Sunday Report - Pics and vids - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 1st, 2006, 11:35 PM   #1
country flag esquímaux
Team WTAworld

esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute
Sunday Report - Pics and vids

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ies%20day%202/

I've timed it!!! It takes me an hour and a half to get there by train When I got there I immediately went to the Osterloh/Jidkova match which was something like 3/2 in the first set Osterloh was down and getting rather moody and Alina was steady and focused the whole match. Liliah was talking out loud and slapping her thighs whenever she missed points. I started cheering for Miss Lilian and then she started turning the match around. I was shouting, "C'mon Liliah!!!" Everyone was looking at me too I sat down next to her coach and asked was it okay to cheer for players and he said yes as long as it wasn't during points....so I cheered even more Everytime the players changed ends, I change courtsides right along with Liliah Eventually Osterloh beefed up the serve and whacked a couple aces to close out the first set. I have a video clip of one of her aces but I need a better place to upload videos besides Photobucket Any suggestions?

Jidkova was whacking a few aces too, but Liliah was too strong in the end I ran over and got two autographs from the beautiful Miss Lilian after the match (one on my shirts and another on a program). I'll be happy to mail the program autograph to any diehard Lilian fans (Frazier's Fan comes to mind ) After that, I watched the end of a match with Pin and a girl (who was rather pretty and had a gorgeous accent) that I didn't know. Pin closed it out on the her opponent UFE and I received her autograph too Pin's a short-lil cutie pie

I walked back over to the court where Jidkova/Osterloh had played on and saw Catalina Costano scoping out a match between UBERoi and Spears. I asked for an autograph and took a pic with her. She is sooooooo nice and has a beautiful smile After that, a bunch of Japanese people ran up and bombrushed her I worked my way of to a practice court in the back and saw Shaughnessy steadily grillin' Wozniacki and Domatchowska (sp) and other players were there too. I was determined to get a Meggy autograph so I camp out there for a few minutes and got distracted when I saw Dushevina walking around by herself. MAN! Vera is also very pretty she happily gave me an autograph and looked astonished that I even knew her name She really looked surprised. I saw Dulko, her brother, and mommy practising on a tucked away court. Gisa looked kinda agitated so I left. She was doing some really good spring workouts and such.

It started to rain so I sat down and had a doner kebab and thought...."Hmmmm....I wonder if Megz is still practising??" So headed back over to her courts and saw her leaving. We stopped and had a nice conversation She asked me in disbelief, "Do you live here?!?!" I told her how I been a fan throughout the years and congratulated her on her wins in Rabat and Forest Hills, and she seemed really ecstatic that I knew about them It was nice, and yes I got an auto It started raining more intense and play was halted.

On the practice courts in the back, Schuettler was practicing with a Japanese teenager and Safarova was WORKING HARD on her backhand down the line with her dad/coach. I mean really WORKING HARD!!!! She was gruntin' real loud and such. You would've thought she was playing a match. I don't know her native language, but it sounded really cool when she was speaking. After practice I wished her luck and she gave me one of her old beatup tennis balls. I'll be more than happy to mail it to a diehard Lucie fan

Then came even more rain and a few the rest of the qualies matches were held in the Coliseum. Nothing too spectacular there other than the Balleret/Troicki match. Those guys were trying so hard and hit so many great shots. I left at 3/0 in the second set though because I hate taking the trains at night. So I snapped a few shots of the Women's main draw and headed out
"恐れてはいけない. 私は最初であり, 最後である"
esquímaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 1st, 2006, 11:44 PM   #2
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute
thanks for the report

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2006, 11:50 PM   #3
country flag Cat's Pajamas
A Young Troubadour.

Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquímaux
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ies%20day%202/

I've timed it!!! It takes me an hour and a half to get there by train When I got there I immediately went to the Osterloh/Jidkova match which was something like 3/2 in the first set Osterloh was down and getting rather moody and Alina was steady and focused the whole match. Liliah was talking out loud and slapping her thighs whenever she missed points. I started cheering for Miss Lilian and then she started turning the match around. I was shouting, "C'mon Liliah!!!" Everyone was looking at me too I sat down next to her coach and asked was it okay to cheer for players and he said yes as long as it wasn't during points....so I cheered even more Everytime the players changed ends, I change courtsides right along with Liliah Eventually Osterloh beefed up the serve and whacked a couple aces to close out the first set. I have a video clip of one of her aces but I need a better place to upload videos besides Photobucket Any suggestions?

Jidkova was whacking a few aces too, but Liliah was too strong in the end I ran over and got two autographs from the beautiful Miss Lilian after the match (one on my shirts and another on a program). I'll be happy to mail the program autograph to any diehard Lilian fans (Frazier's Fan comes to mind ) After that, I watched the end of a match with Pin and a girl (who was rather pretty and had a gorgeous accent) that I didn't know. Pin closed it out on the her opponent UFE and I received her autograph too Pin's a short-lil cutie pie

I walked back over to the court where Jidkova/Osterloh had played on and saw Catalina Costano scoping out a match between UBERoi and Spears. I asked for an autograph and took a pic with her. She is sooooooo nice and has a beautiful smile After that, a bunch of Japanese people ran up and bombrushed her I worked my way of to a practice court in the back and saw Shaughnessy steadily grillin' Wozniacki and Domatchowska (sp) and other players were there too. I was determined to get a Meggy autograph so I camp out there for a few minutes and got distracted when I saw Dushevina walking around by herself. MAN! Vera is also very pretty she happily gave me an autograph and looked astonished that I even knew her name She really looked surprised. I saw Dulko, her brother, and mommy practising on a tucked away court. Gisa looked kinda agitated so I left. She was doing some really good spring workouts and such.

It started to rain so I sat down and had a doner kebab and thought...."Hmmmm....I wonder if Megz is still practising??" So headed back over to her courts and saw her leaving. We stopped and had a nice conversation She asked me in disbelief, "Do you live here?!?!" I told her how I been a fan throughout the years and congratulated her on her wins in Rabat and Forest Hills, and she seemed really ecstatic that I knew about them It was nice, and yes I got an auto It started raining more intense and play was halted.

On the practice courts in the back, Schuettler was practicing with a Japanese teenager and Safarova was WORKING HARD on her backhand down the line with her dad/coach. I mean really WORKING HARD!!!! She was gruntin' real loud and such. You would've thought she was playing a match. I don't know her native language, but it sounded really cool when she was speaking. After practice I wished her luck and she gave me one of her old beatup tennis balls. I'll be more than happy to mail it to a diehard Lucie fan

Then came even more rain and a few the rest of the qualies matches were held in the Coliseum. Nothing too spectacular there other than the Balleret/Troicki match. Those guys were trying so hard and hit so many great shots. I left at 3/0 in the second set though because I hate taking the trains at night. So I snapped a few shots of the Women's main draw and headed out

Glad you got those autographs you wanted

I am so jealous you got to meet Vera D I absolutely love I got to see her at the US Open but I had to leave during her doubles match

Anyways hope your having a great time! Try to get some pics of Vera for me
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 12:28 AM   #4
country flag Lenafan

Lenafan has much to be proud of Lenafan has much to be proud of Lenafan has much to be proud of Lenafan has much to be proud of Lenafan has much to be proud of Lenafan has much to be proud of Lenafan has much to be proud of Lenafan has much to be proud of Lenafan has much to be proud of Lenafan has much to be proud of Lenafan has much to be proud of
Great report.
Lenafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 01:13 AM   #5
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

I see the pics now Seems like you had a great time. I wonder if Lilias soon to be husband was there

Thanks for the report!! GO GO LILIA!
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 05:23 AM   #6
country flag *Jean*

*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute
You MUST give me Meg's autograph
*Jean* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 05:32 AM   #7
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute
That picture of Catalina is so cute!! Thank you!

~CASTANO~MEUSBURGER~SADIKOVIC~J.Cohen~
Drake1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 07:42 AM   #8
country flag isabellea

isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the report and for Vera D's pics.

It's funny that she was surprised that you knew her name. That's vera.
isabellea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 08:44 PM   #9

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 11:28 PM   #10
country flag esquímaux
Team WTAworld

esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRAZIER~FORCE
I see the pics now Seems like you had a great time. I wonder if Lilias soon to be husband was there

Thanks for the report!! GO GO LILIA!
Of course I was there
"恐れてはいけない. 私は最初であり, 最後である"
esquímaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 03:20 AM   #11

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquímaux
Of course I was there
Lilia looks to be in better shape then last year at this time. I think she has a new coach or maybe a new fitness coach. She is looking much more solid I hope you get to see her vs MEG today.