Your tennis results?! - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 28th, 2010, 03:55 PM   #226
country flag GracefulVenus
Team WTAworld

GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Your tennis results?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay asbestos View Post
Graceful Venus - 36% first serves so glad no one has ever measured me!! I'm sure i've been below 10%
I know, it was quite pathetic. This after an 81% first serve percentage in the round of 16. My rhythm was just off and I was incredibly frusted because my serve is my weapon.

You should get someone to measure you. It's a good and easy thing to keep track off, especially if your serve is your weapon.

GV - Back From The Dead.........
Venus better have her hair fixed for the AO I'm just tired of it.
GracefulVenus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 28th, 2010, 04:49 PM   #227
country flag DefyingGravity

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracefulVenus View Post
Thanks, but I got my ass handed to me this morning by the no.2 seed in the quarter-finals. I loss 6-2, 6-2. 25 unforced errors and 36% first serve percentage will get you this result. My opponent was solid and ran everything down.

Next event: Major Zone, Houston, Texas Easter Weekend.
I know that feeling. I play so similar to Ivanovic in 2008 pre Wimbledon, so when I am not getting a lot of serves in, it's a struggle for me to get the rest of my game going. Good luck though! Who do you seem to play like?
Sabine Lisicki, Zheng Jie, Garbine Muguruza, Vera Zvonareva, Caroline Garcia
Monica Seles (9), Lindsay Davenport (3), Kim Clijsters (4), Sandrine Testud
DefyingGravity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2010, 03:49 AM   #228
Team WTAworld

GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementievavenus View Post
I know that feeling. I play so similar to Ivanovic in 2008 pre Wimbledon, so when I am not getting a lot of serves in, it's a struggle for me to get the rest of my game going. Good luck though! Who do you seem to play like?
Male Player: Roddick
Female Player: Venus

Big first serve, fierce but unsteady forehand, and a very steady two-hander.

Old Mar 1st, 2010, 09:02 PM   #229
country flag DefyingGravity

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Male Player: Roddick
Female Player: Venus

Big first serve, fierce but unsteady forehand, and a very steady two-hander.
Yeah, for me, people have always complimented my backhand because it's a much more loopy and involved production and looks pretty. However, my forehand is the stroke that gets everything going. I've gotten so much more consistent on it, and it's a real weapon, just like Ana's used to be. I have deceptively good movement and good volleys/touch.

My weakness is definitely patience. I can get a little impatient and try to end rallies faster than they should end.
Sabine Lisicki, Zheng Jie, Garbine Muguruza, Vera Zvonareva, Caroline Garcia
Monica Seles (9), Lindsay Davenport (3), Kim Clijsters (4), Sandrine Testud
DefyingGravity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 01:45 AM   #230
country flag Aaron.
She's coming for your faves wigs

Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute

College Tennis Season just started..as a freshman I'm playing number one singles for my team so far this season I'm 4-1

First Match: won 6-3 6-3
Well my first match of the season and it was pretty windy..So I did good even though the guy wasnt that good..the scoreline could have been easier

Second match: lost 5-7 6-7(3)
Wow well this guy was good but I still could have won. I was up 5-3 in the second set and couldnt close it out he was a tall guy and had a good serve so it was hard to break him he also had a big forehand and my forehand isnt really big as his so in the tiebreak he made the better shots

Third Match: won 6-1 7-5
Well I almost lost the second set..I played the perfect match until 6-1 5-1 then he started running everything down and just getting the ball back in court..before I knew it the score was 5-5 and I had to stay focused to win the next two games..I almost lost my cool at the end of the second set because my forehand was really off and he was just pushing..I really hate pushers

Fourth Match: won 6-0 6-3
My best match so far this season..this guy was pretty decent too but I moved him alot and he couldnt hit his groundstrokes like he normally does. I was pretty happy with this win even though I could have won 6-0 6-0 but yeah I wont be picky because I still won fairly easy.

My next college match is tomorrow I'll let you know how it goes.
Aaron. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 01:51 PM   #231
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementievavenus View Post
Yeah, for me, people have always complimented my backhand because it's a much more loopy and involved production and looks pretty. However, my forehand is the stroke that gets everything going. I've gotten so much more consistent on it, and it's a real weapon, just like Ana's used to be. I have deceptively good movement and good volleys/touch.

My weakness is definitely patience. I can get a little impatient and try to end rallies faster than they should end.
Man, you and I need to play. Our games sound so similar.

Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 01:53 PM   #232
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron. View Post
College Tennis Season just started..as a freshman I'm playing number one singles for my team so far this season I'm 4-1

First Match: won 6-3 6-3
Well my first match of the season and it was pretty windy..So I did good even though the guy wasnt that good..the scoreline could have been easier

Second match: lost 5-7 6-7(3)
Wow well this guy was good but I still could have won. I was up 5-3 in the second set and couldnt close it out he was a tall guy and had a good serve so it was hard to break him he also had a big forehand and my forehand isnt really big as his so in the tiebreak he made the better shots

Third Match: won 6-1 7-5
Well I almost lost the second set..I played the perfect match until 6-1 5-1 then he started running everything down and just getting the ball back in court..before I knew it the score was 5-5 and I had to stay focused to win the next two games..I almost lost my cool at the end of the second set because my forehand was really off and he was just pushing..I really hate pushers

Fourth Match: won 6-0 6-3
My best match so far this season..this guy was pretty decent too but I moved him alot and he couldnt hit his groundstrokes like he normally does. I was pretty happy with this win even though I could have won 6-0 6-0 but yeah I wont be picky because I still won fairly easy.

My next college match is tomorrow I'll let you know how it goes.
Man, this is awesome. Congrats on your victories! I hate pushers also. Good luck in your matches today. What school do you play for?

Old Apr 16th, 2010, 08:32 PM   #233
country flag Dunlop1

Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron. View Post
Do you play NCAA tennis or College club tennis?
What school do you attend?
Dunlop1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2010, 08:45 PM   #234
country flag Dunlop1

Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't been playing a lot of matches because I have been working on getting my fitness in top shape and losing fat and building up my core, arms, quads and shoulders.
I lost 10lbs in 2 weeks and my fitness has improved dramatically so I am happy about it.

My last match is an example of a match I would have lost had I played before I started my fitness program.

The guy I played was like Nadal except he didn't quite have the speed. HEAVY topspin groundstrokes.
I started the match not being intimidated and standing just behind the baseline and hitting his balls on the rise and dictating play. This worked at first but it was taking a lot out of me to do this and I started mistiming the balls and hitting a lot into the net. So I decided to move way behind the baseline and play the balls on the way down. BIG MISTAKE. I was playing into his strategy and he worked me like a dog all over the court.
He especially took advantage of my 1 handed backhand hitting balls that would bounce at head level.
Also he had an amazing kick serve that he hit to my backhand over and over again. As I got more tentative, he attacked more and I could never get into his service games.
My saving grace was my GOAT serve lol. My 1st serves of choice, flat and slice serve really bailed me out of holes in my service game.
However I lot the 1st set 4-6

2nd set I got down I was broking while serving at 2-2 for him to go up 2-3. I got SOOO pissed and the next game I started POUNDING the ball. I broke and held my service game to go up 4-3.
Then it started raining

Rain delay was great because it gave me time to calm down and rethink my strategy.

I came back completely calm and started hitting with more spin and depth. I didn't try to kill the ball but I made sure I was hitting at about 75% pace and deep with good net clearance. All of a sudden he started pressing and making mistakes.

I won the 2nd set 7-5, and the third 6-2.
Old Apr 16th, 2010, 08:49 PM   #235
country flag Dunlop1

Quote:
I know, it was quite pathetic. This after an 81% first serve percentage in the round of 16. My rhythm was just off and I was incredibly frusted because my serve is my weapon.

You should get someone to measure you. It's a good and easy thing to keep track off, especially if your serve is your weapon.
I used to stat my friends matches and vice versa.

It was an eye opener.
- I have never played a match where I hit more winners than unforced errors.
- My first serve percentage is on average 64%
- In the last 5 matches that were 'statted', I hit 5 double faults
- In the last 5 matches that were statted, I hit 5 volleys
Old Apr 16th, 2010, 10:22 PM   #236
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone think this forum has actually helped them in their tennis? A couple of years ago I was training to become a pro, I trained for 6 days a week, 3 hours on weekdays and 6 hours (including gym) on weekends. I played tournaments from about 10 years old upto around 14 and although I made numerous Quarters and Semis, I was always just too much of a ballbasher. At 14 I got a sponsor, we found a tennis academy squad and they took me out of tournaments and completely took apart and then put my game together but still, I would go and play matches and just hit the shit out of the ball and lose to lesser players (especially when we went on tours and to tennis camps in eastern europe).

Since then I had a major back injury that forced me to stop and give up that dream. But after being on TF and hearing so many different views about tennis and people's approaches to it, although i'm physically nowhere near where I was before and I haven't improved tecnically, I have really grown as a player. I'm just so much more intelligent now and I just seem to know how to play against certain players and analyse opponents games so well. As well as my shot selection which has improved so much. And recently I've beaten numerous people (who are still training hard) that I could never beat back when I was playing so much.

Random but I felt like sharing this for some reason.
Slutiana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2010, 01:53 AM   #237
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

My H2H with Mr.SerenaWilliams 0-3

1st Meeting: 1-6, 0-6 (My knee hurt)
2nd Meeting: 1-6, 3-6, 0-6 (I played like a top 600 junior)
3rd Meeting: 0-6, 0-6 (He hit lucky shots and I feel violated. )

Someday I'm hoping to take him to a 5-7 set or dare I even say win a set.

And even though it doesnt count on our H2H, I defeated him once via W/O cause he had a fever I believe.
Old Apr 17th, 2010, 02:04 AM   #238
country flag MrSerenaWilliams
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute

That's what he gets for being a Venus fan
Old Apr 17th, 2010, 02:06 AM   #239
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSerenaWilliams View Post
That's what he gets for being a Venus fan
Girl, next time we on the courts I'm gonna read you, chapter 3, be ready and tighten that weave.
Old Apr 17th, 2010, 02:08 AM   #240
country flag MrSerenaWilliams
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_gunner913 View Post
Girl, next time we on the courts I'm gonna read you, chapter 3, be ready and tighten that weave.
Gurl, boon. Don't come for me...you better call me Jackie Robinson, because when I'm done with you, I'm gonna make that head rock, Venis