Kim Clijsters for quick return - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 23rd, 2006, 04:43 PM   #1
country flag DarkchildSwiss

DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future
Smile Kim Clijsters for quick return

I just found this information on www.eurosport.com

"World number two Kim Clijsters may return earlier than expected as a scan on her wrist suggested the injury could heal more quickly, a source close to the player said on Wednesday."

I really hope that this is true. I already miss her so much.

Other players: Belinda Bencic ~ Kim Clijsters ~ Timea Bacsinszky ~ Elena Dementieva ~ Stefanie Voegele ~ Anna Kournikova ~ Maria Sharapova ~ Vera Zvonareva ~ Daniela Hantuchova ~ Elena Bovina ~ Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova ~ Monica Seles ~ Jennifer Capriati ~ Serena and Venus Williams ~ Klara Koukalova
DarkchildSwiss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 23rd, 2006, 04:44 PM   #2
country flag Kim's_fan_4ever
The only girl in the world.

Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Here is what Kim says on her website:
The medical team over here has confirmed what the doctors in Canada were saying already: the tendon in the wrist has to be immobilised for about six weeks.

The brace I'm wearing now will remain around my wrist for that period. There are some fluids in the tendon for which I need to have physiotherapy. I need to take some medication as well. In all, not that big of a problem. There will be a medical follow up every two weeks.

Also, I can keep my schedule and I'll try to work towards participation at Gaz de France Stars in Hasselt. Should it all heal a bit faster and my wrist doesn't hinder me at all, I can still try and start earlier. But that remains to be seen.

Right now I want to do just about anything to have the tendon recovered as good and as quick as possible. Because I really want to be playing tennis again.

Kim's_fan_4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2006, 04:44 PM   #3
country flag Billabong

Billabong has a reputation beyond repute Billabong has a reputation beyond repute Billabong has a reputation beyond repute Billabong has a reputation beyond repute Billabong has a reputation beyond repute Billabong has a reputation beyond repute Billabong has a reputation beyond repute Billabong has a reputation beyond repute Billabong has a reputation beyond repute Billabong has a reputation beyond repute Billabong has a reputation beyond repute
Injured Clijsters may return early

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - World number two Kim Clijsters may return earlier than expected as a scan on her wrist suggested the injury could heal more quickly, a source close to the player said on Wednesday.

"She had the scan today (Wednesday) and she will probably be out for about six weeks," the source told Reuters.

"But she seems more positive and could return a little earlier than first thought."

The Belgian had initially feared she would be out of action for at least two months. The injury has left her unable to defend her U.S. Open crown next week or play in next month's Fed Cup final.

On Tuesday sources close to the player said was hoping to make her comeback on home soil at the Hasselt tournament, which starts on Oct 30.

"She will undergo intense physio with a scan every two weeks and is confident that it may heal quicker than first thought," the source said.

Updated on

Visit My Tennis Matches Website
Billabong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2006, 04:54 PM   #4
country flag thrust

thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute
Don^t come back too soon Kim, listen to your doctors NOT tennis officials or fans.
thrust is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2006, 05:08 PM   #5
country flag DarkchildSwiss

DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future
World number two Kim Clijsters may return earlier than expected as a scan on her wrist suggested the injury could heal more quickly, a source close to the player said on Wednesday.

"She had the scan today (Wednesday) and she will probably be out for about six weeks," said the source.

"But she seems more positive and could return a little earlier than first thought."

The Belgian had initially feared she would be out of action for at least two months. The injury has left her unable to defend her U.S. Open crown next week or play in next month's Fed Cup final.

On Tuesday sources close to the player said was hoping to make her comeback on home soil at the Hasselt tournament, which starts on Oct 30.

"She will undergo intense physio with a scan every two weeks and is confident that it may heal quicker than first thought," the source said.

Other players: Belinda Bencic ~ Kim Clijsters ~ Timea Bacsinszky ~ Elena Dementieva ~ Stefanie Voegele ~ Anna Kournikova ~ Maria Sharapova ~ Vera Zvonareva ~ Daniela Hantuchova ~ Elena Bovina ~ Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova ~ Monica Seles ~ Jennifer Capriati ~ Serena and Venus Williams ~ Klara Koukalova
DarkchildSwiss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2006, 05:27 PM   #6
country flag fifiricci

fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute
Good news!