News and updates about Victoria Azarenka - Page 55 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 14th, 2014, 05:08 PM   #811
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Re: News and updates about Victoria Azarenka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
I think there's absolute no chance she plays Strasbourg or Nürnberg. We would know by now. She isn't going to just turn up few days before and play an event.

The only reason I can see her playing the French is she needs matches and you have to start somewhere, and in a strange kind of way unless you get a bad draw you normally get a set of soft matches at grand slams to ease you back into action (something she isn't guaranteed at all if she starts at say Eastbourne).

Really her plans are a mystery. As I said I am doubtful on her French Open participation, but from what she's posting I'd also expect her to be back by Wimbledon. She isn't down for any warm ups though. Birmingham might be better than Eastbourne, it has a weaker draw and isn't the week before Wimbledon.
Agree with that part. Even last year, she came into the tournament having just made the Rome final but was hardly in form. And US Open 2012 she was coming off grass at the Olympics with a bit of a layoff in between. And she typically skips Wimbledon warm-ups. So it can be done, but it will certainly be very tough with this long off, and on her least favorite surface.
iGOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 14th, 2014, 10:32 PM   #812
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know. You have to start somewhere, yes, but not at a tournament with that much attention. I think she has learned her lesson from the ill-fated IW adventure.

My pick for her return is Eastbourne simply because it would give her another week to prepare, plus she's not allowed to play Birmingham anyways, I'm there

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2014, 10:50 PM   #813
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute
I also think in her case playing the week before Wimbledon would actually be helpful, as she could potentially build much needed momentum going right in to the tournament, instead of getting some matches then having a whole week or more off.

I find it strange how no one likes playing the week before majors these days - they all used to (and Vika did very successfully in Sydney 2012). I remember Ma$ha getting some coverage back around 2007 for how she didn't like to do that and it seems like everyone else decided to copy her on that one.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old May 15th, 2014, 06:42 AM   #814
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

If Vika feels good, then Birmingham or Netherlands, Eastbourne will be good starters!!

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka

Last edited by LUVMIRZA : May 15th, 2014 at 06:47 AM.
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2014, 04:42 PM   #815
country flag VIK!

VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
I'm there
Hopefully it will happen this time. Good luck!
Old May 15th, 2014, 05:42 PM   #816
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

It won't, turns out I'm not going, just found out that I absolutely can't take the week off

So yeah, she's definitely going to play Birmingham now

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2014, 07:05 PM   #817
country flag VIK!

VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of

Old May 24th, 2014, 11:16 PM   #818
country flag VIK!

Meilen:
Quote:
Beautiful view while arriving to Paris.. The #arcdetriomphe being refurbished.. Je adore ❤️❤️
http://www.iphoneogram.com/p/7275674...5188_16124782/
So, they are in France, probably Monaco. According to the latest photo.
Old Jun 5th, 2014, 12:16 PM   #819
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.tennisactu.net/news-wta-a...medium=twitter

Quote:
Après avoir renvoyé la balle avec le Français Julien Jeanpierre, 34 ans et qui a remporté l’Open d’Australie Juniors en 1998. Année où il a toujours été en tête du classement de sa catégorie d’âge. Avant de culminer au 133e rang mondial en 2004 où il avait atteint le 3e tour à Roland-Garros, Victoria Azarenka a donc choisi un autre Français pour sparring-partner. Son nom ? Clément Reix, 30 ans et qui pointe actuellement à la 978e place mondiale au classement ATP. Sans oublier que Clément Reix a remporté dans sa carrière 5 tournois Futures. De son côté, Julien Jeanpierre est devenu, depuis le Masters 1000 de Miami, l'entraîneur de Paul-Henri Mathieu.
According to a rough Google translation Vika Azarenka has a new French sparring partner Clément Reix who replaces Julien Jeanpierre.
http://www.tennisexplorer.com/player/reix/
Exordes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2014, 06:23 PM   #820
country flag VIK!

Happy birthday Daddyrenka!
Quote:
Happy birthday to the best dad in the world!!! Love you daddy! pic.twitter.com/qYNeqKGmyZ
Old Jun 11th, 2014, 02:56 PM   #821
country flag iGOAT

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...week/10320651/ YAAASSSSSSSSS!!!!!!
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 01:08 PM   #822
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hingis, Azarenka and Watson join Rally for Bally

Fifteen time Grand Slam champion Martina Hingis, double Australian Open champion Victoria Azarenka and British No.1 Heather Watson will join a host of stars taking part in the Rally For Bally on Sunday as some of the biggest names in tennis join together for three star-studded exhibition matches in London, Birmingham and Eastbourne. The Rally for Bally is a national fundraising effort in memory of former British No.1 Elena Baltacha, known as Bally, who died of liver cancer on 4th May. All funds raised will be split equally between the Royal Marsden Cancer Charity and the Elena Baltacha Foundation, the charity attached to the Elena Baltacha Academy of Tennis which Bally set up to help children from all backgrounds play tennis. Hingis, who was ranked No.1 in the world and won five Grand Slam singles titles as well as nine in doubles and one in mixed doubles, joins an incredible line-up at The Queen’s Club, where Andy Murray and Aegon Championships Tournament Director Ross Hutchins will lead ‘Team Andy’ and ‘Team Ross’. Hingis, Azarenka and Watson will be joined by Murray’s fellow Wimbledon champion Marion Bartoli who has already been announced. Laura Robson, Watson’s Fed Cup team-mate, is injured and unable to play but will be on court helping to MC the match. “I am so happy to be involved in the Rally For Bally because I think it’s going to be a very special day for everyone in tennis,” said Hingis. “The loss of Elena was very sad and it touched everyone inside and outside of tennis but it’s great that everyone in her sport is pulling together like this. It’s the perfect way to remember her and also to raise money for causes that mattered to her.” Victoria Azarenka added: “Elena was one of us. I will always remember our matches, what a fighter she was and how much she loved tennis. We will always miss her. The whole of the tennis world is together in the Rally For Bally, to try to raise as much money as possible for the Academy that she was so passionate about, and to fund the on-going fight against cancer.” The Aegon Classic in Birmingham and the Aegon International in Eastbourne also boast dazzling line-ups of past and current players. Martina Navratilova, winner of a staggering 59 Grand Slam titles in singles, doubles and mixed doubles, will be joined by former British No.1s Tim Henman and Anne Keothavong and former Wimbledon mixed doubles champion Jamie Murray. Former Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova and fellow WTA player Agnieszka Radwanska – who will be seeded one and two for the Aegon International will be joined on court in Eastbourne by former British No.1 Greg Rusedski and current British No. 1 in doubles Colin Fleming.

[...]
http://www.lta.org.uk/News/2014/June...lly-for-Bally/
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 01:23 PM   #823
country flag iGOAT

I wonder why she is playing this in Queens instead of Eastbourne . Not exactly ideal preparation but I guess they aren't too far apart.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 04:56 PM   #824
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Azarenka Happy After 1st Comeback Match, a Loss
EASTBOURNE, England — Jun 17, 2014, 12:29 PM
By BARRY WOOD Associated Press

Victoria Azarenka was reasonably satisfied after losing her first match in more than three months, a three-setter in the first round of the Aegon Championships on Tuesday.

Azarenka, the former No. 1 recovered from a left foot injury, lost 4-6, 6-3, 7-5 to Camila Giorgi of Italy after 2 hours, 46 minutes.

"That's exactly what I wanted," Azarenka said. "I wanted to have a competitive match. I wanted to test myself, to play for a long time, see how my body is going to react.

"I'm pretty pleased with what happened. Obviously the result is the result, but that's a beginning. It's a starting point. There are a lot of positive things that I can take from what happened today."

Giorgi had previously demonstrated her grass-court skills by reaching the fourth round at Wimbledon as a qualifier in 2012, and she was a third-round finisher last year.

Azarenka won the first set from 4-2 down. Giorgi took a 5-0 lead in the second, saving five break points at 4-0. In the final set, Giorgi failed to serve out the match at 5-4, but broke again at 6-5 when Azarenka netted a backhand, and closed out the match at her second opportunity.

Despite her defeat, Azarenka believed she was almost ready to compete again at the highest level.

"I was really happy that I was there for every single moment, for every single ball," she said. "I felt that my level of concentration was really high. I just have to get into that rhythm."

In other matches, former champion Ekaterina Makarova defeated Italian qualifier Francesca Schiavone 7-5, 6-3, and seventh-seeded Italian Sara Errani was beaten 7-6 (5), 6-2 by American qualifier Lauren Davis.

There were also wins for sixth seed Flavia Pennetta, Slovak Daniela Hantuchova, Britain's Johanna Konta and American Varvara Lepchenko.

In the ATP event, seventh seed Santiago Giraldo of Colombia was beaten 6-3, 6-7 (5), 6-3 by Jarkko Nieminen of Finland.
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSto...medium=twitter
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2014, 04:14 PM   #825
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

STRAIGHT SETS VICTORY SO SWEET FOR VICTORIA AZARENKA

by Ronald Atkin
Monday 23 June 2014
For Victoria Azarenka, a Grand Slam champion and former world No.1, a first round victory, even one at Wimbledon, would appear to be routine stuff. But her 6-3, 7-5 dismissal of Croatia’s Mirjana Lucic-Baroni, ranked 108, was, she was delighted to report, “very special”.

It was on this very same No.1 Court, and in the very same round, exactly a year ago that Azarenka damaged her right knee and was forced to pull out of the 2013 Championships, setting off 12 months of injury misery. This was her first win in almost five months, since she reached the quarter-finals of the Australian Open, and only her third match since then because of left foot problems.

After Australia Azarenka lost her first attempted comeback at Indian Wells in March and she was also beaten in the first round of Eastbourne last week.

Hardly the most propitious of omens for someone who has twice been a Wimbledon semi-finalist, so it was no wonder she looked radiant as she said: “I am so happy and excited to get a win. I am very happy to be able to play, and the best feeling is to play pain-free. That’s what is important to me.

“Getting my game together again, and the timing, is a long process. But the important thing is that I’m there 100 percent. My focus is there. My desire and concentration is there. That’s all I can ask for in myself.”

What the woman from Belarus might reasonably demand of herself, given time and more successes, is a closer version of the game which propelled her to the peak of the women’s rankings in January 2012. It was understandable that her tennis should not yet be hiccup-free, but if her play carried traces of rust, she was in good company. As plain Miss Lucic, her opponent has known bleak times since bursting into the 1999 Wimbledon semi-finals as a 15-year-old but her ability to produce moment of brilliance was enough to push Azarenka to the limits of her reviving skills.

After racing into a 4-1 first set lead, Azarenka was suddenly plagued by double faults but, bolstered by Lucic-Baroni’s total of 13 unforced errors, she gave herself the huge boost of a one-set lead when, on set point, the Croat struck a simple forehand well out of court.

Suitably stirred, Lucic-Baroni gained much from her treatment of the Azarenka second serve and led 3-1 in the second set, only to be clawed back to 3-3. It was a sign that Azarenka’s rehab is only just getting under way that she fell 5-3 behind again and needed to fight off a set point at that stage.

That achievement sparked off a revival which was a reminder of happier days as she swept the next three games. She acknowledged that the second set, in which she did not lead for the first time until the 11th game, was “a bit tricky”, but added: “I’m just happy I stayed in there and fought for every point.”

Azarenka was also happy to show off her fingernails, coloured light blue in honour of the Argentina football team which she says she has supported through the last three World Cups. And her true affection? “I love Messi, I think he’s one of the greatest players of all time. He’s so little, so cute.”
Follow the latest news and scores from Wimbledon 2014 on Wimbledon.com or download the official iPhone, Android and iPad apps.
joshum is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote