why the chinese players are so popular? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:57 PM   #1
country flag alextim

alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold
why the chinese players are so popular?

they are good players, in progress ... but not yet in the top ten

It seems there are so many people who like them ... I would like to know what do you love about them?

thanks for your answers

Strong is ... Marion
alextim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:59 PM   #2
franny

franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute
I bet you there are a whole bunch of chinese folks around here. I am one myself. And let me tell you, it's just so great to see your players finally start to develop and become threats. Tennis is actually a huge sport for chinese-americans. I know that most of my friends here who are asian all play tennis. It's great to see China putting in the efforts to develop young players.
no i am not talking about a racket or a squirrel, i am talking about the former and future number 1..............
martina hingis!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck Justine Henin Hardenne, Venus Williams, Maria Sharapova, Mary Pierce, and any of my other favorites that I might have forgotten about at this moment.
franny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 07:04 PM   #3
country flag chinatennis

chinatennis is a name known to all chinatennis is a name known to all chinatennis is a name known to all chinatennis is a name known to all chinatennis is a name known to all chinatennis is a name known to all chinatennis is a name known to all chinatennis is a name known to all chinatennis is a name known to all chinatennis is a name known to all chinatennis is a name known to all
Because there are a lot of Chinese inside, and they are very courteous, there are very gentle personalities . In addition, I am Chinese after all, certainly like every tennis player of China very much
chinatennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 07:06 PM   #4
QUEENLINDSAY

QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future
I dont see any difference in popularity between european players vs chinese players.

Monica,Kim,Jelena
QUEENLINDSAY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 07:08 PM   #5
franny

franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENLINDSAY
I dont see any difference in popularity between european players vs chinese players.
I think that's what the original poster was saying. There is no difference in popularity yet the European players are bonafide stars who have won slams and tournaments whereas the Chinese have been solid but no great acheivements yet.
no i am not talking about a racket or a squirrel, i am talking about the former and future number 1..............
martina hingis!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck Justine Henin Hardenne, Venus Williams, Maria Sharapova, Mary Pierce, and any of my other favorites that I might have forgotten about at this moment.
franny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 07:20 PM   #6
country flag alextim

alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold alextim is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by franny
I think that's what the original poster was saying. There is no difference in popularity yet the European players are bonafide stars who have won slams and tournaments whereas the Chinese have been solid but no great acheivements yet.
exactly ;-)

Strong is ... Marion
alextim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 07:40 PM   #7
QUEENLINDSAY

QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by franny
I dont meant vs the european stars and slam winners.

Lets say: Golovin vs Na Li
Shiavone vs Peng
etc...

Monica,Kim,Jelena
QUEENLINDSAY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 07:53 PM   #8
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold
I like most of the Chinese girls because they are hardworkers. They don't ever give up on any point. I myself am a tennis player and when I see them play, they pump me up so much that I want to go out and hit more.
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 07:56 PM   #9
country flag up!

up! has much to be proud of up! has much to be proud of up! has much to be proud of up! has much to be proud of up! has much to be proud of up! has much to be proud of up! has much to be proud of up! has much to be proud of up! has much to be proud of up! has much to be proud of up! has much to be proud of
I don't think they are popular.
up! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 07:57 PM   #10
country flag AllezCumonJiayou

AllezCumonJiayou is a name known to all AllezCumonJiayou is a name known to all AllezCumonJiayou is a name known to all AllezCumonJiayou is a name known to all AllezCumonJiayou is a name known to all AllezCumonJiayou is a name known to all AllezCumonJiayou is a name known to all AllezCumonJiayou is a name known to all AllezCumonJiayou is a name known to all AllezCumonJiayou is a name known to all AllezCumonJiayou is a name known to all
i really like them, I don't know why, maybe because they base the game on technique and not just muscly ball wackers, and also they're cute
AllezCumonJiayou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 10:24 PM   #11
country flag LH2HBH

LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute
I think people are watching them carefully and hoping/seeing the possibility that eventually a "wave" will happen similar to the Russians 2004.
Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 11:19 PM   #12
country flag andrewC

andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future
I liked the Chinese players initially because I am from Hong Kong, i dunno, some sort of patriotism i guess. Liking the look of Venise Chan and Jessica Yang at the moment from Hong Kong too
But another part to it is I like rooting for the underdog most of the time, and to me there is no better (or cuter, sweeter, harder working) example of an underdog than Sun Tian Tian
13 Doubles Titles (including 2004 Olympic Gold and 2008 AO Mixed)
Career High 77 (Singles) and 16 (Doubles)
andrewC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 11:28 PM   #13
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe because there is more than 1 billion of Chinese on Earth?
But they are not THAT popular?
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 11:30 PM   #14
country flag IceSkaTennisFan

IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute
I like them alot. They offer some variety from the Americans and Russians and they have huge upset potential at majors
IceSkaTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:49 AM   #15
country flag Slumpsova

Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute
they are all cute and such a real fighter
Slumpsova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote