News and updates about Victoria Azarenka - Page 46 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 28th, 2013, 11:17 AM   #676
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: News and updates about Victoria Azarenka

I noticed that there is a minor error in that article:
Quote:
“Obviously, the U.S. Open is an important tournament for me,” said Azarenka, who turns 25 on July 31.
Actually Vika (born 31 July 1989) will be only 24 years old on next Wednesday, not a Quarter Century Birthday yet.
Exordes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 28th, 2013, 02:49 PM   #677
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

Yeah saw that too, the mistake on age
joshum is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 12:16 PM   #678
country flag Helaena

Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exordes View Post
I noticed that there is a minor error in that article:
Actually Vika (born 31 July 1989) will be only 24 years old on next Wednesday, not a Quarter Century Birthday yet.
yeah, saw that too and was confused
Old Jul 30th, 2013, 03:03 AM   #679
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Azarenka continues to raise bar for herself

After a rough past couple of months that included a tight loss to Maria Sharapova at the French Open and an injury-enforced withdrawal from Wimbledon, world number three Victoria Azarenka enters the Southern California Open as hungry as ever.

Australian Open champion Azarenka has not played since she was forced out of Wimbledon prior to her second round match against Flavia Pennetta after falling in the first round where she injured her knee and hip.

"With that kind of fall, I'm pretty fortunate to be playing," she told Reuters while adding she had been unable to hit a ball for almost three weeks after the injury. "(But) I'm here and ready to play a tournament."

Azarenka started the year in hot form, retaining her Australian Open singles crown before she won the Doha title.

An injury at Indian Wells meant she was unable to defend her title and also forced her withdrawal from Miami and while she had a decent clay court season, she could not push past Sharapova in the semi-finals at Roland Garros.

"I would be happy if I would have won, but I wasn't so disappointed because I improved from the year before," she said.

"But results are the outcome of your work and I am more focused on my work than results."

Despite that philosophy, she is adamant she still wants to win and be challenging for grand slam titles and for the top ranking in the world.

"I'm a winner at heart and I want to the best, so I don't think I would be happy," said the Belarusian, who has won 16 career titles.

"If I think my best is 12th, 15th or 100 probably I would be happy, but I don't think it's my best to be at that level."

The 24-year-old's best was set at an early ages when she was the top junior in the world, and where she said she felt the most pressure to perform that taught her lessons on how to build her career.

"In the early stages of your career that's what you call pressure, when the bar is high and you are trying to grab it, but sometimes you can't and you need to build the stairs to be able to grab it," she said.

"I think it makes you stronger, it keep you on your toes because if it's easy, it's not fun," she said.

The top seed at the Southern California Open, Azarenka served for the match at 5-4 in the third set against Serena Williams in the final of the 2012 U.S. Open, but the American played the big points better and was able to win the match.

Azarenka said the defeat stung, but it had taught her so much as her focus now turned towards the final grand slam of the year next month in New York.

"I think that particular loss made me stronger and I learned a lot," she said.

"It showed me where I needed to get better. I wasn't 100 percent satisfied with that outcome, but the outcome wasn't that important because I knew I gave my best.

"My goal is to win the U.S. Open and that will make me happy. Until I reach that - my eyes are only on that goal."
Source: http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/0...0FZ4H320130730
ozza is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2013, 03:07 AM   #680
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Vika's age is wrong again in this article.
ozza is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2013, 03:35 AM   #681
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

it shows how much she wants USO, it's good to see her early determination. and she has self belief.
Old Aug 12th, 2013, 06:15 PM   #682
country flag VIK!

VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of

Cincinnati 2013
Next(first) opponent in R2:

VIK! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2013, 11:24 PM   #683
country flag VIK!

VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of

Cincinnati 2013
R2 WIN against Vania King (USA;#140) 6:1 7:6(8:6)

Old Aug 14th, 2013, 01:41 PM   #684
country flag joshum

Vika on stamp!!!!!

http://rainbowstampclub.blogspot.hk/...on-sports.html

Today, on August 14, 2013 the Ministry of Communications and Informatization of the Republic of Belarus issued 2 stamps: “Tennis. Victoria Azarenka” and “Tennis. Maxim Mirnyi” from the series “Leaders of Belarus tennis”.
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 10:03 PM   #685
country flag VIK!

Cincinnati 2013
Next opponent in R3

Old Aug 14th, 2013, 10:38 PM   #686
country flag VIK!

Cincinnati 2013
PC after R2 WIN against Vania King (USA;#140) 6:1 7:6(8:6)
Quote:
Q. Vika, throughout your career, including juniors, who's the one player that you enjoy playing against the most and why?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Oh, that's a tough one. I think there are so many players that I've played already, but one of my toughest competitions has always been Serena.
I feel like our matches make me grow, so I would take that.

Q. Growth in terms of...
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Growth in terms of being a tennis player, pushing my limits, and assessing what you have to do to be at the top of the game.
So I think you always take a lot more learning from losses, and I lost quite a few to her.
But, yeah, I think she always makes me grow.

Q. Your match today, 6‑1 first set, and then she really came on in the second set there. What was the difference between the two sets, and how were you ultimately able to solve her, prevail, whatever?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I think the second set, the beginning of the second set wasn't very good for me. There were quite a few unforced errors and just really fast mistakes which didn't happen in the first set.
So it went kind of quick, but I was glad that that could turn around and come back strong.
Then there was competitiveness. She was already in the game playing at a much higher level and really going for her shots. So I had to stay with her and take my opportunities, and I did.
There was just a little bit few inconsistencies, but first matches can be tricky.
I just want to think what I need to improve for my next match. That's what's important for me.

Q. Vika, you have had some injuries since June. How did you feel out there today? What was it like kind of dealing with those different problems from Wimbledon on?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: My injuries from Wimbledon are gone, so I felt good. That's really a wrap‑up for that.

Q. Victoria, I know at the end of that tiebreaker she had set point. Were you still confident that you could still stay in that set? You showed a lot of confidence out there today.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Yeah, I always believe that until it's done, you always have a chance. So it doesn't matter what the score is as long as you're trying to do your best, trying to win that point. That's what's important.
If result is different in the end, you know you've gave your best. So I always try to stay in the moment and fight for every ball no matter what it is.
She had a chance. I had a few chances before that. So this is a competitive battle that you just have to fight, and that's what I was doing there.

Q. A lot of the guys have said that these are some of the quickest hard courts out there. How do you like the speed of these courts with respect to your game?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I think I can agree with that. It's not only fast, it's just the bounces are high, and I think the weather has a little bit of an impact on the balls.
So I would say it's tricky, probably the trickiest hard court. I wouldn't call them the fastest, but it's the same for everybody. It just depends on your adaptation and what you're going to do.
You can be stubborn and just play the same way you play in the other tournaments, or you can just try to adjust and take into consideration what kind of courts there are, the balls there are, the weather, whatever.
Just the matter of staying there and trying your best.

Q. Do you feel it suits your game pretty well here, these conditions and courts?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well, I don't ever really look for that. If it suits, doesn't suit, I'm just trying to win matches. If it doesn't suit me, I'll still try to make it and I'll still try to win matches.

Q. During your generation, there really have not been, I believe, any more classic serve and volleyers. Do you have any theories on why that is, why that tactic, that style, has kind of disappeared both from men's and women's tennis?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well, I think you need to take into consideration the evolution of the game, how fast the courts become, how fast the technology. It's simple. The racquets, the balls, the way that people move, how many more‑‑ even when I just came on the tour I don't believe that the speed was the same, the game was the same.
Everybody wasn't working out as much, I would think. Nobody was‑‑ not nobody, but I think there was less impact on the physical aspect before as there is now, plus technology moving forward.
You don't have sometimes time to get to the net. It comes too quick.

Q. Were there any coaches ever who tried to get you to be more of a serve and volleyer or that kind of just didn't exist anymore?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I don't think so. As a kid, that's not something that you really try to do. I think you just kind of learn the basic game, the forehand, the backhand. That's the first thing you learn.
The first thing when you're a kid you don't learn to volley. So that could also change.
And knowing where I'm from, we didn't have many serve and volleyers. So you can take that into consideration too.

Q. Victoria, kind of an offbeat question, but you're going to be featured on a postage stamp here. Can you just talk about that. Did you have any input on that? Does that mean anything? Do you even know about it?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: No, but that's fun. That's really fun.

Q. You and Max are going to have your own stamps in Belarus.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Oh, in Belarus. I thought you were saying here. Oh, yeah, I knew that.

Q. Could you talk about that a little bit. Did you have any input into that? Was that special to you?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well they told my mom that and she asked if I wanted to do that. And I said, Sure, why not. They said, What picture do you want? I said, I don't know. Just choose one that I look good because, obviously, when you play, the faces you make, it's tough.
So they chose the one that I'm just before serving, so that's good.

Q. Victoria, I know you always have been very athletic and you put a lot in your fitness in the past years. Lately, you have been getting to finals and it is more demanding on your body. This is a very important tournament so close to the US Open. Do you have to stop yourself not to overdo it sometimes?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I think it's experience. What you learn is to find that balance, because you still want to work through and get some work done.
But it's always important to have a good rest, because sometimes to rest is more important than actually training in these stages.
So to find that balance is very important. I have a great team of people who also help me with that. So I trust them, and I think I believe in what we do. That's the most important.
Thank you.
Old Aug 15th, 2013, 11:49 PM   #687
country flag VIK!

Cincinnati 2013
Next opponnent for QF

Old Aug 16th, 2013, 10:05 PM   #688
country flag VIK!

Cincinnatti 2013
PC after R3 WIN against Magdalena Rybyrikova (SVK;#33) 6:3 6:4
Quote:
Q. Victoria, that was a solid first match. Dug out of some early trouble and seemed to find your rhythm. How are you feeling after Canada now? You feel back to full strength roughly?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Yeah, I think it was a pretty good match. Today there was sometimes a little bit of trouble serving, but overall I felt better than I did in my first match. I was much more controlling the game. It was really up to me today, I felt.
And I was doing everything I wanted to do. I feel still there can be a lot more improvement with the execution and a little bit more consistency, but it's coming along.
What's important is that it was better than the other match. That's how I like to build up. From Canada, I feel good. Physically, I feel good. You know, ready to go. My movement, everything is there.
So it's just a matter of keep playing matches, keep getting those, you know, competition in, and that's it.

Q. How surprising is it to have this cool weather? I mean, everybody usually comes to Cincinnati thinking they're going to get heat preparation for the Open, and it's been a bit cool the last couple of days.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Today was cooler. My first match was really hot. Yeah, but I take whatever it is. I never had a problem with the heat.
It's just the humidity here. You always need to have your towel around, and it makes it a little bit complicated. I got my first warning for time last time, and I never get those. So it was a little bit different for me.
But that's pretty much it. Just the humidity.

Q. Vika, sorry if someone already asked this, but there were 13 service breaks in your match, including in the last seven games. Could you just talk about that and maybe the frustration of having that happen.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well, I returned pretty good, and I think she did too. There were a couple of points at the beginning of my service games that were sometimes uncertain; sometimes I made a little bit too easy of a mistake.
Like last game, I should have taken special‑‑ that last point was just ridiculous.
But overall, you know, I felt like my game on my serves should have been better, but it was up to me really. It was my mistake that I didn't fully commit sometimes, didn't take my chances.
But it's a process, I think. You can always get better with something. But my return was on fire, so...

Q. Victoria, where were you when you found out about the big announcement from Marion Bartoli?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I actually saw that on Twitter, and I was like, Yeah, that's some crap. But, yeah, I think everybody's a little bit surprised about that.

Q. What do you make of her decision to walk away about a month after winning Wimbledon?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I think, you know, whatever makes her happy, whatever, you know, she feels accomplished. Everybody have to respect that because it's Marion's life, her career.
I think it's very brave to do that. I think she was chasing her dream for such a long time. When she got it, it felt good. So whatever makes her happy.
She's a great competitor. Always been great on the tour. I wish her all the best in whatever she's going to do next.
But there's no doubt it's been surprising for everybody.

Q. What are you going to remember most about her? I mean, you had a bunch of tough matches against her over the course of your career. She's the one who ended your streak last year in Miami. But you also had a lot of wins over her obviously too. What will you remember most about her when you're retired, when you look back at her career?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well, I think she's a very different player from everybody else. I have to give her a lot of credit for making so much of her career. And it's been a pleasure to play against her. She's a very challenging opponent.
We're all going to remember her as a Wimbledon champion, so I think that's good memories to have.

Q. Vika, you're at the top of your game and you're very young, but can you think to when you retire? Is it something you're just going to realize one day or you're going to plan? Do you think about it?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: No, I'm not going to plan that. I want to accomplish my goals. I don't want to think about my retirement pretty much at all right now.
If I retire, it's because I want to do that. It's not because something will stop me or something will not allow me to play more. So that's my only goal.

Q. You could play Petra next. You haven't played in quite a long time. You guys had a really good match in Istanbul a few years ago and a bunch of good matches before that. What do you think about possibly playing her for the first time in a long time and challenges that matchup presents you?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well, I think it's a great opportunity to kind of play against each other to see the difference what we had two years ago. Did she win already?

Q. She hasn't played yet.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Okay, so either player I haven't played in a while. So it's going to be interesting to play either one of them just to see where we're at. Just from here it gets tougher. Whoever I play, I'm just going to try to do my best.

Q. Vika, seeing you at that SAP presentation the other day, it seemed to me you were really growing into this spokesperson.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Thank you.

Q. Is it something you feel like, and is it something you try to do?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I think it's just the matter of opportunities. Once you play more on the tour, you get further in your career, that's something that is happening to me. So I just accept it, you know, to like this part.
And I think especially be appreciated from people coming into this sport and dedicating their time and money to invest in that, it's just incredible. So for me to be a part of that or kind of to be on the side to be thankful for that and cooperate, it's just a great opportunity.
So I just take it as something I always want to do and participate, and I think we can have a great future to moving with our sport further, and it's going to be exciting for everybody.
You know, like especially with a deal like SAP.
Thank you
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 08:20 AM   #689
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

Nice article on Vika.

http://www.sportskeeda.com/2013/07/3...oversial-no-1/

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 02:01 PM   #690
country flag VIK!

Cincinnatti 2013
Next opponent for SF