Your tennis results?! - Page 84 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 11th, 2013, 07:23 AM   #1246
country flag Womp Up The Jamz

Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops Maellard View Post
One of the opponents really annoyed me, starting in doubles. She took fucking forever to go fetch a ball. I feel like I could've walked to the clubhouse for a cup of coffee, come back and she still would've been dawdling over to the ball. It was especially annoying when I was serving of course.

In interclub you play one of the doubles opponents each in singles, and I got the slowpoke of course.
You'd hate to play me, I'm very deliberate and very slow between points. I've seen it really frustrate opponents haha

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Womp Up The Jamz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 11th, 2013, 07:34 AM   #1247
country flag Yoncé
On His Mouth Like Liquor

Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Your tennis results?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womp Up The Jamz View Post
You'd hate to play me, I'm very deliberate and very slow between points. I've seen it really frustrate opponents haha

I'm the same I take my time and never rush, the I have my routines
Old Mar 11th, 2013, 07:37 AM   #1248
country flag Womp Up The Jamz

Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future
Yes! I think my routines drive my doubles partner crazy! Before each serve I bounce the ball between my racket and hand 3 times (Cibulkova used to do this rapidly). Pause, deep breath, fix headband (a la Sharapova). Bounce the ball 3 times, and then serve. Haha for second serves I start with the headband thing, unless I move out of my service zone (to move a stray or somethibg), in which case I do the entire thing, haha

Womp Up The Jamz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #1249
country flag Lord Choc Ice
Hot Messes Need Love

Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womp Up The Jamz View Post

I'm still getting used to different stuff people do. Pretty much all my opponents have taken almost no time between points and I've kinda fallen into that rhythm...though I still have my 5 bounces before first serve and 3 before second serve. Most of my opponents haven't even bounced before serving...

This girl was totally clueless in other ways too though. Like I said, she thought she'd won the set at 6-5, she stood on the service line to receive first and second serves (her prerogative, but against someone who can serve even semi-good, that's suicide), and she kept calling good balls out (maybe she didn't realize that a ball could hit the line. IDK ).

It wasn't just the slowness, it was a combination of things why I was so frustrated with her .

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Lord Choc Ice is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2013, 11:49 AM   #1250
Hot Messes Need Love

Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute

Practiced my serve again today and in the practice situation my second serve was consistent (2 DFs total I think, and I would've had probably 8-10 on Saturday ). I think I rediscovered a good rhythm with my balltoss today though. It's funny how you can sometimes go into autopilot for a while and forget some basics along the way .

I also thought about my match on Saturday and how I stood a bit closer to receive serves (after a while) and thought "why didn't I do that in earlier matches? ". I've always stood back on the baseline to receive even when my opponent's serve hasn't been good and haven't really changed my position to receive a second serve. Stupid me . I could've taken advantage of weak serves a lot better.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Old Mar 11th, 2013, 03:16 PM   #1251
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute

Played 4 doubles timed matches yesterday, at 30 minutes you had to stop and move on to the next match up.

The first match we were tied at 4-4, second match won 6-2, third match won 6-2, and fourth match tied at 3-3. It was a time sensitive format and felt a little rushed, but it was fun 'cus you got to play against everyone.
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 10:48 AM   #1252
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Lost both doubles matches. Doubles MUG.
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 08:13 PM   #1253
country flag The Bulldog

The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops Maellard View Post
Apart from that how's the results?

I admit against many players I probably would've lost again Saturday. I served great in my Thursday practice match and didn't practice my serve Friday and it was consequently shit .
Results are pretty good, actually. It's more the level of play I'm worried about, especially on my forehand, where there's absolutely no penetration. It lacks power and the accuracy is wayward enough to force me to have to play quite central on it. It amuses me a lot when I run around it to hit a backhand, which is my superior wing.

A win is a win, and with the confidence you'll record plenty more soon.
The Bulldog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 07:20 AM   #1254
Hot Messes Need Love

Played the cousin in practice match again. It was almost a mirror of last week except this time I lost (6-2 3-6 (3-7)). Second set lapse again. In the TB I had 2-0, but then he got a let-cord and I only won one more point after that . It's a little annoying 'cause near the end of set 2 his string broke and he had to borrow a spare racket of mine that didn't seem to suit him as much. I couldn't take advantage .

First set was good from me though. I like HC much more than the artificial grass I have to play on at the clubs. I can play big shots on HC with a lot of control but often lack the same control on grass. Oh well . Looking forward to tomorrow. I'm coming into it with a win from last week so I'm not feeling as nervous about it .

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 10:55 AM   #1255
country flag hessie

hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold

My team is in a semi final tomorrow.. And I'm one of our nominated singles players, despite not having won a singles match since November 2011. We finished 4th and are playing the top team.. Hope my finals singles record stands up.. I've never been beaten in a finals match.

TT D: 79. (High:18) 2014: (MD:29-29)(Q:1-5). Overall -(160-156).
Titles: 5. (2012: Versmold, Poitiers. 2013: Dothan, St. Petersburg. 2014: Poitiers)
Grand Slams: AUS: 3rd (R/UP), RG: 3rd (2nd), WIM: 1st (1st), US: 1st (1st)
hessie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 10:48 AM   #1256
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Today was semifinals, our team lost I won my singles 63 62 but lost doubles 63. Doubles was terrible, I can't believe I was on a doubles streak before, I'm useless at the net and baseline..
Singles was a bit better, but it rained a few times but we had to keep playing in the rain
I only needed 2 MPs and didn't choke Hit many winners, opponent couldn't return for shit.

ZARINA DIYAS. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GÖRGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. OLIVIA TJANDRAMULIA.
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 10:52 AM   #1257
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Won 7-5 6-2 today. Just epically bad. Really bad. Just. Ugh.

New racquet is amazing though so yay!

Maria Sharapova
Vania King|Zarina Diyas
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 10:57 AM   #1258
country flag Yoncé
On His Mouth Like Liquor

Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
Won 7-5 6-2 today. Just epically bad. Really bad. Just. Ugh.

New racquet is amazing though so yay!
snatching them wigs playing bad, what a bloody champ!

I hate how good that racquet is just because of it's connotations
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 12:19 PM   #1259
country flag hessie

hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold

my teams semi final was washed out today.. were losing the doubles 1-6 1-0 .. have to go back tomorrow to hopefully finish.

TT D: 79. (High:18) 2014: (MD:29-29)(Q:1-5). Overall -(160-156).
Titles: 5. (2012: Versmold, Poitiers. 2013: Dothan, St. Petersburg. 2014: Poitiers)
Grand Slams: AUS: 3rd (R/UP), RG: 3rd (2nd), WIM: 1st (1st), US: 1st (1st)
hessie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 01:04 PM   #1260
Hot Messes Need Love

Another bad day today to add to the pile . I lost 1 & 1 (I've still never been double bagelled yay!). This time I faced a full-grown man. He was solid but as usual I should've done better. I made a lot of errors. I couldn't hit through the guy. My only normal groundstroke winner was a fucking passing shot. On the bright side, I hit a perfect forehand dropshot one point - the best shot I've ever hit by far . And another good backhand lob later on. Just to remind myself that I'm not without talent .

But when you can remember one by one every good shot you played 'cause there were so few, that's actually very bad . I don't even know what to do any more. My win last weekend was over someone really awful. It doesn't count for me.

I'll start with trying to calm down while playing (my attitude for a while now has been angry Murray on steroids due to frustration at how bad I'm doing). Maybe that'll help. But God . I never wanted to become one of those bitchy players. That's depressing .

Soon this awful interclub season will end and I'll be able to get some coaching and lessons again. Can't wait *sigh*. I'm so close to saying 'fuck it'. Tennis is lucky I'm on a weight-loss mission. Nah, I'll at least try to tweak my serve (it has no consistency) and give not-too-distant coaching sessions an honest go.

Almost forgot to mention doubles. I don't think I have to though. I was so sad how singles went that I damn near tanked again.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra

Last edited by Lord Choc Ice : Mar 16th, 2013 at 01:24 PM.