How much, do you think the Net knows about you? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 10:39 PM   #1
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
Post How much, do you think the Net knows about you?

Our profiles have little information. Most of us are aware of possibilities and incredible information capacity of the Net. Yet, how much information, do you think, can be gotten about you, if, say, very knowledgeable and skillful Web searcher would try ones best to collect all possible information about you starting from your WtaWorld profile only?

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 11:33 PM   #2
country flag Randy H
Moderator - Juniors

Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute
tons of personal information for me, it's extremely easy to find personal information on others just by knowing a few small details about a person. i guess it just depends how much that sort of thing concerns you. for myself personally, it doesn't bother me...it probably should, and you hear bad stories from time to time about crazy people online etc. but i honestly don't really care who knows my phone number, who knows where i live, or whatever. i'm just not paranoid about it.
"Religion has actually convinced people that there is an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. Any if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But he loves you."

George Carlin
Randy H is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2001, 11:46 PM   #3
StevenM

StevenM is an unknown quantity at this point
ditto randy!

If I wanted your opinion, Id beat it outta you
StevenM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2001, 05:19 AM   #4
country flag per4ever
Team WTAworld

per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of
you are probably talking about content of a website, but you have no idea how many information you are sharing when you are online..
per4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2001, 08:19 AM   #5
country flag gentenaire

gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute
I realise full well that it's easy to find lots of info about me online. But unless someone starts messing with my credit card, or comes knocking on my door in the middle of the night, I don't really care. I know full well what I bought online and what I didn't. So if I see something on my credit card bill that I didn't buy, I'm not going to pay for it! It's the shop owner who's taking risks, not me. If I say I didn't buy it, and the shop owner can't prove it was me who bought it, I don't have to pay.
Old Apr 28th, 2002, 11:35 AM   #6
TennisToriTerrificTwosome

TennisToriTerrificTwosome has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Im like whatever. Id probably be scared shitless though if someone did come to my house or what not and asked for me. It would be totally weird.
Old Apr 28th, 2002, 11:39 AM   #7
country flag ~ The Leopard ~

~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute
*Too* much.
~ The Leopard ~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote