Your tennis results?! - Page 82 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 1st, 2013, 06:47 AM   #1216
country flag Lord Choc Ice
Hot Messes Need Love

Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Your tennis results?!

Tomorrow will be the day I snap my losing streak . Nah. I don't know. But my last couple of practices have gone really well where serving's concerned. I had one last one tonight, and I was serving some pretty fast ones. I wish I had a speed gun.

I'm also trying this new thing where I don't swing so big on the return (at least not on first serve) and try to time it better instead. It's partly how the second set last Saturday wasn't so embarrassing as the first - I was getting more returns in, but my serve was awful last week. My serve's better now, so fingers crossed .

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Lord Choc Ice is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 12:38 AM   #1217
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute

First match of the year 4-6 4-6
Silas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 03:07 AM   #1218
country flag Yoncé
On His Mouth Like Liquor

Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute

Won 7-6(13) such a tight match. The guy had a MP at 5*-4 and I hit an amazing shot to save it it was like a squash shot slice forehand that I hit on my FH from out side the tramlines and I pretty much ended up in the splits
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 07:57 AM   #1219
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Today i won 60 62 and doubles 64.
In doubles i was completely useless....
In singles i didnt have to do much. My winner/ue ratio was something like 6/12 and his was like 7/40
During the whole match he didnt give a damn and was ball bashing on every point. There was a game where he got 4 GOAT serves in though but that was it

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

ZARINA DIYAS. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GÖRGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. OLIVIA TJANDRAMULIA.
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 08:52 AM   #1220
country flag Yoncé
On His Mouth Like Liquor

Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute

Was down 4*-5 today when I rolled my ankle, tore 3 ligaments. Moon boot for 4-6 weeks. Fun!!
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 09:16 AM   #1221
country flag Lord Choc Ice
Hot Messes Need Love

Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute

Today was just awful . I played a girl for the first time in my interclub matches, and TBH she wasn't any better or worse (including serve) than the other boys I've faced. I figure the score would've been more or less the same against another boy. I lost 5-7 4-6. 0-5 in singles and doubles now.

I just could not blast my first serve today like I did in practice yesterday though not for lack of trying. It's just that they always ended up in the net. If I had any sort of functioning brain I would've stopped trying as clearly it wasn't going to work today (except a few times). But that's me for you .

First set was pretty even. It wasn't until 5-6 in the first she decided to hit a few annoyingly good returns and break for the set (though one of them was lucky IIRC). She took me by surprise that game as for most of it, like most club players I've faced (and still lost to, granted) she was just kinda pushing it. I actually had break points at 4-4 in the second. On one of them, the bitch robbed me. A ball hit the sideline and she called it out. At the time I wasn't too pissed because it wasn't my only BP, but I let her off the hook and I lost my next game and the match.

Apart from my low serve %, I didn't stay disciplined enough on the return, and as usual I missed way too many. I always gift my opponents easy games with returns I hit out due to going for too much. Stupid as it may be to insult the game of the ones that beat you, crappy club-level serves are just too tempting to take a big violent swing at .

The good things were the odd occasion I did manage to blast the serve I got some service winners that were basically aces (and one proper ace). I've never really had that before, so my serve's on the right track even though it didn't work as well today. Also, the down the line forehand (on the ad side as I'm a lefty) is a shot I struggle with and rarely hit, but I hit 2 or 3 beauties on that side today which resulted in forced errors. I hit quite a few winners today overall (obviously a lot of errors too, but we're focusing on the good stuff this paragraph )

But then, I lost doubles 2-9. I was so angry after singles due to my characteristic brainlessness and being robbed on that crucial point that I absolutely tanked doubles. That's never happened before. Even though I've been disappointed after losing singles and took a while to get into it, I've always at least tried in doubles as well. I don't know if that means anything, but it was the first time I just didn't care and tanked a match. My partner was also quite useless but that didn't affect my tankage.

I think it's a sign that I need to sort my shit out soon and win a match before I start tanking singles too and ultimately giving up .

Hindsight is great, but I wish I could realize these things during a match and not after I swear to God I must be the worst player with weapons on the planet.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Lord Choc Ice is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 09:40 AM   #1222
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reephoria. View Post
Was down 4*-5 today when I rolled my ankle, tore 3 ligaments. Moon boot for 4-6 weeks. Fun!!

ZARINA DIYAS. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GÖRGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. OLIVIA TJANDRAMULIA.
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 12:28 PM   #1223
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future

Got a nice win today 6-3,6-2

It was closer than the scoreline suggests. I just played better on the big points
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 09:43 PM   #1224
country flag Domo19

Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold

Today 1st round of Qualies and win: 6/0 6/1 9 aces and 5 DF's
Domo19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 10:40 PM   #1225
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

Played 1 practice set, won 64 but my serve is such a joke and it's sad because for about two weeks there, in the middle of January, it was actually a great asset that I could rely on, and then it went missing and now it's all off and strangely timed and just

I love playing this girl, though, because she gives me a lot of low, flat forehands, and I love it.

Oh, I ran off the court to retrieve a backhand when I was in pusher mode at 3-4*, and I slid and fell into the net that divides the courts
petra

maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 10:57 PM   #1226
country flag SloaneStephens

SloaneStephens is a glorious beacon of light SloaneStephens is a glorious beacon of light SloaneStephens is a glorious beacon of light SloaneStephens is a glorious beacon of light SloaneStephens is a glorious beacon of light SloaneStephens is a glorious beacon of light SloaneStephens is a glorious beacon of light SloaneStephens is a glorious beacon of light SloaneStephens is a glorious beacon of light SloaneStephens is a glorious beacon of light SloaneStephens is a glorious beacon of light

Won a tournament today.

R1: 6-2 6-1
R2: 6-0 6-0
R3: 6-0 6-0
R4: 6-1 5-1 retired
QF: 7-5 6-4 (He had a 5-0 winning head to head against me)
SF: W/O
F: 1-6 6-1 6-1 (Both payed so well, had some tough points go my way).
SloaneStephens is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 02:48 AM   #1227
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloaneStephens View Post
Won a tournament today.

R1: 6-2 6-1
R2: 6-0 6-0
R3: 6-0 6-0
R4: 6-1 5-1 retired
QF: 7-5 6-4 (He had a 5-0 winning head to head against me)
SF: W/O
F: 1-6 6-1 6-1 (Both payed so well, had some tough points go my way).
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 04:00 PM   #1228
country flag SloaneStephens

SloaneStephens is a glorious beacon of light SloaneStephens is a glorious beacon of light SloaneStephens is a glorious beacon of light SloaneStephens is a glorious beacon of light SloaneStephens is a glorious beacon of light SloaneStephens is a glorious beacon of light SloaneStephens is a glorious beacon of light SloaneStephens is a glorious beacon of light SloaneStephens is a glorious beacon of light SloaneStephens is a glorious beacon of light SloaneStephens is a glorious beacon of light

After my tournament win yesterday I was LE (Late Entrant) into our Local Junior Tennis Tour Finals, an event that was supposed to be held last November to coincide with the WTF. I was given seed #10 and am now through to the Final Stages (SF and F) which will be over the next three weekends.

My passage through to the SF:

R1: Defeated the 12th seed - 6-4 6-1, Served 7 aces and 6 DF's.
R2: Defeated the 1st seed (my first win over him) - 6-3 7-6 (9) Served 8 aces and no double faults. He served 15 DF's over the duration of the match.

SF - #10 (me) vs. #16 - He had a fabulous 3 setter in the second round against the 3rd seed who I am friends with. I believe he won 6-4 2-6 6-3.

F - #2 vs. #9 - Seed 9 beat the 4th seed and 6th in two tough three setters. I actually have a tied H2H vs the 2nd seed and have a huge 8-0 H2H vs the 9th. My last meeting with No 2 was oddly yesterday where I demolished him 6-2 6-1 in the first round.
SloaneStephens is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 07:08 PM   #1229
country flag The Bulldog

The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of

Yesterday I won my league singles match 6-7 7-5 6-2. Easy, once I worked out how to return his serve. Lost the doubles 7-5 3-6 [6-10] which was disappointing to say the least.

Today I played my club's spring tournament first round and won 7-6 6-3. Not my best day, but enough to win.
The Bulldog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 08:04 PM   #1230
country flag GOATdin0931

GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

My season starts soon, gotta get into shape! (not that I'm really out of shape though ) Anyone have any good routine ideas on how to gain lean muscles? Thanks
GOATdin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote