Olivia SANCHEZ - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 16th, 2009, 06:48 PM   #76
country flag janko

janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Olivia SANCHEZ

Best win of the year against 2nd seed Beygelzimer in Montpellier.

Olivia has won a round in Palermo and 2 in Cuneo last year, that means she'll be probably out of the top400 but won't have anything to defend until the end of the year. I'm curious to see how well she can do. If she ends like Virginie Pichet, I'm sure she will stop the adventure...
janko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 17th, 2009, 03:18 AM   #77
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

if she retires i will hunt her down and slap her.
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 05:56 PM   #78
country flag janko

janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizé Molik View Post
if she retires i will hunt her down and slap her.

No retirement so far, 2nd round win against Tweedie-Yates in 3 sets, QF against Minella or Laisne.
Old Jun 18th, 2009, 02:39 AM   #79
country flag Alizé Molik

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

i've seen storie tweedie-yates play, the only thing more comical than her name is her game. losing a set to her is quite awful. At least she's playing i suppose.
Old Aug 2nd, 2009, 08:38 AM   #80
country flag strato

strato has much to be proud of strato has much to be proud of strato has much to be proud of strato has much to be proud of strato has much to be proud of strato has much to be proud of strato has much to be proud of strato has much to be proud of strato has much to be proud of strato has much to be proud of strato has much to be proud of

Yesterday I've seen Olivia play at $13 000 Porspoder (France). Seeded n°1 of the tournament she unfortunately lost 6/2 6/1 to Camela Giorgi (ITA), a young talented player aged 17. Here are a couple of pics I've taken, they might interest you. A friend of mine had a better camera and took great pics of Olivia training, I'll post them as soon as possible.

When we were younger, if I lost to her I wouldn't talk to her for a couple of days, but now I play against Russian players almost every week, so I'm kind of used to it. (Elena on Myskina)
strato is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2009, 07:02 AM   #81
country flag strato

strato has much to be proud of strato has much to be proud of strato has much to be proud of strato has much to be proud of strato has much to be proud of strato has much to be proud of strato has much to be proud of strato has much to be proud of strato has much to be proud of strato has much to be proud of strato has much to be proud of

When we were younger, if I lost to her I wouldn't talk to her for a couple of days, but now I play against Russian players almost every week, so I'm kind of used to it. (Elena on Myskina)
strato is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2009, 08:05 PM   #82
country flag janko

Thanks for the pics!

After a year and a half of disappointments since breaking the top100 and the death of her good friend Mathieu Montcourt, it seems Olivia has found the motivation to carry on, she keeps on playing and results are slowly coming, today she scored her best win of the year, coming from qualies she defeated the 1st seed Yakimova (#99) to make it to the QF in 50K Madrid, maybe she could reach back the top300 before 2010?
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 08:11 AM   #83
country flag Arthus

Arthus has disabled reputation

Nice pics, thanks.
Arthus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 01:14 PM   #84
country flag Alizé Molik

she is for sure a fighter! I'm so pleased she didn't give up. Hoping to see her in AO qualies next year
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 08:43 PM   #85
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

Olivia didn't forgive. After a straight win vs Yakimova (top 100) in Madrid in october 2009, Olivia's run in Plantation $25k is promising.
3 wins in qualies, R1 and R2.
Tomorrow : http://www.usta.com/sitecore/content.../schedule.ashx
Qf : Olivia vs Johanna Larsson
Lighter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 08:28 PM   #86
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

An interesting article about Olivia : http://www.mydesert.com/article/2010...-circuit-again

She currently plays semi finals in Rancho Mirage.

Last edited by Lighter : Feb 7th, 2010 at 08:38 PM.
Old Feb 8th, 2010, 10:09 AM   #87
country flag Lighter

Back in top 250 after finals win in Rancho Mirage. It's promising for short run in Laguna Niguel if she enters MD.

Very happy for her. It seems that Mandy Minella and Olivia are working well with coach Norbert Palmier.
Old Feb 14th, 2010, 12:09 PM   #88
country flag Lighter

2nf final in a row for Olivia :

Olivia vs Mandy Minella in Laguna Niguel 25$k.

She still eliminated top 200 players and seed 1 like Kurumi Nara. She also defeated good players like Spears or Fujiwara.

After the final, road to Surprise (Arizona).
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 03:33 AM   #89
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Olivia Sanchez is the featured player for March 2010 on ITFTENNIS.COM

ITF Spotlight On.... February 2010 - Olivia Sanchez
By Nick Fishpool

Former WTA Top 100 player, Olivia Sanchez from France, won her first singles titles on the ITF Pro Circuit since October 2007 and is this month’s featured player.

During the month of February, Sanchez competed in three $25,000 hard court tournaments in the USA, first up was a trip to Rancho Mirage in Riverside County for the first of two tournaments Sanchez entered into in the state of California. Rancho Mirage, located in the heart of the Palm Springs Valley at the base of Santa Rosa Mountains, was hosting an ITF Pro Circuit women’s tournament for the second year in succession. 27-year old Sanchez had to earn her place in the singles main draw via the qualifying event where she was named the No. 4 seed. Apart from one set dropped in the opening round and needing a tie break win in the first set of the final round, Sanchez enjoyed a relatively comfortable passage into the main draw. The first round of the main draw saw Sanchez up against Ukrainian player Tetyana Arefyeva who she defeated 62 63 to set up a second round meeting with seventh seeded Russian Anastasia Pivovarova. Her seeded opponent took the opening set 64 before Sanchez fought back to claim the victory, dropping just three games in the final two sets. Another seed awaited Sanchez in the quarterfinal, No. 4 seed Madison Brengle from the USA. Brengle was also unable to halt Sanchez’s progress as the Frenchwoman recorded a 63 64 win to move into the Semi Final. American Lilia Osterloh, the top seed here, was taken to three sets by Sanchez in their Semi Final match and with the score at one set all Sanchez upped her game and won through to her first final since her triumph in Mexico City in 2007 with a 60 final set win. Unseeded Slovenian Tadeja Majeric was now all that stood in the way of Sanchez ending a near two and half year wait for a singles title. The opening set of the final was closely contested with Sanchez eventually taking it 75, but the next set was dominated by Sanchez who took it without the loss of a single game. Success in the final was the eighth of her career.

Following her success in Rancho Mirage, Sanchez journeyed 117 miles west to Laguna Nigel in Orange County for her second tournament of the month.

Unlike in Rancho Mirage, Sanchez was a direct acceptance into the singles main draw and wasted little time defeating American Wild Card entrant Lindsey Nelson in the opening round with the loss of just four games. This victory brought about a second round match against the No. 1 seed from Japan, Kurumi Nara. The match against Nara was a very tight affair and having taken the opening set 75, Sanchez then completed her victory winning an even closer second set 76(5). Sixth seed Abigail Spears from the USA was then seen off in the Quarterfinal in three sets as was Rika Fujiwara, the No. 3 seed, in the Semi Final which saw Sanchez come from a set down to earn her place in the final for the second week running. Having already disposed of three of the tournaments seeded players in each of the previous three rounds, another now faced her across the net in the final, No. 4 seed from Luxembourg, Mandy Minella. As with her matches against seeded opposition so far, this was also a close contest and in the end it was Sanchez who was celebrating having won back-to-back singles titles after having gone so long without any title wins. This win was made all the more impressive as she had beaten three of the top four seeds, including the No. 1 seed on her way to the title.

A very long journey followed this triumph as she headed back east for over 400 miles to Arizona, where the city of Surprise in Maricopa County was the setting for Sanchez’s final tournament of the month. Surprise, now in its third year of staging a women’s ITF Pro Circuit tournament, was not just the name of the city but also the emotion experienced by Sanchez following a shock first round exit in straight sets to Abigail Spears, the American beaten by Sanchez in the Quarterfinal in Laguna Nigel the previous week. Although seeded eighth, Spears’ victory over the unseeded Sanchez still came as a surprise given Sanchez’s form in her previous two tournaments which had seen her beat a total of seven seeded players from ten main draw matches, collecting two titles along the way. Some consolation could be taken from the fact that Spears went on to claim the singles title.

Despite this disappointing end to an otherwise highly successful month, Sanchez still goes into March in good form and is now just one more singles title away from taking her career title successes into double figures.

She seems to be playing well, can she keep it up ?
iGOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 10:24 AM   #90
country flag Juan

Juan has a reputation beyond repute Juan has a reputation beyond repute Juan has a reputation beyond repute Juan has a reputation beyond repute Juan has a reputation beyond repute Juan has a reputation beyond repute Juan has a reputation beyond repute Juan has a reputation beyond repute Juan has a reputation beyond repute Juan has a reputation beyond repute Juan has a reputation beyond repute

Some pics from ITF Monzon at
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y20...010/?start=all

Juan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote