Your tennis results?! - Page 70 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 17th, 2012, 11:58 AM   #1036
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Your tennis results?!

Had an epic tank on Sunday, and our team lost their first match all season. That's what I get for going to brainless ball basher as my plans A, B, and C.
Advertisement

Old Jul 18th, 2012, 10:29 PM   #1037
country flag igralec33

igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute

6-3, 6-0, 7-6(2) today. Played really well in first 2 sets. Actually it could have been 2 bagels ... lead 5-0*, 30-15 (in first set) but couldn't take chance. And 3rd set was disaster! Was down *0-5, 15-30 but somehow made a comeback. Don't know how though. Really my best comeback ever.
Old Aug 5th, 2012, 08:37 AM   #1038
country flag joe87

joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute

Played a tournament in Germany yesterday

1st match was some huge piece of shit. I broke the strings from both of my rackets at the warm up, so I had to play the full match with my broken racket. I even managed to win a game, but of course lost 1-6 0-6 The sadest fact about the match is that it would have been definitly winnable He had a good forehand and a nice slice-serve but the rest wasn't good at all...

Luckily the tournament had stringing service, so I had a new racket for my second match. Opponent was much better of course. He had a fast serve and was a total ballbasher which I hate to play against... lost 0-6 3-6 but I'm still happy with my play in the second set. Hit some awesome return and forehand winners. But still have to work a lot on my backhand and serve.
Suicide Tennis: Rank: #15 Highest: #2
Titles: 2007 Bad Gastein, 2008 US Open, 2009 Sydney, Miami, YEC Doha 2010 Dubai, Budapest, Prague 2011 Brussels 2013 Strasbourg
Tennis Tipping: Rank: #34 Highest: #1 Doubles: Rank: #38 Highest: #1
Titles S: 2009 ITF Dubai 2010 Bad Gastein, Tashkent 2011 Sydney, ITF Nassau, ITF Alphen, Seoul 2012 ITF Civitavecchia, Wimbledon, Carlsbad
Titles D: 2009 5x ITF 2010 Fes, Rome, Tokyo, YEC Doha 2011 ITF Monzon, Baku, Seoul 2012 Paris, Taipei, ITF Pune 2013 4x ITF, Charleston, Nürnberg
joe87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2012, 11:53 AM   #1039
country flag Grigorpova

Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of

Well today was a total shitfest and I now have a easy way of beating my friend, I can't believe he's sponsored and ranked in juniors and has made finals of White tournaments especially after his play today. I normally play like a Sharapova, bashing a ball wherever I can however I knew with the wind that would just miserably fail so I played like a major pusher and because my friend is also kind of a pusher when people push him he gets crushed mentally because he has no real weapons, his serve is weak, forehand and backhand are just average, he can volley well and if anything his lob is his weapon..

So we held both our serves to 6-6 before I managed to cruise through the tiebreaker 7-4, I played the worst that set, I couldn't jump for my serve so I was serving like Errani on a bad day but of course I just pushed him and eventually he made the error and the rare winner.

Second set, easy, hit 2 aces in the first game, managed to hit a few backhand winners which is terribly rare for me and produced a few beautiful dropshots, was about to bagel him but he put me off when in rage he hit the ball over the fence, which ultimately just pissed me off and I even told him to stop being a brat. He won that game, I won my serve, he won his serve and I held again to take the set 6-2.

Last set, he gave up after I broke him twice. Again I hit some nice winners, especially off the forehand return I probably hit 5+ winners just off forehand returns from his serve. My serve crumbled a bit however I just directed it in good place and sliced it and he either hit it out or just made it harder for himself by trying to produce topspin and most of the time putting it low. Last two games he cracked the shits again, threw his racquet twice, I hoped they'd break because he was just being a complete bad sport. Match point I hit a perfect forehand winner down the line that not even Serena could get

Shaking of hands was weird, he had his head down because he knew I was pissed off at him. Final score 7-6, 6-2, 6-1. I think I hit more winners then unforced errors, take one or two.
Grigorpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 03:55 PM   #1040
country flag joe87

joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute

Another LK-tournament in Germany today AND... I scored my first win on German ground

1st match: lost 4-6 1-6
I was up 4-2 but then my opponent figured out that pushing is the key... He nearly pushed everything to my backhand and waited till I errored from there. My backhand was better than last week but still not good enough.

2nd match: won 6-0 6-2
It wasn't that easy as the score says, had a lot of deuce games. My opponent made tons of errors so I mostly only tried to get the ball back into good position. Also hit a few awesome winners at the end
Titles: 2007 Bad Gastein, 2008 US Open, 2009 Sydney, Miami, YEC Doha 2010 Dubai, Budapest, Prague 2011 Brussels 2013 Strasbourg
Titles S: 2009 ITF Dubai 2010 Bad Gastein, Tashkent 2011 Sydney, ITF Nassau, ITF Alphen, Seoul 2012 ITF Civitavecchia, Wimbledon, Carlsbad
Titles D: 2009 5x ITF 2010 Fes, Rome, Tokyo, YEC Doha 2011 ITF Monzon, Baku, Seoul 2012 Paris, Taipei, ITF Pune 2013 4x ITF, Charleston, Nürnberg
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 04:31 PM   #1041
country flag matthias
Gaspa's Hubby

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe87 View Post
Another LK-tournament in Germany today AND... I scored my first win on German ground

1st match: lost 4-6 1-6
I was up 4-2 but then my opponent figured out that pushing is the key... He nearly pushed everything to my backhand and waited till I errored from there. My backhand was better than last week but still not good enough.

2nd match: won 6-0 6-2
It wasn't that easy as the score says, had a lot of deuce games. My opponent made tons of errors so I mostly only tried to get the ball back into good position. Also hit a few awesome winners at the end

Was your opponent a higher LK then you?

Hopefully, then you would get a few good points
matthias is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 04:51 PM   #1042
country flag joe87

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthias View Post
Was your opponent a higher LK then you?

Hopefully, then you would get a few good points
Nope, he was 23 aswell. But doesn't matter anyway as I will never score enough points to reach 22 till end of September
I'm going for it in the next season, will play my first full season including indoors
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 06:10 PM   #1043
country flag matthias
Gaspa's Hubby

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe87 View Post
Nope, he was 23 aswell. But doesn't matter anyway as I will never score enough points to reach 22 till end of September
I'm going for it in the next season, will play my first full season including indoors

Hope you can score some more good results
matthias is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2012, 01:45 AM   #1044
country flag Joey Darling

Joey Darling is a splendid one to behold Joey Darling is a splendid one to behold Joey Darling is a splendid one to behold Joey Darling is a splendid one to behold Joey Darling is a splendid one to behold Joey Darling is a splendid one to behold Joey Darling is a splendid one to behold Joey Darling is a splendid one to behold Joey Darling is a splendid one to behold Joey Darling is a splendid one to behold Joey Darling is a splendid one to behold

I played for the first time in nearly two years the other day after my injuries, on the new courts for the HS I graduated from. Just for fun, with a friend, and we played five sets over a span of about four hours with multiple rest breaks in-between sets (sometimes games) to deal with this Georgia heat. It was an interesting and fun experience, with the final score being 1-6, 6-3, 6-4, 0-6, 2-6. She won (yes, I said she), and the sets that I lost were not competitive (as you can see). We hadn't hung out in a while, so it was interesting for our first hangout to be across the net. Some good laughs, some cursing... Overall, I enjoyed. I'll never play competitively again, but I will still play a match or two with good friends.

Serve was GOAT at moments, and pure shit in others. I had the "Boom Boom Bine" power going in my finest moments, and made some shit shot decisions in others. Probably had at least 50 errors. Overall, I'm all smiles.
Joey Darling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 09:41 PM   #1045
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

It suprises me at how many of you play best of 5 sets.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 07:27 PM   #1046
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute

Just returned from the USTA Middle States Section Championships, I play in a 3.5 team. Out of 25 matches our team played, we only won 4 ...but...it was 4 more than last year's team from our division, so hurray!
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 08:15 PM   #1047
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

I just started to hit the ball again after a 1/2 year hiatus (due to a nasty tendinitis), felt much better than I had expected.

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 10:26 AM   #1048
country flag MarkNL

MarkNL has a brilliant future MarkNL has a brilliant future MarkNL has a brilliant future MarkNL has a brilliant future MarkNL has a brilliant future MarkNL has a brilliant future MarkNL has a brilliant future MarkNL has a brilliant future MarkNL has a brilliant future MarkNL has a brilliant future MarkNL has a brilliant future

I defeated my brother last monday 62 75, beat him for the first time
#1 Mayo Hibi - Current Player: Stéphanie Dubois (CAN) - #2 Daria Gavrilova (RUS)
Arvidsson - Stosur - Lisicki - King - Pironkova - Nara - Krajicek and the Dutch Squad - Giorgi - Gajdosova - Ishizu - Rezai - Diatchenko - Wozniak
MarkNL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 04:51 AM   #1049
country flag Trey

Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future

I played My Cousin two weeks ago I won 62 60
Trey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 03:18 AM   #1050
country flag the jamierbelyea
I did it for the aesthetics.

the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute

Playing my first tournament in a year at a 4.0 next weekend on Green Clay. Have another 4.0 plus mixed doubles event on Red Clay the following week.

Then hope to stick to 4.5 once we get back indoors.
the jamierbelyea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote