Your tennis results?! - Page 21 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 25th, 2010, 01:04 AM   #301
country flag Aaron.
She's coming for your faves wigs

Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Your tennis results?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Played a match against this guy yesterday, he was way better than I expected!

I lost 6-4 6-4, but it didn't seem that close because I was down 4-1 in both sets before coming back. The first set was easily the worst I've played in a long time - framed like 4 backhands, and was so inconsistent. My serve, which is more of a bunt but is really reliable was bad, hit a whole bunch of double faults.

I was happy with how I played after 4-1 though, I started hitting much better and hit a lot of deep shots. He came to net a bunch, so I hit some great lobs and passing shots.

Question: how do you guys deal when you're having a BAD return day? My return is never that great, but yesterday it was shitty. This guy had a great first serve, but still, I had a really rough time hitting properly. I tried moving back, and that helped my backhand side. On my forehand though, I just kept trying to chip it back in, and it just wasn't clicking. So if you're facing a good server and your return isn't like it usually is...what kind of changes do you make?
Well my coach tells me to stand behind baseline and as my opponet is tossing the ball split step and take a 2-3 steps forward. I have no idea why he tells me do this but I guess it has something to do with being more alert and cutting off the out-wide angle methinks.

Also you need to shorten your back swing look at some youtube videos of federer returning big serves he moves in a little and cuts the ball off with a abbreviated groundstroke motion

But it usally helps with returns when I do this..Try it next time you play
Aaron. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 25th, 2010, 01:12 AM   #302
country flag Ryan
NeverWoz

Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron. View Post
Well my coach tells me to stand behind baseline and as my opponet is tossing the ball split step and take a 2-3 steps forward. I have no idea why he tells me do this but I guess it has something to do with being more alert and cutting off the out-wide angle methinks.

Also you need to shorten your back swing look at some youtube videos of federer returning big serves he moves in a little and cuts the ball off with a abbreviated groundstroke motion

But it usally helps with returns when I do this..Try it next time you play

Thanks man. So, step forward during the toss? I have a feeling this would screw up my forehand return even more, but yeah it definitely has you on your toes instead of flat-footed I guess.

I'll try shortening my forehand swing on the return, thanks. I usually don't take big swings on it anyway, but with my grip its tough anyway. I'll def watch Fed returning serves and see if that helps too.
Ryan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 01:27 AM   #303
country flag ArturoAce.
Chip 'n Charge

ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Played a match against this guy yesterday, he was way better than I expected!

I lost 6-4 6-4, but it didn't seem that close because I was down 4-1 in both sets before coming back. The first set was easily the worst I've played in a long time - framed like 4 backhands, and was so inconsistent. My serve, which is more of a bunt but is really reliable was bad, hit a whole bunch of double faults.

I was happy with how I played after 4-1 though, I started hitting much better and hit a lot of deep shots. He came to net a bunch, so I hit some great lobs and passing shots.

Question: how do you guys deal when you're having a BAD return day? My return is never that great, but yesterday it was shitty. This guy had a great first serve, but still, I had a really rough time hitting properly. I tried moving back, and that helped my backhand side. On my forehand though, I just kept trying to chip it back in, and it just wasn't clicking. So if you're facing a good server and your return isn't like it usually is...what kind of changes do you make?
I'm the same boat as you, returns of serve are by far my worst shot. I hit like 200 inside out backhands with the ball machine today, lol. Usually on one of these days, I will chip with some weird spins. The worst thing to do for me is to take a full swing, it will just go out of control. Just try to take the ball early and use their pace, and make sure to plant your feet and push forward and try to not let it pull you back.
ArturoAce. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 10:06 PM   #304
country flag igralec33

igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute

After 10 hours I am going to play my first match this year against friend. Can't wait. Just wonder if I will play good as usually my first matches because I always miss playing tennis so much when it's winter here. And I'm always so exicting about first match of year for me. Now have to go sleep that I will be fit for tommorow match and hopefully will win even though I didn't beat her before (yes, she is girl - but she is so f***ing good ).
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 12:32 AM   #305
country flag Justin SW
Member of Rena's Army

Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute

I have a match tomorrow against a club player. Should be easy shit

lol

Justin SW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 12:47 AM   #306
country flag Cakeisgood

Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday, I lost 6-3 7-5 in probably the worst match of my life.
My game is based on footspeed and defense (ala JJ), but it was a morning match, which I'm not used to, and I was sooooooooooooooo sluggish. My legs just weren't moving, and they were tight from the onset, despite a lot of stretching.
It was only close because I ended up moonballing at the end of each set

In love with Martha.
Cakeisgood is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 05:36 AM   #307
Mrs. Dimitrova
#CareerSlamPova

Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh, now that the seasons change I don't have tennis anymore. But it'll come back in Term 4. While I played, I won three matches for my school and lost two. I miss tennis competitions.
Mrs. Dimitrova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 10:32 AM   #308
country flag igralec33

igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by igralec33 View Post
After 10 hours I am going to play my first match this year against friend. Can't wait. Just wonder if I will play good as usually my first matches because I always miss playing tennis so much when it's winter here. And I'm always so exicting about first match of year for me. Now have to go sleep that I will be fit for tommorow match and hopefully will win even though I didn't beat her before (yes, she is girl - but she is so f***ing good ).
Just played it. And this was just Don't think I played any my tennis match so bad. I'm totally off. My shape is disaster and my physical fitness/condition is worst ever. I really played so bad. Lost 1-6, 4-6. In first set she lead 3-0 then I won next game on my serve and she won next 3 games. In 2nd set she was 5-2 up and I made mini comeback to 5-4, served for 5-5 and have 30-15 on my serve but then made DF and two UE with forehand. I was so tired after match. I have to rebuild my game - my service is so weak now (I served only 1 ace today ), I made million UEs with FH and BH. Also my net was so bad (won only 2 points on net). Only shot I still can make it well is drop shot - this was by far my best shot today. I made only one UE with it and played that kind of shot a lot today (reason why is I was too tired that I could play power-game or serve&volley). I think I have to work on my physical fitness/condition that I will be possible to play more agressive.
Old Apr 27th, 2010, 04:07 AM   #309
country flag Justin SW
Member of Rena's Army

Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco tennis View Post
I have a match tomorrow against a club player. Should be easy shit

lol
I won 60 60 with Ribs fractures

Justin SW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2010, 04:13 AM   #310
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Well I had my first go at playing a tennis tournament on the weekend. You can check out my results here:

I was pretty happy overall with how I went. I lost pretty badly in the Open matches against players that have Australian rankings. I could have played better but wasn't expected to win. It kinda sucked though, that my game crumbled against the better players. I spose that's what training helps you avoid. In my social event matches, with the pressure off, I played well and did well.

I really enjoyed the weekend though. It was great that this little tournament was held in my little hometown. Can't wait til next year!
Old Apr 29th, 2010, 04:55 PM   #311
country flag Adrian.
Let's have a kiki!

Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute

3dt match, 3dt win

Adrian. def. Brother of Adrian. 5-7 6-1 10-7

By far the best match in matter of service, backhand and movement
The forehand was sometimes on but also off for a looooong time

I had 40-0* in the first game but couldn't take any of these 3 BP's and my brother served it out. I got broken at *30-40 then and was behind again 0-2*
Then I came back to 2-2*, my brother hold and broke me again 2-4* Again I could break back and hold my service later on, as well my brother could and I had to serve at *4-5 to stay in the set. It ended badly 0-40 and 3 SP for my brother But somehow I managed to get out of it with some nice 1st serves and tried to break him at 5-5* but failed to take 2 BP's at 40-15*
My brother hold and I had again big problems, altough having 40-15 and 40-30... he had SP #4,5,6 and 7, which I could all save with 2 Ace's and 2 service winner's but then I DF'ed and made a stupid FH fault and he won the set 5-7

In the 2nd set there was no real history, I was and bashing the ball harder than ever, again with many UE's but also with some really nice winner's all over the court.

In the final TB, I was quick up with *5-2 and 9-4*, made 2 UE's on return and 1 DF (*9-7) but managed to serve a nice 1st serve in the court and afterwards I ended it with a drop-shot

I'm really happy, as it was a real good match and I lost my first 1st set in this season. Anyway, I need much training, because my brother was just throughing the ball into the field on 2nd serve and I hardly made a point on return.

Adrian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2010, 06:51 PM   #312
country flag no-hay-igual

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of

I just beat the Under 18 Lancashire Champion a couple of days ago, 10-7 in the champs tie break after 1 set all. However, i am now paying the price now that my shoulder has decided to fail on me

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything
no-hay-igual is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 04:21 AM   #313
country flag ¤CharlDa¤
Team WTAworld

¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.itftennis.com/mens/tourna...order=Position

Yes, number 22, it's me I'm so excited, didn't think I'd get in, but by the same time next week I'll be sleeping in my Naples hotel!

Was going on a trip anyways, tried to sign up, and ended up entering qualies. I'm psyched!
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 04:33 AM   #314
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ¤CharlDa¤ View Post
http://www.itftennis.com/mens/tourna...order=Position

Yes, number 22, it's me I'm so excited, didn't think I'd get in, but by the same time next week I'll be sleeping in my Naples hotel!

Was going on a trip anyways, tried to sign up, and ended up entering qualies. I'm psyched!
That's awesome! Good luck!
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 09:05 AM   #315
country flag igralec33

Today I played new match against same opponent as previous time and again lost. But I played so much better today. I lost 6-7(6) 1-6. In first set I played really well - start to serving and hold for love and the break in second game. She break for 2-1 and until 3-3 we were tied. Then I break for 5-3 and served for first ... but choked. I had 30-00 on my service but then she played some amazing shots. So, she break for 4-5, hold for 5-5, I hold for 6-5, she hold for 6-6. In tiebreak it was tied until 3-3, then she won 3 points in a row and lead 6-3. I saved 3 SPs for 6-6 but she won next two and won first set. In second I was really angry on myself that wasted nice chances (even though I didn't have SP) and played more agressive but she played even better as I did. She fast lead 5-0 then I won game on my service and have 00-30 on her serve (in next game) but she won next 4 points and won a match. I really played much better than previous time but my mentality is problem. Today I didn't do so much UEs and also have much more winners (I especially proud of my backhand winner - this shot was on juncture baseline and outline for doubles ). Again my service still isn't the best - only 2 aces again (one on 2nd service ) but some good 1st services as well. My service isn't constant - I served today also 3 DFs in a row. But I think things are going better.