Your tennis results?! - Page 54 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 21st, 2011, 03:29 AM   #796
country flag Moveyourfeet

Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future
Re: Your tennis results?!

Played my 2nd match of a 4.5 league on Monday.
I won 6-3, 6-2. I'm really proud of the way I played and won because this guy is like my kryptonite: He's a lefty (ugh) and counterpuncher/junkballer.

Lots of weird spins, drop shots-lob combos and of course lefty slice.

however I was playing so GOAT-ly it didn't even matter. He made me hit 3 winners per point and I did just that. Hard topspin shots to the sidelines for angles and swinging volley winners were the order of the day. I didn't even know I owned a swinging volley

I served very smartly, hitting a lot of kick serves rather than flat serves because he could block the flat ones back easily but couldn't aggressively deal with the kick.

It also helped that I have lost 12 pounds and gotten much fitter, so I was able to run down all his drop shots and any lobs he hit over me.

It's so great being fit and having my heart rate drop quickly after long points
Moveyourfeet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 02:40 PM   #797
country flag Domo19

Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold

Today I played my first match of indoor season. After initial problems I won : 6/7(4) 6/2 6/3 As always my biggest weapon is serve 23 aces but 9 DF's ;/ hope whole season will be as good
Domo19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 11:51 PM   #798
country flag Adrian.
Let's have a kiki!

Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthias View Post
today i lost with the same Result i won last Friday
2-6 3-6
but i´m still satisfied with the way i played, i went for my stroke, i tried to dominate the points and played offensive
in the first set i felt really tired and i was a bit late and sometimes not in the perfect position, second set it was better and my forehand came better, played some really great forehands down the line, but my friend played better in the second set too, and he was a bit more lucky too, once he broke me with 2 netcord balls, and he hit the line often
but like i said before, i´m still satisfied, it seems like my Game develops into the right direction
Hard hitting pusher?

Adrian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 03:48 AM   #799
country flag Yoncé
On His Mouth Like Liquor

Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute

I played like a billion matches on the weekend

Saturday morning (School tennis) Singles I won 6-3 6-1 but the match went for ages and pretty much every game went to duce except when I was serving at 5-1 in the 2nd and held to love.

In doubles we lost 4 and 3...totally my partners fault

Saturday afternoon (Club) I had to play my singles against this guys that had always beaten me, we played against each other in junior divisions and under age tournaments and I had never won, but I actually did this time so I was pretty happy with my efforts there, and it was probably the best match I had played in ages! I won 9-3

In doubles our match was a marathon and we just lost 6-7 7-5 10-7 in a super tie-break, but I was high quality match from all four of us not mug fest which is a nice improvement.

And today I played club again except in a different competition, this time mixed. I had to play three, best of three matches (2 singles and 1 mixed double) my first single I managed to win 7-5 6-1 the second single was so much harder, but my serve was as flawless as it gets for my standard 7-6 6-7 6-2. In the mixed double we lost 2 and 3 cause my partner and I were both completely stuffed.

Now I am pretty much dead.
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 04:04 PM   #800
country flag Domo19

Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold

I just won the longest and toughest match of ... I think ...my career : 7/6(3) 6/4 0/6 2/6 6/4 some stats : ACES - 29 DF's - 14
Domo19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 05:37 AM   #801
country flag farahnaz783

farahnaz783 is an unknown quantity at this point

its a good forum according to the latest tennis news and views here so thanks for sharing these updates with us in this wonderful forum
farahnaz783 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 03:00 AM   #802
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh I got thrashed by my friend yesterday 1-6 0-6 2-6 2-6. I have a bigger game than him but he makes like 0 errors and always hits good deep returns, even off my better serves.

This was particularly annoying because I'm playing in a tournament this weekend and don't want to get wiped off the court.

We're having a rematch today so here's hoping my forehand actually works today! The annoying thing yesterday was that I served pretty well, my topspin backhand (a work-in-progress) was better than ever and I felt remarkably fit throughout the four sets, but I still got flogged. Wish me luck!
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 09:00 AM   #803
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
Ugh I got thrashed by my friend yesterday 1-6 0-6 2-6 2-6. I have a bigger game than him but he makes like 0 errors and always hits good deep returns, even off my better serves.

This was particularly annoying because I'm playing in a tournament this weekend and don't want to get wiped off the court.

We're having a rematch today so here's hoping my forehand actually works today! The annoying thing yesterday was that I served pretty well, my topspin backhand (a work-in-progress) was better than ever and I felt remarkably fit throughout the four sets, but I still got flogged. Wish me luck!
Where is the tournament you are playing?
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 12:06 PM   #804
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Alice Springs.

I did better in my rematch today. I still lost 2-6 4-6 but felt much better about how I played today. I found my forehand again a little.

Hope I do okay on the weekend! Do you play tournaments Dani?
Old Nov 14th, 2011, 06:44 AM   #805
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

^^
What level tournaments do you play in Australia?
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2011, 06:57 AM   #806
country flag Territory

The crappier AMTs. The one coming up is Silver level - I wouldn't go any higher than that (plus the draw is week, being in Alice Springs and all). I'm not young and only got into tennis late so I only do it for fun and because I'm obsessed with tennis.

Any other Aussies here play in AMTs?
Old Nov 14th, 2011, 04:30 PM   #807
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Yesterday I lost my match 1-6 2-6. So disappointed with the way I played in the first set. In the second one I played a bit better: I was even serving at 40-15 for a 3-1 lead, but in the end my serve was too inconsistent and cost me a lot of points and, well, I lost! Hope to update this thread with better results next week!
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2011, 07:59 PM   #808
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The crappier AMTs. The one coming up is Silver level - I wouldn't go any higher than that (plus the draw is week, being in Alice Springs and all). I'm not young and only got into tennis late so I only do it for fun and because I'm obsessed with tennis.

Any other Aussies here play in AMTs?
That's so cool I don't play in AMTs or anything like that. But I have actually officiated at two of them, one on the Gold Coast at Gold level & one somewhere in Brissy at Silver level, both as lines umpire
Old Nov 14th, 2011, 08:25 PM   #809
country flag Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben. View Post
That's so cool I don't play in AMTs or anything like that. But I have actually officiated at two of them, one on the Gold Coast at Gold level & one somewhere in Brissy at Silver level, both as lines umpire
you have lines umpire at your AMTs?? Not in Alice! Haha... we're pretty relaxed in the Territory.
Old Nov 14th, 2011, 11:28 PM   #810
country flag Ben.

Quote:
you have lines umpire at your AMTs?? Not in Alice! Haha... we're pretty relaxed in the Territory.
Sometimes, depends on the level & whether the tournament wants them or just for Tennis Officials Australia to train their officials. Believe me lines umpires don't just start off at Brisbane International or AO.