Your tennis results?! - Page 19 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 19th, 2010, 08:31 PM   #271
country flag DefyingGravity

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Your tennis results?!

I love how my game, built on hard courts and similar style to Ivanovic works so well on red clay like hers, even though you wouldn't assume it so.
The Upstarts: Muguruza, Garcia
The Legends: Seles (9), Clijsters (4), Davenport (3), Testud
DefyingGravity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 19th, 2010, 11:32 PM   #272
country flag Kevin.
Team USA ♥

Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute

I am a bigger guy so movement is not my forte, but power is. I got a good powerful flat game. I have only been playing for a few years and a couple of DIII schools contacted me. I feel like Grass would be my best surface. I have a deadly slice backhand and flat strokes that would compliment me. I havent played in a tournament in nearly a year
Doubles: Rank-15; Career High-12. Career Record: 108-114; Best Results: Winner: 2012-Wimbledon w/Kylger, 50k Lexington w/Kylger, 2011-Luxembourg w/drake1980;Finalist: 2012-San Diego w/Kylger, Moscow w/Kylger

Follow me on twitter!: www.twitter.com/kevintdillon
Kevin. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2010, 12:26 AM   #273
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin. View Post
I am a bigger guy so movement is not my forte, but power is. I got a good powerful flat game. I have only been playing for a few years and a couple of DIII schools contacted me. I feel like Grass would be my best surface. I have a deadly slice backhand and flat strokes that would compliment me. I havent played in a tournament in nearly a year
deadly slice and it was one school

I am bigger as well and I move well for my size, retrieving a lot. I hit the ball extremely well. I pound the ball, and I mean pound it. My backhand was my better shot and just over the course of time, it became my forehand. My backhand is now just steady. My serve was something, and one match I hit 19 double faults. It has gotten SO much better and my last match, I hit 5 aces and like 7 doubles. My results on the USTA jr suck..Im like 11-50 but high school, I was like 20-30?? I have no idea

Last match I played was a 4-6,6-3,(4-10) loss to ^^^ Kevin. I have a doubles (mens with kevin, mixed with a friend) this weekend...

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2010, 02:45 AM   #274
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbuddy12 View Post
Last match I played was a 4-6,6-3,(4-10) loss to ^^^ Kevin. I have a doubles (mens with kevin, mixed with a friend) this weekend...
Bryan Brothers 2.0 ??
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2010, 07:23 AM   #275
country flag ArturoAce.
Chip 'n Charge

ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute

I'm 15-2 in League Doubles right now...gonna play rival school tomorrow.
Me and my partner are hoping we can steal the 3rd seed for CIF individuals.
I got 5th but no seeding last year, and lost in the 2nd round to 3rd seed
ArturoAce. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2010, 05:15 PM   #276
country flag FleetSeb

FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin. View Post
Have you played on it before?

Just curious because playing on it is quite different to what I expected when I first played on it. Firstly the uneven bounce takes some real getting used to, your footwork has to be impeccable so that you can adjust quickly enough post-bounce. The number of shanks I hit initially because I kept failing to readjust was embarrasing. How tall are you btw? I'm 6ft 1" so for me its not too bad getting to the low shots, and as I said speed is a big strength of mine, but if you're above 6ft 3 or so, then you've really got to work on knee bend in your shots etc. It's a great surface but having compact strokes can also help, long wind ups cause problems to the extent that I actually have slightly different take backs on grass and clay, because on clay I love getting really heavy topspin where as on grass I have to shorten it and snap through it a bit quicker.

Anyway if you haven't played on grass before I hope you do soon, it really is lovely (although I maintain that it's not as lovely as my beloved clay ) and its a great feeling knowing that one's shots are that much more punchy. But my club kept telling me off last summer because I kept sliding on the grass, which they weren't too pleased with
Angelique Kerber - Sloane Stephens - Julia Goerges - Kimiko Date Krumm - Lucie Safarova - Nadia Petrova
FleetSeb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2010, 07:02 PM   #277
country flag LudwigDvorak
Rainbowingis.

LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute

I've only played on synthetic grass, but I mishit and mistimed so many shots the first time I played I was so embarrassed. Everything I hit was a shank, and I completely failed to reach balls because of the bounce. My backhand is weak, and on grass it's exposed even more, since I need more time to prepare my backhand and I have zero time on grass.

It's a good surface, I guess, but I was completely shocked at how different it was. It felt like the balls were heavier on the surface too, and I had to hit so much harder to do anything. I hated playing on it. But it's synthetic, not real so...

Anyway, my only tennis result is one set on outdoor hard I played against a friend. I lost it 76(4) after being up 3-1 in the tiebreak and saving five match points on his serve at *65. I only hit six or seven winners all set. Nice.
LudwigDvorak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2010, 07:46 PM   #278
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute

I defeated my friend 7-5 7-5 today. I was down 0-4 in the first and 3-5 in the 2nd
He was pissed. During a match he called me a pusher ... TWICE. Oh well, when it's close sometimes pushing is the best solution
Clay is so tiring
Just Do It is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2010, 10:11 PM   #279
country flag Ryan
NeverWoz

Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute

Last match I played was a doubles one, which I almost never get to play.

My partner and I beat our friends 6-0 6-3, we destroyed them. Then we played a Tiebreaker just for fun, and lost 14-12.
Ryan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2010, 10:41 PM   #280
country flag Aaron.
She's coming for your faves wigs

Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute

Just won my third USTA tournament 2 weeks ago which is pretty exiciting

1st round won 6-2 6-2
Pretty easy match here the guy had a decent forehand but a terrible backhand. I really picked on his backhand and had a comfortable victory.

Quaterfinals won 6-3 6-4
Well I have played this guy before and last time it was 6-1 6-1 last year. And he improved alot but in the end I still knew I was the better player and came out with the victory

Semifinals won 6-7(5) 6-1 6-2
The score should have been 6-4 6-1 but I choked serving out the first set at 5-4 but a wins a win I guess. This guy hit the ball very flat and he was pretty big and needed to lose a few lbs..after the first set he got really tired and I was just moving him and hitting winners in the second and third sets.

Finals won 6-4 6-3
Well after everyone gave me a lecture about how good this guy was I was so happy I won because everyone was saying he was the player to beat and etc..but he really folded against me because I am a good counterpuncher and really dont have any weakness to pick on. But after the first set you could tell he had given up and I took advantage of his low confidence

It is so nice to win a tournament after 2 years? I feel I'm playing really well right now so I'm going to practice hard and keep working hard and not get to confident after this tournament victory because I know I can improve even much MORE!

Aaron. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2010, 11:24 PM   #281
country flag TTomek

TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute

congrats Aaron
TTomek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2010, 06:47 AM   #282
country flag 1handedbackhand

1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice

Hello everyone,
My name is Thomas.

You guys sound like really good players.

I have some video of a match I played last year.
Not as good as you, but I am improving.

My backhand is my favourite shot to hit. I like to hit with spin and while I am more than capable of hitting the ball hard, it's not my natural tendency to play overpowering tennis. I prefer to work the point till I have an opening and then go for it.

The videos are almost a year old and my game has changed since then. I still hit with spin, but it is a more aggressive spin. I'm getting more revolutions on the ball so on the bounce it 'jumps' at my opponent more.

The serve has changed as well.
1handedbackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2010, 06:55 AM   #283

1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetSeb View Post
Anyway if you haven't played on grass before I hope you do soon, it really is lovely (although I maintain that it's not as lovely as my beloved clay ) and its a great feeling knowing that one's shots are that much more punchy. But my club kept telling me off last summer because I kept sliding on the grass, which they weren't too pleased with
I have never played on grass and I would love to just to experience it.
I was going to at Houston, at the WestSide Tennis Club because they had all the grand slam surfaces at the club, but when I got there, they had converted their grass courts to a soccer pitch
They still had red clay, hard court and rebound ace but I had played on those already.
Oh well. Not many grass courts in the US.
Old Apr 21st, 2010, 01:45 PM   #284
country flag Ryan
NeverWoz

Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute

You have a pretty sweet looking backhand dude, nice. Your serve action looks like Bartoli's or somethin though. Nice forehand winner in the second clip!
Ryan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2010, 06:39 PM   #285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
You have a pretty sweet looking backhand dude, nice.
Your serve action looks like Bartoli's or somethin though. Nice forehand winner in the second clip!
Thanks about the backhand . It is my most stable shot and very natural to me.
I've actually changed my service motion since this video was taken. I lean more into the court now and use my legs more. Visually it doesn't look that different but I have more speed on the first serve now and the second serve is WAY more consistent.