The Kichenok Sisters Cheering thread! - Page 43 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 30th, 2014, 08:46 PM   #631
country flag Losing Streak
Сексуальная

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Kichenok Sisters Cheering thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason A. View Post
I'm not going to panic because of this. Some players develop more slowly than others, and the twins might fall into that particular category. Yes, they both still have a lot of untapped potential, but who is to say that they won't continue slowly working their way up the ranks? I don't think that it is fair at all to describe them as 'huge disappointments'. Both of them have been good enough to make it up to the Top 200 in singles and the Top 100 in doubles at just 22 years old. There are thousands and thousands of pros that play their whole careers and never make it that far up the rankings, so there's nothing for the twins to be ashamed about. With that said, I don't think that they are going to rest on their laurels. I'm sure that they just want to continue getting better and better, but if a slow road is the right one for them to take in order to find success, well, that's okay with me. Many of the players that try to take the fast road just end up hurting their careers because of it. Some players get burnt out at a young age because of the constant pressure that they -- and others -- put on themselves. Some breakdown with a career-threatening injury because they overtrain. Trust me when I tell you that there is nothing wrong with players taking their time to develop and learning from their mistakes as they go.
Kinda agreeing with this, even if it's hard not to get disappointed and a bit frustrated.

They're already in China... playing WTA 125 in Suzhou starting next week. And apparenty, they're gonna face each other in R1.

(Lyuda)

"Почти 30 часов в пути и я до нее добралась����almost 30 hours in the trip and we met each other����welcome to China������#comfy#bed#need#rest"

Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 30th, 2014, 08:49 PM   #632
country flag Losing Streak
Сексуальная

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

@ USO

Nadiia

"Proud to be Ukrainian������#usopen#ny#PrayforUkraine#СлаваУкра iнi#prayforpeace"

Lyuda

Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 12:23 PM   #633
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to both girls.

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Kleybanova _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2014, 09:12 AM   #634
country flag David Barker

David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of

The girls led 64 53 in their QF doubles match and lost......aargh...
Is it my imagination, but since they missed all those MP vs Errani/Vinci at Wimbledon they have really lost confidence....?
Hope they pick up soon
David Barker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2014, 11:45 PM   #635
country flag Jason A.

Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold

That was a disappointing loss for sure, but I don't think that it has affected them in that sort of way. Who knows, I could be wrong, but I really don't get that sort of vibe from them. I think that they're just inconsistent, and that's it. On a really good day, they can challenge the best of the best, but, on a really bad day, they can be shown the exit in a hurry. That same Wimbledon match is a good example of what I'm talking about. It was played over 2 days due to the rain. On Day 1, the twins were basically playing in the zone, and that's what got them into a winning position, but then the rain stopped them from finishing the job. On Day 2, they came back out playing some pretty ordinary tennis, and the rest is history.

Neither of the two of them were physically 100% this week, so we've gotta take that into account too -- Nadiia retired from her singles match due to some sort of stomach complaint; Lyudmyla needed a medical timeout midway through the 1st set of her match against Cagla. I was able to watch about half of Lyudmyla's match -- before my stream went haywire -- and she really showed some grit in finding a way to win that one. At the beginning of the match, her movement looked kind of sluggish to me, so when the trainer was called, it wasn't exactly a big surprise. The lone camera angle wasn't ideal, but it didn't look to me as if the trainer worked on her legs or anything like that, so I suspect that she might have had a touch of whatever it was that Nadiia had.
Jason A. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2014, 06:25 AM   #636
country flag David Barker

David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason A. View Post
That was a disappointing loss for sure, but I don't think that it has affected them in that sort of way. Who knows, I could be wrong, but I really don't get that sort of vibe from them. I think that they're just inconsistent, and that's it. On a really good day, they can challenge the best of the best, but, on a really bad day, they can be shown the exit in a hurry. That same Wimbledon match is a good example of what I'm talking about. It was played over 2 days due to the rain. On Day 1, the twins were basically playing in the zone, and that's what got them into a winning position, but then the rain stopped them from finishing the job. On Day 2, they came back out playing some pretty ordinary tennis, and the rest is history.

Neither of the two of them were physically 100% this week, so we've gotta take that into account too -- Nadiia retired from her singles match due to some sort of stomach complaint; Lyudmyla needed a medical timeout midway through the 1st set of her match against Cagla. I was able to watch about half of Lyudmyla's match -- before my stream went haywire -- and she really showed some grit in finding a way to win that one. At the beginning of the match, her movement looked kind of sluggish to me, so when the trainer was called, it wasn't exactly a big surprise. The lone camera angle wasn't ideal, but it didn't look to me as if the trainer worked on her legs or anything like that, so I suspect that she might have had a touch of whatever it was that Nadiia had.
Interesting, thank you.

Although day 2 of the Errani /Vinci match they had 6 match points ?
David Barker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2014, 10:32 AM   #637
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

Nadiia won a match!!

Beat Sabina Sharipova in the QR1 of Tashkent. 6-4 6-3

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Kleybanova _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Old Sep 6th, 2014, 03:53 PM   #638
country flag Jason A.

Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Barker View Post
Interesting, thank you.

Although day 2 of the Errani /Vinci match they had 6 match points ?
I don't remember exactly how many MP's they had, but there were definitely at least a few of them...
Old Sep 7th, 2014, 11:27 AM   #639
country flag Ollie.

Nadiia lost in the FQR to Zanevska, 7-6 1-6 4-6

However, Lyuda qualifies for the MD, beating Kalashnikova!

Old Sep 7th, 2014, 04:07 PM   #640
country flag Ollie.

Lyuda plays the 8th seed Danka Kovinic in R1 of Tashkent.

Old Sep 7th, 2014, 09:20 PM   #641
xcrtbckhnd

xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future

Gl Lyuda!
xcrtbckhnd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2014, 01:53 PM   #642
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Lyudmyla upset #8 seed Kovinic at WTA Tashkent 7-6 7-6 !

Now please keep going. Don`t crash out in R2. Stay focused. Reach the QF !

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2014, 01:54 PM   #643
country flag Ollie.

Lyuda beat Danka in 2 sets, 7-6 7-6! Akgul Amanmuradova next.

Old Sep 8th, 2014, 02:35 PM   #644
country flag Inger67

Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute

Lyuda

She's #170 now in the live ranking and if she beats Akgul, will be around #157. Unfortunately for Nadiia, she's #176 in the live ranking
TT Singles Current Ranking: #1 (CH Ranking: #1)
Titles(6): Linz 2014, Cincinnati 2014, Wimbledon 2014, Marrakech 2014, Quebec City 2012, Cincinnati 2011
TT Doubles Current Ranking: #28 (CH Ranking: #8)
Titles(7): Sofia TOC 2014, Cincinnati 2014, Bucharest 2014, Tokyo 2012 (w/New_balls_please), Stanford 2012, Carlsbad 2011, Osaka 2011 (w/rvugt)
Inger67 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2014, 11:57 PM   #645
country flag Jason A.

Here's an interview that the Tashkent Open conducted with the twins. Judging by the answers to the fifth question, I think that the interviewer got a bit confused about which twin was which, but otherwise it was a good, little interview.

Quote:
Interview of the Day - Kichenok Sisters Lyudmyla and Nadiia
7 September, 17:42

As the curtains unfold to herald the 16th edition of the Tashkent open and the main draw matches get underway the presence of five Ukrainian players cannot be missed. The presence and performances of Ukrainian players in spite of the current conditions prevailing in their country cannot be ignored.

The Tashkent Open Media Team spoke to Kichenok Sisters Lyudmyla and Nadiia about their journey and perspective as Ukrainian players on the tours.

Q. There is tension and war like situation in some parts of your nation it is heartwarming to see a high number of Ukrainian women players on the Tour?

Nadiia : Thank you very much for talking to us , it is the spirit of our people that is driving the players , we don't want war , we want peace , though we are far away from the areas of conflict there is tension in our hometown our people have become more patriotic .

Lyudmyla : We want to live in Ukraine , our people are our strength they give us players confidence to play and do better. Its true for all players from Ukraine, many of our players from the affected areas like Kateryna Kozlova wo is also playing in the event has moved out of the house from Donesk and continuing to play tennis

Q : It is creditable for Ukraine to have five players in a main draw in absence of any major tennis event in your country ?

A : Its true we had only one tournament in Donesk and that too is cancelled , but its great achievement for our players in spite of not having any ITF or major events , our players are improving without any system in place. It's all about fighting spirit , we are used to fighting against something or other and we are happy that such fighting spirit has come into all our sportspersons.

Q: How is been with you travelling with each other ?

Lyudmyla : I feel like that I have someone from my family all the time , its great to have company on the tour , where many players complain about loneliness , we are there for each other all the time , we help out each other on and off the court and have a lot o share

Nadiia: We're lucky to be sisters and be able to play and travel together , sometimes we are travelling separately but it's ok for a week , but more time than that I start missing my sister.

Q .Don't you fight like other siblings and what about rivalry amongst both of you ?

We both fight more on the court , than off it. Outside the court we don't even discuss tennis and share a lot . I think we understand each other very help , we help each other and keep motivating each other . we're happy that we are behind each other in times of need and have a lot of fun

Q. Your plans for future ?

Lyudmyla : We are on the tour for over four years now and have some happy and sad moments , but i want to improve my singles ranking and at least get near my best ranking of 100.

Nadiia : I feel the same too , and do not want to regret later I have not been able to nurture my talent .

Q Would the Kichenok Sisters do a la Bryan Bros in women's tennis ?

Apart from the William Sisters , we are the only siblings on the tour and would like to be like the Bryan Bros in Men's doubles , we surely want to do well and will be happy if Kichenok Sisters get the same fame or even more, we will strive to make a mark for sure.
http://tashkentopen.uz/en/interviews/40