Maria's official 'once in a blue moon doodles'... - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 17th, 2006, 05:54 AM   #61
country flag lakan kildap

lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaliaSecondServe
Maria doesn't know that there is a real reason why no Starbucks here...
And speaks about our autumn like a California girl who doesn't understand it's charm. All the great Russian poetry and prose were written inspired by autumn... The main positive aspect what I've met in her Moscow doodle - is " because he was too embarrassed to show all the beautiful women here that he owns a stuffed animal". Just the same what Roddick said about his impressions of Moscow .
I agree, Talia. Starbucks is not a good substitute for vodka. As Prince Igor said, Drinking is the joy of the Rus! Just kidding.

I was anxious that her recent doodle on Moscow would have a negative effect on some. But we have to understand that Maria was never a Muscovite. She grew in Sochi, in the Crimea, where there was a lot of sun. Then it was on to Florida and California.

I have to agree about the beautiful women.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 17th, 2006, 09:00 AM   #62
country flag TaliaSecondServe

TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all
Quote:
I agree, Talia. Starbucks is not a good substitute for vodka. As Prince Igor said, Drinking is the joy of the Rus! Just kidding.
Ok... Hope everyone appreciated your sense of humor
Quote:
I was anxious that her recent doodle on Moscow would have a negative effect on some.
It's not negative at all. It's positive cause it's truth finally! It's not only about her feelings to "home country", it's about her life attitude in general .
TaliaSecondServe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2006, 01:41 PM   #63
country flag xan

xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Yesterday we had a group dinner of about ten people at this see-and-be-seen place called Prado. When I asked for the check, our waiter said that someone at the restaurant had taken care of it and passed on a message that he's been my fan since I was ten. Ok no joke, but our check was for a couple of grand! If this mystery person ever visits my site....thank you!

I wonder who this guy was? I assume Maria is talking dollars, not roubles. Since in Roubles it would only be about fifty pounds. He must be shy to have not said anything in person, or even waved across the cafe.

Maybe he was a Russian mafiosi

Official Hitman of the Maria Mafia
xan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2006, 01:45 PM   #64
country flag Dan23

Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute
...or possibly from the Maria Mafia
pavlyuchenkova

Dan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2006, 01:45 PM   #65
country flag xan

xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute
For completeness, i'll post the US Open blog on this thread:

Well here I am, a couple of days after the Open, sitting on a plane, on my way home and munching on Pringles. I WON!!!!!!!! HIP HIP HOORAY! It's been two whole days to have a good thought about it and I still can't quite believe it. I mean three weeks ago I was driving to my hotel from the airport and just as we passed the tunnel and all the building popped up in front of me, I thought to myself "what is New York gonna bring this time?" Definitely didn't let me down! Little did I know but my team had already started celebrating right after I won with about 7 full cups of beer, courtesy of the men's locker room, while I was getting brain-washed in the press-conference. A full-on tab of beer is in the locker room! Who knew! Only at the Open! In the car driving back to the hotel they were opening all the windows, screaming, and spilling beer. So not only does my phone smell like beer right now, but I still can't hear properly.

We partied until 5am and two of my good friends and I went back to my place. We were trying to order pizza, but I guess not too many people order pizza at 5 in the morning so unfortunately no delivery! So with four hours of sleep, the next day was a bit of a daze. With the help of caffeine and 2 Advil's I sucked it up for my interviews and picture OP with the trophy. And how could I not go shopping!! Damage was surprisingly small ......couple of Marc Jacobs pieces. My credit card couldn't quite believe it. Anyways on Sunday we had a big-group dinner where everyone was decently sober for the first 30 minutes. That was followed by some dancing.......2am.....short night. Haha Monday was Letterman.....so fun!!! I met Justin Timberlake right before I went on......very nice! We took a picture ( ill post it). Martha Stewart looked great in person, and very sweet. Letterman was his usual self.....sarcastic and funny. The Marc Jacobs show was quite impressive. That guy is so creative, and I love that! Anyways here are a few tiny recaps.......

Currently I'm a huge fan of black nail polish. Don't worry I'm not going Goth, neither am I waiting for my skater-boy. I never knew that black nail polish existed until I saw Chanel's ad for Black Satin. The power of advertisement!!
We walked into this breakfast place in NY and the hostess was wearing a shirt that said "if you're rich, I'm your bit$%". THIS IS BREAKFAST, NOT A NIGHTCLUB!! That's one heck of a way to wake up though!! But since when is that normal? And on top of that she was Russian! I promise my country does have manners. Yikes!

I saw the musical 'Jersey Boys' couple days before the Open...........highly impressed!! What a talent it is to be able to sing like that for two hours non-stop. And I made Michael go.. He didn't verbally admit it, but he did like the show.

So we get into a cab in NY( not in Bradenton), and I notice the cab driver is driving towards the wrong direction so I ask him if he got the address right.....either that or he just wanted to give us a little tour of the neighborhood and earn an extra buck.....yes, he did get the address wrong and on top of that wasn't in a very good mood about it. So I asked him if he's had a good day......"I did, until now" was his reply. Let's just say that made me feel really good about myself.

So I've been told that football season is starting which would probably mean that after spending more than half of my life in the States, I would at least know what a quarterback is, right? Nope, not me! Would it be extremely embarrassing to say that my friend bought me a Football for Dummies the other day? Call me stupid (cause this is your once in a lifetime opportunity) but I know absolutely nothing about the sport. As far as I know the person that's running with the ball is so scared of getting hit by all these monster-looking dudes that all they really want to do is run for their life. Currently I'm on Page 3 ( can't you tell I'm really fascinated) which only leaves me with 379 to go. I'll keep you updated!!

Old Oct 17th, 2006, 01:47 PM   #66
country flag xan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan23
...or possibly from the Maria Mafia
Could be....

But no-one's owned up.

Old Oct 23rd, 2006, 04:36 AM   #67
country flag ~lollipop_girl~

~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xan
Could be....

But no-one's owned up.
It was me!
KEEP SCREAMING MASHA!!!
GO MY GIRLS!!!

|Ain't no party like a...COCKTAIL PARTY!| D'Express_027|

0027...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Official Shortie of the Maria Mafia...
Go the Mighty Knights...My other girls:Makiri,Aga,Tati,Misa,Jarka
~lollipop_girl~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2006, 12:38 AM   #68
country flag jcshie

jcshie has much to be proud of jcshie has much to be proud of jcshie has much to be proud of jcshie has much to be proud of jcshie has much to be proud of jcshie has much to be proud of jcshie has much to be proud of jcshie has much to be proud of jcshie has much to be proud of jcshie has much to be proud of jcshie has much to be proud of
FOOD, FOOD, FOOD...

10/23/2006 9:44:00 PM

Here we are again.......not too much to report this time, except the traveling circus has made it's arrival in Linz. First and foremost, I want to thank the fans for supporting me after my pull-out from Moscow. It is one thing supporting someone during their success, but it's another thing when fans support you through the rough times, especially injuries and tough losses. My foot is still not perfect, but who can blame it! It's not like I am giving it much rest. As long as it's not getting worse, I will try to keep it under control.

Zurich turned out to be a great event, and of course the win helps a lot. After playing like a chicken with it's head cut off in the first round, I decided to get myself together. But as life has taught us many times, it's easier said than done. I have been eating so much on this trip that I decided to play an extra set just to work off a few pounds. In Russia I probably gained ten pounds, but don't blame me............it's not my fault that they offer tea with jam, and goodies after every meal. In Zurich we were all over the veal sausage, and the first thing we did when we got to Linz was eat a traditional Austrian Schnitzel. I don't think that was a very nice thing to say, especially if whoever is reading this, hasn't had their lunch yet. Actually the first thing my dad did when he landed, was ask about the snow report in the mountains.....Shocking! There's really not too much else to report on......oh here's something funny....

We happened to have a female co-pilot for the first time on our plane from Moscow and I have never seen Michael listen to the safety briefing so carefully before. He even looked under the seat to make sure his life vest was there. And on top of that, for some strange reason, at one point we became 300 meters away from another plane, which is pretty close. The woman panicked, started looking around and was pressing buttons left and right. Although realistically that is scary, I could not stop laughing for ten minutes!

I have been reading that the black nail polish has been getting sold out everywhere in the States. For those that still want it, I am almost positive the Macy's in Bradenton still carries it. As far as that town knows.......Nick and Jessica are still married. And if someone is really desperate I can always auction mine off on the site...haha! Ok I think I'm starting to write useless information so I better stop. Wish me luck in Linz!!! Maria Piglet Sharapova.

jcshie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2006, 01:11 AM   #69
country flag Dan23

Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute
"Maria Piglet Sharapova"
shes loving this blog....great to see

btw Maria <1000ft separation is a serious issue
pavlyuchenkova

Old Oct 24th, 2006, 01:46 AM   #70
country flag Porcupine

Porcupine has much to be proud of Porcupine has much to be proud of Porcupine has much to be proud of Porcupine has much to be proud of Porcupine has much to be proud of Porcupine has much to be proud of Porcupine has much to be proud of Porcupine has much to be proud of Porcupine has much to be proud of Porcupine has much to be proud of Porcupine has much to be proud of
"Piglet"

I guess next time it's gonna be Maria "Tigger" Sharapova
こうして閉じれば見えてくる

------------------------------------
Official Gunslinger Girl of the Maria Mafia.
8373..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl

Is cuter than ?
Porcupine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2006, 01:50 AM   #71
country flag morningglory

morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute
sweet! I love her blogs!
morningglory is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2006, 01:53 AM   #72
country flag morningglory

morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute
Wiener schnitzel
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Schnitzel with roast potatoesWiener Schnitzel (from the German Wiener Schnitzel, meaning veal fillet Viennese style) is one of the most famous traditional Austrian dishes. Possibly originating in Northern Italy (as cotoletta alla milanese), the recipe may have appeared in Vienna during the 15th or 16th century. According to another theory, it was introduced by Field Marshal Radetzky in 1857. The name "Wiener schnitzel" was coined in 1900.

Wiener Schnitzel has also made appearances in media. For instance, in The Sound of Music, the song, "My Favorite Things", has a second verse that includes the lines, "Cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels, doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles". In Hoodwinked the woodsman drives a truck selling schnitzel-on-a-stick. The dish is also featured in the song "Karate Schnitzel" by Tenacious D on their self-titled album Tenacious D.

Contents [hide]
1 Information
2 Variants
3 See also
4 References
5 External links

[edit] Information
The Schnitzel is traditionally prepared from a thinly-sliced piece of veal, which is further tenderized by pounding with steak hammer, then successively dipped into wheat flour, eggs and breadcrumbs before being fried in clarified butter or lard. Sometimes the breadcrumbs are seasoned with freshly ground black pepper. It is now more often made with thin pork escalopes.

Traditionally, Wiener Schnitzel is served with potato salad and a lemon slice. Roasted potatoes, french fries, rice or cranberry sauce are optional but considered bad cooking etiquette by purists. Unlike in Austria, it is served with gravy in Sweden. In Australia, schnitzel (often pronounced "snitzel") has become a favourite "pub meal", usually made from beef or chicken rather than veal, and commonly served with gravy and chips (french fries) or as parmigiana topped with tomato sauce and cheese. In Israel, Schnitzel (שניצל) refers to pounded chicken or turkey breasts, breaded or not. It is so popular as to be staple; ketchup and hummus are common condiments, while French fries and rice are common sides. Schnitzel is also highly popular in the Czech Republic where it is known as a řízek, and is often served with boiled or mashed potatoes. Polish kotlet schabowy is similar, but lighter.

Originally a festive dish—in the 17th and 18th centuries, sometimes gold dust was mixed into the breadcrumbs to provide an extra golden, luxurious colour—it has become one of the most popular meals among Austrians and is now enjoyed at all kinds of occasions. There are even Austrian fast food chains serving mostly schnitzels. Many restaurants offer cheaper schnitzels made from pork, and variants made of turkey have become popular more recently, but Austrian restaurant regulations require that "vom Schwein" (made of pork) or "von der Pute" (made of turkey) be indicated on the menu if no veal is used. Another alternative is "Schweinsschnitzel Wiener Art" (Pork Schnitzel Vienna Style).

[edit] Variants

A schnitzel sandwich.Other variants of the schnitzel include, which are not all necessarily made with a breadcrumb crust:

Cordon Bleu: "Blue Ribbon", two slices of meat filled with cheese and a slice of ham.
Jägerschnitzel: "Hunter's Schnitzel", served with dark mushroom sauce.
Zigeunerschnitzel: "Gipsy Schnitzel", served with a sauce with pepper slices.
Rahmschnitzel: served with a sauce made of sour cream.
Hamburger Schnitzel: topped with a fried egg.
Holsteiner Schnitzel: breaded; topped with a fried egg, anchovies, capers, and lemon slices.
Naturschnitzel: not breaded; sauteed; served with a simple sauce (e.g., pan drippings, to which sour cream may be added) or none at all.
Chicken: Made of chicken, usually a cheaper alternative to others.
Turkey: Made of fillet of turkey breast, very popular in Israel, often called the national dish. Many Israelis were of Viennese or German origin, but during the early years of the state, veal was unobtainable, and turkey proved an inexpensive and tasty substitute.
Vegetarian Schnitzel: Made of textured soy, tofu or seitan. The seasoning is in the breading so the consistency may differ slightly but the taste can be almost the same as that of a conventional Schnitzel.
morningglory is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2006, 02:05 AM   #73
country flag Dan23

schnitzel
pavlyuchenkova

Old Oct 24th, 2006, 02:24 AM   #74
country flag myxomatosis

myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelses ttc

I guess next time it's gonna be Maria "Tigger" Sharapova
Aww that would be really cute.

I love Maria's blogs. They're so random and fun.

Ontario Loves the Laura Party 2007!!!
myxomatosis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2006, 02:36 AM   #75
country flag Dan23

at the AO, Nick and I will get a mention in the blog......just watch.....
pavlyuchenkova