Lleyton proposed to Kim at Eiffel Tower rumour! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 12:05 PM   #1
country flag KaseyL

KaseyL has disabled reputation
Arrow Lleyton proposed to Kim at Eiffel Tower rumour!

Hewitt engaged: report
06jun02

LONDON: World tennis No.1 Lleyton Hewitt is reportedly planning to announce his engagement to Kim Clijsters this weekend.

A report in British newspaper the Daily Mirror said Hewitt, 21, had proposed to the Belgian world No.4 at the top of the Eiffel Tower last week during the French Open in Paris.

Australian television commentator John Alexander may have accidentally broken the news on air earlier this week when he referred to Clijsters as Hewitt's "fiancee".

When cornered by Australian journalists at Roland Garros, Alexander said it was a mistake and just a slip of the tongue.

A spokeswoman from Hewitt's management Octagon denied any knowledge of an engagement.

But today's report, in The Scurra - as in scurrilous - column, quotes a source saying the couple was going to tell their parents on Clijsters' 19th birthday on Saturday.

Rumours of an engagement first surfaced more than a year ago when Clijsters started wearing a ring on her wedding finger, which the Australian gave her as a gift.

AAP

Kim, Queen of the US Open '05!

"Ships in harbor are safe, but that's not what ships are built for." (J. Shedd)
KaseyL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 01:28 PM   #2
gokimmie

gokimmie has a spectacular aura about gokimmie has a spectacular aura about gokimmie has a spectacular aura about gokimmie has a spectacular aura about gokimmie has a spectacular aura about gokimmie has a spectacular aura about gokimmie has a spectacular aura about gokimmie has a spectacular aura about gokimmie has a spectacular aura about gokimmie has a spectacular aura about gokimmie has a spectacular aura about
OMG !!!!!!!! that would be great!
gokimmie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2002, 01:36 PM   #3
country flag KaseyL

KaseyL has disabled reputation
Re that Lleyton and Kim article I posted here (comes from headline in news.com.au btw), I really wonder how these reporters get to know this.

So I am sort of sceptical. On the other hand, I would like to know what caused this report. There must be something that triggered it. Wonder what.

The 'parents announcement' certainly doesn't make much sense.

Thinking of the last mistakes the Australian press made re Kim and becoming Australian, I wouldn't be too surprised if some reporter jumped to conclusions again, based on let's say half a word here or there.

Anyway, the report is making a headline in the Australian press today.

Kim, Queen of the US Open '05!

"Ships in harbor are safe, but that's not what ships are built for." (J. Shedd)
KaseyL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2002, 01:42 PM   #4
country flag arn

arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute
Why would Lleyton tell it to the press???

if it's true; good for them, I hope they will be very happy!!!!!!
arn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2002, 04:23 PM   #5
country flag Come-on-kim

Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute
Great for them!!!! If it's true, CONGRATULATIONS KIM AND LLEYTON

"When you do your best, it's always good enough" - Kim Clijsters

"No matter what happens, you have to try to stay positive, bad things can happen, but if you try to stay positive, something positive will come out of it…I believe that everything happens for a reason" - Kim Clijsters

"Goed is de ergste vijand van zeer goed" - Pascal Smet

"Als je iemand idealiseert, verlies je het contact met de werkelijkheid"

"Ca s’apprend par la souffrance, ça s’apprend par les déceptions, ça s’apprend par la densité du mal que ça te fait, plus ça te fait mal et plus ça te fait grandir. Y a des moments où tu te dis je ne vais pas le supporter, ça, ça fait trop mal, et pourtant tu passes au travers."
Come-on-kim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2002, 04:24 PM   #6
country flag Gonzo Hates Me!

Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute
Lleyton Hewitt Bachelor no more

Omigod!!!!!!! Please be true!!!!!!!
Old Jun 6th, 2002, 05:03 PM   #7
country flag Mazza
Team WTAworld

Mazza has disabled reputation
It was in the paper today... major miracle!! British press know who Lleyton and Kimmie are!! Here's the article from The Mirror Oooooh!!! I hope it is true!!! It's just sooooooo adorable!!

World number one tennis player Lleyton Hewitt is planning to make a very special announcement this weekend.

But I'm sure he won't mind Scurra readers knowing in advance that he has secretly become engaged to his ball-bashing sweetheart, the fourth-ranked woman player Kim Clijsters.

Australian Hewitt, 21, proposed to his lover last week as they stood entwined at the top of the Eiffel Tower, almost two years to the day since they first met in Miami. "They're ecstactic," I am told. "They plan to tell their families on Kim's 19th birthday, which is on Saturday."

Sadly, there is a loser in this love match... Belgian Clijsters wants to quit her homeland and resettle in sunnier Adelaide and under tennis regulations will be able to play for Australia after living there for three years. "Belgium will lose their best player," says my source.

G o o d l u c k t o C l i j s t e r s , S h a r a p o v a , R u s e d s k i a n d M u r r a y ! !

Mazza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2002, 06:40 PM   #8
country flag angele87

angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by cmon kim

Australian Hewitt, 21, proposed to his lover last week as they stood entwined at the top of the Eiffel Tower

I love that quote, it's so cute

Anyways I really really really hope it's true!

There is no saint without a past, and no sinner without a future. - Shri Haidakhan Babaji

Wisdom is the quality that keeps you from getting into situations where you need it. - Doug Larson

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
angele87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2002, 06:58 PM   #9
country flag Lleyki

Lleyki is a glorious beacon of light Lleyki is a glorious beacon of light Lleyki is a glorious beacon of light Lleyki is a glorious beacon of light Lleyki is a glorious beacon of light Lleyki is a glorious beacon of light Lleyki is a glorious beacon of light Lleyki is a glorious beacon of light Lleyki is a glorious beacon of light Lleyki is a glorious beacon of light Lleyki is a glorious beacon of light
awwww that's so sweet
I hope it's true, they were just meant to be together

... And To My FriendS
AxeL - David - Dario - PauL - Martin - Wojtek
Kevin - Felix - Amri - Jordan - Manu - James - Bram - Ellen

Lleyki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2002, 07:42 PM   #10
country flag ClijstersHewitt

ClijstersHewitt is on a distinguished road ClijstersHewitt is on a distinguished road ClijstersHewitt is on a distinguished road ClijstersHewitt is on a distinguished road ClijstersHewitt is on a distinguished road ClijstersHewitt is on a distinguished road ClijstersHewitt is on a distinguished road ClijstersHewitt is on a distinguished road ClijstersHewitt is on a distinguished road ClijstersHewitt is on a distinguished road ClijstersHewitt is on a distinguished road
I love Lleyton and Kim.

Please be true!

An empty chair at all the tables
And I'll be seein' you when all my days boil down
For now we'll say goodbye
We know it's not the last time
I've lost the best part of my day
But it's better where you're goin' anyway

Cystic Fibrosis Information

Cystic Fibrosis Trust

Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
ClijstersHewitt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2002, 07:47 PM   #11
country flag Come-on-kim

Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute
I'm so pleased with that for them!!!

I did the same three years ago when I was on journey with school in Paris but it was not an "engagement", it was to go out with a girl, and she said yes but it didn't last long. Only 2 months!!!!

I hope it'll last all their lives!!!!

"When you do your best, it's always good enough" - Kim Clijsters

"No matter what happens, you have to try to stay positive, bad things can happen, but if you try to stay positive, something positive will come out of it…I believe that everything happens for a reason" - Kim Clijsters

"Goed is de ergste vijand van zeer goed" - Pascal Smet

"Als je iemand idealiseert, verlies je het contact met de werkelijkheid"

"Ca s’apprend par la souffrance, ça s’apprend par les déceptions, ça s’apprend par la densité du mal que ça te fait, plus ça te fait mal et plus ça te fait grandir. Y a des moments où tu te dis je ne vais pas le supporter, ça, ça fait trop mal, et pourtant tu passes au travers."
Come-on-kim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2002, 10:55 PM   #12
Georgia

Georgia is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by Lleyki
awwww that's so sweet
I hope it's true, they were just meant to be together
Georgia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2002, 11:02 PM   #13
Georgia

Post hi,

hi, Well, actually, I don't imagine Kim and Lleyton getting married already. I mean, they don't seem the type to take that step right now. Not that they wouldn't feel serious about each other. Thhat, of course is an other thing. But, I'm quite curious if this thing is true. I'm gonna watch Belgian news on Saturday, that's for sure. Maybe they'll say something about that. Oh by the way, I find the word Lleyki quite funny!!!

PS: sorry for my previous reply. Made a mistake there and it was sent before I knew it!!!

Georgie-girl
Old Jun 6th, 2002, 11:22 PM   #14
Georgia

well, if this really happened last week, no wonder why Kim didn't manage to go intothe fourth round. Lleyton was probably dominating her head.
Old Jun 7th, 2002, 04:56 AM   #15
disposablehero

disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future
I'm always skeptical of stories that get basic facts wrong. Kim and Lleyton did not meet 2 years ago in Miami. It was nearly 2 and a hald years ago in Melbourne.
disposablehero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote