Your tennis results?! - Page 112 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 8th, 2014, 05:37 PM   #1666
country flag Inger67

Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Your tennis results?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer. View Post
My friend who crushes me is at a 4.0 level and he went undefeated. Ended up in 2nd place by technicality because people defaulted against him, giving him a win but not the maximum points. He beat the guy who finished 1st, but since the guy in first didn't have opponents who defaulted, he ended up getting top spot

In all honestly there are some people who are worse than 3.0 I played, some who are like me at a solid 3.0, and others who I think could go to 3.5 without issue. The playoffs I think most people make it (unless you lose every match idk lol). It might be best to start off 4.0 because if you win every match easily then you can't do the playoffs and you'll be forced to move up to the next ranking level of play

But starting off at 3.5 will help you get more into the groove of things, playing matches every week, playing different styles of play week in and week out, get match fitness and mindset consistent, etc.

I have my first playoff round set for this Saturday night. It's just a single elimination thing set up like a grand slam. You have to win 7 matches to win the whole thing.

Hope this helps!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
It does, thank you! Yeah, I'll go on the USTA website and try to find some leagues near me to see what is available. Good luck with the tournament! Let us know how it goes
Venus Williams • Urszula Radwanska • Lyudmyla Kichenok • Garbiñe Muguruza • Simona Halep • Agnieszka Radwanska • Kristina Mladenovic • Taylor Townsend • Ajla Tomljanovic • Caroline Wozniacki • Carla Suárez Navarro
TT Singles Current Ranking: #4 (CH Ranking: #4)
Titles: Wimbledon 2014, Marrakech 2014, Quebec City 2012, Cincinnati 2011
TT Doubles Current Ranking: #32 (CH Ranking: #8)
Titles: Tokyo 2012 (w/New_balls_please), Stanford 2012, Carlsbad 2011, Osaka 2011 (w/rvugt)
French Open 2013 Finalist (w/New_balls_please)
Inger67 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 8th, 2014, 06:27 PM   #1667
country flag Spencer.
New Caro Stan!

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inger67 View Post
It does, thank you! Yeah, I'll go on the USTA website and try to find some leagues near me to see what is available. Good luck with the tournament! Let us know how it goes
I will I play someone with consistent results so it'll be tough for sure.

I'm a part of USTA as well but no tournaments or leagues are close to me so it was kind of a waste of $45 I'm definitely sticking with Ultimate Tennis.

My friend just texted me that he got an email from UT and they said you did so good in the season you can't do the playoffs. It's so backwards it's crazy

We'll always have Wimbly 07
Spencer. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 02:52 PM   #1668
country flag KCatty

KCatty is a name known to all KCatty is a name known to all KCatty is a name known to all KCatty is a name known to all KCatty is a name known to all KCatty is a name known to all KCatty is a name known to all KCatty is a name known to all KCatty is a name known to all KCatty is a name known to all KCatty is a name known to all

What kind of league punishes you for doing well??? that's just crazy.

I just moved up in my club league... placement is based on tencap scoring. Lost 6-2, 6-0 to a solid 3.5 player, but was happy that I went toe to toe with her in most points, just wasn't finishing well. She asked to hit with me sometime, so that was good!

Doubles last night was a 6-2, 6-1 victory, which was nice as I'm new to doubles and want my ranking to improve.

Playing USTA Flex league match on Saturday morning against an opponent I've seen a couple times and who has beaten me handily in the past. I've really worked the past several months to up my game, so anxious to see if it is paying off!! LOL
KCatty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 03:57 PM   #1669
country flag Spencer.
New Caro Stan!

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCatty View Post
What kind of league punishes you for doing well??? that's just crazy.

I just moved up in my club league... placement is based on tencap scoring. Lost 6-2, 6-0 to a solid 3.5 player, but was happy that I went toe to toe with her in most points, just wasn't finishing well. She asked to hit with me sometime, so that was good!

Doubles last night was a 6-2, 6-1 victory, which was nice as I'm new to doubles and want my ranking to improve.

Playing USTA Flex league match on Saturday morning against an opponent I've seen a couple times and who has beaten me handily in the past. I've really worked the past several months to up my game, so anxious to see if it is paying off!! LOL
I honestly don't know why they do that. I mean you should be rewarded with playoff when you win a lot, right? Apparently not. They're also forcing him to move up to a higher level as well. It's the only downside of this league I guess.

I signed up for USTA but all of the leagues are too far away to drive and when I contact the people in charge of the leagues MULTIPLE TIMES they don't ever respond to me. I've pretty much given up on USTA. Sometimes they have tournaments about 30 minutes from my house, but I don't feel liked paying $35 + tax for 1 tournament if I don't have to lol

Old Apr 9th, 2014, 05:37 PM   #1670
country flag Inger67

Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute

I emailed someone in my area and she is taking forever to get back to me
Venus Williams • Urszula Radwanska • Lyudmyla Kichenok • Garbiñe Muguruza • Simona Halep • Agnieszka Radwanska • Kristina Mladenovic • Taylor Townsend • Ajla Tomljanovic • Caroline Wozniacki • Carla Suárez Navarro
Titles: Tokyo 2012 (w/New_balls_please), Stanford 2012, Carlsbad 2011, Osaka 2011 (w/rvugt)
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 06:12 PM   #1671
country flag Spencer.
New Caro Stan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inger67 View Post
I emailed someone in my area and she is taking forever to get back to me
That's why I stopped trying with USTA. Literally no one got back in touch with me for a season long league. People at Ultimate Tennis are good about getting back to you. Every time I email them.with questions they respond within 24 hours which is nice.

And if people don't get back with you to play a match, you can win by default

Old Apr 9th, 2014, 06:56 PM   #1672
country flag KCatty

KCatty is a name known to all KCatty is a name known to all KCatty is a name known to all KCatty is a name known to all KCatty is a name known to all KCatty is a name known to all KCatty is a name known to all KCatty is a name known to all KCatty is a name known to all KCatty is a name known to all KCatty is a name known to all

Sadly, I know folks have had similar issues here. A gal at my club signed up for a singles league at another semi-public tennis center. The league didn't make and the contact person vaguely mentioned USTA Flex league, but gave her no sign up info. Yeah, he runs the Flex league!! Our club only has minimal opportunities for organized singles play and she was looking to pick up another match each week. I pointed her in the right direction, but it's sad that she had to have a fellow player help her.

The one thing that sucks about flex league here is that my metro area is quite large, so I can end up driving 20-30 minutes for a match... and that's at a court that's a halfway point for my opponent and I. Hoping I can maybe get on a regular USTA team this summer now that my play level has risen.
KCatty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 06:58 PM   #1673
country flag Inger67

Yeah.. One person has responded to me but those leagues that she runs are an hour drive away. I am not driving an hour every week or so to play 1 match

Still waiting on the person from MY area to respond
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 07:10 PM   #1674
country flag Adrian.
Let's have a kiki!

Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't play since end of August and am scheduled to play first match again on 4th of May

Don't know how this should work out

Adrian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2014, 08:27 AM   #1675
country flag Idemo

Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute

Playing my tournament tomorrow, but I won't be shocked if we get washed out on the first day.

I just hope I don't flop. I always get the WORST nerves in tournaments.
DOUBLES TITLES: 2014 Biarritz $100K (w/HenryMag.), 2014 Nottingham $50K (w/cornet224), 2014 Melbourne $15K (w/cornet224)
Idemo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2014, 08:50 AM   #1676
country flag The Kiwi Fan

The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idemo View Post
Playing my tournament tomorrow, but I won't be shocked if we get washed out on the first day.

I just hope I don't flop. I always get the WORST nerves in tournaments.
Good Luck! Oh, and what surface btw?

For some reason I play far better when people are watching me in tournaments, than practising, I don't know why, I just like the competitiveness, and I do better mentally as well, as I saved an MP in my last match.(still lost after having my own MP thought)

Tennis Tipping:

Titles: Singles: 50K Aning 2014 Doubles:
The Kiwi Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2014, 08:51 AM   #1677
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Rained a lot today in Gosford apparently

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2014, 08:54 AM   #1678
country flag The Kiwi Fan

The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future The Kiwi Fan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Is that a good thing

Tennis Tipping:

Titles: Singles: 50K Aning 2014 Doubles:
The Kiwi Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2014, 09:02 AM   #1679
country flag Idemo

Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kiwi Fan View Post
Good Luck! Oh, and what surface btw?

For some reason I play far better when people are watching me in tournaments, than practising, I don't know why, I just like the competitiveness, and I do better mentally as well, as I saved an MP in my last match.(still lost after having my own MP thought)
Thank you, and clay.

I can manage to GOAT for periods of time in practise or when I'm just mucking around, but the moment there's any pressure, I collapse like a house of cards.
DOUBLES TITLES: 2014 Biarritz $100K (w/HenryMag.), 2014 Nottingham $50K (w/cornet224), 2014 Melbourne $15K (w/cornet224)
Idemo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2014, 09:35 AM   #1680
country flag Six Feet Under
Singleniacki

Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
It missed the tennis centre for once we only had a 30min delay haha.

Won a match yewww