Anna Fitzpatrick Cheering Thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 20th, 2006, 12:56 AM   #1
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute
Anna Fitzpatrick Cheering Thread

Anna just won 2 weeks ago her first $10K tournament in Ilkley (UK) without dropping a set followed with a semifinal showing (beating Karen Paterson) the following week at $10K Wrexham.

Quite impressive for this young Brit who just turned 17 last April and who didn't win any match in Main Draw this year before this breakthrough (got 8 in a row!)

spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 20th, 2006, 12:57 AM   #2
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.sheffieldtoday.net/ViewAr...icleID=1707671

Anna selected to join elite tennis academy
Tennis

ONLY 17 and leaving Sheffield to join the jet set in Monte Carlo ... it sounds great for tennis starlet Anna Fitzpatrick.

But its the tennis courts not the yachts and the glamour that Anna will be concentrating on as she seeks to make the most of her talent and a great opportunity.
Anna has been selected to join the Monte Carlo Tennis Academy, one of two players out of an eventual 10 who will be hand-picked from promising young talent across the world.

It is an elite international academy with players based at the Monte Carlo Country Club for seven weeks of the year with the remainder of the time on tour on both junior and senior circuits. The Academy is targeting players aged 16 and above and concentrating on producing world class players.

Anna recently won $10,000 dollars when winning the women's singles event at a big tournament at Ilkley and has reached the final of the British National Junior Champion-ships in Bournemouth.

She started playing tennis at the age of five and her accolades include winning the U14 European Tennis Association singles in Portugal, the U15 British National Championships and the Under-18 British Grand Prix.

"She is a tough player loving nothing more than to hit aggressively both from the back of the court and at the net," said Director of Coaching David Sammel who believes she has the right game plan to make a big impact on the tour in years to come. Anna has a clear attacking game plan that is maturing well."

19 August 2006
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2006, 05:41 PM   #3
country flag South Yorks Fan

South Yorks Fan is just really nice South Yorks Fan is just really nice South Yorks Fan is just really nice South Yorks Fan is just really nice South Yorks Fan is just really nice South Yorks Fan is just really nice South Yorks Fan is just really nice South Yorks Fan is just really nice South Yorks Fan is just really nice South Yorks Fan is just really nice South Yorks Fan is just really nice
Thumbs up Keep up the great work Anna!

You're doing great Anna.

(but what else should I expect from a Sheffield Girl!)
South Yorks Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2006, 03:20 PM   #4
country flag Monica_Rules

Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute
Semis again this week beating Karen again

Shes got a really nice game Anne, makes it look so simple. Great serve on the deuce side no extremly powerful but can hit a big one down the tee or a swinger out wide.

In long rallies she seems to come from nowhere to hit a screaming winner aswell.

Hopefully if her great results continue she can be closeto the top 500 by the end of the year.

Naomi Broady, Tara Moore, Heather Watson , Laura Robson

Johanna Konta, Eleanor Dean
, Sam Murray
Katy Dunne Katie Boulter
Monica_Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2006, 10:20 AM   #5
country flag South Yorks Fan

South Yorks Fan is just really nice South Yorks Fan is just really nice South Yorks Fan is just really nice South Yorks Fan is just really nice South Yorks Fan is just really nice South Yorks Fan is just really nice South Yorks Fan is just really nice South Yorks Fan is just really nice South Yorks Fan is just really nice South Yorks Fan is just really nice South Yorks Fan is just really nice
Thumbs up Another good week

Congratulations on another great week Anna!

3 Finals and a semi-final in 4 consecutive tournaments is pretty impressive tennis.

Keep it going Sheffield's Finest.
South Yorks Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2007, 06:40 PM   #6
country flag *hingis_forever*

*hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future
Re: Anna Fitzpatrick Cheering Thread

Anna is in the semis of the $10K in Sunderland after a poor start to the year. She beat Ana Veselinovic 67 64 62 today and faces the #2 seed Aurelie Vedy of France in the semis! It's tough but Anna can do it if she's on form! Go Anna!

*hingis_forever* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2007, 06:44 PM   #7
country flag Monica_Rules

Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute

Keep it up Anna. Would be great to see her get a wimbeldon quallies WC this year she can get closer to the top 500.

Naomi Broady, Tara Moore, Heather Watson , Laura Robson

Johanna Konta, Eleanor Dean
, Sam Murray
Katy Dunne Katie Boulter
Monica_Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2007, 07:00 PM   #8
country flag WIMBY

WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of

Good luck

6 Singles titles and 24 Doubles titles, 3rd rnd 2012 & 1/4 Final 07 Wimbledon Mixed Doubles, Round 2 Wimbledon 06

"You have to dream big and go for it. Surround yourself with people who believe in you and ignore those who try to bring you down. Never give up, no matter what - overcoming obstacles makes you stronger." "If it is to be, it is up to me".
WIMBY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 12:34 PM   #9
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

Anna won her 1st rd quali match at Wimbledon
7-5 6-0

good luck in r2 now
go Anna
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 03:17 PM   #10
country flag WIMBY

WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of

6 Singles titles and 24 Doubles titles, 3rd rnd 2012 & 1/4 Final 07 Wimbledon Mixed Doubles, Round 2 Wimbledon 06

"You have to dream big and go for it. Surround yourself with people who believe in you and ignore those who try to bring you down. Never give up, no matter what - overcoming obstacles makes you stronger." "If it is to be, it is up to me".
WIMBY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 04:06 PM   #11
country flag Natash.
:(

Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoiledEgg View Post
Anna won her 1st rd quali match at Wimbledon
7-5 6-0

good luck in r2 now
go Anna
Good job, Anna!

I saw Anna on the Tennis Channel during this tournament for young British players and I was very impressed by her game.

Does anyone have any more pictures of her?
Natash. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 06:12 PM   #12
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

no pics but
i got a couple of clips of her i took at Birmingham last week on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYU5GjsxUp8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICb9R2WSUus
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 06:13 PM   #13
country flag Natash.

Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoiledEgg View Post
no pics but
i got a couple of clips of her i took at Birmingham last week on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYU5GjsxUp8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICb9R2WSUus
Thanks TBE!
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 06:15 PM   #14
country flag Natash.

From watching her live, what kind of potential do you think she has?

I've only seen her in that tournament being shown in the Tennis Channel and it was only small highlights.
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 06:16 PM   #15
country flag Highlandman

Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute

Impressive scoreline at the end Namigata is a good player. Keep going Anna
Venus Williams - My #1 forever.
Angelika Roesch & Andrea Petkovic & Mona Barthel
Victoria Azarenka & Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova
Anna Tatishvili & Jelena Dokic
Highlandman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote