News and updates about Victoria Azarenka - Page 50 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 26th, 2013, 07:49 PM   #736
country flag VIK!

VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of
Re: News and updates about Victoria Azarenka

YEC Instanbul 2013
PC after RR Match #3 against Li Na(CHN;#5) 2:6 1:6 (1:17h)

Quote:
Q. Can you just tell us what happened with the injury? You're clearly in a lot of discomfort.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well, just, you know, served really hard, and I don't know, just really locked my back. Everything just can't move to one side, and, you know, really just tried to evaluate how, you know, how the blockage, you know, not being adjusted.
I don't know what really happened. You know, just bad movement and really just everything moved, big spasm. No flexibility.

Q. It was clear you were in a lot of pain out there. Looked like you were crying and you let out some yells. Why play on, maybe risk another injury, when it was pretty clear it would be tough to win the match, anyways?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well, there are a few reasons why. Because there is no‑win situation here retiring, and, you know, being all discussed retired, and the other thing is just try to do the best.
I don't have a tournament next week. The physio told me, they told me, You're really locked. There is no really structure damage, but you can't fix it that quickly.
The most important, I just wanted to try to do my best for the fans who came and, you know, watched our match, for respect for my opponent. It was just about trying to do the most you can out there.

Q. So you really thought you'd be criticized if you retired, even though it was very clear you were in pain?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I didn't think about that. I only thought about trying to give my best about, you know, for the people who came to watch the match and for my opponent, as well.

Q. But at the beginning you said there would be a discussion about something when you listed the three reasons.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: There could be; there could not be. I don't know. It's not like it never happened before.

Q. Did the trainer assure you that you would not further injure yourself, or were they not clear enough with what the injury was to give you that assurance?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well, what kind of assurance you talking about? Everybody saw that I was in a lot of pain. You know, in the end of the day, it's my decision what I'm going to do.
I just felt that I want to try my best and go from there. I didn't feel like it was doing, as I said, structural damage. It's just been really locked.

Q. During the last set and a half, there were several times it looked like you might stop. Were there times you thought, okay, I'm going to stop here, or whatever happens I'm going to go to the end?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Yeah, I wanted to go to the end, whatever happens, and just try what I could. It wasn't much, but, you know, I'm not feeling any regrets on that I didn't do my best, and especially for the people.

Q. Just to clarify, it looked like at the end of the point before the serve that you might have felt something. Maybe I'm wrong on that. Was it just after that serve and you landed that you locked up that you felt the pain for the first time?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I didn't feel pain before that. I was just a little uncomfortable. With the serve, that's when I really started to feel the pain.

Q. It's been a very successful season in that you won the Australian Open at the start of the year. How do you reflect on the year now that it's come to an end? It must have been frustrating also the number of little injuries that you picked up along the way.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well, yeah, now is a good time to sit and evaluate. I think, you know, overall, if you look at the results of the numbers, I had a pretty good year. I'm No. 2 in the world. I had, you know, great results on the big tournaments and I had injuries.
So, you know, it's that balance of good and unfortunate. So it just needs to be, you know, looked through more. I think I can learn a lot from these little things to prevent maybe some of the injuries. Some things you cannot, but, you know, for the next year I will be ready, much better, I'm sure about it.

Q. I was reading Andre Agassi's book recently. He was talking about how a loss he had in a Grand Slam final to Sampras wound up affecting him for months and months mentally. Sort of hasn't been the best few months for you since the US Open final results‑wise. Do you think that match is still in your head at all?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: No, not really.

Q. You and Li Na briefly talked after the match, and could you tell us what was the conversation about?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I just wished her good luck for the rest of the tournament, and she asked me if I was okay. That's it.

Q. Talking about the injury, Li Na said earlier when she was here in the news conference the next time you're going to play each other, she wishes both of you are healthy.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I wish so too.

Q. Yeah. Do you feel sorry that the last two meetings between you two went to a similar situation, like she had injury during the final of the Australian Open and you had injury this time? It's kind of a very unlucky situation.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Yeah, but you can't change it. So you can sit here and talk how unlucky it is, but it's not going to change anything. So why feel bad about it? Because there is nothing you can do.
Of course you can be sad, you know, a little bit frustrated, but hopefully next one will be good.

Q. You're looking for the next meeting between you two?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Always.

Q. If you could just talk about a couple of things that were going through your head after your injury and you're on court and you were emotional, but what were you thinking about?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I was thinking, how can I stay here, you know, and what can I do to just not feel pain for one more second? You know, sometimes when I had to get off the chair, it was really challenging. So I was thinking about position, how can I better get up with less pain.
Then you try to see the ball, and you try to still have a little bit of game plan, so it's a big mess of emotions that just your mind goes through.
VIK! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 28th, 2013, 05:04 PM   #737
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Azarenka surface matchstats 2013:

(via KleineBiere)
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2013, 06:06 PM   #738
country flag VIK!

VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of

From her FB:
Quote:
I've been looking back through all my pictures from this year... and I am going to post some of my favorites over the next few days! This is from Melbourne at the Australian Open... )
Old Nov 5th, 2013, 06:52 PM   #739
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIK! View Post
From her FB:
That pic is saying, "look at my tits" .

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenches! Gilles Simon | Alizé Cornet
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2013, 07:04 PM   #740
country flag VIK!

Old Dec 7th, 2013, 05:42 PM   #741
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Vika is number one for the year in return games won .

Old Dec 26th, 2013, 08:00 PM   #742
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Azarenka arrives for Hua Hin exhibition

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/spor...hin-exhibition
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Old Dec 27th, 2013, 09:18 AM   #743
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

Azarenka, Domracheva, Rutenko named best Belarusian athletes in 2013
http://news.belta.by/en/news/sport?id=735981

Quote:
MINSK, 20 December (BelTA) - World No.2 tennis player Victoria Azarenka, biathlete Darya Domracheva and captain of the Belarusian national handball team Sergei Rutenko, currently contracted to Spain’s Barcelona, have become the best Belarusian athletes, according to the poll carried out among journalists by the newspaper Sportivnaya Panorama, BelTA has learnt.

It was the 55th time the oldest Belarusian sports newspaper has carried out the poll to select the country’s top ten athletes. Taking part in the poll were 102 sports journalists. Each athlete earned 10 points for the first place, nine for the second and so on.
The list of top ten athletes of 2013 is as follows:

1. Victoria Azarenka (tennis),
2. Darya Domracheva (biathlon),
3. Sergei Rutenko (handball),
4. Melitina Staniouta (rhythmic gymnastics),
5. Mikhail Grabovsky (hockey),
6. Vasily Kiriyenko (cycling),
7. Vladimir Samsonov (table tennis),
8. Timofei Kalachyov (football),
9. Dina Sazanovets (weightlifting),
10. Max Mirnyi (tennis).
Exordes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2013, 09:40 AM   #744
country flag Natural Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exordes View Post
Azarenka, Domracheva, Rutenko named best Belarusian athletes in 2013
http://news.belta.by/en/news/sport?id=735981

The list of top ten athletes of 2013 is as follows:

1. Victoria Azarenka (tennis),
2. Darya Domracheva (biathlon),
3. Sergei Rutenko (handball),
4. Melitina Staniouta (rhythmic gymnastics),
5. Mikhail Grabovsky (hockey),
6. Vasily Kiriyenko (cycling),
7. Vladimir Samsonov (table tennis),
8. Timofei Kalachyov (football),
9. Dina Sazanovets (weightlifting),
10. Max Mirnyi (tennis).
Old Dec 27th, 2013, 01:23 PM   #745
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.sport24.co.za/Tennis/WTAT...-race-20131227
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic,Camila Giorgi,Zarina Diyas.
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters, Na Li.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2013, 08:00 PM   #746
country flag iGOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanLovesWTA View Post
"Race for fitness" isn't too encouraging considering she's had the whole off-season.

Also that article really shits on her year, it really wasn't that bad .

Old Dec 27th, 2013, 11:26 PM   #747
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
"Race for fitness" isn't too encouraging considering she's had the whole off-season.

Also that article really shits on her year, it really wasn't that bad .
Perhaps, but you could also see it as she had problem with different injuries last year, even when she didn't went public about it. And now she is hopefully healthy but trying to get back to top shape.

It was something a bit off about last year. Still she managed to get some really great results. It could be even better this year, but perhaps not in the start of the year as before.
garwe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 07:45 PM   #748
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.fijitimes.com/story.aspx?id=255490

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/tenn...and-exhibition
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic,Camila Giorgi,Zarina Diyas.
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters, Na Li.

Last edited by DanLovesWTA : Dec 28th, 2013 at 07:54 PM.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 07:15 PM   #749
country flag VIK!

Brisbane International 2013-2014
Pre-Tournament PC

Quote:
Q. How are you feeling at the start of the year physically and emotionally after a bit of rest?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I feel good. I mean, I feel well rested. I thought it was a great time off. I put in some work. I'm happy with what I've done. Now it's time to compete. It's time to be back playing tennis, you know, traveling from places to places.
But I'm really excited to start the new year.

Q. You have any time to sort of rejoice in 2013? You only lost only nine matches and won a Grand Slam title.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: No, it's happened last year. Technically we're still in this year. For me it's in the past. I never live by what happened in the past if it's good or not that good.
So the important is to have a lot of room for new memories, for new results, for new challenges. So that's what I'm looking forward.

Q. Any trepidation about coming back to Australia with the memories?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I mean, every year I look so much forward to coming here. It's one of my favorite places to play. I been here actually not too long ago. Not for tennis, but...
It's amazing to be back and start always in Australia. I love it since I was a junior.

Q. Obviously getting back to the world No. 1 would be a great achievement. A tournament like this where there are so many top players ahead of a Grand Slam, can you make a statement here? Can you get under people's skin or get in their head?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I think the importance of playing here is to get ready for the Grand Slam.
Of course you want to win everywhere you go. Having such a competitive field at the first tournament, it really takes to you see where you're at going into a big tournament.
So I'm really glad that we have such a great field here to play. It's the matter of how you want to prepare, but the more matches you play, the better. The tougher opponents, you can test yourself at the early stages.

Q. Serena sort of joked that she saw some stairs and got nervous. Are you having a pedicure this year?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I mean, I will definitely, but not at the same place. And very careful, you know. Just some things you can't control, but you definitely learn from them.
If you make this mistake once, it's shame on that. But if you do it twice, it's shame on you.

Q. We love the rivalry between you and Serena. She only lost four matches; two were to you. What about you? You played the last two Opens together. Do you enjoy the rivalry like we do, someone that really, really pushes you?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Oh, yeah. I think it's great, first of all, to be a part of that rivalry, because it really helps to you grow as a player, as a person.
You know, you learn things about yourself and what you need to improve, because when somebody is taking you to the limit, you really have a good look of what you have to do better to rise up.
I definitely enjoy that and love tough competition. To take that challenge for me every time is very exciting. That's what I wake up for and train hard for.

Q. Thailand was an exhibition, but was there something from that match which told you where you were at this stage?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: For me it was important just to play, you know. Even if it's an exhibition match, you still get a little bit competitive. It was important to feel that. You practice for two months and play points and some sets, but it's not the same.
Once you go in front of the crowd you get that feeling. It was great to have that feeling, to play in front of the crowd and play competitive.
But in terms of game‑wise, the things I worked on, I'm going to keep going through this whole year.

Q. Did you have a different type of off‑season? Because from what I've read, you had a back problem in Istanbul.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Yeah.

Q. Did you do anything different in how you went about your off‑season because of that?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Not only because of that, but because of a few things that happened last year I did have a different pre‑season. I changed my team a little bit. So that makes me feel a little bit more happy with what I've done.
In terms of Istanbul, the back problem, it wasn't major. Just really, you know, in the end of the season when you're not very well‑prepared, these things come up.
I felt like I wasn't really prepared back then. As I said, you learn from your mistakes, mistakes or experience, and you just try to get better. That's what's exciting for a new challenge, for a new year, to see what can you do better.

Q. What changes to your team? Not Sam.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: No. Sam stays with me. You know, he's my family. Yeah, a new trainer, new physio, and some other changes.

Q. And has that been a new approach in terms of fitness and preparation?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Yeah, of course you will always have it a little bit different with a different trainer. I'm really happy with my team right now. I have a lot of girls on my team, which is awesome.
We have great energy.

Q. Obviously last year Melbourne was a really emotional roller coaster for you. What did you learn about yourself last year? Do you think you've grown and it made you mentally stronger? Will you try to defend the title as well?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I never go back to defend my title. Like I did last year, I didn't think about defending it. Right now I honestly don't think about Melbourne. It's too soon for me.
The whole experience was a roller coaster, but it was‑‑ I only have great memories about it. I remember that feeling, and it will always stay with me. But I try to not get these emotions come to me right now or while I play.
I will look back at it once I'm done with tennis and try to feel that moment again.
Right now, as I said, I need some space for new memories.

Q. Having been able to win the final, does it make you feel like you can handle anything in your tennis career?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I think everybody can do anything. It's the matter how bad you want it. So thinking about what can I do, I feel that I can do anything.
It's just a matter of how well you prepare, how bad you want it. Sometimes it depends a little bit on your opponent, but mainly on you.

Q. You've played four Grand Slam finals now. Any difference in your game we can't see with the naked eye? Any tinkering you're doing in the off‑season?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well, you always want to improve. I always work on every part of the game. Movement is very important for me because I like to be aggressive, but I need to be able to defend well as well.
But, you know, just my game will never change dramatically. I think I'm pretty good at it. But there are things that, little details that you can add there and there.
So we'll see. I'm just excited to see what I can do in my first match.
Old Jan 1st, 2014, 04:26 PM   #750
country flag VIK!

Brisbane International 2014
Next opponent: