Greta Arn - Page 104 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 24th, 2012, 07:16 AM   #1546
country flag Guesswhoiam

Guesswhoiam is just really nice Guesswhoiam is just really nice Guesswhoiam is just really nice Guesswhoiam is just really nice Guesswhoiam is just really nice Guesswhoiam is just really nice Guesswhoiam is just really nice Guesswhoiam is just really nice Guesswhoiam is just really nice Guesswhoiam is just really nice Guesswhoiam is just really nice
Re: Greta Arn

See her interview in hungarian at: http://www.nemzetisport.hu/tenisz/te...yezhet-2127233

Translating:

"Tennis: Greta Arn is happy to compete again in Germany

Greta Arn reached the main draw of the WTA-tournament in Stuttgart, and the hungarian player is happy to compete at the place, where she grew up.
"I'm happy to reach the MD, because to play on this court is difficult, very slippery, almost impossible to stop on it. I had to used to play on clay court again, what I succeeded until the end of the qualy. It's a good feeling to compete again in Germany, I wasn't here for long time, here are many old friends, but I'm not wondering, because I grew up here" - said Greta Arn, who reached the MD in Stuttgart with 3 winnings in the qualyfing."
Guesswhoiam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 24th, 2012, 09:49 AM   #1547
country flag A Magicman

A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute

So may she slipper into the 2nd round against Ratwanska and cause some major upset there.

and a reminiscence to the past:
HELEN KELESI FOREVER
Hater of Ratwanska & Wozniacki
A Magicman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2012, 09:55 AM   #1548
country flag A Magicman

A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guesswhoiam View Post
And finally about her program, the reasons why she doesn't go to Fes: she went there last year, and this place is so shitty, dirty, bad conditions, bad courts
I SO remember last year's match against Halep in wind and rain and a tanking Greta who obviously didn't wanna be there which made me furious, cos all the fighting spirit of hers was gone.

Quote:
and this is the age, when you don't want to eat more shit in your life. Youngsters can do this, but you said, this is "home soil" for her, she feel so much better herself in Stuttgart..
Being almost 37 myself, I know, what you're talking about. It's almost impossible to do things that just were natural in your twenties. Now they appear to be inhumane and degrading... just happens, when you get more and more settled in life.

Anyway, I know that Greta's days in professional tennis are counted and so I enjoy every tournament of hers. As long, as she's still there.

HELEN KELESI FOREVER
Old Apr 29th, 2012, 07:58 AM   #1549
country flag A Magicman

Losing 4-6, 3-6 against ET in the 2nd round is no reason for being ashamed, and on it goes to the next home turf: Budapest.

The draw is out and I think even with Sara Errani in her quarter, Greta has a good shot at making it.

Quote:
(1)Sara Errani (ITA) v Mandy Minella (LUX)
Q1 v Q2
Lesia Tsurenko (UKR) v Greta Arn (HUN)
Alberta Brianti (ITA) v (8)Irina-Camelia Begu (ROU)
Good luck, Schätzelein, go for Gold.

HELEN KELESI FOREVER
Old May 2nd, 2012, 03:12 PM   #1550
country flag A Magicman

So it was over before it began.

Leading 6-3, 3-3 against Tsurenko and being 100% on her own 1st service point, Greta lost it all and the match 6-3, 3-6, 1-6 which made me kinda mad, but now I have seen her withdraw from doubles with "neck injury" and I fear that might be the thing from Indian Wells / Miami with resurfaced. Too bad.

I don't see any chance to qualify for the Olympics now as the WC have already partially been given to really wild countries and with Timea Babos having emerged out of nowhere being the best Hungarian now, she would be the very one now to represent her country.

Too bad. But health comes first right now.

Get well, Greta.

HELEN KELESI FOREVER
Old May 4th, 2012, 09:57 AM   #1551
country flag A Magicman

Neck shmeck, Greta continues right away in the Q of Madrid:

Quote:
(5)Greta Arn (HUN) v Alla Kudryavtseva (RUS)
(wc)Ines Ferrer Suarez (ESP) v (12)Lucie Hradecka (CZE)

HELEN KELESI FOREVER
Old May 12th, 2012, 07:59 PM   #1552
country flag A Magicman

Out in the qualies of Madrid and now 2-6, 2-6 against Tsurenko again in the first round of the qualies of Rome.

What is going wrong here at the moment? I don't really like that, I gotta say. Nothing seems to work out anymore.

HELEN KELESI FOREVER
Old May 21st, 2012, 03:55 PM   #1553
country flag A Magicman

Is there a curse on her?

Greta will play Tsurenko AGAIN. Actually scheduled to play Petrova, some withdrawals messed the draw up and Greta got some Q/LL. And - guess who - Tsurenko again.

I hope it's third time lucky now.

HELEN KELESI FOREVER
Old May 26th, 2012, 07:38 AM   #1554
country flag A Magicman

Lost again. 3 times in 3 weeks against a player who is not even Top100. I am kinda speechless.

But those times have proved to be the beginning of something big in the past, of wins coming out of nowhere.

And so i have some hope, though there seems to be no form at all at the moment, that this is a very good draw for the French:

Quote:
(16)Maria Kirilenko (RUS) v (wc)Victoria Larričre (FRA)
Klára Zakopalová (CZE) v Lesia Tsurenko (UKR)
Anne Keothavong (GBR) v Melinda Czink (HUN)
(22)Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (RUS) v Greta Arn (HUN)
Pavlyuchenkova is not in the form of her life either, the next one would be beatable, too. And then, there is Tsurenko AGAIN.

HELEN KELESI FOREVER
Old Jun 6th, 2012, 11:12 PM   #1555
country flag elba

elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of

Gréta lost again Anastasia, she canceled olympics in London.
elba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2012, 09:26 PM   #1556
country flag A Magicman

I guess the Olympics rather cancelled Greta. Really sad, but one cannot change that.

Back in some better mood she won 2 Q-matches in Eastborune today without dropping a set. That gives me some hope...

HELEN KELESI FOREVER
Old Jun 17th, 2012, 09:53 PM   #1557
country flag elba

elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Magicman View Post
I guess the Olympics rather cancelled Greta. Really sad, but one cannot change that.

Back in some better mood she won 2 Q-matches in Eastborune today without dropping a set. That gives me some hope...
Article in Nemzeti sport: http://www.nemzetisport.hu/tenisz/ar...piarol-2135153

Some relation olympics/rating, she is Nr. 3 in Hungary (behind Szávay Nr. 4).
Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 10:08 AM   #1558
country flag A Magicman

Wimbledon

Quote:
[7] Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) v Tamira Paszek (AUT)
Alize Cornet (FRA) v Nina Bratchikova (RUS)
Greta Arn (HUN) v Galina Voskoboeva (KAZ)
Yanina Wickmayer (BEL) v [32] Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS)
I don't give up hope and think that this is even a very nice draw.

Voskoboeva is on a 5 or 6 matches losing streak now, Wicky is not particularly good on grass, neither is Igor.

Paszek is on fire, but will run out of steam sooner or later. I don't think that the Danish pusher with her puffball tennis will be a factor....

Good luck.

HELEN KELESI FOREVER
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 07:02 PM   #1559
country flag A Magicman

25K in Italy. Wow.

Seeded 1. Let's see, where we can go from here.

http://www.internazionalimonteroni.com/

HELEN KELESI FOREVER
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 05:50 PM   #1560
country flag A Magicman

Greta def. #732 Alice Savoretti [Q] 6-2, 6-2.

Next opponent is Timea Bacsinszky, who beat Nicole Rottmann from Austria in over 3 hrs. Didn't know that Bacsinszky has dropped to 340.

HELEN KELESI FOREVER