Nicole's best surface - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 29th, 2006, 02:29 AM   #1
country flag Derek.
Two and counting.

Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute
Nicole's best surface

With the type of game Nicole has you think she'd prefer faster surfaces, but her best two results this year (Roland Garros & Strasbourg, IMO) were both on clay.

It's almost as if she likes when she has more time to set up rather than her shots coming at her opponent faster as they do on faster surfaces.

What do you think?
Derek. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 29th, 2006, 02:59 AM   #2
country flag Sharapova's_Boy

Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nicole's best surface

Before seeing her at Roland Garros, I would've said she's better on faster surfaces. But in Paris, she was superb.

I agree, I think that she's better when she has more time to setup for her shots, plus she moves quite well on clay considering her height.

Sharapova's_Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 04:57 AM   #3
country flag Sexysova
I'm back and fierce, bitches!

Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute

I think the best surface for Nicole is clay(she has much time to return shot), but her the most favourite surface is hard and I think the worst surface for Nicole is grass

I LOVE WIMBLEDON

http://www.nicolevaidisova.wz.cz
Sexysova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 07:54 AM   #4
country flag Neptune

Neptune has a brilliant future Neptune has a brilliant future Neptune has a brilliant future Neptune has a brilliant future Neptune has a brilliant future Neptune has a brilliant future Neptune has a brilliant future Neptune has a brilliant future Neptune has a brilliant future Neptune has a brilliant future Neptune has a brilliant future

the big problem of Nicole, it's her footsteps and the fact that she has a large preparation and that it takes her time to have a good preparation and to be able to adjust her stroke. She must imperatively work on her footsteps if she wants to have better results on the hard one and to provide well to succeed on the grass.That's why the slow surface,in reality,advantage her.
She has all the weapons to do well on Grass.I suppose it's just a matter of time.
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 08:01 AM   #5
country flag Sexysova

Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute

Nicole doesn't like grass

Old Oct 29th, 2006, 01:37 PM   #6
country flag Craigy

Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute

With time, she could be amazing on every surface
Right now it's probably clay though

twitter tumblr
Craigy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2006, 11:40 AM   #7
country flag Legolas_111

Legolas_111 is just really nice Legolas_111 is just really nice Legolas_111 is just really nice Legolas_111 is just really nice Legolas_111 is just really nice Legolas_111 is just really nice Legolas_111 is just really nice Legolas_111 is just really nice Legolas_111 is just really nice Legolas_111 is just really nice Legolas_111 is just really nice

I think her best surface is clay
Old Nov 1st, 2006, 12:15 PM   #8
country flag Sexysova

I agree with Legolas

Old Nov 3rd, 2006, 09:00 PM   #9
country flag andrewbroad
Team WTAworld

andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute

I think she prefers hard courts because they don't present the problems that grass and clay do, and they don't exaggerate the spins from her opponents. Nicole prefers a straight hitting-match.

Nicole did well at the French Open not because of the clay, but because she happened to hit top form at just the right time. Clay would punish an off-form Nicole because a lot more shots come back than on any other surface, and I really don't see Nicole as the patient, grinding type.

Grass is Nicole's worst surface because she doesn't have enough experience on it yet. You have to get used to the awkward low bounces, and the inconsistency of the bounces. Nicole struggles with short, sharp balls on all surfaces because she doesn't move diagonally to cut off the angles yet. And short, sharp angles are particularly effective on grass.

But Nicole definitely has the weapons to succeed on grass, because IMO she has the best serve and best forehand on the Tour at the moment. And she's willing to go to the net, which is another big plus on grass.

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/
http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/
http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/vaidi/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Nicole_Vaidisova/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nicole-vaidisova/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeldani/
My Eternal Fanship: 1. Monica Seles; 2. Мария Шарапова (‘Maria Sharapova’); 3. Daniela Hantuchová; 4. Jelena Dokić; 5. Iva Majoli; 6. Karina Habšudová; 7. Вера Звонарёва (‘Vera Zvonarëva’); 8. Nicole Vaidišová; 9. Анна Чакветадзе (‘Anna Chakvetadze’); 10. Lucie Šafářová; 11. Ирода Туляганова (‘Iroda Tulyaganova’); 12. Magdaléna Rybáriková; 13. Sabine Lisicki
andrewbroad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2006, 02:06 AM   #10
country flag Lunaris
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute

It's hard court. One good result on clay proves nothing. It's only a matter of time and better mentality and she will play even better on the hard courts and of course more consistently.
Grass is certainly the worst. She lacks experience and her movement is terrible on this surface.
Lunaris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote