News and updates about Victoria Azarenka - Page 34 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 31st, 2012, 08:25 PM   #496
country flag saul1333
język

saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: News and updates about Victoria Azarenka

Great entries

Thanks Mike
saul1333 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 1st, 2012, 03:30 AM   #497
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul1333 View Post
Great entries

Thanks Mike
+1.

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 10:03 PM   #498
country flag VIK!

VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of

Victoria Azarenka Press Conference
Fri 01.06.'12 French Open 3rd round win over canadian
Aleksandra Wozniak (#58)

Q. What was a good point for you tonight?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well, I think I played pretty well. You know, I was going for my shots, I was serving good, and mix up sometimes.
Overall it was much better today. I donít know. I think I had more opportunities. But she played really well in those tough moments.
I think I could have stepped it up a little bit more. You know, my game is better and better with every match, so thatís what Iím happy about.

Q. How did you feel physically?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Physically I feel pretty good. It was a long way today, and Iím really glad I managed to finish today
because it was already pretty dark in last two games. So it was important to finish so tomorrow I can rest and prepare for my next match.

Q. How close do you think you came to not playing today?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well, I donít know, because ‑‑ well, I obviously saw that my court is going to be the longest one, thatís for sure.
Then I thought Roger was going to be, you know, a little bit quicker playing. But, you know, they played a longer match so they wanted to move us to Court 2; then didnít decide; then wanted to move to Chatrier.So it was a little bit of a hustle, and you donít know when I to prepare. Iím waiting for my Suzanne Lenglen which is on the third match, and then there is another match, so maybe be ready in half an hour.So it was difficult. I managed to play, so thatís important.

Q. You played her I think quite a few times a long time ago. What did it feel like to play her after five or six years?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well, I mean, she plays really well. You know, sometimes she can just go for her shots and she has a really good timing
which you can feel in her ball striking. Itís pretty loose. Of course I was a different player than five, six years ago and I was more stable in the tough moments,
when I knew before she could make me be more in trouble.

Q. I guess it was a long day here. Can you describe how you feel and what about the match?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Yeah, it was a long day. You know, before that I played at 11:00, and today I almost played at 11:00 at night.
Itís quite a change of schedule for me. But you have to adapt to it. I was not actually sure if I was gonna play tonight.
Also, they moved our court. Iím really glad that I managed to play and win today. Thatís even better.

Q. What about your game? Do you think it was as good as you wanted?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well, itís never as good as I want really. Can always be better. Definitely better than my first match, and I played better
than in my second match. I had tougher opponent. So thatís important, you know, to kind of improve and raise little by little your level.
So Iím through to the fourth round, and up from there I want to still keep doing the same thing.

Q. When you saw yesterday that you were on Lenglen and No. 5 to playÖ
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Yesterday I just saw I was No. 4, and very, very late I was surprised I was going to be No. 5. But as I said, I played always at 11:00.
It was a little bit different, but I was actually really excited. Because on that court, you know, the late matches, the atmosphere can get really amazing sometimes.
So I was kind of looking forward to it.

Q. Can you play as well on clay as you played on hardcourts, like you played in Australia? Do you think this surface will Always stop you from playing quite as well as you would on hardcourts?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: No, you know, I like to play on clay. Definitely a little bit different, but the game on clay becomes more and more similar as on hardcourt.
So I definitely improved my movement, which is a big key to have on clay court. So, you know, Iím ready to do whatever I can here.
VIK! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 06:02 AM   #499
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

Q. What was a good point for you tonight?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well, I think I played pretty well. You know, I was going for my shots, I was serving good, and mix up sometimes.
Overall it was much better today. I don’t know. I think I had more opportunities. But she played really well in those tough moments. I think I could have stepped it up a little bit more. You know, my game is better and better with every match, so that’s what I’m happy about.

- This

Wow great interview Viktoria. Right on point They dint ask her about her next match I am liking her attitude in this tournie. Lets she wat she can come up with against Domi.

Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:37 PM   #500
country flag VIK!

VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of

Victoria Azarenka Press Conference
Sun 03.06.'12 French Open 4rd round loss over slovenian Dominica Cibulkova
(#16)

Q. What went wrong today for you?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Pretty much everything, really. I donít know how to describe my performance really today. It wasnít satisfying at all. It wasnít satisfying being out there playing that way.
But I guess it happens, you know. I donít know even what to find positive really in my performance today. But, well, itís been too little time. Maybe in a few hours Iíll find something that I can be happy with.

Q. You felt good this morning when you wake up?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Yeah. No excuses. Itís just bad performance.

Q. Were you at all affected by the weather conditions? Because you seemed to have tried to find good angles throughout the match. Very often it would land just on the wrong side of the line.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: No, I wasnít bothered by that. It wasnít helping, thatís for sure, but for both is the same conditions. Conditions were not a problem.

Q. What will you do in terms of recovering from such a loss?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Iím gonna kill myself. What am I going to do recovering? Iím just gonna go on the practice court and practice again.
This tournament is over for me. Whatís to recover from? Itís to really look forward and improve. Thatís it.

Q. Is she a player whose style you find tricky? Because you have had these two long matches before this against her.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: No, sheís definitely a good player. I think she plays much better against the top players than maybe a little bit lower ranked players. She really has that desire. I donít know what motivates her to play that way.
Yeah, sheís a dangerous opponent. She had big wins before, and it was no surprise that she was going to be playing well today.

Q. Obviously in other matches, you know, she had you down, you came back and won, similar situation here. So did you start to feel like, okay, maybe Iím going to get in this match; I have been in this position before; sheís going to get tight and maybe I can get my way out of it?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well, yeah, I was trying, but, you know, before I was at least making something happening myself. Today I couldnít do it.
I donít know. It was just not going for me. I tried everything. It was just not going.
You know, the ‑‑ all I could hope is just for her mistake. I couldnít make anything myself today.

Q. You did seem to be playing better at the beginning of the second set. Why do you think you werenít able to keep that going?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Honestly, I donít know. If I would have an answer, I would probably be keep doing it. But right now Iím just really, really unhappy with the way I played. And Iím gonna look for what I do wrong, you know, so make sure it doesnít happen again.

Q. You had such a great start to the beginning of the year. Is this a bit of an adjustment now to lose a few matches at tournaments?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I donít know. I mean, the beginning of the year couldnít have been possibly better for me. It happened, you know. Today I lost a match. Iím not trying to look back, you know, what happened in January right now, what happened in February.
I need to learn from what I did today because there is still a lot more tournaments to play, and I have to be ready.

Q. But is the feeling a little bit different that you have now from the beginning of the year?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well, I didnít lose in beginning of the year, so yeah. There is a different feeling.

Q. You say that you donít play as good as you did at the beginning of the season. Is it the surface maybe or pressure? Are you tired? Do you have any explanation?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Sorry, are you saying Iím not playing as good as I did?

Q. No, itís a question.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Oh, itís a question if Iím not playing. Well, definitely I didnít play today as well as I played at the beginning of the year, but is different circumstances. Is different surface. Everything is different.
So you cannot look into, you know, how I felt. Yeah, I felt better before, but, you know, I still can have the same feeling, I just need to, you know, put myself together, definitely rest a little bit. There has been a lot, a lot of tennis for me in the last couple like five months. I need to rest a little bit, as well.

Q. Do you think that your No. 1 status had something to do with your defeat?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: What does it have to say?

Q. I donít know. Because we think in the past many No. 1s have failed in Grand Slam events. Thatís why Iím asking.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Oh, well, I donít know, really. I donít have an answer to your question.

Q. I know itís still pretty raw, but are you going to go back and rest at home a little bit, or are you going to get on the grass as soon as you possibly can?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well, for sure Iím going to go back home. I havenít been home in a while, and itís something that I for sure need just to get rested mentally, definitely, and, you know, just to get out of the tennis field a little bit.
And once I have my passion and desire back on the court, Iíll be on the grass.

Q. Is that Minsk home or Monte‑Carlo home, and where are you playing on the grass?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Minsk home. Iím not going to be playing anywhere before Wimbledon.

Q. Will you continue to work with Amťlie? Was she a clay court addition, or is she going to keep working with you through the grass court season?

----------------------
^
Sorry, i don't know if the author just forget to type the last answer, or Vika didn't answer it..
the video doesn't help.. ->http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/mu...80000045b.html
It's just a little strange that the question remains unanswered..
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 04:17 AM   #501
country flag LUVMIRZA

wowww she is totally dejected. It was her serve that let her down Domi will get a beat down soon in the future from Vika

Old Jun 24th, 2012, 11:31 AM   #502
country flag Maruuusya

Maruuusya is a splendid one to behold Maruuusya is a splendid one to behold Maruuusya is a splendid one to behold Maruuusya is a splendid one to behold Maruuusya is a splendid one to behold Maruuusya is a splendid one to behold Maruuusya is a splendid one to behold Maruuusya is a splendid one to behold Maruuusya is a splendid one to behold Maruuusya is a splendid one to behold Maruuusya is a splendid one to behold

Update from Vikaís website:
http://www.vikaazarenkatennis.com/vi...#comment-21679

Wimbledon 2012!

Hey Guys!

I hope everyone out there is getting excited for Wimby! I arrived in London earlier this week to practice and get into the Wimbledon spirit! Iím getting myself ready for the upcoming few weeks and Iím so lucky to be able to be staying in the same beautiful home that I stayed in last year. Really enjoying hitting on the grass and being at the AELTC. Itís just so special. Like most of the other players on the tour, Iíve always loved how Wimbledon it is so traditional and the museum is so amazing.

Thursday I got to go to the Wimbledon Playerís Party (make sure to check out some pics from the night here) which was a great timeÖ itís always fun to go to tournament pre parties and see everyone in a social setting away from the courts! Other than that, I have a couple of activities set up over the next week including an interview with Sky Sports for an upcoming feature theyíre doing on me! I think itís going to air on Monday or Tuesday and I am so excited to see it!!

Looks like Iíll be playing my first round on Tuesday of this week so be sure to check it out and cheer me on! Always feels great to have a lot of support out there.

Stay tuned for a couple of videos that I will be posting to the site soon to see what Iíve been up to.

Until next time!
xx Vika
Maruuusya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2012, 11:34 AM   #503
country flag Maruuusya

Maruuusya is a splendid one to behold Maruuusya is a splendid one to behold Maruuusya is a splendid one to behold Maruuusya is a splendid one to behold Maruuusya is a splendid one to behold Maruuusya is a splendid one to behold Maruuusya is a splendid one to behold Maruuusya is a splendid one to behold Maruuusya is a splendid one to behold Maruuusya is a splendid one to behold Maruuusya is a splendid one to behold

and new design her website
Maruuusya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2012, 01:08 PM   #504
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

So according to her schedule on the new website, she's only playing Olympics and Montrťal before USO. No Cincy. Sounds good.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2012, 09:36 PM   #505
country flag VIK!

Wimbledon 2012

1R: Win over american Irina Falconi(#78)
2R: Win over swiss Romina Oprandi(#87)
3R: against slovenian Jana Cepelova(#178)

To be continued...
Old Jun 29th, 2012, 10:36 PM   #506
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future

From the daily fail. They'll be mocking her grunt and physique tomorrow but for now
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ten...=feeds-newsxml

Quote:
Belarus tennis star Victoria Azarenka tells Sportsmail's Alex Kay exactly what makes her tick, from pop princess Rihanna to being afraid of the dark.

Who is your Sporting hero?
It has to be Sergey Bubka, the 1988 Olympic champion pole vaulter. I know him quite well - he is my boyfriend's father.

What would you be if you weren't a tennis player?
Acting would be a fun job. You get to be creative and try different things. More realistically, I could have played basketball or table tennis because I played a lot as a kid.

Which other sportsman would you like to be?
No-one!

Career highlight?
It's no contest - winning the Australian Open this year. . . .

And the Worst moment?
When I had knee surgery. Injuries are so bad because you can't control what's going on and you feel so down.

If your house was burning down, what one possession would you save?
Are my dogs safe? Oh good. In that case I'd grab a whole load of pictures of my family.

What's the best advice you've ever been given?
Don't be afraid to express yourself and be yourself. My mum Ala told me that.

Favourite karaoke song?
Man Down by Rihanna. I love the way I sing that. I'm not sure what other people think but I'm pretty sure I rock.

Three most-listened to songs on your iPod?
It changes almost every day because I listen to whatever is new. There is a lot of Rihanna, though.

Last film you saw?
Inception with Leonardo Di Caprio. I liked it - an interesting story.

Favourite pre-match meal?
Salmon or chicken with salad or vegetables.

Can you cook? Best dish?
I love to cook. I'm very creative. I just throw all different things in and it usually turns out pretty well. Maybe I'm a natural. I use a lot of fish.

Your favourite holiday destination?
I spend a lot of time living and training in Monaco but I love to go to New York and back home to Minsk.

In a film of your life, who would you like to play you?
A lot of people say I look like Blake Lively (right) from Gossip Girl, so that would work. I don't know about her personality but she's an actress so she can deal with it!

What's the most expensive thing you've ever bought?
My house in Belarus.

Tell us a secret . . .
I am so scared of the dark. I don't have to sleep with the lights on or anything like that, but I don't like it if I have to walk around in it.
Old Jun 30th, 2012, 05:14 PM   #507
country flag saul1333
język

saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank goodness she hasnt been rewatching Rock N Rolla

I asked her the burning down house question a while back and she said the pictures
saul1333 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2012, 10:36 PM   #508
country flag VIK!

Wimbledon 2012

1R: Win over american Irina Falconi(#78)
2R: Win over swiss Romina Oprandi(#87)
3R: Win over slovenian Jana Cepelova(#178)
4R: Win over serbian Ana Ivanovic(#14)
QF: against austrian Tamira Paszek(#37)

To be continued...

Last edited by VIK! : Jul 2nd, 2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 07:20 PM   #509
country flag VIK!

Victoria 'No-Mercy' Azarenka Press Conference
Manic Monday 02.07.2012 Wimbledon 4th round demolition over serbian Ana Ivanovic(#14)

Q. Can you tell us about the pigeon.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well, I have no idea actually. I just saw some feathers coming down. Actually, I donít know how it got there. The roof was closed.
It was kind of interesting, but there is nothing else to say.

Q. Quite a few feathers. Must have given it a bash.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Yeah, I really wasnít focused on that, sorry. It was not my concern there.

Q. How would you describe the way youíre playing right now.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well, today was obviously a great day. I had a good match. I stayed really focused and tough throughout the whole match, even though we had to go off court. It was different conditions.
But I adapted really well. I stayed in the zone the whole time.

Q. Can you give a little bit of a review of your next match, somebody youíve played a couple times. What are your thoughts on the challenges she presents?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: For sure sheís a very dangerous opponent. Sheís still undefeated on grass. Sheís definitely been showing some amazing results. We played here last year.
I mean, she knows how I play, I know how she plays. Thereís not going to be many surprises. Itís obvious itís going to be a tough match.
Quarterfinals are never easy of a Grand Slam. So I just would like to stay as composed as I was today and keep my focus.

Q. What about your respective styles? How would you describe the similarities and differences?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well, I think sheís a very good baseliner. She has very clean shots. Itís deep, penetrating as it is, and sheís a great mover.

Q. When we get late in a Grand Slam, the pressure increases. What is your personal approach to pressure?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: My personal approach is to say no matter if itís a first round, second round, quarterfinals, of course you feel more awareness of whatís going on on the court while you go a little bit further in the tournament, the attention and everything becomes a little bit bigger.
I always take it one at a time and try to stay focused on myself, how to prepare well for my matches, what to do, the same thing that makes me feel good before going on court.

Q. Why are there so many upsets in the womenís draw this year?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Itís not really a question for me. I can only speak for myself.

Q. Is there a difference this year in the courts, the balls, the weather?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: You can always find some excuses. You can also find some differences or whatever.
I donít know. I cannot speak for other girls. Iím trying to stay focused on my game.

Q. You find it very good, dropping only 13 games.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Not counting, sorry. Really not counting. Just taking it one at a time.

Q. Is it fair to say that was the best you played in a few months today?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I donít know. Itís different. But definitely I played a very good match today. You cannot compare tournaments on clay to the grass tournaments or matches previous. Different opponent, different style of game.
Itís about adaptation. Today I adapted really well to make sure I was the one controlling the game.

Q. Your feel and rhythm, do you feel like youíre playing at a top level again?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well, I just feel good playing out there. I donít look for perfection every day. I just try to do my best when I go on the court. Every day you feel the ball different. You cannot feel the ball the same every day.
Even on different courts, you know, youíre going to feel different. Today we started the match with open roof and we finished with closed roof. There is a difference right there.

Q. What are your thoughts about the quarters?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: As I said, itís definitely going to be a difficult match. Sheís been showing some amazing results, especially the match she came back when she was down the match points. It really shows a lot of toughness in her.
Iím really looking forward to it. We played here last year. Iím sure this year is going to be a different story, but Iím up for a challenge.

Q. How important is it to keep your head down and focus on what youíre doing? You can get caught up with the big streak, all the attention on you, you slip a little bit. Seems like itís got to be important to focus on your own self?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Yeah, thatís exactly what it is. You cannot stop people from talking or say whatever they want to say. Usually youíre the one who knows how you feel. Itís important to stick to your routine. It might not work every time, but itís important to have the consistency.

Q. Of the surfaces, where would you rank grass in terms of how much you like it?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I donít really rank what I like most. I always say itís about how well you prepare. You can like the grass, but if you donít prepare well, it doesnít matter how much you like it really.
Itís just important to have that motivation and desire to go on court. If I have that, I donít really care where I play.

Q. Do you get on it and feel like itís fun and different or that you really have to make more adjustments than you would on others?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: No. I mean, Wimbledon is very special tournament. Itís always going to be with that huge part of the history. As I said, itís the most beautiful center court there is. You always feel special to walk out there.
For me itís nice. Obviously this year itís going to be a longer grass court season with the Olympics there. Itís kind of new for everybody.

Q. What is the best part of pressure and whatís the worst part of pressure?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Best part and the worst part? I donít think about pressure like that. I think when youíre on the top, everybody kind of wants to beat you. You always have that kind of baggage to carry with you. But thatís the position where you want to be, you work hard to be. Thereís really no bad or good, itís just the situation and you deal with it.

Q. The WTA made their announcement on limiting sounds in the future. Do you think that is something fair, that they can possibly implement?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: They did what?

Q. Limiting sounds in the future on court, grunting.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I havenít heard anything about it.

Q. Hand‑held devices on court which would monitor the sounds.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well, you know, as I said earlier before, when they do it finally, when itís going to be in place and the rule there is going to be, then we can talk about it. Before that, there is really no point to talk about it.

Q. Itís an announcement they made.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well, weíll see what happens when itís done.

Q. When you came off today because of rain, off for 40 minutes, television showed you doing some working out. What else did you do in that 40 minutes?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: You know, it actually seemed much quicker than 40 minutes. I changed. I ate just a little bit of fruit. Thatís pretty much it. You start to get ready, warm up a little bit again. We had to wait a little bit longer in the corridors. But thatís pretty much it. You just warm up and try to stay focused.

Q. I donít know how much you watched Kim growing up. This was her last match. Any thoughts on her, her career?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well, I think she had a terrific career. What she has done, I donít think there is anybody else that could possibly doing the same thing, having a baby, come back and win Grand Slams more than she did before.
Itís sad, but weíll still see her at the Olympics and compete against her.
Sheís a great personality. I think sheís terrific for our sport.

Q. As the match was winding down, the feathers came down, what went through your mind? What sort of unusual distractions have you had?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Unusual distractions? I canít really think of some. Sometimes it can be annoying when somebody is chewing chips right when youíre serving. Doesnít really matter. You just have to stay focused on your game. Whatever is going on around is going on around. Itís out of your hand. But the feathers, it was fun.

Q. You have a chance to get No. 1 back at this tournament. Looking back at the months you were No. 1, was it an enjoyable experience or a little bit difficult at times?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: It was both. Always enjoy. Didnít really think about it. Iíve been already No. 1. I kind of reached that goal already. Of course, itís nice to be back.
But weíll talk about it after the tournament.

Q. The difficulty was having the other players targeting you more because you were at the top?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Yeah, I guess. But they still target pretty good right now. Itís not really a big difference (smiling).

Q. Can you imagine yourself holding the trophy on Saturday?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Not thinking about it. Itís too soon.
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 08:16 PM   #510
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future

She sounds cranky with the press. Oh NOW you want to talk to me?