Mary lost against Jelena - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 4th, 2006, 07:15 PM   #1
country flag pierce the best

pierce the best is a glorious beacon of light pierce the best is a glorious beacon of light pierce the best is a glorious beacon of light pierce the best is a glorious beacon of light pierce the best is a glorious beacon of light pierce the best is a glorious beacon of light pierce the best is a glorious beacon of light pierce the best is a glorious beacon of light pierce the best is a glorious beacon of light pierce the best is a glorious beacon of light pierce the best is a glorious beacon of light
Mary lost against Jelena

Mary lost against Jelena in two sets 7/6 6/3. it was really a good match between the two. Mary played really well. if she continue to work hard like she is doing it now she will be fully fit for next year. She was serving very well, where she needs to work more its her fitness. Her moving its not yet perfect but much better then at the Us open. Even she lost she played a good match . she needs to continue like this. now she will have one week more training before Zurick.
pierce the best is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 4th, 2006, 08:22 PM   #2
country flag sebbe

sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future
Yeah she played a great match....to bad she had to play Jelena in the first round. The swedish commentator said that she probably would have beaten most of the other players in the draw except Jankovic cuz she is so full of confidence right now and I have to agree. I just wonder after this match what the heck she did in Luxembourg last week?

Go Mary, nice to have u back!
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 08:30 PM   #3
country flag Paul.

Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe
Yeah she played a great match....to bad she had to play Jelena in the first round. The swedish commentator said that she probably would have beaten most of the other players in the draw except Jankovic cuz she is so full of confidence right now and I have to agree. I just wonder after this match what the heck she did in Luxembourg last week?

Go Mary, nice to have u back!
i agree - i wish she had played jelena later on

if you saw alyona play last week then you would be less surprised. she was absolutely falwless in the final with extremely powerful groundies but great movement too. she was playing like a top 15 player if not top 10. she probably played as well or even better than jankovic played today

Paul. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 08:50 PM   #4
country flag MPadict

MPadict is just really nice MPadict is just really nice MPadict is just really nice MPadict is just really nice MPadict is just really nice MPadict is just really nice MPadict is just really nice MPadict is just really nice MPadict is just really nice MPadict is just really nice MPadict is just really nice
Mary is definitely on the right track!!!!!!!!! :)

I totally agree with you guys. Mary did a very good match. She was serving well, especially in second serve. She was hitting the ball very clearly being pretty aggressive, and she did a couple of very spectacular shots. She was obviously enjoing her time on the court. She should have won the tie break coz Jelena wasn't at her best at that moment. But, this is the way it goes. It is always hard to win the key points when u did not play much and she resisted really well in tough moments. Though, I found Mary slow and heavy, she has the right attitude on court but she has to improve her fitness, losing weight is compulsory! Her footwork was not good, making her shots less precise. And as she pointed out during the US Open, she still takes the ball a bit behind her on the forehand side. If she does what she has to do, she'll rock next year!
Mary is definitely on the right track!!!!!!!!!
MPadict is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 08:58 PM   #5
country flag Paul.

Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPadict
I totally agree with you guys. Mary did a very good match. She was serving well, especially in second serve. She was hitting the ball very clearly being pretty aggressive, and she did a couple of very spectacular shots. She was obviously enjoing her time on the court. She should have won the tie break coz Jelena wasn't at her best at that moment. But, this is the way it goes. It is always hard to win the key points when u did not play much and she resisted really well in tough moments. Though, I found Mary slow and heavy, she has the right attitude on court but she has to improve her fitness, losing weight is compulsory! Her footwork was not good, making her shots less precise. And as she pointed out during the US Open, she still takes the ball a bit behind her on the forehand side. If she does what she has to do, she'll rock next year!
Mary is definitely on the right track!!!!!!!!!
oh yeah i forgot to mention the second serve!

that is the one part of the game that looks 1000 times better than the last time i saw her play. in san diego against sharapova it was short and slow with nothing on it. in this match it was much improved and she was even winning some cheap points off it
Paul. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 09:19 PM   #6
country flag Oermi

Oermi has a reputation beyond repute Oermi has a reputation beyond repute Oermi has a reputation beyond repute Oermi has a reputation beyond repute Oermi has a reputation beyond repute Oermi has a reputation beyond repute Oermi has a reputation beyond repute Oermi has a reputation beyond repute Oermi has a reputation beyond repute Oermi has a reputation beyond repute Oermi has a reputation beyond repute
yeah, Mary played really well -- but not her best YET!! that's for sure..
But if she keeps on working.. who knows
oh, and i ADORED the outfit
Oermi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 10:23 PM   #7
country flag DomenicDemaria

DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute
Mary Well atleast there is an improvement. No shame losing to a great player like Jankovic. Hope you can get a better draw at Zurich
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 11:22 PM   #8
country flag TennisPlayingFox

TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute
Nice effort Mary! It's only a matter of time before you get back to your best!
Peng-Petrova-Sharapova-Clijsters-Hantuchova-Craybas-Dulko-Gronefeld-Fujiwara-Srebotnik--Kirilenko-Chakvetadze-Pironkova-Laine-Hingis-Camerin-Parmentier-Schnyder-Voskoboeva-Medina Garrigues-Makarova-Cirstea-Cornet-Jankovic-Zvonareva-Rodina-Coin-Groth-Safarova-Dokic-McHale-Begu-Panova-Falconi-Dolonts-Soler Espinosa
TennisPlayingFox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2006, 12:37 AM   #9
country flag pierce_fanatic
Team WTAworld

pierce_fanatic has a brilliant future pierce_fanatic has a brilliant future pierce_fanatic has a brilliant future pierce_fanatic has a brilliant future pierce_fanatic has a brilliant future pierce_fanatic has a brilliant future pierce_fanatic has a brilliant future pierce_fanatic has a brilliant future pierce_fanatic has a brilliant future pierce_fanatic has a brilliant future pierce_fanatic has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie91
yeah, Mary played really well -- but not her best YET!! that's for sure..
But if she keeps on working.. who knows
oh, and i ADORED the outfit
oh wow, i've just seen her outfit in full and omg i love it it really suits her.

And i'm also very impressed with the way Mary played even though the score didn't go in her favour.

------------------------------

We love you Mary !
pierce_fanatic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2006, 05:32 AM   #10
country flag ashwu

ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of
mary is coming back!!!!!!

go mary~~
ashwu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2006, 06:41 AM   #11
country flag enci

enci is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm happy, because i could see Mary on the Eurosport
enci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2006, 07:40 AM   #12
country flag ashwu

ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of
the video poldame shared on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...B18D005&page=7
ashwu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2006, 07:46 AM   #13
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute
Mary is slowly on her way back, pushing the top players. If she can keep healthy im sure she will have a great 2007.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2006, 09:37 AM   #14
country flag Kathrin

Kathrin is a splendid one to behold Kathrin is a splendid one to behold Kathrin is a splendid one to behold Kathrin is a splendid one to behold Kathrin is a splendid one to behold Kathrin is a splendid one to behold Kathrin is a splendid one to behold Kathrin is a splendid one to behold Kathrin is a splendid one to behold Kathrin is a splendid one to behold Kathrin is a splendid one to behold

You are awesome.. Liked your match very much! Doesn't matter if you loose as long as you loose that way. Great tennis my little angel! You're back on track!

And you are looking sooooooo damn good!
Old Oct 5th, 2006, 04:41 PM   #15
country flag squig2k

squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold
Amazing, Mary. Good serve, groundstrokes and power. Movement will improve with training, and jankovic made mary run into bad positions. But great performance