Your tennis results?! - Page 66 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 21st, 2012, 02:45 AM   #976
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Your tennis results?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Ive won both of my matches this summer (play very limited due to weather and school, just a couple months in summer usually). One was 6-3 7-6, the other was 6-2 7-6.

I'm pretty awful I think; my forehand is a straight-armed super push, or a full body swing like Rafa (and then it only lands in half the time). Backhand is much more solid, but I hit everything to the centre of the court. My serve is literally me tapping the ball into the court, making Pin look like Serena. I rush to the net a lot, just cuz I think its fun - I get lobbed a lot, but hit a fair amount of volley winners actually.

Only thing more fun than playing, is making fun of yourself.
In my case, they're one and the same.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 24th, 2012, 11:41 PM   #977
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

I just lost 0-6, 1-6 to a guy I had NO BUSINESS losing to. He was a Pusher with a capital P, and I let him push me right off the court. I thought I could just blast my way through his softballs, but it was unforced error after unforced error after unforced error. I need your help her, fellow TFers: how do I beat someone who gives me no pace?
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 01:01 PM   #978
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh, you try and be consistent. Try and rally, be the pusher yourself. If you cannot do that, just try until you out rally him and over hit him until you get an easy put away. Also try mixing the pace up, hit a few slices, drop shots, ect.

ZARINA DIYAS. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GOERGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. DESTANEE AIAVA.
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #979
country flag Yoncé
On His Mouth Like Liquor

Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute

Played so terribly today! It was like I was going through some vs. Makrarova teas totally pushed all the way, except for when I was down MPs when I just smashed everything and hoped for the best Movement was completely terrible, probably the worst I ever have moved I had been played pretty well and kind of consistently all year, before today my worst loss in club comp for the year had been 5-7 3-6 and I was having some really good wins, today everything fell apart, felt so awkward on court and lost 3-6 2-6. I broke in the opening game of the 2nd but then lost the next three games to love, I was so disinterested and just played so bad Hopefully this was just a one week slump I going to partly blame the balls because they were heavier than what we normally use, they were like what the balls get like when they are wet just heavy and hard to hit, they were nearly as bad as my performance
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:19 PM   #980
country flag joe87

joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute

Played a tournament in Germany last Monday.

1st match: lost 1-6 1-6
My opponent was just to good, tried to annoy him with moonballs and dropshots but it didn't work out.

2nd match: lost 2-6 4-6
that one was way better, but still not the level I can play usually. My racket broke at the warum up, so I had to use a new one which I never played before. My opponennt had a freaking serve, hitting tons of aces but als a lot of df's At the end he told me he has a freaking bad forehand, but I didn't figure it out during the match The match lasted 2 hours, so a real marathon

Next tournament in one week, hope I finally can do as well as in practise
Suicide Tennis: Rank: #22 Highest: #2
Titles: 2007 Bad Gastein, 2008 US Open, 2009 Sydney, Miami, YEC Doha 2010 Dubai, Budapest, Prague 2011 Brussels 2013 Strasbourg
Tennis Tipping: Rank: #34 Highest: #1 Doubles: Rank: #38 Highest: #1
Titles S: 2009 ITF Dubai 2010 Bad Gastein, Tashkent 2011 Sydney, ITF Nassau, ITF Alphen, Seoul 2012 ITF Civitavecchia, Wimbledon, Carlsbad
Titles D: 2009 5x ITF 2010 Fes, Rome, Tokyo, YEC Doha 2011 ITF Monzon, Baku, Seoul 2012 Paris, Taipei, ITF Pune 2013 4x ITF, Charleston, Nürnberg 2014 ITF Alphen, Tashkent
joe87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 04:27 PM   #981
country flag Adrian.
Let's have a kiki!

Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute

1-6 6-4 11-9

I was down 1-6 *1-3 already what a mess of a match, but my first victory

Lost the first match 1-6 6-3 7-10 I was also down 1-6 1-2*

I'm the happiest person in the world

Adrian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:55 PM   #982
country flag joe87

joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe87 View Post
I'm such a headcase Played a practise set today, was up 4-1 and lost 4-6
Played against him again today and won 7-5 6-4

was down in both sets, 3-5 in the first and 0-2 in the second.

Hit some nice forhand and dropshot winners
Titles: 2007 Bad Gastein, 2008 US Open, 2009 Sydney, Miami, YEC Doha 2010 Dubai, Budapest, Prague 2011 Brussels 2013 Strasbourg
Titles S: 2009 ITF Dubai 2010 Bad Gastein, Tashkent 2011 Sydney, ITF Nassau, ITF Alphen, Seoul 2012 ITF Civitavecchia, Wimbledon, Carlsbad
Titles D: 2009 5x ITF 2010 Fes, Rome, Tokyo, YEC Doha 2011 ITF Monzon, Baku, Seoul 2012 Paris, Taipei, ITF Pune 2013 4x ITF, Charleston, Nürnberg 2014 ITF Alphen, Tashkent
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 07:15 AM   #983
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe87 View Post
Played against him again today and won 7-5 6-4

was down in both sets, 3-5 in the first and 0-2 in the second.

Hit some nice forhand and dropshot winners
hmm, lost yesterday 6-1 5-7 1-6
Led 6-1 5-3 Lost like 9 games in a row, but he gifted me the last game.
15 DF.

Old Jun 4th, 2012, 09:32 AM   #984
country flag Adrian.
Let's have a kiki!

Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, I had an hindrance call in the first match

I was totally on fire since some points and I hit an great FH CC and thought he never will reach it (but the courts were really slow, so he got the ball) and I shouted like Serena: Cooooooommmeee on
and then I realised he got the ball and it landed back in my court, so I stopped playing, he didn't even know why I stopped but I'm a fair sportsmen and gave him the point

Old Jun 4th, 2012, 12:42 PM   #985
country flag Kəv.

^

Old Jun 7th, 2012, 12:12 PM   #986
country flag joe87

Won 6-1 6-0 yesterday in another practise match.

Started off so bad with my serve but could step up. Great day.
Old Jun 8th, 2012, 10:33 AM   #987
country flag Adrian.
Let's have a kiki!

yesterday, I had my 3rd tournament of the year:

1. Match: 0-6 1-6: Had 40-15 in the first 3 service games and a BP, but instead of leading *3-2 I was down *0-5 In the 2nd set I was playing better, but still couldn't take any chance I got till 0-6 *0-5. I served out to love () and had 30-0* on his serve to lose 4 close points afterwards (But he was way better than me, so it was ok to lose)

2. Match: 4-6 6-7(2) x73874970
what a mess of a match
I was leading *2-1 and 4-2* just to lose the next 5 games to 4-6 *0-1 he was pushing hard and I was messing up all the time. His 2nd serves were even worse than mine, but instead of keeping the ball in play, I netted every return or shot the ball widely into the fence I kept telling myself, to stay calm, but I couldn't
I led *3-2 in the 2nd set as well, just to go down 3-5* and then all of sudden I started to play normal again and won the next 3 games to serve for the set at *6-5, but again, I melted away like ice in the sunshine
the TB was
We had several games, which went to deuce, but one game, the first in the 2nd set, lasted for over 20 minutes we had at least 20 times deuce, I never played such a long game...

Old Jun 8th, 2012, 01:15 PM   #988
country flag Kəv.

Adrian I'm also a headcase.

Old Jun 8th, 2012, 09:55 PM   #989
country flag Domo19

Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold

Last week I played pretty nice tournament:
1st round: 6/0 6/1 - 11 Aces 2 DF's
2nd round: 6/1 6/0 - 9 Aces 0 DF's ... 0 DF's for me is totally

My two first opponents are hmmm totally amators with rich parents who pay them for playing tennis

3rd round: 6/0 6/7(1) 6/2 - 23 Aces 16 DF's (3 in 2nd set TB ) my play was pathetic in this match
QF round: 6/2 6/4 - 7 Aces 5 DF's - nice win against #2 seed
SF round: 5/7 6/3 6/3 - 18 Aces 11 DF's - win against #5 seed
F round: 6/4 5/7 4/6 - 25 Aces 16 DF's - lost to my doubles partner

We both starting playing Futures this year , maybe next year a Challenger my dream

To conclude tournament stats : 93 Aces ( hope for 100 ) and 50 DF's (not so bad )
Domo19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2012, 03:11 AM   #990
country flag Kəv.

Lost 63 57 57

Choking from leading 63 31* and 63 57 *30 had chances at *43 and *54 in the 3rd.