Your tennis results?! - Page 37 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 10th, 2010, 09:58 PM   #541
country flag SwissMiss19

SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Your tennis results?!

I played a marathon match yesterday as well It was AMAZING! We had the longest rallies and we wouldn't give up! It lasted well over 2 hours and everyone was watching us. I had a game on my serve that went to Deuce 13 ! I finally won that game and then she held her serve. I ended up losing the match 5-7, 4-6 with just a little too many UE's and inconsistent serve. We smiled and praised each other as we shook hands so I'm not upset for losing to her

TOday I had my 3.5 match. The girl I played was 10 min late so according to the rules I was 2 games up and won the toss. After we warmed up I knew it would be a pretty tough match because she hit the ball very flat - though even in the warm up I could tell she was nervous. I played Caroline style, putting more topspin on the ball and kept her moving and pulled the trigger at the right times. I won the first set 6-1. Then I just kept it up and won the second in no time 6-0. So it was nice to win a match easy like this after a marathon yesterday, haha!
SwissMiss19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 13th, 2010, 01:07 PM   #542
country flag Juanes
facebook.com/RCTabak

Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute

i played after 3 months without tennis.... finally

won 2 singles matches.... first 6-0 ... 2nd one 6-2
and doubles match 7-5 (were down 2-5)

one set played....

Juanes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 05:59 PM   #543
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute

I won my Singles 6-3 6-1 & lost the Doubles 2-6 1-0 ret.
I played horrible in both match though. The only good point I played was MP in Singles. Solid serve and crosscourt FH to finish the match.
Baltacha,Dominguez Lino,Fedossova,King,Lapushchenkova,Pironkova,Pivov arova,Srebotnik,Stevenson
|Ain't no party like a...COCKTAIL PARTY!|
0002... Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Official Security Guard and Bouncer of Don't knock the Dok
My Queens of Stuttgart: Venus Williams & Victoria Azarenka!
Ballbasher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2010, 04:44 AM   #544
country flag SneakyArab

SneakyArab is just really nice SneakyArab is just really nice SneakyArab is just really nice SneakyArab is just really nice SneakyArab is just really nice SneakyArab is just really nice SneakyArab is just really nice SneakyArab is just really nice SneakyArab is just really nice SneakyArab is just really nice SneakyArab is just really nice

Last match I played we got rained out, but it was just a fun match. My girlfriend and I against her sister and her dad. 6-6 in the first set!
SneakyArab is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2010, 06:06 AM   #545
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

I had my first-round (of 32) match in an NTRP tournament (4.0) and lost 6-3, 7-5 to a kid half my age. I was up 4-2 and serving in the second set, but couldn't hold. I was two points away at 5-4 on my opponent's serve, but couldn't get it done. Balls that would be winners against guys my age were being run down. At least I have the consolation draw tomorrow.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2010, 11:39 PM   #546
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

Today I won a very tough match against my friend Mike, 6-7 (5), 6-3, 6-4.

I had a 5-2 lead in the first set then just kinda choked away the lead, then I had a 5-0 lead in the TB and while, I went into Safina mode, self destructed and lost the TB 5-7 and even double faulted on SP. After that I was screaming and cussing at myself and hitting myself in the legs with my racquet. In the second set I started to change up the pace and came into net more and it was a winning combination as I took a 5-2 lead in the third set and choked a bit but finally managed somehow to finish off the match. Only 14 double faults today though!
Old Nov 11th, 2010, 05:51 AM   #547
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_gunner913 View Post

I had a 5-2 lead in the first set then just kinda choked away the lead, then I had a 5-0 lead in the TB and while, I went into Safina mode, self destructed and lost the TB 5-7 and even double faulted on SP. After that I was screaming and cussing at myself and hitting myself in the legs with my racquet. In the second set I started to change up the pace and came into net more and it was a winning combination as I took a 5-2 lead in the third set and choked a bit but finally managed somehow to finish off the match. Only 14 double faults today though!
Congratulations. 14 double-faults is NOTHING.

I've never played a tie-break, usually at 5-5 or 5-6 or whatever, I choke and DF the set away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JN View Post
A Black man fighting for his people against institutionalized racism and its supporters, whenever they raised their ugly heads. He hated White people, period. After making his Hajj to Mecca, denouncing the teachings of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad, becoming a Sunni Muslim and changing his name, he could no longer justify his blanket hatred of Whites, but still fought against racism no less fervently.
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2010, 06:51 AM   #548
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Well done seems like you had a plan B going there
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2010, 10:48 PM   #549
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRSB View Post
Congratulations. 14 double-faults is NOTHING.

I've never played a tie-break, usually at 5-5 or 5-6 or whatever, I choke and DF the set away.
Yeah. 14 is an okay number for me.

I once had 24 in a 6-1, 6-3, 6-0 loss to Mr.SerenaWilliams
Old Nov 12th, 2010, 05:22 AM   #550
country flag fleabitten

fleabitten is just really nice fleabitten is just really nice fleabitten is just really nice fleabitten is just really nice fleabitten is just really nice fleabitten is just really nice fleabitten is just really nice fleabitten is just really nice fleabitten is just really nice fleabitten is just really nice fleabitten is just really nice

Split sets with Chris C. who is an agressive net rusher 4.5. Was 5-7, 7-5. Then court time was up.
fleabitten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2010, 03:20 AM   #551
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

I just lost a three-set, three-hour barroom brawl disguised as a tennis match: 4-6, 6-4, 6-7(3). I can honestly say it was the most fun I ever had losing.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2010, 03:37 AM   #552
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

I'm playing only my 2nd tournament ever this coming weekend and trying not to get too nervous. I've only been playing tennis reasonably seriously for the past 3 years and am 33 years old. I love it though (I grew up as a good squash player).

So yeah, I'm still improving but will be a lot older than most other guys playing the tournament. I'm entered in the graded singles (a bit more club/social level) and the open level (more competitive) and hoping I can play well and not embarrass myself. It's to gauge my level. I live in a small town and I'm about the best in town but don't know how I'll go playing guys from other places. I could do okay, or I could get thrashed. Either, I'll try and have fun! Wish me luck!

EDIT: Ok, I got the draw and mine are pretty good... not playing any seeded players in R1 so hopefully I'll at least have close matches and hopefully a win or two!

Last edited by Territory : Nov 15th, 2010 at 12:05 PM.
Territory is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2010, 08:55 PM   #553
country flag IMPOSSIBLE
. . .

IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
I'm playing only my 2nd tournament ever this coming weekend and trying not to get too nervous. I've only been playing tennis reasonably seriously for the past 3 years and am 33 years old. I love it though (I grew up as a good squash player).

So yeah, I'm still improving but will be a lot older than most other guys playing the tournament. I'm entered in the graded singles (a bit more club/social level) and the open level (more competitive) and hoping I can play well and not embarrass myself. It's to gauge my level. I live in a small town and I'm about the best in town but don't know how I'll go playing guys from other places. I could do okay, or I could get thrashed. Either, I'll try and have fun! Wish me luck!

EDIT: Ok, I got the draw and mine are pretty good... not playing any seeded players in R1 so hopefully I'll at least have close matches and hopefully a win or two!
Good Luck
Old Nov 17th, 2010, 05:47 AM   #554
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post

Good luck Playing for around 3 years should help you now that you have learned the basics & everything else. You'll be fine.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2010, 05:55 AM   #555
country flag Six Feet Under
Cake 4eva

Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah. 14 is an okay number for me.

I once had 24 in a 6-1, 6-3, 6-0 loss to Mr.SerenaWilliams
LOL
I think my worst is like 17 in a 2 set match
And my second serve is the biggest push

I played in 16's event at a tournament and won for the first time!

It was a round robin and there were 2 withdrawals so i had a good chance, only had to win 2 matches

1st match: Won 8-7(12)
The guy had a good serve which was really pissing me off coz i couldnt return, I saved 5mp in the TB and won on my 3rd after like 2 hours

2nd match: Won 8-6
Played a guy who had beaten me twice before, he was so annoying he even did some underarm serves randomly

But yay i won 45 bucks so im happy