The Kichenok Sisters Cheering thread! - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 22nd, 2010, 05:49 AM   #136
country flag Minorellen

Minorellen has much to be proud of Minorellen has much to be proud of Minorellen has much to be proud of Minorellen has much to be proud of Minorellen has much to be proud of Minorellen has much to be proud of Minorellen has much to be proud of Minorellen has much to be proud of Minorellen has much to be proud of Minorellen has much to be proud of Minorellen has much to be proud of
Re: The Kichenok Sisters Cheering thread!

Kichenok's are in the Ukrainian FedCup team

Photos http://sapronov-tennis.org/?p=gallery&id=133
Advertisement

Old Apr 22nd, 2010, 02:32 PM   #137
country flag RandomShot

RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minorellen View Post
Kichenok's are in the Ukrainian FedCup team

Photos http://sapronov-tennis.org/?p=gallery&id=133
I was browsing the Fed Cup website looking for Australia's next opponents, and I found out it was Ukraine. I looked at Ukraine's team and noticed two girls with the surname Kichenok. Had not heard of them before but assumed they were sisters because of their year of birth and surname.

Reading past results, I can see that they can win, it's a shame that they haven't played so well lately though. Hopefully they'll start stringing results together again soon .

I wish them every success and luck for the future .
Mum, dad, we have a trophy!
RandomShot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2010, 05:18 PM   #138
country flag PerfectForm

PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future

Kichenoks Hope to see them on some livestream somewhere. Anyway, it seems Lyuda has switched rackets, from head to wilson?

Morita. Pavlyuchenkova. Halep. Antoniychuk. Wozniacki. Vesnina. Chakvetadze. Jankovic. Ivanovic. Puig

Larcher D B. Diyas. Orlik. E Bogdan. Khromacheva. Ishizu. Kovalets. Kichenoks. Cepelova
PerfectForm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 08:58 AM   #139
country flag PerfectForm

PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future

OMG! Lyuda is taking on Stosur in place of Bondarenko. Good luck Lyuda, Stosur is a total different league from the players Lyuda plays against regularly.

Morita. Pavlyuchenkova. Halep. Antoniychuk. Wozniacki. Vesnina. Chakvetadze. Jankovic. Ivanovic. Puig

Larcher D B. Diyas. Orlik. E Bogdan. Khromacheva. Ishizu. Kovalets. Kichenoks. Cepelova
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 09:02 AM   #140
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomShot View Post
I was browsing the Fed Cup website looking for Australia's next opponents, and I found out it was Ukraine. I looked at Ukraine's team and noticed two girls with the surname Kichenok. Had not heard of them before but assumed they were sisters because of their year of birth and surname.

Reading past results, I can see that they can win, it's a shame that they haven't played so well lately though. Hopefully they'll start stringing results together again soon .

I wish them every success and luck for the future .
They're twin sisters!
Slutiana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 10:30 AM   #141
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute

Luda was playing really well in the first and served for it at 5-4 30-30. It's a shame she couldn't close it out but she's so inexperienced that it was always going to be a problem. She's down a couple of breaks in the second but still a great experience for her.
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 11:55 AM   #142
country flag PerfectForm

This match looked really good for Lyuda based on stats (minus the double faults). wish it was on TV somewhere

Old Apr 25th, 2010, 12:10 PM   #143
country flag tea
taking fanboyism to a whole new level

tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, fans! I believe Lyuda has got plenty of new ones today.

Her tennis is amaze. Raw, inexperienced, sometimes illogical, but amaze. She reminds me Swiss Voegele year or so ago, with all that irrationalism and aggressiveness of her game. She has to work in every department of her game, of course, but the current state of it indicates she's got talent. Well, maybe someone should tell her the difference between 1st and 2nd serves does exist, for a start. Although it's quite funny how she hits the lines with the second serve.

The next one, who she reminds me, is Wickmayer. Two years ago this player's real career has started exactly in Kharkiv in Ukraine-Belgium tie. Nobody known player outplayed two top-30s. On clay. In aggressive, impressive, amazing style. Kichenok didn't win today, but Wickmayer wasn't 17 back then. Now Wicky is top 20, and she will be top 10 in no time, I'm sure. As much as I am a fan of this Belgian, I think Lyuda has got way more skills than Wicky ever had, or will obtain. She hits that ball so naturally, she feels this game. I have to re-watch the match to have my picture of about how she thinks during the rallies, but I believe she does do it.

Now personal. I have never been patriotic in tennis. I think I have just become. Am I overreacting? One may say it was just a match. But what a match. Do you think as well that this match can become a starting point of her bright career?

This was the longest post in my TF career, this much I am impressed.
tea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 12:19 PM   #144
country flag Slutiana

I really hope it is the start of something. She has made 2 50k finals now but she is just not very consistent, so hopefully this does really start something for her. But we'll see!

Hopefully Nadiya can also take some inspiration from this too and start to move up the ranks. I would hate to see her get left behind. Ironically she actually had the better junior career.
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 12:34 PM   #145
country flag tea

tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slutiana View Post
I really hope it is the start of something. She has made 2 50k finals now but she is just not very consistent, so hopefully this does really start something for her. But we'll see!
Yep, we'll see, of course. I've been following that her ITF tournaments streak... And she did quite well in doubles then, right?

btw, did they participate in that Bucha 10k tournament last year? If they did, then I can't believe how stupid I am for not going to see their matches.
Quote:
Hopefully Nadiya can also take some inspiration from this too and start to move up the ranks. I would hate to see her get left behind. Ironically she actually had the better junior career.
I didn't know that. Irony at its best indeed. I actually know very little about them, but after today I will browse our Web space, and if I will find anything interesting about them, I'll post it here.
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 03:01 PM   #146
country flag PerfectForm

Hey tea, it sounds like you have the match on video? would you be kind enough to upload highlights or something? thanks

Old Apr 25th, 2010, 03:48 PM   #147
country flag tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectForm View Post
Hey tea, it sounds like you have the match on video? would you be kind enough to upload highlights or something? thanks
No, I haven't record it. I will check if the channel that showed it live, will do a repeat. If they will, you will get any video you want. Youtube, or the whole match.
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 04:15 PM   #148
country flag PerfectForm

Thank you so much tea I've only watched one clip of Nadiya playing & I'm guessing they would have the same style.

Old Apr 25th, 2010, 04:22 PM   #149
country flag Slutiana

I dunno, they seem to have similar (aggressive) foundations but Lyuda is definitely much more powerful whereas Nadia has better volleys and is slightly more consistent. Nadia did so well in the second set of their doubles match. They lost 2-6 7-6 1-6 I think.
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 04:30 PM   #150
country flag PerfectForm

damn! I couldn't find any livestream, this would have been a perfect opportunity to watch a full match of the twins