Iga Świątek - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 29th, 2015, 10:55 PM   #1
country flag Potapovushina
Who's got the crack?

Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Iga Świątek

This girl seems really good, and like she's improving super fast! I really noticed her a month ago because she made the SFs at U14 Junior Orange Bowl and nearly beat my girl Anastasia Potapova (who was the best world U14 player by a mile last year), actually had MPs against her and almost prevented her from making the U14 Eddie Herr + Jr Orange Bowl double!

Iga was born on May 31, 2001. She comes from Warsaw, lives in Raszyn.

Last year she won 2 G14s: Intime HEAD Junior Open in the Nederlands (on indoor hard) & Opalenica Cup in Poland (on clay); and she won a G16 on clay in Poland: Zabrze Cup. She didn't drop a single set on her way to these 3 wins.

She made the QFs of the U14 European Junior Championships in Czech Rep on clay last July. She was the 10th seed there and she beat good players in Leonie Kung in R2 and Selma Cadar in R3, before being thrashed by the top seed Olesya Pervushina (who made the final in the end) in QF, 1 & 0.

At Eddie Herr, she lost in R2 to Abigail Forbes, 7-5 2-6 2-6. But then as I mentioned in the beginning of the post, she had an amazing run 2 weeks later at the Junior Orange Bowl, with notable thrashings of Nicole Conard (2 & 1) in R3, Dalila Said (2 & 2) in R4 and Anna Brylin in QF (2 & 4), before folding in SF against the eventual champion Anastasia Potapova having MPs against her, 2-6 6-3 6-7(6).

Iga started her 2015 playing G4 Magnolia Cup in Poland. She was given a MDWC and got a good win in R1 over (3)Daniela Vukovic (#283), 6-2 7-5. Sadly she fell rather heavily to Csenge Furak in R2, 0 & 3. Furak reached the SFs afterwards. Iga already lost to Furak last September in the SF of a G16 in Poland, in straights too.

This week, Iga is playing the prestigious U14 tournament of Les Petits As de Tarbes in France. She's the 2nd seed there and she's through to the QFs after she beat Paula Joukanen 1 & 0 in R1, Hurricane Tyra Black 2-6 6-4 6-2 in R2 (great fight against a very dangerous unseeded and looming opponent ), and Sofiya Babych 2 & 3 in R3.

She will face unseeded Helene Pellicano (who is a year younger) in QF tomorrow, good luck Iga! Potapova is through to the QFs too, as the top seed. I'm hoping for a Nastya-Iga crazy final

Azarenka Kvitova Halep Ivanovic Radwanker Kerber Pliskovas Smitkova Allertova Diatchenko Dodin Govortsova Sasnovich Kichenoks Hesse Bencic Keys Hampton Putintseva Kovinic Vekic
Mladenovic Garcia Cornut Strycova Siniakova Krunic Pervak Zanevska Svitolina Savinykh Kudermetova Lottner Bellis
Potapovushina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 29th, 2015, 11:12 PM   #2
Who's got the crack?

Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Iga Świątek

with Hertel and Rutkowska

with Maja Chwalinska

with Oczachowska & Jaskiewicz

Azarenka Kvitova Halep Ivanovic Radwanker Kerber Pliskovas Smitkova Allertova Diatchenko Dodin Govortsova Sasnovich Kichenoks Hesse Bencic Keys Hampton Putintseva Kovinic Vekic
Mladenovic Garcia Cornut Strycova Siniakova Krunic Pervak Zanevska Svitolina Savinykh Kudermetova Lottner Bellis
Old Jan 29th, 2015, 11:16 PM   #3
Who's got the crack?

oh, and I forgot to mention: she's also through to the dubs SFs at Les Petits As with Maja Chwalinska. They're the 2nd seeds.

Old Jan 30th, 2015, 03:11 AM   #4
country flag Caipirinha Guy

Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute

for you that you made it with our Polish letters.
also gl Iga tomorrow
Caipirinha Guy is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2015, 08:37 AM   #5
Who's got the crack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caipirinha Guy View Post
for you that you made it with our Polish letters.
I tried my best to do justice to players' cool names. How do you pronounce it?

Iga is the 1st one through to the SFs, she just beat Pellicano 6-2 7-5! Had problems holding serve in the 2nd set but it was enough today

Old Jan 30th, 2015, 08:47 AM   #6
country flag Caipirinha Guy

Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute

ą is French "an" https://translate.google.pl/#pl/en/%C4%85 (click sound icon at the bottom)
Ś = similar to Sh but not quite (french Ch) https://translate.google.pl/#pl/en/%C5%9B (click sound icon at the bottom)

Świątek https://translate.google.pl/#pl/en/%C5%9Bwi%C4%85tek

The meaning of the surname is in old Polish "Festive day".

French people would pronounce:
Chvianteque
Caipirinha Guy is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2015, 03:25 PM   #7
Who's got the crack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caipirinha Guy View Post
ą is French "an" https://translate.google.pl/#pl/en/%C4%85 (click sound icon at the bottom)
Ś = similar to Sh but not quite (french Ch) https://translate.google.pl/#pl/en/%C5%9B (click sound icon at the bottom)

Świątek https://translate.google.pl/#pl/en/%C5%9Bwi%C4%85tek

The meaning of the surname is in old Polish "Festive day".

French people would pronounce:
Chvianteque
Thanks That's a pretty cool meaning for a surname!

Iga & Maja just beat Bartone/Kostyuk 0 & 4 in dubs SFs.

Old Jan 30th, 2015, 04:09 PM   #8
country flag MichaelN

MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the thread.

Good luck in the final Iggy!
Old Jan 31st, 2015, 10:23 AM   #9
Who's got the crack?

Iga's singles SF match against the lefty Serb (4)Olga Danilovic up in a bit as the boy's SF in about to end

Livestreaming here: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2f...-lacoste_sport :hearts!

Can't wait to watch Iga play for the 1st time!

Old Jan 31st, 2015, 11:27 AM   #10
Who's got the crack?

3-1* -> 4-6

DF at *4-5 10-30 and shanked a fairly easy volley on SP :hsyteric: She's crying already

Old Jan 31st, 2015, 12:03 PM   #11
Who's got the crack?

Sadly Iga fell to Danilovic, 4 & 0

After blowing her lead and missing those important points in the 1st, she had a big meltdown and she completely let Danilovic back into the match, towards the end of the match Olga was really mauling her. It's a shame because I think Iga has some game and a real potential, Danilovic is a bigger girl with abig lefty game and is more of a shotmaker, but at the beginning of the match Iga was absorbing her power rather well and her counterpunching was working, she pushed Danilovic to UEs... But there was a huge contrast in attitudes and imo that's what made difference, Danilovic was carrying that uberconfident and intimidating attitude along the match, even when she was spraying badly whereas Iga basically folded pretty quick. From the reports on the match Eddie Herr SF against Potapova in which she had MPs, it looks like it was her nerves that lost her that match too, it may be a real letdown in her future career. Hopefully she works on this, it can be fixed imo, the sooner the better though.

It's been a great week though, head up!

Old Jan 31st, 2015, 01:40 PM   #12
country flag Jerem

Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future

Iga But she's still young and can make a lot of progress in every part of her game

Thanks for opening this thread by the way, I was thinking about it when I saw her results at the U14 Orange Bowl but completely forgot it afterwards

Le forum francophone d'actualité tennistique,
mais pas que !
www.lespacetennis.com
Jerem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2015, 03:20 PM   #13
Who's got the crack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerem View Post
Thanks for opening this thread by the way, I was thinking about it when I saw her results at the U14 Orange Bowl but completely forgot it afterwards

Despite a good start in the dubs final (going *3-0 up), Iga & Maja just lost against Novikova/Potapova, 4 & 3.

Tough day for Iga

Old Feb 2nd, 2015, 02:35 PM   #14
Who's got the crack?

Thanks to dos santos

Old Feb 2nd, 2015, 03:37 PM   #15
Who's got the crack?

Thanks to Richard van Loon