News and updates about Victoria Azarenka - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 18th, 2009, 07:27 AM   #61
country flag Spiritof42

Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: News and updates about Victoria Azarenka

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrounder View Post
at the haters predicting a Vaidisova-like slump, they can only dream Since when has changing coaches made a player basically forget how to play tennis? Being coachless shouldn't really make too much difference in the short term, it's just a case of whether a new coach can take her on another level or not with his/her new approach. Fed's even won slams without having a coach
In my opinion we simply do not have enough information at the moment to make a good educated guess as to how much this split is going to affect her. It's not a question of forgetting how to play tennis, obviously, but rather a matter of how much emotional "scarring" such an event might leave on the player. There have been a few cases where a particularly acrimonious split affected a player's career spectacularly (Grönefeld comes to mind). I'm not saying anything like that is going to happen to Vika, of course, but they HAVE been together for a long time and I think it's too early to guess what the fallout (if any) will be. It depends on many factors, like how close the two persons were off the court, whether the decision was consensual or not, whether it was premeditated or sudden, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyna View Post
I still think it's a pitty because Antonio is by far the hottest coach around
I'm sure Christina (and probably others) would agree.
He might have been the "hottest" coach, but was he the best? I wasn't terribly impressed by his on-court advice during some of Vika's recent matches, to be honest.
Advertisement

Old Dec 18th, 2009, 07:36 AM   #62
country flag Spiritof42

Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieter. View Post
Yeah I hope so in the mean time, someone of us should spy on Vika's twitter 24/7 for clues
While it's obvious she's deliberately avoiding addressing the issue for now (I mean, she's posted about 173,238,827 messages in the last 48 hours and not one mentions van Grichen), I think this particular tidbit does provide a glimpse into her current state of mind:

Quote:
hey guys! thanks so much for all of ur messages! its puts me in much better mood when i read them!!
12:19 PM Dec 16th from web
Old Dec 18th, 2009, 12:54 PM   #63
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritof42 View Post
While it's obvious she's deliberately avoiding addressing the issue for now (I mean, she's posted about 173,238,827 messages in the last 48 hours and not one mentions van Grichen), I think this particular tidbit does provide a glimpse into her current state of mind:
Yeah I know, Ignoretoria is on Twitter recently
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2009, 01:38 PM   #64
country flag allrounder

allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritof42 View Post
In my opinion we simply do not have enough information at the moment to make a good educated guess as to how much this split is going to affect her. It's not a question of forgetting how to play tennis, obviously, but rather a matter of how much emotional "scarring" such an event might leave on the player. There have been a few cases where a particularly acrimonious split affected a player's career spectacularly (Grönefeld comes to mind). I'm not saying anything like that is going to happen to Vika, of course, but they HAVE been together for a long time and I think it's too early to guess what the fallout (if any) will be. It depends on many factors, like how close the two persons were off the court, whether the decision was consensual or not, whether it was premeditated or sudden, etc.
I thought i was pessimistic, but i highly doubt Vika will ever fall to that sort of depth some of her haters are hoping predicting because Vaidisova's slump was the mother of all slumps and a bit of a freak case. ALG was already beginning to slump for a few months even before she decided to split with her coach, so you can't put her form down to just the split itself. There are many more cases where changing coaches haven't resulted in a slump of epic proportions than have. Emotional scarring? that's putting it a bit extreme - she's just stopped working with Antonio, he hasn't died As i said in the chat thread a couple of days ago, i got the impression Vika wasn't enjoying working with Antonio anymore towards the end of the season from her body language after the way she used to give him no eye contact and lean away from him when he came on court to talk to her. I wasn't impressed with his advice either, particularly when he told her just to just roll her first serve in when serving for the match at a time when she was losing most of the long rallies and she went on to lose the match on quite a few occasions Vika's a professional though and needs to move on now. Her results may or may not be great to begin with as she gets used to the new idea's, but when she step's on court the old partnership with Antonio should be the last thing on her mind.

~The Official Anger Management Counsellor of Vikaland~
allrounder is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2009, 07:11 PM   #65
country flag Lorinda.

Lorinda. is a splendid one to behold Lorinda. is a splendid one to behold Lorinda. is a splendid one to behold Lorinda. is a splendid one to behold Lorinda. is a splendid one to behold Lorinda. is a splendid one to behold Lorinda. is a splendid one to behold Lorinda. is a splendid one to behold Lorinda. is a splendid one to behold Lorinda. is a splendid one to behold Lorinda. is a splendid one to behold

The news now is Antonio might go and coach Bepa.

Vika. Justine. Kimmy. Alize. Daniela. Tati. Sabine.
Lorinda. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2009, 07:30 PM   #66
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Antonio betrayed Vika
Old Dec 18th, 2009, 07:31 PM   #67
country flag VIKA?

VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute

Antonio
Old Dec 18th, 2009, 07:34 PM   #68
country flag saul1333
język

saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice we still talk about Antonio.

I guess he likes the pain
saul1333 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2009, 07:36 PM   #69
Break My Rapture
Heaux

he can't live without it
Old Dec 18th, 2009, 07:39 PM   #70
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

Bepa? well, that's interesting...

Btw, do we know were Vika prepares right now? (which to me is more important than some rumors about Antonio's new work )
Old Dec 18th, 2009, 07:43 PM   #71
country flag saul1333
język

saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't she train in florida? On her twitter she said it's raining, and it is raining there right now
saul1333 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2009, 08:08 PM   #72
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Maybe you're right Sam
Old Dec 18th, 2009, 08:14 PM   #73
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Antonio
I thought she trains in Scottsdale, Arizona

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2009, 06:24 AM   #74
country flag Spiritof42

If she's on the East Coast, she's staying up pretty late. Naughty girl.
(her last message on Twitter was posted less than an hour ago, and it's now past 2 AM in Florida)

I would expect her to be in Scottsdale (where it's two hours earlier), but the rainy weather she mentions doesn't match the forecasts I've seen on the Web. Maybe she's on the West Coast.
Old Dec 19th, 2009, 12:51 PM   #75
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future

A couple of weeks ago Antonio said they were training at Saddlebrook, Florida. I guess she's still there..