News and updates about Victoria Azarenka - Page 57 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 27th, 2014, 04:32 PM   #841
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: News and updates about Victoria Azarenka

Press conference after R1 vs Doi:

Quote:
Q. For two sets it was pretty tough. How were you feeling?

VICTORIA AZARENKA: I think she played really well, you know. She served really well and took the opportunities on the service games. I felt like I had some chances, but I didn't really commit well enough. You know, she really went for it. So the second set was all about try to stay with her and try to create more opportunities. I felt like I started to be more aggressive. So, yeah, I think that switch of just staying out there and keep fighting, it was important today.

Q. Physically you felt 100%?

VICTORIA AZARENKA: I'm so tired of answering this question. What is 100% physically?

Q. No pain.

VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well, as an athlete, you will always have a little bit of something there. But I felt good. You know, I felt throughout three sets I was pretty consistent with movement and everything. So it was all good.

Q. What is your reaction to a 15-year-old winning a match here for the first time since 1996?

VICTORIA AZARENKA: Winning a match in a Grand Slam?

Q. It hasn't happened in so long.

VICTORIA AZARENKA: I think it's a great opportunity. You know, I have no idea who she beat or who the girl is. I think it's a great achievement. Hopefully she can keep it up.

Q. She upset the No. 12 seed, Cibulkova.

VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well, that's impressive. That's really impressive for at 15. But I can't tell you much because I have no idea what we talking about. By the result, just by result itself, it's impressive.

Q. You said on the court after you won that you were enjoying the fight this summer. You showed a lot of fight in the third set. What has that been like, the process of your competitiveness?

VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well, you know, I think coming back from not playing in general is always tough because you need to get that momentum. You know, I've been working hard on my body. I feel like I'm improving in every aspect. Sometimes what it is, it's challenging to get the rhythm because your physical ability raises up and your tennis has to catch up. So during the tournament it's sometimes a battle to do that. But I just take that as it happens. I feel like I'm working on the right things, you know. And the most important for me fighting-wise is just to enjoy my time on the court. You know, no matter how hard it is or what's going on, I just need to enjoy. I need to have that passion. I do play with passion. And I think I have a little bit of extra motivation in a way that I didn't play in a while. I just realize I love tennis that much.

Q. It seemed like there were a couple moments when you were giving yourself a pep talk on the court, to get yourself back in a point or a game. Where does that come from? It almost seemed like you were having an argument with yourself or your game.

VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well, I'm my own toughest opponent. So I talk to myself. I curse at myself. I pump myself up. Whatever it takes to do, I don't really give a damn how it looks really because when I'm in the moment I need to be me and I need to do me. Whatever helps me to be out there and fight and give my best on every single point, that's what I'm going to do.

Q. You just came back from injuries. This is the first match of the US Open. You lost the first set to almost an unknown player. What was your feeling at that point? Were you panicking or were you very calm? How did you feel?

VICTORIA AZARENKA: I think that's a little bit unfair to say that way. I think it's a little bit disrespectful to say about my opponent, an unknown player. I know her, I think she has big potential. She showed it today. She has great shots, great serve, and she was really fighting hard. I'm not going to feel the way you probably think I should because I was just giving my best fight. In any match you play, you got 50/50 chances. No matter how much of a favorite you are or somebody else is, you still got to go and win. You know, you got to fight hard, and that's it. Anything can happen. So to have respect to my opponent, I definitely had that.

Q. What about the speed of the court? What were your observations with how it compared to previous trips to the Open for you?

VICTORIA AZARENKA: Previous Opens? I don't know. But all the courts here are different, so we just have to get used to it. And, you know, play out there and don't really think is the court fast or is the ball flying more. You just got to compete.

Q. If you were put in charge of the sport and could change any rule about the matches, or add a rule, delete a rule, what do you think you would choose to change?

VICTORIA AZARENKA: About the rules of the game? I think it's a very complex question. It has to be discussed with some players and take in consideration just how players feel in general. On my own opinion, I don't want to structure it that way. The only thing that sometimes I get confused is when it's a late call or a not late call, and the umpire decides if you replay the point or the point is yours. That, I don't never understand that rule. I think we might have to look at that.

Q. What do you think could be adjusted so that lack of clarity could be fixed?

VICTORIA AZARENKA: I don't know. I think that's probably between players to try to figure out. It's not a media discussion. I think if it needs to be addressed, it should be addressed at the player meeting, talk to the tournament directors, you know, the tour. So I believe that.

Q. At a Grand Slam you have a lot of chances to play a lot of matches. Do you feel the momentum could build here?

VICTORIA AZARENKA: There's a better chance for that. If it's going to happen? I don't know. I wish I could be a psychic and tell you what's going to happen in the future. I think I put the best chances on my side that way. You know, I'm going to take every day and try to make the best out of every day. I know results is going to come. It's just a matter of time. I believe in myself, so I just got to keep working hard.
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/int...095697250.html
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 27th, 2014, 06:59 PM   #842
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

I like how she's realistic and kind of snarky instead of just humoring the press.
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2014, 02:28 PM   #843
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

love the response about the SHORTS, hilarious.

Q. One of your favorite subjects is GaŽl Monfils. How would you describe what it's like to watch him play?

VICTORIA AZARENKA: I think he's one of the best entertainers in tennis. I think it's so amazing to watch him play. Sometimes I get a little bit frustrated with him because I know he should win some matches that he loses. I think he's still yet to reach his full potential, because I think he's super, super talented.

Q. What are your thoughts on his match tomorrow?

VICTORIA AZARENKA: I think it's going to be interesting. Obviously Grigor is playing really well and really confident this year. I think he stepped up on his whole other level, so it will be tough. But we'll see (smiling).

Q. That was I think one of the best women's matches that we've seen so far this week.

VICTORIA AZARENKA: Thank you.

Q. A tough fight from both sides. Curious if you were surprised about what Krunic was able to do, or impressed? That was the first time you played her. I don't know if you saw her much before.

VICTORIA AZARENKA: I haven't watched, so obviously I didn't have a lot of data on her or, you know, much of an idea. I think she played exceptionally well today. I'm not sure if I would have watched the matches before that would help me a lot, I think because I felt like not knowing much she still played on a really high level and pretty consistent through the whole match. She gave a fight, and she wasn't afraid to go big on the important moments. I was a little bit surprised that she's not that tall, and she hits the ball and unleashes her forehand with so much power. So that was quite surprising. But, you know, I think she's a young player. She has a good future if she keeps going this way.

Q. What do you think you have proven to yourself about the physical ailments you have overcome and in gaining confidence as you have advanced?

VICTORIA AZARENKA: Proving to myself?

Q. Yes, because when you have physical problems you have to get back to a certain stage. How have you done that and what have you shown yourself?

VICTORIA AZARENKA: I just really try to focus on, you know, each day at a time. I don't look back of how tough it was. I just try to make the best out of that situation. I have been working really hard on my body and try to come back stronger than I was before, so I feel that I'm still in the process. But I'm glad that I'm making this run to create myself opportunities to have, you know, competition, endurance, get match after match after match in a Grand Slam, you know, on such a high level. So it's a great achievement. But in terms of, you know, body, what did I do, is just really try to stay positive and work hard. That's a simple answer. I don't think there is much of a magic happening unless you just put all the chances on your side to try to do your best.

Q. You won the girls title here. Do you think that gives you an advantage when it comes to the women's title here?

VICTORIA AZARENKA: No (smiling). No, because I think you have a seen a lot of junior players who won, you know, juniors and we never saw them again.

Q. What are your thoughts on the matchup with Makarova?

VICTORIA AZARENKA: I think she's a very tough opponent because she's very consistent. You know, she reads the game really well. We had some tough matches in the past. I think she's not afraid to play against top players. She handled herself well against, you know, big names in Grand Slams. She's definitely playing well. I'm looking forward to that match.

Q. What have you enjoyed the most during this tournament so far in the way you've played given what you've suffered?

VICTORIA AZARENKA: You're making it sound like I went through, I don't know, that I almost died and, you know, there was 10 sharks and I got attacked and I survived. And, you know, I saved a dolphin, as well. It's not that complicated, really. You know, what I enjoy is to play tennis. To be talking about what happened with my injuries, I mean, it's useless already. Really what I want to do is to focus on the moment and, you know, just leave this moment, enjoy this moment because I really do, and try to make the best out of this particular moment. What happened in the past, you know, I ain't got no genie in the bottle to wish what could I do in the past.

Q. Just going back to the recent past, the match that just finished, you know, you were happy at the end that you won. There were moments of frustration kind of during the match. I'm curious about some of that frustration. I know are they're intense and emotional and all that. But in terms of the frustration, how much of it was what she was doing, like getting back tons of balls? How much of it you didn't feel like you were kind of hitting maybe quite as well? What was the balance between what she was sort of doing and what you were maybe struggling to do?

VICTORIA AZARENKA: I mean, it kind of comes together, you know. She obviously brings a lot of balls and she makes you go sometimes for extra shots. I didn't feel so much frustration. I just wanted to push myself to be doing the right thing. The only thing I was frustrated is because I kept putting my butt back, like, I mean, I wouldn't follow the ball. That was the frustrating part, that I kept doing the same thing. But I think that's what she does with her game to really push -- for yourself to find an opportunity and go for it. I think in the second set I have done that and in the third set I have done that to break her and really take the lead.

Q. Did her style of play remind you of anybody in particular?

VICTORIA AZARENKA: I don't know. I didn't think about it.

Q. You were talking about Milos's sleeve before, and Serena was saying that she was the one that said it first, that she wanted the sleeve. What do you think about that?

VICTORIA AZARENKA: When did she say that?

Q. The other press conference before.

VICTORIA AZARENKA: She said today?

Q. She didn't mention you, but I was thinking maybe she was...

VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well we got it all squared out because I text her right after. I said, Hey, I already said that first, so back off. She said, Oh -- and she said very nice tweet. She said, Oopsy. I said really? That's what you went with? Oopsy? So, yeah, it's pretty fascinating. I was thinking about that tweet for like before my match when I was watching, because I played after Milos. I was like, I can't wait to tweet that, but if I do that before my match you're going go, She's not focused. I was like, okay, I will do it after my match. So I tweeted after my match. The funny story, I actually went on his Twitter after. I like to see who people follow sometimes, and that dude follows Milos Raonic's hair, Milos Raonic's Sleeve. To me, it's incredible. He's a rock star.

Q. You might get your own account with the thing you were doing today.

VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well, I'm not going to develop that, but I'm sure a lot of people would like to do that.

Q. You mentioned that not a lot of people have won the girls' and the women's singles. Why do you think that is? Are the skills that different, to win the two events?

VICTORIA AZARENKA: Do you really want me to answer that question?

Q. Honest answer.

VICTORIA AZARENKA: But you don't have like a perspective on that question? Like the juniors and the pros? It's whole different world. Like really, it's a whole different world. Mentality, the preparation, the physical aspect, I think is just night and day.

Q. You talked about Milos' sleeve. Do you feel comfortable back in the shorts? During your big winning streak, beginning of 2012, all in shorts. I'm wondering if you're in a happy place again now that you're back in them.

VICTORIA AZARENKA: Ben, you're killing me every time.

Q. It's a good question.

VICTORIA AZARENKA: I mean, I missed you so much. You didn't show up in any of my press conferences before and I was wondering when are you going to show up with some ridiculous stuff. I think my shorts are in a happy place, you know. They are on a happy place. You know, it's on my butt, so it's in a happy place.

Q. What was GaŽl's reaction, if you heard it, to your happy birthday song?

VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well, he text me that he loves me very much and -- not in that way. Okay. Okay. I just wanted to wish him happy birthday. I wanted to make it special. He was really touched. So I think that was kind of cool.
joshum is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2014, 02:54 PM   #844
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute
Vika slaying.

The shorts are the source of her Sith powers

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2014, 07:00 AM   #845
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
Now we know why she sticks her bum out after she misses a shot.
Old Sep 15th, 2014, 09:36 PM   #846
country flag VIK!

VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of

Toray Pan Pacific Open - Tokyo 2014

OOP:

1st opponent: Kimiko Date-Krumm

Old Sep 16th, 2014, 12:53 PM   #847
country flag VIK!

VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of

Tokyo 2014
R1 WIN against Kimiko Date-Krum (JPN;#86) 3:6 (30min.) ; 6:0 (31min.) ; 6:2 (34min.)

Old Sep 16th, 2014, 01:09 PM   #848
country flag VIK!

Next opponent for R2:

Old Sep 16th, 2014, 10:14 PM   #849
country flag VIK!

Tokyo 2014

OOP:

Old Sep 17th, 2014, 01:39 AM   #850
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't seen the match but those are very good stats.
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2014, 09:07 PM   #851
country flag VIK!

Dongfeng Motor Wuhan Open 2014

From tournm. HP:
Quote:
Azarenka joins stellar 2014 Dongfeng Motor •Wuhan Open line-up

Two-time Australian Open champion Victoria Azarenka will join the all-star player field at the inaugural Dongfeng Motors Wuhan Open after being granted a wildcard by tournament organisers. The new WTA event will be held in the central Chinese city of Wuhan 21st to 27th September 2014.

Azarenka’s entry into the already star-studded draw means that the 2014 Dongfeng Motor Wuhan Open will now feature all of the World’s Top 20 players, including Li Na, Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova, Simona Halep, Petra Kvitova, Agnieszka Radwanska, Angelique Kerber, Eugenie Bouchard,Jelena Jankovic, Ana Ivanovic and Caroline Wozniacki.

Quote from Victoria Azarenka:

“It looks like an incredible new event so I'm really happy that I can be part of it. Such a strong line-up of players and that fact that it's a brand new event in a city that is new to us makes it even more exciting. I'm really looking forward to coming to Wuhan and competing hard for the title.”

http://en.wuhanopen.org/index.php/in...w-aid-161.html

First opponent for R1:
Old Sep 22nd, 2014, 10:48 AM   #852
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Why even post something like that? There is no new information in it whatsoever and it's a heavily biased opinion.
Old Sep 22nd, 2014, 11:20 AM   #853
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewTFDavai View Post
I thought it might have a point.
She withdrew after seeing the draw with JJ, Venus, Aga... She lost to Makarova, Ana, didn't defeat a top player in a long time.
Sam talking about anxiety etc.
But I can delete it if it is disturbing.
It's not that it's disturbing, it's that it doesn't belong in the news and updates thread. If you think the writer is correct you could discuss it in the cheering thread where people are giving their opinions about her withdrawal.
Old Sep 22nd, 2014, 11:34 AM   #854
country flag NewTFDavai

NewTFDavai has a brilliant future NewTFDavai has a brilliant future NewTFDavai has a brilliant future NewTFDavai has a brilliant future NewTFDavai has a brilliant future NewTFDavai has a brilliant future NewTFDavai has a brilliant future NewTFDavai has a brilliant future NewTFDavai has a brilliant future NewTFDavai has a brilliant future NewTFDavai has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_Biscan View Post
It's not that it's disturbing, it's that it doesn't belong in the news and updates thread. If you think the writer is correct you could discuss it in the cheering thread where people are giving their opinions about her withdrawal.
Ok, I deleted my posts. I thought it was a news article.
NewTFDavai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2014, 12:01 PM   #855
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

It's not so much that it's disturbing. It isn't really. It's more is it an article that warrants any serious discussion.

It's a poorly resourced article, with no new news beyond what is already out there. And it's written by someone with a clear agenda to push against Vika, when a journalists job is to maintain neutrality in their writing, not takes sides.

As for your point I don't agree at all. You really think Vika would take this decision lightly. The reasons aren't fully clear yet. But she's not just woke up one day and decided she's taking the rest of the year off. Some discussion with her team will have gone into this, and I am pretty sure it's all down to her, nothing to do with her draw.