Your tennis results?! - Page 129 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 1st, 2014, 09:35 AM   #1921
country flag Idemo

Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Your tennis results?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kəv. View Post
I dont think there are any besides the 18s champs. You'll have to play AMTs if your 17+

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
That's odd, when I checked (which was a while ago) there were some in other states. Maybe they're phasing them out because of lack of entries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kiwi Fan View Post
Ok then, I was thinking it was a system you could use to find a doubles partner or something
I think it might help you find a hitting partner or something if you want, I'm not sure, I've never looked into it. If you enter doubles in a tournament, and list yourself as "partner required", you'll get paired with somebody else who doesn't have a partner, based on rankings.
DOUBLES TITLES: 2014 Osaka (w/HenryMag.), 2014 Quebec City (w/goOudinUSA),
2014 Biarritz $100K (w/HenryMag.), 2014 Nottingham $50K (w/cornet224),
2014 Melbourne $15K (w/cornet224)
Idemo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 1st, 2014, 09:41 AM   #1922
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idemo View Post
That's odd, when I checked (which was a while ago) there were some in other states. Maybe they're phasing them out because of lack of entries.
Oh woops, I meant to say only in VIC. Not sure about other states though

QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA. TAMARINE TANASUGARN.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GOERGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. DESTANEE AIAVA.
QUEEN ALEJANDRA NANCARREZ
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2014, 01:49 PM   #1923
country flag Inger67

Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute

Very very upset with myself last night as I lost my first ever USTA match. I played #1 singles on my team and played a guy with a 4.5 serve but then a pusher/moonballer for groundstrokes. The worst possible combination for me.

I couldn't get any rhythm going in the first set in my return games. I hardly got any returns in. He hit so many aces and service winners - it was unreal. So that put pressure on me and my ground game since I knew when I got in a rally, I really couldn't afford to lose it. The first set went by quickly: 6-1.

Second set I started to not take full swings on returns but just tried to get them in play to start the point. It was working and before I knew it, I was up 5-1 - moving him around from side to side and hitting dropshots as he wasn't the quickest. I was moving my feet really well and when I got short balls (which was nearly every ball), I wouldn't miss it. Then he started to get his rhythm back on his serve where he was acing me nearly every point again. Soon enough, things got a lot closer and a lot tighter. All he did the whole match was moonball pretty much. And at one point at 5-3* deuce he hit a moonball deep this time and I was all the way back at the curtain, hitting the back wall and when I swung at the ball, I hit a low hanging light.. Seriously? Who the hell has such low hanging lights right next to the back wall at an indoor tennis court

Needless to say, I was just fuming at that point. I lost my serve again at *5-4 and got his serve to deuce at 5-5 before he hit two amazing serves which I could do nothing about. Was 40-0 and Ad-40 up to stay in it at *5-6 but same old same old, he pushed and moonballed his way to a win. 6-1, 7-5 with me being 5-1 up in the second.

I was so beyond disappointed in myself. I couldn't stay with it and hit through him. We ended up losing the match as a team 2-3 but are still in first in the conference by a tiebreaker. We basically have to win our next two matches to guarantee first place.
TT Singles Current Ranking: #1 (CH Ranking: #1)
Titles(6): Linz 2014, Cincinnati 2014, Wimbledon 2014, Marrakech 2014, Quebec City 2012, Cincinnati 2011
TT Doubles Current Ranking: #28 (CH Ranking: #8)
Titles(6): Cincinnati 2014, Bucharest 2014, Tokyo 2012 (w/New_balls_please), Stanford 2012, Carlsbad 2011, Osaka 2011 (w/rvugt)
Inger67 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2014, 05:10 PM   #1924
country flag Proflyer98

Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of

Quote:
How did it go
Ahahahaha I played the kid and lost in 3 sets in the semis losing 7-6 (8-6) 5-7 10-8 playing super tiebreak for the third set. I had so many chances to get to the finals, but I kept thinking about the next match and made some really bad misses. Managed to fight back alot in the first set he was winning 5-3 before I came back and got it to 6-5 for myself, before he levelled it. I then had chances in the first set tiebreak, screwed it up. I then broke straight in the second after losing the first set, but I couldn't hold my own serve. We kept breaking eachother until 5-5 when I broke for 6-5 and finally managed to hold serve I was really annoyed that I didn't win the set more easily. In the super tiebreak I again led 6-2 but after mulitple failed attack shots he leveled it and I made more mistakes and lost 10-8....

The match around 2 hr 5 minutes, the longest I have ever played a match...

Nonetheless it was a good weekend for me, I beat the 4th seed, and then fought hard in the semis, I won 2 matches lost one, I just need to see now how many rank points I get, I hope it helps boost my rank so I get better draws next time. Thanks for reading
Vesna Dolonc
Aleksandra Krunic
Jovana Jaksic
Proflyer98 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 12:27 AM   #1925
country flag The Walking Bye

The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proflyer98 View Post
Ahahahaha I played the kid and lost in 3 sets in the semis losing 7-6 (8-6) 5-7 10-8 playing super tiebreak for the third set. I had so many chances to get to the finals, but I kept thinking about the next match and made some really bad misses. Managed to fight back alot in the first set he was winning 5-3 before I came back and got it to 6-5 for myself, before he levelled it. I then had chances in the first set tiebreak, screwed it up. I then broke straight in the second after losing the first set, but I couldn't hold my own serve. We kept breaking eachother until 5-5 when I broke for 6-5 and finally managed to hold serve I was really annoyed that I didn't win the set more easily. In the super tiebreak I again led 6-2 but after mulitple failed attack shots he leveled it and I made more mistakes and lost 10-8....

The match around 2 hr 5 minutes, the longest I have ever played a match...

Nonetheless it was a good weekend for me, I beat the 4th seed, and then fought hard in the semis, I won 2 matches lost one, I just need to see now how many rank points I get, I hope it helps boost my rank so I get better draws next time. Thanks for reading
Good fight

You sound like me, thinking ahead during the match. You seem to be able to beat the good players but your nerves and concentration make you get tight. Next time you are playing, try to get into 'the zone' and forget about everything but the match. If your minds wanders, or you begin thinking about the next match (when you have a lead) just take a second to refocus and run the current on court tactics you are using through your mind.

If you stuff up a lead, don't get annoyed and just forget about missed chances and focus on the current situation.

Rankings: Singles Rank: 131 Race: 120 Doubles Rank: 151 Race: 65
Titles:
Singles: Aning 25K 2014 Doubles: Barnstaple 25K 2014
The Walking Bye is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 12:58 AM   #1926
country flag Cheda 16.17

Cheda 16.17 has much to be proud of Cheda 16.17 has much to be proud of Cheda 16.17 has much to be proud of Cheda 16.17 has much to be proud of Cheda 16.17 has much to be proud of Cheda 16.17 has much to be proud of Cheda 16.17 has much to be proud of Cheda 16.17 has much to be proud of Cheda 16.17 has much to be proud of Cheda 16.17 has much to be proud of Cheda 16.17 has much to be proud of

Hi, everyone!
I was playing one match with my dear friend, and I won 57 76(5) 64.. It was a mess...
I haven't played any tennis match since at the beginning of May when I lost 61 62 and having a problem with left leg and with nose. I had 17 double faults. Just one ace. That serve was really slow, but I found angle and my friend didn't arrive to this ball.
In first set.. 8:6 in DFs for me... I led 5:1, I was f**king Vania King vs GOAT Meusburger... You know my game, just trying on his serve to return like Camila Giorgi, and at the beginning I hit forehand CC... But from the 5:1, my friend somehow hit some moon balls, and I had a problem to hit it back... I always hit the net. :/ Made too much DFs and I gave him a chance to outcome this results and won first set. ... Backhand CC didn't work (fucking wind).
In second, in first game I hit all the first services, but he brake me. I re-brake in the next game. But it was better tennis than first set, and we got that rhythm. Had nice rallies. He tried I think to hit 10 drop shots, but I have all arrived. And returned in his court. Then, he led 3:1*-->4:2*--->5:3* and I said to me: "You must broke him", ofc in myself, he isn't that good player, my returns were coming back, I broke him, then played Tie-break, where I consistently won this. In third set, he again got the early break 3:1*, then I change my game plan, I was trying to hit forehand CC, as in the first set, really strong... And it was working well.
Then, I heard him when he was screaming in one moment and hit stronger. And finally won 6:4 that third set. Had 7 return winners.
I know that I must work on my serve, but for the first time after 2 months, I played a good tennis.
I am really happy. Time played: 2 hours and 45 minutes.
Doubles: 2013 ITF Koksijde w/TheJoh, ITF Westende-Middelkerke w/TheJoh; 2014- WTA Auckland w/TheJoh, ITF Tinajo II w/TTomek, ITF Osprey w/TheJoh, WTA s'Hertogenbosch w/TheJoh, ITF Contrexeville w/TheJoh

Wimbledon 2013: #BestCarrer Entrance: as Alt Played R3

Last edited by Cheda 16.17 : Jul 3rd, 2014 at 08:35 PM.
Cheda 16.17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2014, 03:20 PM   #1927
country flag Proflyer98

Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Good fight

You sound like me, thinking ahead during the match. You seem to be able to beat the good players but your nerves and concentration make you get tight. Next time you are playing, try to get into 'the zone' and forget about everything but the match. If your minds wanders, or you begin thinking about the next match (when you have a lead) just take a second to refocus and run the current on court tactics you are using through your mind.

If you stuff up a lead, don't get annoyed and just forget about missed chances and focus on the current situation.
Thanks for the tips, and ya that's definitely me. Here's my profile feel free to abuse it lol haha. http://ota.tournamentsoftware.com/ra...&player=893099
Vesna Dolonc
Aleksandra Krunic
Jovana Jaksic
Old Jul 7th, 2014, 01:08 AM   #1928

The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute The Walking Bye has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. So are you playing all your matches at under 18 level and getting all those points on your 16 ranking as well?

Titles:
Old Jul 7th, 2014, 11:03 PM   #1929
country flag Proflyer98

Quote:
Thanks. So are you playing all your matches at under 18 level and getting all those points on your 16 ranking as well?
Ya it's kinda weird, but ya that's how the system works!
Vesna Dolonc
Aleksandra Krunic
Jovana Jaksic
Old Jul 11th, 2014, 01:39 AM   #1930
country flag Proflyer98

Hey guys again, Im playing another tournament this weekend starting tomorrow at my home club really small one only 8 people in it, but it even has consolation round idk how. I'm playing the first seed (no surprise there) I was wondering if there is any tips on what to do. Go all out, try and remain consistent?
Vesna Dolonc
Aleksandra Krunic
Jovana Jaksic
Old Jul 11th, 2014, 02:00 AM   #1931
country flag Spencer.
Backhand Pays the Bills

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute

Played last Sunday evening and won a routine, and pretty convincing match 6-2 6-3

Very straight forward for the most part. I entered the match in a different mindset. I wasn't "excited" to play that day. I was honestly a little tired, and sort of wouldn't have minded if I just stayed home

It's hard to explain. It isn't like I didn't want to be there, it isn't like I didn't care, but I was just very nonchalant about the match. Wasn't like "let's get ready to do this!" kind of attitude or outlook. I think it helped in the long run because I didn't get nervous really, I wasn't angry at myself at all, either (which is probably the 1st time in history I didn't get mad at myself once). Only issues were I served for the set at 5-1, but honestly I didn't care because I ended up breaking, and serving first in set 2. I like serving first

Second set I went up 3-1 when he broke me, but I quickly broke back. Had a couple of big holds. 1st game of the match and last game of the match (serving at 5-3) I went from 40-0 to deuce, but eventually pulled it out with a win. Had a lot of good net points, some not so good, but they were enjoyable after reflecting on the match. Even took it on my first match point, with an inside out FH winner that landed right in the corner of the court
Spencer. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2014, 02:05 AM   #1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proflyer98 View Post
Hey guys again, Im playing another tournament this weekend starting tomorrow at my home club really small one only 8 people in it, but it even has consolation round idk how. I'm playing the first seed (no surprise there) I was wondering if there is any tips on what to do. Go all out, try and remain consistent?
Depends on their game. If they are hard hitters and playing well, try and match them from the back of the court-you won't beat them in power, but you can move them around, hitting side to side, and throwing in dropshot everytime they get used to staying at the baseline. Keep them moving, don't let them take control of the rallies.

If they just sit in the middle of the baseline, swinging side to side and you are just returning those shots, giving them short balls, they are playing their game, so make sure to dropshot or slice when this happens-something to disrupt their rhythm. In short, hit as hard as you can while still being consistent. If you hit hard and make loads of errors you are handing it to them.

If they are defenders, crafty net players, counter punchers etc., try play your game. Attack the serves and go for the lines. Make sure they are always on the back foot. Try and reposition as soon as you've hit your serve. While dropshots are a good option, don't do one when they are too close to the net, as you do not want to have to pass or lob a good net player if they easily return the dropshot. If you get into a slice rally, keep it going while staying in a position to retrieve anything if you are comfortable with slice (as they could "surprise' you with a powerful non slice shot anytime) or if you aren't, change the rally back to topspin/flat by moving them somewhere else in the court with a strong shot.

If they are having a bad day, making a lot of errors, playing like Shitra, then play strong and consistent. Don't go for powerful shots, just move them round and attack their serves, stepping well in for the 2nd serve. Make sure to saty focussed as they could start playing well at any time.

Hope this helps

Titles:
Old Jul 11th, 2014, 02:35 AM   #1933
country flag Proflyer98

Quote:
Depends on their game. If they are hard hitters and playing well, try and match them from the back of the court-you won't beat them in power, but you can move them around, hitting side to side, and throwing in dropshot everytime they get used to staying at the baseline. Keep them moving, don't let them take control of the rallies.

If they just sit in the middle of the baseline, swinging side to side and you are just returning those shots, giving them short balls, they are playing their game, so make sure to dropshot or slice when this happens-something to disrupt their rhythm. In short, hit as hard as you can while still being consistent. If you hit hard and make loads of errors you are handing it to them.

If they are defenders, crafty net players, counter punchers etc., try play your game. Attack the serves and go for the lines. Make sure they are always on the back foot. Try and reposition as soon as you've hit your serve. While dropshots are a good option, don't do one when they are too close to the net, as you do not want to have to pass or lob a good net player if they easily return the dropshot. If you get into a slice rally, keep it going while staying in a position to retrieve anything if you are comfortable with slice (as they could "surprise' you with a powerful non slice shot anytime) or if you aren't, change the rally back to topspin/flat by moving them somewhere else in the court with a strong shot.

If they are having a bad day, making a lot of errors, playing like Shitra, then play strong and consistent. Don't go for powerful shots, just move them round and attack their serves, stepping well in for the 2nd serve. Make sure to saty focussed as they could start playing well at any time.

Hope this helps
Ahahaa thanks so much

I will try that, I just hope my nerves don't get the best of me. I was practicing today and everything was really good my strokes and serve the backhand is the only thing I am having trouble with. I played two sets with a friend from Venezuela who moved to Toronto last year, he played ITF over there and was getting to second rounds but losing to seeds so low-level ITF player. We always play and like finally today I played pretty well according to my self. I still lost in straight sets but it was much more competitive than usual. I lost 6-3 6-3 whereas I usually lose like 6-3 6-1 or something like even worse. So I played well, but he always plays well against me so my best score was 6-4 losing to him. Anyway he is probably way better than the person i play tomorrow hopefully I can get a grip and get my best win. Thanks for the tips!!!
Vesna Dolonc
Aleksandra Krunic
Jovana Jaksic
Old Jul 11th, 2014, 11:35 AM   #1934
country flag ivanxie

ivanxie is a name known to all ivanxie is a name known to all ivanxie is a name known to all ivanxie is a name known to all ivanxie is a name known to all ivanxie is a name known to all ivanxie is a name known to all ivanxie is a name known to all ivanxie is a name known to all ivanxie is a name known to all ivanxie is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen V. View Post
I have family in the north of Sydney, where it is majority
So true... Sydney is all synthetic grass. The only decent hard courts are at Olympic Park...
ivanxie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2014, 11:49 AM   #1935
country flag ivanxie

ivanxie is a name known to all ivanxie is a name known to all ivanxie is a name known to all ivanxie is a name known to all ivanxie is a name known to all ivanxie is a name known to all ivanxie is a name known to all ivanxie is a name known to all ivanxie is a name known to all ivanxie is a name known to all ivanxie is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kəv. View Post
Oh woops, I meant to say only in VIC. Not sure about other states though

It's so aggravating in Sydney because all the 18/u say they're White and when they don't get enough people they change to Gold because there's no prize money and all these crazy 12 year olds come and beat the s*** out of you and you paid $60 for some little brag to beat you? No thanks.
ivanxie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote