Your tennis results?! - Page 15 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 2nd, 2010, 07:43 PM   #211
country flag DefyingGravity

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Your tennis results?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracefulVenus View Post
Sounds like you are a solid player. Good luck this season.
Thanks. You sound like you're a fun opponent to play! I'll keep you guys up to date on my stuff, because I have Midwest Club Tennis Championships in Wisconsin in March and the National tournament in April in Surprise, Arizona (I've never been to either state). I remember playing a mixed doubles match and destroying the Toledo mixed dubs players 6-1, and then played another one and won 6-2 and neither of my female partners could serve to save their lives. It was like playing with an even weaker Radwanska and then a really inconsistent Dementieva.
Seles (9), Clijsters (4), Davenport (3), Testud
DefyingGravity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 7th, 2010, 07:00 AM   #212
country flag the jamierbelyea
I did it for the aesthetics.

the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute

Surprise is fantastic ! Was there last year for a USTA event, and it was a gorgeous facility and took care of what felt like a million of us!
the jamierbelyea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2010, 05:56 PM   #213
country flag GracefulVenus
Team WTAworld

GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute

bump

GV - Back From The Dead.........
Venus better have her hair fixed for the AO I'm just tired of it.
GracefulVenus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2010, 02:38 AM   #214
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

I played my first Ultimate Tennis match of the season today, and I got my rear end handed to me: 2-6, 3-6. I got broken five times in nine service games. Unless your name is Elena Dementieva, you can't win if you don't hold serve.

If it doesn't rain tomorrow, I'll play my first USTA Flex League match of the season. I will serve better, trust me.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2010, 08:29 AM   #215
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Heya I have a "sort of" intersting story to tell This guy I played today had a decent first serve, but on the second, he would occasionally serve underarm so it would just drop over the net. It was soo annoying I started to be able to tell when he was about to do it though.
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2010, 09:44 AM   #216
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
Heya I have a "sort of" intersting story to tell This guy I played today had a decent first serve, but on the second, he would occasionally serve underarm so it would just drop over the net. It was soo annoying I started to be able to tell when he was about to do it though.
okay
Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 04:48 AM   #217
Team WTAworld

GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute

Played league 3.5 singles tonight and it is the first time in six seasons that I left the court freakin' burning up although I won the match.

First I was playing the freakin pusher that was not even admitted into hell! I beat him 6-2 in the first set; and was making stupid errors off his slow hit balls, and the second set eventually went to a tie-break.

I served from the deuce side and called 8-8. Won the point and went to serve from the ad side at 9-8 for the match. My opponent all of a sudden says, no the score is wrong. It can't possibly be 9-8 with you serving from that side. I tried to explain to him that when I called the score at 8-8 on my first serve, he should have corrected me if he thought the score was wrong, not after we play the point, and I go up 9-8; because I KNOW the score I was calling was right and I was serving from the correct end. I hit an ace out wide to win the match 6-2, 7-6(8). So you know that pissed him off right.

So of course this prick is steady arguing and putting up a fuss and my only reply back to him is regardless if I called the score wrong or not (which is what he was accusing me of), he should have corrected me right then and there, not after we play the point. "Oh, I didn't hear you call the score he says." Of course I went on the explain that the Code states that if you do not hear your opponent call the score before he/she serves, it is your obligation to stop play and request the score. He didn't. I just hate folks who don't take the time to learn the rules and just want to go off of what they think is right. Very irritating night athough I kick his ass.

Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 08:21 PM   #218

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute

I've had a wrist injury so I haven't been able to play tennis for a while. The muscles in my dominant hand (right) aren't quite strong yet, so I have to take it easy. Looks like Midwest Club Tennis Tournament is out of the question but Nationals in Surprise, AZ are still a possibility.
Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 11:40 PM   #219
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementievavenus View Post
I've had a wrist injury so I haven't been able to play tennis for a while. The muscles in my dominant hand (right) aren't quite strong yet, so I have to take it easy. Looks like Midwest Club Tennis Tournament is out of the question but Nationals in Surprise, AZ are still a possibility.
Hope you have a speedy recovery and get back to the courts soon.

Old Feb 27th, 2010, 02:58 AM   #220
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracefulVenus View Post
Played league 3.5 singles tonight and it is the first time in six seasons that I left the court freakin' burning up although I won the match.

First I was playing the freakin pusher that was not even admitted into hell! I beat him 6-2 in the first set; and was making stupid errors off his slow hit balls, and the second set eventually went to a tie-break.

I served from the deuce side and called 8-8. Won the point and went to serve from the ad side at 9-8 for the match. My opponent all of a sudden says, no the score is wrong. It can't possibly be 9-8 with you serving from that side. I tried to explain to him that when I called the score at 8-8 on my first serve, he should have corrected me if he thought the score was wrong, not after we play the point, and I go up 9-8; because I KNOW the score I was calling was right and I was serving from the correct end. I hit an ace out wide to win the match 6-2, 7-6(8). So you know that pissed him off right.

So of course this prick is steady arguing and putting up a fuss and my only reply back to him is regardless if I called the score wrong or not (which is what he was accusing me of), he should have corrected me right then and there, not after we play the point. "Oh, I didn't hear you call the score he says." Of course I went on the explain that the Code states that if you do not hear your opponent call the score before he/she serves, it is your obligation to stop play and request the score. He didn't. I just hate folks who don't take the time to learn the rules and just want to go off of what they think is right. Very irritating night athough I kick his ass.
I posted this on Monday and I am still going back and forth with the freakin league coordinator to decide the match. Oh yeah, my opponent lied about shaking hands at the end of the match.

Old Feb 27th, 2010, 03:01 AM   #221
Team WTAworld

Playing in the Lost Forest Winter Classic Tournament this weekend. I won my round of 16 match 6-3, 6-2. I was extremely solid on serve, but had some problems returning in the first set. Missed about 8 easy forehand returns. Other than that, really happy about the result. My wife came to the tournament to watch me play and she said that she was looking at my ass the entire time. Talking about I got a male Serena booty. As if...........

I play the quarters and semis hopefully tomorrow in the morning. Wish me luck.

Old Feb 27th, 2010, 03:56 PM   #222

Good luck G/V
Old Feb 27th, 2010, 04:28 PM   #223
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementievavenus View Post
Good luck G/V
Thanks, but I got my ass handed to me this morning by the no.2 seed in the quarter-finals. I loss 6-2, 6-2. 25 unforced errors and 36% first serve percentage will get you this result. My opponent was solid and ran everything down.

Next event: Major Zone, Houston, Texas Easter Weekend.

Old Feb 27th, 2010, 04:30 PM   #224
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
Oh I get so irritated by players that play like that. I'm not the most patient opponent.

Old Feb 28th, 2010, 12:54 PM   #225
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

Graceful Venus - 36% first serves so glad no one has ever measured me!! I'm sure i've been below 10%