News and updates about Victoria Azarenka - Page 52 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 20th, 2014, 04:11 AM   #766
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Re: News and updates about Victoria Azarenka

TODAY'S STATS:

I wish we had access to videos of the full press conferences instead of just the two minute "highlight" they give us, but looking forward to reading it I guess.
iGOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 20th, 2014, 08:35 AM   #767
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Australian Open 2014 - Press conference after R4 vs Stephens

Quote:
Q. You must have obviously have been happy with the win.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Yeah, I'm happy with the way I played. I think we were very competitive today. I know that Sloane is a great player, a very tough fighter. She was holding her serve really well. I felt like I had few chances, but she managed to come back strong.

So was important just to stay in that zone and try to create another opportunity. And, yeah, I felt that I been able to do that.

Q. Did the win feel as comfortable as the scoreline suggested it was?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: You know, I never look at it what was the score. I know how I felt out there. I felt like it was competitive. I just felt that I managed to pick it up on the important moments and really control the game.

Even though sometimes, you know, I missed few shots, I felt like I was doing the right thing. I just wanted to apply that and keep working on that.

Q. You both played last year under the same sort of pressure on center court. Have you noticed much of a difference in her game?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I think she improved a lot. I mean, obviously with a year I think she got much more experience. I wasn't really focused on what she was doing. I was just trying to focus on what I can execute and what I can do well.

But, you know, as I said before many times, I think she's a great player. She has a good future in front of her. She's always a tough competitor.

Q. With the No. 1 and 3 seeds out, does that change your mindset at all?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: No, never. It doesn't matter. We still have high competition out there. The players who beat those players deserve all the credit because they've been better, so they are dangerous and they are competitive.

For me it's important to just, you know, keep focusing on my game and play it one at a time. Quarterfinals of a Grand Slam is never easy, no matter who you play.

Q. She drove a ball back at you. Did you feel she had a choice there? Was that the right shot to play, hitting the ball straight at you, hitting you in the hip?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: If I had a problem with it? No. Why would I have a problem with it?

Q. Looked like she was trying to apologize to you.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: She did. That's tennis. I'm just focused on the next point. Maybe she had an open court, but she chose that shot. I have no problem with that. I'm just focused on the next one.

Q. What is the secret of starting a season well, starting the year well?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Motivation. I think the motivation is there. You're hungry to play. I think it's a little bit tougher mentally in the end of the season, especially that last run after the four Grand Slams are done.

And I think the preparation helps, as well. You have a good block of training. Sometimes it doesn't work right away, but I think in the longer run, and mentally, you can rely on that.

Q. How burnt were you at the end of last year?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I was tired. I was unmotivated really because I didn't manage my schedule that well, especially after the US Open. I didn't realize how much it took out of me.

I went to play some tournaments maybe I shouldn't have, but I wanted to. I wanted to play. So I actually take that as a very positive thing, that I learned how to be in that situation and how to come out of it.

But, you know, this year, next year, I'll try to manage that a little bit better. But as long as I want to be on the court, you know, I'm feeling pretty good with my game.

Q. How much time did you take off and how much time in the off season were you working for the new season?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I took off about five days maybe. I can't sit still. Like I can't sit still. I need to keep moving. I don't play tennis much during my off season actually. I didn't play for a month and a half.

But I kept active. I tried to work on my fitness. I done a lot of other things. I paddle board. I danced. I did ballet. As long as I'm active, it's good for me.

Actually, after Istanbul I wasn't really happy with how I finished the year. Took me three days to get over it and I was back at it again, so...

Q. To be successful in a slam over two weeks, you have to be physically fit. Nothing niggling at the moment that's going to hamper you in the next five or six days?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I don't think about five or six days from now. I think about tomorrow. Tomorrow I have a day off. I'm going to take full advantage of that to recover and to prepare myself for the next match.

I think that's the best approach to go.

Q. What you said on the court with Rennae Stubbs, can we say you are seriously considering having a marriage right now?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Why would you take something from that? She grabbed my hand and she saw that there is nothing on my hand, so...

There's an answer. There's nothing still (showing hand). Once you see a big, big bling big, big bling maybe.

Q. You said it's larger than Caro's.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: It better be. Better be (smiling).

Q. Can we say after Serena and Maria are gone, you and Li Na are the overwhelming favorites in the bottom and top half of the draw?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well, by the rankings, probably yes. By the game, I don't consider the self just a favorite because I don't consider anybody as the favorite. I just go out there and play my best, because anybody on any given day we've seen that happen last couple days can bring their best game.

You have to stay alert. It doesn't matter the level that you're No. 2 or whatever. Everybody has proven that anybody can beat anybody.

The way I approach the matches, I have to be ready 100% for every player.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 04:07 PM   #768
country flag VIK!

VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of

Once again, very smart answers!
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 04:41 PM   #769
country flag VIK!

VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of

AO '14 - Stats
R4 - Sloane Stephens

Next opponent for QF:

Old Jan 20th, 2014, 05:54 PM   #770
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIK! View Post
Once again, very smart answers!
I really like her point about how everybody has proven that anybody can beat anybody, which shows she is still sharp.

The head-to-head with Lady Aga is a bit misleading, because almost all the matches have been close, but I'd still rather be in Vika's position .
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 06:06 PM   #771
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
The head-to-head with Lady Aga is a bit misleading, because almost all the matches have been close, but I'd still rather be in Vika's position .
Vika won the last 5 matches

6-2 6-4,
6-0 6-2,
6-1 6-3,
6-2 6-4,
6-3 6-3

That's not all that close, is it. But I agree with what you wrote in the Cheering Thread that Vika shouldn't underestimate Aga (and I'm sure she won't).
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 07:03 PM   #772
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Just keep the fuckery under control, my Sith Princess.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 05:27 AM   #773
country flag Natural Joe

Australian Open 2014 - Press conference after QF vs A. Radwanska

Quote:
Q. It looks like the way Agnieszka played today makes you so angry.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: What? No, she played well. She didn't make me angry. I don't think I played my best tennis, but it didn't make me angry.

Q. When you won the second set, what was going through your mind at the start of the third?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well, the first set and the third set, I think there was just too many mistakes and too many easy mistakes on important moments. Like from the dropshot to the dropshot, or just I had the full court. Of course, she was passing amazing today and getting to every ball.

But I just didn't have the focus on finishing the point so accurate. That definitely changed the momentum. She really took advantage of that. It was hard to come back.

But, I don't know, my game wasn't there today as I wanted it to. But she definitely played really well.

Q. Something particular she did better than she normally does?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: She was aggressive. She was making everything. She was guessing right. I was just playing a little bit too predictive, you know.

In the second set I managed to fight back. Third set, you know, the first game was important. I let it go, like easily let it go. From there just couldn't get back to it. It was tough.

Q. I think this is the fifth straight match where the higher ranked player has lost. Seems like there's a weird vibe around the tournament.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I don't know. I don't think about that. I think about today's match, what I did, what I could do better.

But other players, you know, different vibe, whatever, I don't really care about that.

Q. How long will it take you to get over a loss like this?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I'll be fine tomorrow. I'll be working tomorrow. It's not the end of the world. I'm not happy with what I did today. But on the court I felt like I could have played a lot better. I could have changed something, you know, today. Could have been more sharp. There's so much to improve from today.

I can't take away what she's done today. She played amazing. She really was on top in the longer rallies and way more accurate than me.

Q. You said she played amazing. Talk a little bit more about that.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Yeah, as I said, she was getting to every ball. She guessed, you know, so many of my shots. But I felt like at one point I was being too predictable. I was stopping with doing that thing, so...

But she definitely took advantage of that. She was solid from the baseline. She came in when she needed to. She served well in the important moments. She was just doing everything a little bit better than me. I was just watching. I was like a spectator a little bit.

Q. Your shirt, is that the attitude you want to show people after an upset like this one?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: No, it's just a shirt I had. I wore it before.

Q. It's random?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Yeah.

Q. Obviously you're very disappointed. Is there a feeling of an opportunity lost, because slams only come around four times a year?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Yeah, you can look at it as a lost opportunity. There's nothing else I can do right now. I can think about how I lost today, how disappointed I am today, what it is.

What I have to think is what I have to do better next time. It's just the beginning. So I know if I wouldn't be able to do much better than today, it's better to just stop playing tennis.

But I know that I can do better and I can play better so... You know, I guess there's some positive in there.

Q. Did she figure something out in your game or were you making life easier for her this time around?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I think both. I felt from my side I was just a little bit too stubborn, doing the same thing, missing the same shots. It was a little bit, a little bit there. That's what it takes. It doesn't matter how big out or how close to the net you hit, if it's a mistake, it's a mistake.

Q. Are you planning to play Fed Cup?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: No, I never planned on that.

Q. What is your schedule from here to Indian Wells?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I'm going to play in Doha.

Q. Just Doha?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Uh huh.

Q. You talk about your predictability as being a problem. How can you change that up in your game?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Think a little bit more on the court. Just try to figure out during play, not just kind of be in the clouds and watch the opponent play amazing. Just have to do something, something different, even if it's something that I don't like to do.
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 07:29 AM   #774
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

She is spot on.

She let it go too easily the first game of third set

She was too stubborn in returning playing cos things didn't work her way

She was not sharp or accurate

My personal take, she didn't focus on to playing her game style but let aga played the way she played. She watched and not focused. You can tell from her have when she is in the zone. She was just here and there, and focused too much on her frustration. I still insist , she underestimated her. That's what got her jn troubles so many times. But against sloane or Serena , she knows she needs to bring her best, and even she didn't make one shot, she won't be down but focus on next one to create opportunities. She looked so dumb and stubborn today. She didn't focus on herself and play her game. Wanna die still. What an opportunity.

But the better player won.

And she mentioned retirement.....she has got to get the USO.
joshum is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 07:53 PM   #775
country flag iGOAT

A little bit terrifying she mentions stopping there right when Temperenka had that feeling. I still don't see it happening yet, but yikes.
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 05:28 PM   #776
country flag cocoblush

cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all

Go Vika and get the trophy that no one has before!!

Quote:
Victoria Azarenka In Line For Diamond Ball Trophy

The Qatar Tennis Federation will present the Diamond Ball trophy to the Qatar Total Open player who has won the tournament three times.

World number two Victoria Azarenka of Belarus (the two-time defending champion) is the only main draw player in contention to win this coveted trophy, something no player has managed to do previously.

Azarenka first won in Doha title in 2012 when she defeated Australia’s Sam Stosur in the final 6-1, 6-2.

She returned last year to defend her title which she did successfully by defeating American Serena Williams in the final, 7-6(6), 2-6, 6-3.

Azarenka is the holder of 17 WTA singles titles and six doubles titles. She has won the Australian Open two times (2012 and 2013) and reached the finals of the US Open twice (2012 and 2013). She also has an Olympic gold medal for the Mixed Doubles title she won (with Max Mirnyi) at the 2012 London Games.

Tournament Director, Saad al-Mohannadi, said of this year’s potential Diamond Ball trophy winner: “It is very exciting to know that Victoria Azarenka could win the Diamond Ball trophy. It would be an incredible achievement to win the Qatar Total Open title three times and no player has been able to do so before.”

“With so many talented players in the draw, it is a very competitive field and it would be interesting to see if Victoria can defend her title and win the Diamond Ball trophy as well,” he added.
http://www.sport.co.uk/tennis/victor...rophy/4595210/
cocoblush is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 06:30 PM   #777
country flag VIK!

^

From her WS:
Vika announces first annual charity event

05. Feb. 2014
WTA World #2 and Two-Time Grand Slam Champion, Victoria Azarenka to Host Charity Event Featuring Serena Williams and Gael Monfils

The 1st Annual Vika For the Cause will feature a Doubles ProAm and Youth Clinic on March 1, 2014 at Malibu Racquet Club and will benefit Children’s Hospital Los Angeles

Los Angeles, C.A. (February 3, 2014) – WTA world No. 2 tennis player, Victoria Azarenka, announced today that her 1st annual charity event, Vika for the Cause, will be held on March 1, 2014 at the exclusive Malibu Racquet Club in Malibu, CA. A portion of the proceeds will support the creation of a new Rehabilitation Center at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. Azarenka will be joined by 17-time Grand Slam Champion and current world #1, Serena Williams and good friend and former ATP top 10, Gael Monfils, as well as other ATP/WTA friends.
The event will kick-off with an exclusive Doubles ProAm at Malibu Racquet Club in Malibu, CA where 20 lucky participants will have the opportunity to play side by side with Azarenka, Williams, Monfils, and other tennis professionals. Following the ProAm there will be a special youth clinic giving kids the once-in-a-lifetime chance to play and learn from Azarenka and the other players.
“I am so excited and honored to be able to give back to Children’s Hospital Los Angeles,” said Azarenka. “Los Angeles has become my second home, so I know the community will help make this event the best it can be and raise money for a very worthy cause. I am also thrilled to have my good friends Serena and Gael onboard for this awesome event!”
Azarenka, currently ranked No. 2 on the WTA Tour, is coming off a strong 2013 season, after winning her second straight Australian Open title and adding 2 other WTA wins to her repertoire. Victoria had a tremendous 2013 summer hard court season, having won her first title in Cincinnati and making her 2nd consecutive US Open final along with Williams. Azarenka has 17 total WTA titles to her name, which she is hoping to grow in 2014. Azarenka and Williams, who have had some of the most memorable WTA matches of the past few years, are looking forward to putting their rivalry aside in support of Children’s Hospital Los Angeles at the 2014 Vika for the Cause.
Tickets for the Youth Clinic are currently on sale http://VikaForTheCause.eventbrite.com
For information regarding participation in the ProAm, please contact: Cameron Thaney, cthaney@lagardere-unlimited.com or (202) 721–7230.
About Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
Children’s Hospital Los Angeles has been named the best children’s hospital on the West Coast and among the top five in the nation for clinical excellence with its selection to the prestigious U.S. News & World Report Honor Roll. Children’s Hospital is home to The Saban Research Institute, one of the largest and most productive pediatric research facilities in the United States. Children’s Hospital is also one of America’s premier teaching hospitals through its affiliation since 1932 with the Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California. For more information, visit CHLA.org
http://www.vikaazarenkatennis.com/vi...charity-event/

Old Feb 7th, 2014, 04:18 PM   #778
country flag iGOAT

Vika's nominated for shot of the month if you guys want to vote for her . The poll's a joke though because the best shot of the month was obviously one of Lady Aga's lucky crazy gets in their match.
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 05:43 PM   #779
country flag cocoblush

cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all

Quote:
No. 2 Victoria Azarenka will play for Philadelphia Freedoms in World Team Tennis

NEW YORK – Victoria Azarenka will star for the Philadelphia Freedoms in World Team Tennis.

The No. 2 player in the world was selected in the Mylan WTT marquee player draft on Tuesday. Azarenka returns to WTT for the first time in four years.

The San Diego Aviators will feature the No. 1 doubles team of Bob and Mike Bryan. They'll be joined by Daniela Hantuchova, who will make her WTT debut this summer.

Venus Williams returns to the defending champion Washington Kastles, along with league MVP Martina Hingis. Andy Roddick heads the lineup for the new Austin Aces, joined by Wimbledon champion Marion Bartoli.

The Las Vegas Neon will feature Sam Querrey, and James Blake will play for the Springfield, Mo., Lasers. The WTT season runs July 6-23, with the final on July 27.
foxnews.com
cocoblush is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 10:56 PM   #780
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nike Tennis‏@NikeTennis

Ok, it's time to answer some questions! Let's do this! #AskVika pic.twitter.com/pa9hg1h4UY
Here are some of those questions and answers from the Twitter:

Exordes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote