A few notes:
- I didn't include losses in GS qualies, even though it probably could be of interest. I also still have to map out how many GS maindraws each have played.
- Obviously, the amount of GS maindraws played has played a part in the amount, or lack thereof, of R1 losses for the Vulture Squad, so in years to come, their numbers are likely to increase. So in that sense, this thread is more observational, rather than comparative.
- Serena was for years the only player who has never lost n R1 of a GS. Then RG 2012 happened.
- Hingis holds the honour of being the only player listed to have lost R1 in a GS whilst being ranked #1. Twice. Legend.
- I expected Li's, Zvonareva's and Schiavone's numbers to be higher.
- More than half of Dementieva's R1 losses came during 03-04, and after she came back after an injury lay-off in 07 and had somewhat re-tooled her game, she suffered none.
- All of VIP's R1 losses came after
her lone slam win.
- Monami appears on the winners list the most with 4 wins, 3 of which came over a young Clijsters, a young Dementieva and a young Petrova.
- K. Bondarenko probably has the most "upset" wins, with 3 against players ranked from 9-11.
- Technically, Zvonareva is the person who has lost to the lowest ranked player in a GS R1 (Hingis AO 06 @ 349). But, if we ignore that special case, it was Schiavone who lost to South (ranked outside the top 300) at Wimbledon 06.
Fell free to point out any mistakes, or to add any names that I haven't covered.