Fill-In-The-Draw #94 Zurich 2006 - Ranks after 1st round out - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 16th, 2006, 05:46 PM   #76
Viktymise
King

Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute
I didnt know that was a rule that you couldnt pick again if someone wasnt seeded, its Always Hingis's rule not mine, im not too sure what to do about it, how bout after this tournament that rule is gone but what does everyone else think we should do about this tournie
Advertisement

Old Oct 16th, 2006, 06:07 PM   #77
country flag jrm

jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute
No, no, no ... rule has ALWAYS been that you can only re-do the draw if the seeded player withdraws!!!

If you want new rules please state that so others are aware of too!

Season is coming to an end - it's smart to make your prediction as late as possible to avoid nasty w.o.!
Current crushes: Johannes STRATE Tom BATEMAN Éric BRUNEAU
Simply the best: Ole Einar BJØRNDALEN and JANNE AHONEN
jrm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2006, 07:07 PM   #78
country flag :inlove:
attack plz

:inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute
Well that rule should definitely be changed. It is extremely unfair and what if I had picked Chakvetadze to win the tourney, after such a good week last week?? That's stupid.
:inlove: is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2006, 07:09 PM   #79
attack plz

:inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute :inlove: has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenavee
I didnt know that was a rule that you couldnt pick again if someone wasnt seeded, its Always Hingis's rule not mine, im not too sure what to do about it, how bout after this tournament that rule is gone but what does everyone else think we should do about this tournie
"4) If a player withdraws after you have made your prediction, you MAY ONLY alter your pick if the withdrawing player was seeded. However, if the player who withdrew is not a seed, you may not replace."

Maybe you should read your own posts then.
Old Oct 16th, 2006, 07:13 PM   #80
Viktymise
King

Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip-And-Happenin
"4) If a player withdraws after you have made your prediction, you MAY ONLY alter your pick if the withdrawing player was seeded. However, if the player who withdrew is not a seed, you may not replace."

Maybe you should read your own posts then.
and maybe you shouldnt get bitchy
Old Oct 16th, 2006, 07:15 PM   #81
country flag alwayshingis

alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Well that rule should definitely be changed. It is extremely unfair and what if I had picked Chakvetadze to win the tourney, after such a good week last week?? That's stupid.
That's the risk you take when you pick an unseeded player to win. Picking a player who is likely to withdraw to win...THAT's what's stupid.
alwayshingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2006, 07:20 PM   #82
country flag Kim's_fan_4ever
The only girl in the world.

Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute
That's why I always fill in the draw the last minute I can... Simply don't fill in the draw the same day as the draw was made
Old Oct 16th, 2006, 07:28 PM   #83
attack plz

Quote:
and maybe you shouldnt get bitchy
Stop yourself before you get to "you betta know yourself".

alwayshingis, Chakvetadze didn't look injured and is on a high, and so it wouldn't be stupid at all to pick her.

This rule should be changed IMO but if I am the only one who feels this way then I can handle it.

I suppose I'll just have to make my picks minutes before the deadline next time.
Old Oct 16th, 2006, 07:31 PM   #84
Viktymise
King

Quote:
Stop yourself before you get to "you betta know yourself".

alwayshingis, Chakvetadze didn't look injured and is on a high, and so it wouldn't be stupid at all to pick her.

This rule should be changed IMO but if I am the only one who feels this way then I can handle it.

I suppose I'll just have to make my picks minutes before the deadline next time.
your the one stressin over a little game, its pretty immaterial to the rest of your life
Old Oct 16th, 2006, 09:52 PM   #85
country flag FedererFan84

FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of
Wow, I didn't realize how vulgar this game could get!

It's the end of the season, there are only a few tournements left. Because of this, we should keep the same rules until the end of the year, then modify and POST the new rules. With the collaboration of lenavee, alwayshingis and I, along with all the other posters' opinions, we can change this game up for next year!

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today" - James Dean
FedererFan84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2006, 09:53 PM   #86
attack plz

Quote:
your the one stressin over a little game, its pretty immaterial to the rest of your life
What's that got to do with it? I was just saying that the rule is stupid and should be changed. It's not my fault you don't know your own rules. It's not the end of my world, but I think it should be acknowledged and possibly changed. Sorry for having an opinion.
Old Oct 16th, 2006, 09:55 PM   #87
attack plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwine8
Wow, I didn't realize how vulgar this game could get!

It's the end of the season, there are only a few tournements left. Because of this, we should keep the same rules until the end of the year, then modify and POST the new rules. With the collaboration of lenavee, alwayshingis and I, along with all the other posters' opinions, we can change this game up for next year!
A civilised post. It is fine with me to wait until next year, it's just that lenavee didn't even know about the rule, made a new batch of predictions with Chakvetadze's withdrawal, and is now going back on that.

I didn't mean to cause a whole thing though.
Old Oct 16th, 2006, 10:04 PM   #88
country flag FedererFan84

FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of FedererFan84 has much to be proud of
I must agree that the chief of this game should indeed know his own rules. Mistakes happen, and I'm sure that lenavee will discredit all new posts regarding Chakvetadze's withdrawl.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today" - James Dean
FedererFan84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2006, 11:31 PM   #89
Viktymise
King

Quote:
What's that got to do with it? I was just saying that the rule is stupid and should be changed. It's not my fault you don't know your own rules. It's not the end of my world, but I think it should be acknowledged and possibly changed. Sorry for having an opinion.
and its not my fault iv only been runnig the game for a few tournaments amybe you should spend some time scoring the game, its not easy and people getting bitchy about it makes it much harder and btw your the only one who is being uncivil and aggressive
Old Oct 17th, 2006, 03:15 AM   #90
country flag Barlos

Barlos has a brilliant future Barlos has a brilliant future Barlos has a brilliant future Barlos has a brilliant future Barlos has a brilliant future Barlos has a brilliant future Barlos has a brilliant future Barlos has a brilliant future Barlos has a brilliant future Barlos has a brilliant future Barlos has a brilliant future
Seriously, it's only a game - it shouldn't get like this.

I think it's important to appreciate the work that alwayshingis and lenavee have done to run the game each week and understand that they don't have to do it... I'm sure suggestions to improve the game will always be considered but there are better ways to make them than by being nasty about it, everyone makes mistakes, this sort of thing could discourage lenavee from running future tournaments. The vast majority of people do appreciate it though - it gives us a bit of fun each week so thanks very much for that

As for changing the rules, I agree with hotwine8 - the current rules should stand until the end of the year. For next year I'd like to see players being allowed to change picks until the first main draw match begins, regardless of whether there are withdrawals. However, I wouldn't expect that to happen if it would make running the game more difficult.
Barlos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote