Your tennis results?! - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 29th, 2009, 08:03 PM   #166
country flag the jamierbelyea
I did it for the aesthetics.

the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Your tennis results?!

Haha my oh my what can I say about today?

The opening match I played someone who plays with a lot of top spin , very consistent, mixes spin, but really big top spin. Got nearly everything back. It's the exact player I knew I would struggle against, and that's exactly what I did.

The first four games went to deuce, and I lost all four (we played them out). I think not getting on the board early really wore on my confidence.

Rather then battling back and staying in the rallies, I tried to go for winners all the time. Needless to say I got double bageled. I'm not unhappy with it, as he's a player I don't play well against, and had I been able to hold serve in the beginning of the match, I think it would've slowed things down. I'm a momentum player.

In the back draw I lost my first match 9-11. It was a bit better for me, but I went down 0-4 (I am known for my slow starts lately), got it back to 4-4, and pretty much had a break fest until I finally got it to 8-7. I had been breaking him on the regular, and of course netted two returns, and lost that game 8-8. I got broken for 8-9, broke him back for 9-9, then lost the next 8 points when things really mattered.

When I was down I was swinging free, going for my big shots, and it was ideal. When we tied or I got into the lead, I started moonballing, which is not the way I should be playing.

I'm a big guy, and trying to grind out a rally with moonballs is not the way to play. I also only hit 2-3 really good serves this match.

Even though I was apprehensive, here's a video of me at a very unfit point last year, playing a double match. It's a 2nd serve, and a forehand forced error. Then I think a first serve fault.

I think it puts things in perspective. I should be hitting forehands like that, and not you know, moonballing haha. My footwork is atrocious, serve is all upper-body, but you know taking this video really helped me imrpove my game (and fitness! haha).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQfTN-1o_uM
the jamierbelyea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 29th, 2009, 11:36 PM   #167
country flag Shafanovic.
#claypova

Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute

You've got a good serve

CLAYPOVA
Shafanovic. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2009, 02:04 AM   #168
country flag Keegan

Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute

Won: 6-4, 6-1, 6-0
Lost: 4-6, 6-1, 9-11

Kind of realised that when I control my temper and just focus on my game I play a lot better, hence the second set.
Wimbledon 2004
US Open 2006
Olympic Silver
Victoria Azarenka | Petra Kvitova | Angelique Kerber | Caroline Wozniacki | Serena Williams | Heather Watson | Eugenie Bouchard
Keegan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 12:04 AM   #169
country flag drake3781

drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute

My first interclub match of the season yesterday. I moved up to a higher level, so tougher opponents, even though I didn't do so well last season at the previous level.

Yesterday: Lost the first set, won the second, then lost in a third set tiebreaker. I just need to be a tiny bit better, and I can win these matches. So close.

Things I did well - a few aces on my serve for the first time ever! Some deep and hard forehands she could not return.

On the down side, I hit too many long (out) and also I missed a few of my dtl backhands (out), . So I'll have to improve my topspin. Also when I served from the ad side, she got too many points hitting serve returns dtl and low so I couldn't get them.
drake3781 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 11:25 PM   #170
country flag Dave.
Winner

Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute

Lost today 6-2 4-6 10-7 I'm devastated. I hate those 3rd set tiebreaks but we played it cos we didn't have enough time. This was my home club tournament too. 3rd year in a row I've gone out at this stage (QF's).

Anyway, the match. I was actually 2-6 1-4 down so I should be happy I even made it close. But having won 5 games in a row I would have loved the opportunity to play the 3rd. I was 3-0 then 5-3 up in the tie-break, then at 7-7 had a put away which I totally mishit, and that was that. These type of losses are the worst ones.

It was quite windy and so I ended up playing a bit too passive which really is not my game. I hit lots of good winners, I just wish I could stay forcing myself to be aggressive the whole match and not let my opponent take control. I'm not happy with the way I lost the match and I was disgusted with the way I played to get down in the first place. But I am pleased about the way I fought back, usually I would just lose in that position. Something just clicked in where I told myself to take it just one point at a time and forget the score, and it worked for once!

Never mind. I won my first two matches pretty easily and played well, and I'm still in the doubles. Oh and my right knee is really hurting now, been that way for the past couple of weeks, and I've got tournaments lined up throughout the winter.
Dave. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2009, 05:40 AM   #171
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

I won a three-set, three-hour classic (by NTRP 4.0 standards, anyway) this afternoon: 7-6(1), 3-6, 6-2.

FIRST SET: I was broken in my second service game to go down 1-3, but broke back in the eighth game to even it 4-4. We held serve until the tiebreak, where I dominated 7-1.

SECOND SET: Streaky, streaky, streaky. My opponent won the first three games, I won the next three games, then he won the last three games to close it out. For whatever reason, I always get off to a slow start in the second set after winning the first. Perhaps I need to make an appointment with Dr. Allen Fox.

THIRD SET: This was basically survival of the fittest. Two out of every three games we played had multiple deuces (hence the three-hour length), and my opponent was clearly the less fit of the two of us. He stopped moving his feet and started reaching for balls, most of which wound up landing outside the lines. I must admit, though, that I pulled a Dinara Safina: I served for the match at 5-1 and got broken. I broke back right away to win it, but I need to resolve my closing issues. The last time I did that, I wound up losing the third set 5-7.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2009, 04:43 PM   #172
country flag Acinolbaj

Acinolbaj has disabled reputation

I lost today 6-2 6-0. I started so great but then
Acinolbaj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2009, 05:49 PM   #173
country flag igralec33

igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute

I played against friend two days ago and won 67 (5) 75 64.
Match was 2 hours and 30 minutes long.
After match (we played at morning) I was so tired that I couldn't do nothing the whole day.
Old Oct 8th, 2009, 07:29 AM   #174
Lefty.
박규리

Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute

I've had some interesting matches during my high school tennis season this year

4-6, 6-3, 10-7: My dubs partner and I won the first 3 games, then lost the next 5. I had to call a line judge in the 2nd since it felt like every single close shot our opponents called out. Really happy we scraped the win out in the end.

7-6(4), 6-4: We were down 0-5 and we were totally crap but I think we realized we didn't want to be bageled by players that we thought were worse than us so we got it together and won a ton of games in a row.

7-5, 7-5: Should have been 6-2, 6-2. But I wasn't too miffed at the end since this school we played was the Division I state champion from the previous year and I had never won a match against players from this school, so it was still very sweet at the end when me and my dubs partner won even though overall our school lost.

Lefty. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2009, 07:45 AM   #175
country flag ArturoAce.
Chip 'n Charge

ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute

what state are you from? maybe i'll see you one day
ArturoAce. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2009, 04:26 PM   #176
Lefty.
박규리

Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute

California Probably not, I don't play tournaments regularly and i'm pretty sure i'm not good enough to be recruited by colleges and I play almost exclusively doubles. I do love dubs tho.

Lefty. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2009, 04:30 PM   #177
country flag Shafanovic.
#claypova

Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute

I played against my friend a while ago.

Almost 6 hours of play.

5 sets

2-6 6-1 1-6 6-2 7-6

I saved 5 MPs in the fifth set at 4-5, 5-6 and tiebreak. And he saved 3 of mine and I won on my fourth.
It was so memorable for me.

CLAYPOVA
Shafanovic. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2009, 07:02 AM   #178
country flag Caralenko
Senior Bint.

Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute

Played for a tiny club "tournament" which is really just a group of us drawing up matches and seeing who is the best.

R1
6-3 6-1.

The only games my opponents got were their serve No breaks. I did however, keep shanking forehands into the net I have awful footwork however...

For anyone who's interested
Caralenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2009, 02:06 AM   #179
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caraleede View Post
Played for a tiny club "tournament" which is really just a group of us drawing up matches and seeing who is the best.

R1
6-3 6-1.

The only games my opponents got were their serve No breaks. I did however, keep shanking forehands into the net I have awful footwork however...

For anyone who's interested
I lost a tough Ultimate Tennis match today 5-7, 3-6. We were on serve in the first set until the very last game, when I got broken at 5-6. My opponent then started the second set 3-0 (hold, break, hold), and not only could I not break back, I couldn't even force a break point on his serve. For some reason, the most basic groundstroke in the game (cross-court forehand) is giving me the most problems right now. If I can't get that solved, it's going to be a LONG season.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2009, 07:34 AM   #180
country flag Dunlop1

Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute

Won 6-1, 6-3 yesterday 4.0 league match: Accused of Sandbagging.

I was taking it very easy because it was a morning match (I am so sluggish in the morning) and it is my first match back after an arm injury.
Well I went up 5-0 really easily.
I decided to tank a little in the second set to make it a bit more competitive.

The guy I played sucked. He kept making mistakes. His backhand is a slice only, and an average slice. A few times it had enough backspin to bother me but most times I could hit winners off it. His forehand was a mess and his serve wasn't big. All I had to do was hit the ball deep with a good amount of topspin and after 3 or 4 shots he would hit it in the net or long.

Play another match tomorrow.
We'll see how that goes.
Dunlop1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote