I just downloaded mary's match against li and... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 6th, 2006, 01:27 AM   #1
country flag Paul.

Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute Paul. has a reputation beyond repute
I just downloaded mary's match against li and...

...for some reason it made me feel a whole lot better

here is the link to the videos thread for anyone who wants to download it

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.p...page=436&pp=15

its all one part and it doesnt take too long

what was very noticable was how mary's movement let her down. pierce0145 was right, towards the end of the match, normal shots from li were winners. sometimes mary just stood dead on the spot. she didnt hit as many winners as usual and hit lots more errors but by really training hard and getting fit again i think she can only get better.
li played very well, particularly in the 2nd and 3rd sets and there is no doubt she deserved the win but it didnt have to be such a beatdown as mary had so many chances

anyway, the main thing that made me feel better was how extremely well mary took the defeat. she shook hands in the warmest way imaginable, with a genine and sincere congratulatory smile on her face. i think she was happy for li in a way. and if she is happy, then why should any of us be upset. if she takes it well, then surely we should all follow her example

the other thing was that instead of being bitter, mary spent about 5 or 10 minutes signing autographs for her fans!!!!! how many other players would have done that if they had just been double bagelled?! i tried to take some screen shots of the hand shake and autographs but unfortunately it didnt work

mary pierce is a truly admirable lady and even after watching her lose 12 games in a row, it only made me love her more

i hope that some of you download the match and feel the same way i do

thanks for reading,

paul
Paul. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 6th, 2006, 02:18 AM   #2
country flag Mark Spruce
I think I am falling in love !!

Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute Mark Spruce has a reputation beyond repute
I do not think my poor heart could take it.

Yes Mary is the best even when she looses she will always sign for fans. I can say not many players will do that. RESPECT TO MARY !!!!!!!!!!!

My MARY PIERCE SITE !!!

Where Is Love I Have Not Found Her Yet

Mark Spruce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2006, 04:47 AM   #3
country flag ashwu

ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of
i didn't expect so much this us open, so although the scoreline looks really bad, i'm not that upset, and still pretty optimistic. she has a two-year plan, it's too early to give it up.
ashwu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2006, 04:49 AM   #4
country flag ashwu

ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of ashwu has much to be proud of
and thank you for the video link!
ashwu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2006, 07:51 PM   #5
Wizzy Maryfan

Wizzy Maryfan is a splendid one to behold Wizzy Maryfan is a splendid one to behold Wizzy Maryfan is a splendid one to behold Wizzy Maryfan is a splendid one to behold Wizzy Maryfan is a splendid one to behold Wizzy Maryfan is a splendid one to behold Wizzy Maryfan is a splendid one to behold Wizzy Maryfan is a splendid one to behold Wizzy Maryfan is a splendid one to behold Wizzy Maryfan is a splendid one to behold Wizzy Maryfan is a splendid one to behold
I can't dowload it, its too difficult to see Mary loosing that way ...

But u can't say that Mary was happy after the match, even if she smiles because she's a so nice person, it would be too much to say "wow she's happy, she has lost 12 games in a row without being able to run, without playing her tennis, Li were playing good but only because Mary was not able to hit the ball, but hey, Mary is happy !"

And i mean i would be sad to know that Mary is happy when she plays like that !

She's just the kindest person in tennis, the most generous tenniswoman (cause don't believe that Miss Clijsters would have reacted the same with a 60 60 against her ).

And please, stop to believe that Li played a too good match, it's just that Mary was NOT HERSELF !
Remember moscou in 04 i think, Mary lost against Mamic 64 60 and i was upset and "oh Gosh what happened, she's probably injured" and people who watched the match said "no Mary was not at her best but she didn't play the worse match on her carreer, it's just Mamic who was playing so good" ...
it's crazy to think that Mary can play a match without putting any winners (or 4 or 5 in a whole match) without noticing that her opponent is just playing against the shadow of Mary ...
"I felt very strongly that it was not the right time for me to retire, and there were still some great things for me to accomplish in tennis. So once that really clicked inside of me and I realised that, I just started to work very hard, and to try to be the best that I could possibly be."

Mary Pierce

On the road since 1989

=> MaryPierce WebSite <=

- 'Cause Mary -
Wizzy Maryfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2006, 08:46 PM   #6
country flag squig2k

squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold squig2k is a splendid one to behold
thank you for the video
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 01:45 AM   #7
country flag DomenicDemaria

DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzy Maryfan
I can't dowload it, its too difficult to see Mary loosing that way ...

But u can't say that Mary was happy after the match, even if she smiles because she's a so nice person, it would be too much to say "wow she's happy, she has lost 12 games in a row without being able to run, without playing her tennis, Li were playing good but only because Mary was not able to hit the ball, but hey, Mary is happy !"

And i mean i would be sad to know that Mary is happy when she plays like that !

She's just the kindest person in tennis, the most generous tenniswoman (cause don't believe that Miss Clijsters would have reacted the same with a 60 60 against her ).

And please, stop to believe that Li played a too good match, it's just that Mary was NOT HERSELF !
Remember moscou in 04 i think, Mary lost against Mamic 64 60 and i was upset and "oh Gosh what happened, she's probably injured" and people who watched the match said "no Mary was not at her best but she didn't play the worse match on her carreer, it's just Mamic who was playing so good" ...
it's crazy to think that Mary can play a match without putting any winners (or 4 or 5 in a whole match) without noticing that her opponent is just playing against the shadow of Mary ...
I couldn't bear to watch it either. But I have watched Mary lose to Cohen Aloro and Benesova so I have witnessed very, very bad days from Mary. In yhose matches she struggled to hit a winner and made stacks of errors whic gave her opponents confidence and play alot better than what they normally do. This lose will motivate Mary to get into shape.
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 03:39 AM   #8
country flag pierce_fanatic
Team WTAworld

pierce_fanatic has a brilliant future pierce_fanatic has a brilliant future pierce_fanatic has a brilliant future pierce_fanatic has a brilliant future pierce_fanatic has a brilliant future pierce_fanatic has a brilliant future pierce_fanatic has a brilliant future pierce_fanatic has a brilliant future pierce_fanatic has a brilliant future pierce_fanatic has a brilliant future pierce_fanatic has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomenicDemaria
I couldn't bear to watch it either. But I have watched Mary lose to Cohen Aloro and Benesova so I have witnessed very, very bad days from Mary. In yhose matches she struggled to hit a winner and made stacks of errors whic gave her opponents confidence and play alot better than what they normally do. This lose will motivate Mary to get into shape.
i was also present at those two matches and i have to say the Benesova match was more heartbreaking to me due to the poor scheduling (and the return of Hingis). But that's the past so lets move on

And i have to admit, i did download the Li/Pierce match but i only watched the First Set and Match Point, i couldn't bear watch Mary lose those two sets by love.

------------------------------

We love you Mary !
pierce_fanatic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 11:15 AM   #9
country flag Verdasco

Verdasco is a splendid one to behold Verdasco is a splendid one to behold Verdasco is a splendid one to behold Verdasco is a splendid one to behold Verdasco is a splendid one to behold Verdasco is a splendid one to behold Verdasco is a splendid one to behold Verdasco is a splendid one to behold Verdasco is a splendid one to behold Verdasco is a splendid one to behold Verdasco is a splendid one to behold
What happened with the scheduling? Anyway I really hope Mary comes back and my dream is for her to win Wimbledon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce_fanatic
I have to say the Benesova match was more heartbreaking to me due to the poor scheduling.
Verdasco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 12:34 PM   #10
Team WTAworld

pierce_fanatic has a brilliant future pierce_fanatic has a brilliant future pierce_fanatic has a brilliant future pierce_fanatic has a brilliant future pierce_fanatic has a brilliant future pierce_fanatic has a brilliant future pierce_fanatic has a brilliant future pierce_fanatic has a brilliant future pierce_fanatic has a brilliant future pierce_fanatic has a brilliant future pierce_fanatic has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco
What happened with the scheduling? Anyway I really hope Mary comes back and my dream is for her to win Wimbledon
One word. Hingis.

I have this view that if you decide to 'comeback' (yes i know, it's Hingis, a 5-time Grand Slam Champion) and you are unseeded and you're basically ranked like 100-something, then you should have to tough it out on the back courts like any other unseeded, 100-something ranked player (and i'd feel the same if Mary was in Martina's shoes). I just find it very unfair for the other players who are in the same position as you are.

Had Hingis not returned, Mary wouldn't have been scheduled on MCA, she would have been scheduled on Vodafone. MCA is extremely hard to play on when it is a 36 degree day (in which it was because i came down with heat stroke and spent an hour before Mary's match in First Aid) and it's even worse when a player wears contact lenses because like Mary said in her press conference afterwards, they dry out because of the heat and the wind and it makes it very difficult to see.

It just really p!ssed me off because Mary was the #5 seed, she worked so damn hard to get to that #5 ranking, only to have the AO give Hingis an easy ride with the scheduling because she made the AO her 'comeback' event. That day they had the two higher womens seeds (Kim and Amelie) both playing on Rod Laver and then the next highest seed (Mary) on an outside court, all because they wanted to make an unseeded Hingis, 'feel at home' on Vodafone and it's like they didn't give a shit about the #5 seed, even though she too, is a past winner of the AO. I'm sure if you asked any other tennis fan, they'd say that the scheduling was fair and they had no issues with it because it was Hingis. But then again, that's my opinion and i've had alot of people disagree with me (not on here but in 'real life') on this. I just didn't think it was right.

Oh geez, i never intended for this to be like an essay

We love you Mary !
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 12:05 AM   #11
country flag DomenicDemaria

DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute
Yes I was there too It was soooooooo hot. The only reason I stayed was for Mary. I was dying of heat. The scheduling was rubbish. First they put Mauresmo/Sun on centre court and Mary/Pratt on vodafone. Then they put Mary on Margerat Court last match All well that was a long time ago. Go Mary!!!!!!
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 03:13 AM   #12
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomenicDemaria
All well that was a long time ago. Go Mary!!!!!!
Very true, lets move on from my little issue and hope it doesn't happen again

We love you Mary !
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 07:09 AM   #13
country flag safinfans629

safinfans629 is a name known to all safinfans629 is a name known to all safinfans629 is a name known to all safinfans629 is a name known to all safinfans629 is a name known to all safinfans629 is a name known to all safinfans629 is a name known to all safinfans629 is a name known to all safinfans629 is a name known to all safinfans629 is a name known to all safinfans629 is a name known to all
I think maybe mary look down on Li,i don't think she got ready for this match very well,she was waiting for Li'error,but......
safinfans629 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote