Your tennis results?! - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 25th, 2009, 07:04 AM   #196
country flag Bahia

Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future
Re: Your tennis results?!

I did a thriller with by buddy. It was high drama but not the best of the quality.

From 22 onward we traded breaks until 55. We both held to take it into a TB and this is when it got good.

I had success against his second serve but he stopped missing in the TB. He was hitting big serves outwide and serving/volleying. It got to 56, MP for him. He hit a serve and the first volley and I just calmly hit a BH lob that landed right on the baseline. I won the TB and the match 8-6 in the TB.
Bahia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 25th, 2009, 03:16 PM   #197
country flag GracefulVenus
Team WTAworld

GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafanovic View Post
Played against friend on saturday.

I won the match 7-6 6-3
We both started well holding serves. Until 2-2 where I took the next 3 games. I think I was a bit delusional from the heat and I lost 3 games and it was 5-5. Both held serve and I took the tie breaker 8-6. On my 4th set point.
2nd set I just played within myself, not over hitting. The heat got to us a little bit but other than that, I was playing better.

We had a rematch on Sunday. He wanted revenge. But I beat him even harder, winning 6-1 6-4.
I got up to 5-0 and he won 1 game on his serve. Before I closed out the set. (on an ace )
And the second set was tough before I FINALLY broke his serve at 4-4 and served it out at 5-4. On my 2nd match point.

Played really well.
Saved all break points that he had against me. So that was good.
What level player are you?

GV - Back From The Dead.........
Venus better have her hair fixed for the AO I'm just tired of it.
GracefulVenus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2009, 11:41 PM   #198
country flag Bahia

Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future

I am 4.0/4.5
Old Nov 25th, 2009, 11:51 PM   #199
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracefulVenus View Post
^^^^Sounds like a tough match. We all have em'. But I always take Vee's advice and learn as much as I can from the loss. I'm bad about thinking about a match 3 days after loosing. I remember just about every opponent I have every played and the score line. Totally freaks people out when they see me at events and we talk. ^^^^

My league match last night went fantastic. Because I won in straights we pulled off the win - as we were 2-2 with the opposing team when it was all said and done; with all of the matches except mine going 3 sets. I posted a 6-3, 6-3 win over a gentleman perhaps 2 times my age, but you have all types of players playing 3.5 men's tennis. Besides, the old fart hit about 4 aces on me.....
The older more experienced guys are tougher for me to play, because they don't try to do what they can't do. The twenty-somethings I play always try to blast their way out of trouble, and I just sit back and let them rack up the unforced errors. The guy I lost to Monday was about the same age and physical condition as me, so it really came down to who played the big points better, and it wasn't me.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2009, 12:56 AM   #200
Team WTAworld

GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinbaker00 View Post
The older more experienced guys are tougher for me to play, because they don't try to do what they can't do. The twenty-somethings I play always try to blast their way out of trouble, and I just sit back and let them rack up the unforced errors. The guy I lost to Monday was about the same age and physical condition as me, so it really came down to who played the big points better, and it wasn't me.
I hear you on that. The big points really count in league (no ad scoring).

Old Nov 26th, 2009, 10:00 AM   #201
country flag Shafanovic.
#claypova

Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracefulVenus View Post
What level player are you?
An A3 in Australia. I don't know what that's equal to there in America

CLAYPOVA
Shafanovic. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2009, 10:40 PM   #202
Team WTAworld

K, so I played 3.5 men's singles and mixed doubles at an event this weekend. So pissed because I was playing some of the best tennis of my life, taking out the no. 2 seed in the quarter-finals 6-3, 7-6(7), and I pull a groin muscle in my second mixed doubles match of the day. Tried to play the semi-finals but pulled out after I just couldn't move anymore. I retired to a guy that's plays on my league team after going down 0-4.

Mixed doubles was round-robin and my partner and I were 2-0 at the end of the first day, despite me pulling a groin muscle in the second match. We just knew that we would take the title. But it was not to be. I woke up stiff as hell and could barely walk, but I tried to play anyway. At the end of the day we didn't take the title because we tied another team with a 2-1 record and they loss to us in 3 sets on the first day.

I was so pissed because I couldn't move to balls!!! But I have to heal up and get ready for next season.

Last edited by GracefulVenus : Dec 17th, 2009 at 01:34 AM.
Old Dec 18th, 2009, 03:40 AM   #203
country flag Renalicious
goatra

Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I could play. But my season is over and I'm kind of injured. You guys are lucky.

serena, jankovic, venus, na, hsieh, date-krumm, jovanovski
makarova, diatchenko, halep, goerges and kvitova

My Youtube Channel
Renalicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2009, 10:14 PM   #204
country flag Bahia

What type of injury?
Old Dec 30th, 2009, 09:06 PM   #205
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renalicious View Post
I wish I could play. But my season is over and I'm kind of injured. You guys are lucky.
Get well soon!

Old Dec 30th, 2009, 09:23 PM   #206
country flag DefyingGravity

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute

In high school, I had these highlights:

Freshman year: 20-3; out of that 15-1 in first doubles, 5-2 in singles; sectional R16
Sophomore year: 16-5 in second singles; sectional quarterfinalist
Junior year: 20-7 in second singles; sectional 3rd place; district first round loss in 3 sets (4-6, 6-4, 0-6) --- this was my year that I struggled with a groin pull because Ohio has sketchy bloody weather and it can be 50 degrees and nice in April, and then get down to 36 which it did during this match and it made my hamstring brittle
Senior year: 20-8 in first singles; sectional 4th place (shoulder injury); district first round loss to defending champ.

I'm playing club tennis at Ohio University only because we got Title IX'd and lost varsity tennis.

I'm rated as a 5.0.
The Upstarts: Muguruza, Garcia
The Legends: Seles (9), Clijsters (4), Davenport (3), Testud
DefyingGravity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2009, 06:08 AM   #207
country flag Dunlop1

Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute

I AM SO MAAAAAAAAAD!!!!!

I lost a set after being up 5-0.
Unfreakingbelievable!!!

I am very particular about my string and tension. I play with a polyester string strung at 57lbs. I hit with a lot of topspin and have good accuracy and I rely on my accuracy to open up the court for the finishing shot.
Well I was playing a 4.0 league match against a tough opponent (solid off both sides and capable at net) but I was playing really well and got up to a 4-0 40-love lead.
AND THEN MY STRING BROKE
The string was broken in my second racquet (I use the Wilson ProStaff 95). I had a different racquet in my bag that has been there for ages and decided since I was up 4-0 I should be able to manage.
WRONG!

The tension was horrible. I was hitting everything long. It was so hard for me to get spin on the ball. My timing disappeared and my game completely fell apart.
I did manage to hold the 4-0 service game by hitting an unreturnable serve (luck, it didn't even go where I aimed)
but after that I couldn't win 4 points in a row.

He came back and won the set 7-5.

Dunlop1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2009, 02:33 PM   #208
country flag DefyingGravity

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute

OH NO!!! That's awful, I'm so sorry. I've had that happen to me before, actually. Playing this Dementieva style opponent and I really needed rackets I was used to, and I presumed to break two strings in the opening set, which I won in a tiebreak, but then got blitzed 6-1, 6-2 because I was playing with a teammates borrowed racket. UGH!!!!

I feel your pain on that one!
The Upstarts: Muguruza, Garcia
The Legends: Seles (9), Clijsters (4), Davenport (3), Testud
DefyingGravity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2010, 06:00 PM   #209
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunlop1 View Post
I AM SO MAAAAAAAAAD!!!!!

I lost a set after being up 5-0.
Unfreakingbelievable!!!

I am very particular about my string and tension. I play with a polyester string strung at 57lbs. I hit with a lot of topspin and have good accuracy and I rely on my accuracy to open up the court for the finishing shot.
Well I was playing a 4.0 league match against a tough opponent (solid off both sides and capable at net) but I was playing really well and got up to a 4-0 40-love lead.
AND THEN MY STRING BROKE
The string was broken in my second racquet (I use the Wilson ProStaff 95). I had a different racquet in my bag that has been there for ages and decided since I was up 4-0 I should be able to manage.
WRONG!

The tension was horrible. I was hitting everything long. It was so hard for me to get spin on the ball. My timing disappeared and my game completely fell apart.
I did manage to hold the 4-0 service game by hitting an unreturnable serve (luck, it didn't even go where I aimed)
but after that I couldn't win 4 points in a row.

He came back and won the set 7-5.

Man, that's the type of matches you have nightmares about!

Old Jan 2nd, 2010, 06:02 PM   #210
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementievavenus View Post
In high school, I had these highlights:

Freshman year: 20-3; out of that 15-1 in first doubles, 5-2 in singles; sectional R16
Sophomore year: 16-5 in second singles; sectional quarterfinalist
Junior year: 20-7 in second singles; sectional 3rd place; district first round loss in 3 sets (4-6, 6-4, 0-6) --- this was my year that I struggled with a groin pull because Ohio has sketchy bloody weather and it can be 50 degrees and nice in April, and then get down to 36 which it did during this match and it made my hamstring brittle
Senior year: 20-8 in first singles; sectional 4th place (shoulder injury); district first round loss to defending champ.

I'm playing club tennis at Ohio University only because we got Title IX'd and lost varsity tennis.

I'm rated as a 5.0.
Sounds like you are a solid player. Good luck this season.