Your tennis results?! - Page 69 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 24th, 2012, 10:32 PM   #1021
country flag flareon

flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Your tennis results?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reephoria. View Post
I'm never nervous Except I kind of was today, but it was more flustered than ervous The guy I played was so hot and it distracted my play I was down 1-6 1-4 when I realized there was no other option than to become very serious and aggressive try not to stare and drool over look at him. But I lost anyway 1-6 6-4 5-7. He tried to make conversation at the change of ends but I struggled to formate words, let alone sentences
I like this story.
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: 1/2 Kuala Lumpur Singles,Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=),F Istanbul 50kDW/Phil=)
flareon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 29th, 2012, 12:50 PM   #1022
country flag MarkNL

MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute

I played today (indoors), but my serve went to shit. Seriously, I somehow forgot to get the 1st serve in. (Yeah, I know Serena said that about her match against Makarova at AO) Well, that happened to me. I double faulted like 12 times, and hit 1 ace. (from the ad court down the T)
#1 Mayo Hibi - Current Player: Stéphanie Dubois (CAN) - #2 Daria Gavrilova (RUS)
Arvidsson - Stosur - Lisicki - Pironkova - Nara - Krajicek - Bertens - Rus - Hogenkamp - Schoofs - Kerkhove - Burger - Giorgi - Gajdosova - Ishizu - Rezai - Diatchenko
MarkNL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 07:07 PM   #1023
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

We had our second interclub match today. We won 9-0 again but conditions were close to irregular... We had thunderstorms last night and the rain didn't stop this morning when we got to the courts at 9.40 AM. It did stop a couple times only to start raining again... A friend and me were up first and conditions were at its worst around then. We did leave the court ao couple times but then decided to finish the match despite pouring rain... I won in a match tiebreak but I don't think I would have lost a set under normal conditions. It was impossible to slide, so both of us tried to wrongfoot the other player, and I tried to use many drop shots that usually didn't bounce anymore. Very weird day and no fun to play. Doubles was good after that (6-1 6-0).
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 08:39 PM   #1024
country flag joe87

joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm playing a tournament in the moment, it is Round Robin and the K.O.

Won my first match today 4-6 6-3 11-9 MTB

Came back from 4-7 in that MTB Really amazing and close match with a lot of deuces And the insane stats: I didn't hit a single DF and ended the match with a winner

Next two matches tomorrow, so hopefully I can qualify for the 1/8 final with a first win in the bag.
Suicide Tennis: Rank: #19 Highest: #2
Titles: 2007 Bad Gastein, 2008 US Open, 2009 Sydney, Miami, YEC Doha 2010 Dubai, Budapest, Prague 2011 Brussels 2013 Strasbourg
Tennis Tipping: Rank: #30 Highest: #1 Doubles: Rank: #59 Highest: #1
Titles S: 2009 ITF Dubai 2010 Bad Gastein, Tashkent 2011 Sydney, ITF Nassau, ITF Alphen, Seoul 2012 ITF Civitavecchia, Wimbledon, Carlsbad
Titles D: 2009 5x ITF 2010 Fes, Rome, Tokyo, YEC Doha 2011 ITF Monzon, Baku, Seoul 2012 Paris, Taipei, ITF Pune 2013 4x ITF, Charleston, Nürnberg
joe87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #1025
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has disabled reputation

Well done Joe
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 07:34 PM   #1026
country flag A Magicman

A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute

I did it. I finally did it.

6-4, 7-5 and I did not choke it away. Though I tried really hard in the middle of both sets.

I was down 3-4 in the first from 3-1 and 1-3 in the 2nd when we had a long game on his serve wih about 10 deuces and at least 5 game points on his side for 1-4. But this time, I pulled it through, I regrouped, I stopped being nervous during the entire match and well.... I am kinda happy. Too many unforced errors, when I started playing for the audience, but that can be cut down in the future...

We won 6-0 as a team after having lost 3x 0-6 and 2x 1-5.

Unfortunately, the season is over now.

and a reminiscence to the past:
HELEN KELESI FOREVER
Hater of Ratwanska & Wozniacki
A Magicman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 08:31 PM   #1027
country flag joe87

joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute

Continued with 2 more matches in the tournament.

2. Match: There was a huge wind coming already in the first game. It didn't take long till rain came too. We got moved indoors. First I thought I coldn't handle the surface, but it was fitting my game totally after a few strokes. Won 6-3 6-4 and didn't lose my serve in the whole match. My tactics worked awsome, hit a short ball so he had to come to the net - and then passing shot. He absolutely had no volley Anyway it was extremly hot in there, never played on such high temperature before...

3. Match was outdoor again as the weather got better again. I started ok but then my forehand went totally off so I only moonballpushed everything back So a deserved loss in the end: 5-7 4-6

The most incredible stat is that I didn't hit a single DF during all these 3 matches

Have to wait now for my opponent in the 1/8-final, most likely it will be played on Tuesday.
Titles: 2007 Bad Gastein, 2008 US Open, 2009 Sydney, Miami, YEC Doha 2010 Dubai, Budapest, Prague 2011 Brussels 2013 Strasbourg
Titles S: 2009 ITF Dubai 2010 Bad Gastein, Tashkent 2011 Sydney, ITF Nassau, ITF Alphen, Seoul 2012 ITF Civitavecchia, Wimbledon, Carlsbad
Titles D: 2009 5x ITF 2010 Fes, Rome, Tokyo, YEC Doha 2011 ITF Monzon, Baku, Seoul 2012 Paris, Taipei, ITF Pune 2013 4x ITF, Charleston, Nürnberg
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 08:41 PM   #1028
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has disabled reputation

okay, as i left for the tie it was raining heavy, and so i didn´t expect to play at all, or to have a very long day at the courts
durring our drive the rain stopped, and as we arrived at the venue there was still a women team playing, her tie was re-scheduled after heavy rain last weekend
to watch the women play was epic, specially the one match, both women accused the other to cheat and to call balls out all the time who aren´t out.
was Epic stuff to watch them, it ended in a matchtiebreak 13:11, but the other girl wasted a 9-7 laed and din´t called a ball out that was really out this time.
really GOAT stuff to watch.

they had 6 courts, 4 grey clay courts, and 2 red clay courts, the women tie was played on the 4 grey courts, and after the singles
they started on 3 courts, and so 1 grey and the 2 red clay courts have been ready for us.
usually we should have refused to play on the red clay courts, because the court was not in good contition, and the net was for sure 10cm lower then the rules are saying, but we started anyway.
my team was down 1:2 as i had to start, and thanks god the women tie was already over and so i got a grey clay court.
i started well, he turned out to be a pusher at it´s best, but i played smart left right, and forced him into errors for a 5:2 lead.
but then he reduced his errors even more, and always when i tried to hit a winner he got the ball back, over and over again,
the end was mostly a error of me. and so i totally lost the lead and was down 5:6.
Then my TeamCaptain , who is also one of my best friends, came into the court and told me
"i want you to make nothing now, don´t go for the lines, don´t go for the winner, just hit back. he can´t hurt you with your, and i wanna see what he is doing then because you gifted him the last 4 games with your errors"

then the changeover was over and my opponent said to my friend/TeamCaptain
"are you gonna stay in here?"
and he then
"yes, i will stay on the bench"
and my opponent again
"is this allowed? i feeld distracted by you"
and then my Friend/TC
"tahts why i stay"
then he called his captain and asked if he is really allowed to stay on the bench, but then he had to accept it
but he was really pissed.
From this changeover on the match turned into the biggest Pushfestival ever.
And i finally won a game again to reach the tiebreak. i won the Tiebreak also with 7:5
my opponent was even more pissed at this time, still about my friend on the bench, and also about his wasted energy.
at the beginning of the 2nd he tried to go for the winner but failed completly, and so i had a fast 3:0 lead.
And then the epic rallies started again, many rallies i had to hit more then 20 shots. i held my lead and so i was up 5:2.
but then i was a bit too passive, and so he came back to 5:4
but then i finally served it out with some more offensive shots finally again.
the macth ended 7:6(5) 6:4 and lasted more then 2,5 hours

unfortunally my team was down 2:4 and so we had to win all doubles,
i played with our #1 player again.
at the beginning our opponents painted the lines a lot, and so we´ve been down fast 0:3
but from this moment on we got stronger and stronger and won 12 games in a row for a very great 6:3 6:0 victory
was my best doubles match this year for sure

but we lost the two other doubles and so the tie with 3:6

and i have to say today the first time in my life my opponent cheated on me, at least 3 times he called balls out that hit the line
once he said "i haven´t seen it, and so i called it out"
Old Jul 9th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #1029
country flag Grigorpova

Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of

Played the other day, lost 6-4 7-5 2-6 5-7 6-4. I hit about 3 aces, possibly over twenty-five winners and only 2 DFs, I lost because the guy turned to pusher mode and was just waiting for my errors which eventually come (need to work on that).

Playing a White/Orange AMT in a couple of weeks in singles and doubles.
Grigorpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 03:19 AM   #1030
country flag JohnCaprice

JohnCaprice is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Re: Your tennis results?!

My Tennis results started to be very unpredictable as opponent is so balanced with me, and often tie break solves winner. That is why I would be very thankful if you can provide me tips so that I can have competitive edge. I put some effort to setup common situations that I am having problem with- making good decision where to put ball.
Please take a look at these 5 images and let me know what do you think it would be best for me to do.
Little intro: I am faster and more long term running capable player, tho something smaller player then my opponent. He is overweight for his height, with almost 220pounds but somehow not clumsy but not someone who likes to run long term on court. We both are something between amateur and passionate players.

1)This is most common situation when we develop game. I am attacking and this can last for like 20 shots. Where should I hit ball to make my situation better instead of wasting energy on this long points?

2) My opponent 2nd serve. Real balloon, almost for smashing like you smash lobs. I dont know how to take advantage of that "easy" ball and what kind of shot do you recommend?

3) My opponent 2nd serve to my back hand side. Same as before, I feel that there is big chance but all I do for now is wait bounce to come down and hit hard on center but I am not taking advantage of that opportunity as points keep going and going.

4)Same but just different angle. Please see and let me know where to hit ball. Deep or slice or on angle? What would you do here once ball is almost over your head on your opponent 2nd serve, baloon like.

5)Same but with bird point of view. You can see where my opponent stand just after he serves baloon and waits me to hit it.

What is in general good tactics against middle terrain campers that have somehow weaker back end then their forehand.

Thanks on tips and I am really counting on you guys!
JohnCaprice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 09:07 AM   #1031
country flag igralec33

igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute

Won yesterday 6-2, 6-3, 7-5 against friend. Really didn't play my best tennis but made great comeback in last set. I was down 1-4, 15-40 on my opponents serve but somehow managed to level to 4-4, lost my service game for 4-5 but won next 3 games and match. Really didn't play well, so many errors. Disgusting. I have feeling I'm playing worse and worse everytime.
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 02:15 PM   #1032
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute

My two most recent matches were losses, sadly.

the first was a 2.5 hour indoor match in 95 degree weather: 7-6 2-6 6-7 (5-7) but I did save seven matchpoints in that third set.

the second was a 2 hour 3-6 3-6 match that was INSANELY close. it was against a friend who I have yet to beat, but I am encouraged by how I have been making progress.

...my 2012 singles record is 8-6 and doubles 3-2.
charmedRic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 08:29 PM   #1033
country flag joe87

My tournament came to an end today...

Lost 2-6 0-6

Could level it till 2-2 but then my opponent discovered my weak backhand and played 95% of the balls into my backhandcorner... Had a few good serves but that wasn't enough
Old Jul 16th, 2012, 04:29 PM   #1034
country flag Callistox45

Callistox45 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone new here!
Callistox45 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2012, 05:52 PM   #1035
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future

Played a friend the other day. Won in straight sets 6-1,6-1,6-4. Haven't lost a singles match i have played But i'm rubbish at doubles.

My serve was completely off. Thats what seperates me from my mates mostly, but i sucked that day
nazzac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote