Maria Sharapova def. Justine Henin-Hardenne 6-4,6-4 - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 10th, 2006, 02:08 AM   #61
country flag cometz9

cometz9 has a reputation beyond repute cometz9 has a reputation beyond repute cometz9 has a reputation beyond repute cometz9 has a reputation beyond repute cometz9 has a reputation beyond repute cometz9 has a reputation beyond repute cometz9 has a reputation beyond repute cometz9 has a reputation beyond repute cometz9 has a reputation beyond repute cometz9 has a reputation beyond repute cometz9 has a reputation beyond repute
Cogratulation to Maria on winning her 2nd Grand Slam, she played really well the past 2 wks so she deserved to win it, well done.
Justine i though she would take it but nonetheless a stellar year for her, reaching all Grand Slam finals and winning the French which she holds dear to her heart.
Advertisement

Old Sep 10th, 2006, 02:09 AM   #62
country flag vw.

vw. has a reputation beyond repute vw. has a reputation beyond repute vw. has a reputation beyond repute vw. has a reputation beyond repute vw. has a reputation beyond repute vw. has a reputation beyond repute vw. has a reputation beyond repute vw. has a reputation beyond repute vw. has a reputation beyond repute vw. has a reputation beyond repute vw. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by hablo
maria started jumping up and down with the trophy above her head and the top of the trophy fell
She doesn't have trophy experience.

The only major where you can do that is Wimbledon, where there isn't a top to fall off.
vw. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2006, 02:09 AM   #63
country flag lucashg

lucashg has a brilliant future lucashg has a brilliant future lucashg has a brilliant future lucashg has a brilliant future lucashg has a brilliant future lucashg has a brilliant future lucashg has a brilliant future lucashg has a brilliant future lucashg has a brilliant future lucashg has a brilliant future lucashg has a brilliant future
It's been disappointing to see Justine go 1/4 in GS finals this year, but it's been impressive nonetheless.

Congratulations, Maria! Justine lost in the AO and Wimbledon to Amelie whom I also really like and here was no exception. She was so incredibly happy and relieved to win this, and she did have an excellent summer, beating her three biggest nemesis in Kim, Amelie and Justine. She must be feeling awesome about this very important result! Hats off to her, impressive performance!

Justine could've done better, but I think she fought hard - she had some crappy errors, but even when she seemed in control, Maria had an answer to her. So I hope she doesn't get too disappointed. She'll be back to win those 3 GS she lost this year, hopefully.

Justine Henin

Proud member of Justine's Philistines Society™
"There's a bit of Justine in all of us"
lucashg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2006, 02:10 AM   #64
country flag WIMBLY2004

WIMBLY2004 has a brilliant future WIMBLY2004 has a brilliant future WIMBLY2004 has a brilliant future WIMBLY2004 has a brilliant future WIMBLY2004 has a brilliant future WIMBLY2004 has a brilliant future WIMBLY2004 has a brilliant future WIMBLY2004 has a brilliant future WIMBLY2004 has a brilliant future WIMBLY2004 has a brilliant future WIMBLY2004 has a brilliant future
Congrats Maria I am so proud to be your fan tonight, great play
WIMBLY2004 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2006, 02:10 AM   #65
country flag Natasc

Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by hablo
maria started jumping up and down with the trophy above her head and the top of the trophy fell
that was sooo funny!!
wake up Maria!!
the commentator that she was so lucky that the thing dropped and didnt get her head

YEAY MARIA!!
Natasc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2006, 02:11 AM   #66
country flag Joana

Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute
Excellent performance by Sharapova, she really has played magnificent tennis tonight. You could see how much it means to her and I am very happy for her.

I feel bad for Justine but she still had a great year and I hope she'll achieve even better results in 2007.
Joana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2006, 02:11 AM   #67
starr

starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future
Maria.

I didn't think she could win it, but she did!! I'm very happy for her.

And I thought it was very thoughtful of her to remember BJK in her victory speech.
starr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2006, 02:12 AM   #68
country flag madame_maria

madame_maria has much to be proud of madame_maria has much to be proud of madame_maria has much to be proud of madame_maria has much to be proud of madame_maria has much to be proud of madame_maria has much to be proud of madame_maria has much to be proud of madame_maria has much to be proud of madame_maria has much to be proud of madame_maria has much to be proud of madame_maria has much to be proud of
omg i'm so damn happy. my examinations begin tmr and i think my lack of studying has paid off watching too much tennis. <3 Maria!

and congrats to Justine she tried i guess. it's not like she played as badly as she did against Jelena. Maria was threatened quite a bit and Justine did her best under the circumstances of her game today.

YAY! Maria is no one-slam wonder the haters can shut up at least for one night.
Maria Sharapova #2
Nicole Vaidisova #10
Jelena Jankovic #5

... trophy hail: 23

Official Go-Go Girl of the Maria Mafia
... Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
madame_maria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2006, 02:12 AM   #69
country flag bellascarlett

bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute
MASHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sooo happy!!!!!!!!!!

You were great tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 10th, 2006, 02:12 AM   #70
country flag égalité

égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute
YESSSS!!!!

Bitttchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh You Better Pay It Honey! The Devil Is A Liar!!!!! Bitches Get Interviews And Shit? Where They Do That At Honey? Girls Are Late Honey!!!! The Queen Needs To Get Into It Honey Cause The Girls Is Late Out Here! Yes Honey Im Throwing Epic Shade!

Management!
égalité is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2006, 02:13 AM   #71
country flag LUXXXAS
Team WTAworld

LUXXXAS has a reputation beyond repute LUXXXAS has a reputation beyond repute LUXXXAS has a reputation beyond repute LUXXXAS has a reputation beyond repute LUXXXAS has a reputation beyond repute LUXXXAS has a reputation beyond repute LUXXXAS has a reputation beyond repute LUXXXAS has a reputation beyond repute LUXXXAS has a reputation beyond repute LUXXXAS has a reputation beyond repute LUXXXAS has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Maria-two weeks of really good tennis
Justine what a mindless tennis...
LUXXXAS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2006, 02:13 AM   #72
country flag ~Kiera~
The dragon that spits fire

~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats, Maria.

Q. It went through the net.
JELENA JANKOVIC: Through the net? Under the net?
~Kiera~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2006, 02:14 AM   #73
country flag Munich

Munich has much to be proud of Munich has much to be proud of Munich has much to be proud of Munich has much to be proud of Munich has much to be proud of Munich has much to be proud of Munich has much to be proud of Munich has much to be proud of Munich has much to be proud of Munich has much to be proud of Munich has much to be proud of

Maria
Munich is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2006, 02:16 AM   #74
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute
Im soooooooo Happy im overcome with emotion , this is just unbelieveable, well done Masha, enjoy the moment you have worked so hard for this. Today has been such an awesome day WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO
Andy. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2006, 02:16 AM   #75
country flag sunset

sunset has a brilliant future sunset has a brilliant future sunset has a brilliant future sunset has a brilliant future sunset has a brilliant future sunset has a brilliant future sunset has a brilliant future sunset has a brilliant future sunset has a brilliant future sunset has a brilliant future sunset has a brilliant future
Great job,
I wish she would play for America!
sunset is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote