The Final Stop Of The Us Open Series: The Us Open! - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 27th, 2006, 08:40 AM   #46
country flag x Chu x

x Chu x has much to be proud of x Chu x has much to be proud of x Chu x has much to be proud of x Chu x has much to be proud of x Chu x has much to be proud of x Chu x has much to be proud of x Chu x has much to be proud of x Chu x has much to be proud of x Chu x has much to be proud of x Chu x has much to be proud of x Chu x has much to be proud of
The first time I saw her practicing on Tuesday she was much more relaxed and having fun. Yuri even once pointed to his head and then to the sky saying to Maria, "You're not focusing...your mind is some where else."

Well the 2nd time I saw her practcing on Thursday she was a lot more serious and focused. And working on new shots etc. I think she'll be ready, she's probably never been more prepared for a GS before than she is now.

Masha 2006 US Open Champion
~Inspiration~

"But there are a lot more cherries that I'm gonna put on that cake..." - Masha

7304..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Official Bagel Roller of Maria's Mafia
Nicole Vaidisova
x Chu x is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 27th, 2006, 10:52 AM   #47
country flag Teemu

Teemu has much to be proud of Teemu has much to be proud of Teemu has much to be proud of Teemu has much to be proud of Teemu has much to be proud of Teemu has much to be proud of Teemu has much to be proud of Teemu has much to be proud of Teemu has much to be proud of Teemu has much to be proud of Teemu has much to be proud of
Best of Luck Maria!

0981..Eternal Follower of the Golden Girl
Lone Wolf of the Maria Mafia
Teemu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2006, 01:04 PM   #48
country flag xan

xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by x Chu x
The first time I saw her practicing on Tuesday she was much more relaxed and having fun. Yuri even once pointed to his head and then to the sky saying to Maria, "You're not focusing...your mind is some where else."

Well the 2nd time I saw her practcing on Thursday she was a lot more serious and focused. And working on new shots etc. I think she'll be ready, she's probably never been more prepared for a GS before than she is now.
Let's hope so.

Official Hitman of the Maria Mafia
xan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2006, 10:21 PM   #49
country flag msharafan

msharafan has a brilliant future msharafan has a brilliant future msharafan has a brilliant future msharafan has a brilliant future msharafan has a brilliant future msharafan has a brilliant future msharafan has a brilliant future msharafan has a brilliant future msharafan has a brilliant future msharafan has a brilliant future msharafan has a brilliant future
yeh good luck masha! but i already started a thread! lol
2008 AUSTRALIAN OPEN CHAMPION
2012 FRENCH OPEN CHAMPION

Congrats Maria you proved so many haters and fans that gave up on you wrong enjoy all the success that comes to you as you deserve it!
msharafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2006, 11:12 PM   #50
country flag msharafan

msharafan has a brilliant future msharafan has a brilliant future msharafan has a brilliant future msharafan has a brilliant future msharafan has a brilliant future msharafan has a brilliant future msharafan has a brilliant future msharafan has a brilliant future msharafan has a brilliant future msharafan has a brilliant future msharafan has a brilliant future
lol oops this is my own thread that i started! lol sorry! anyway maria first match against kraijcek, does anyone think shell be a big threat, i think iv seen her play a few times but dont really remember much about her game i think it was against momo but mentaly i dont think shes able to pull a win off like beating masha in the first round of the us open i know she beat dementieva recently, but really anyone know enough about her to tell whether or not she might cause a shock upset? well i hope she doesnt lol !

Congrats Maria you proved so many haters and fans that gave up on you wrong enjoy all the success that comes to you as you deserve it!
Old Aug 28th, 2006, 12:24 AM   #51
country flag Dan23

Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by msharafan
lol oops this is my own thread that i started! lol sorry!
pavlyuchenkova

Dan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2006, 04:01 AM   #52
country flag lakan kildap

lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold
Here's Jon Wertheim's seeds report for women for this year's Open:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...eds/index.html

He has a nice prediction, too: Maria Sharapova vs. Nicole Vaidisova in the final, with Maria prevailing. It's on the second page, but I linked the first page because that's where the article starts, and also because there's a full body shot of Maria in flight, in flaming yellow and blue. Nice picture.

LOL, I like the prediction per se, but it's all too Hollywoodish good to be true. There are far too many similarities and contrasts between Maria and Nicole, the match up is so obvious only the movies could have scripted it.

6 foot or so tall? Check on both

Ponytail blonde? Check on both

Striking looks? Check

Eastern European extraction? Check on both

Is one of them a Czech? Check (OK, lame attempt at a joke )

Adopted homeland? In some ways, yes, Nicole has Germany and was even listed briefly as a German, Maria has the US, although they still play for their 'mother' countries.

Live/train in the United States? Check

Good to excellent English? Check

Famous Italian-American name tennis academy in Florida? Check

Big serve? Big/power game? Check, check. The contrast lies in their strong side, Maria is stronger in the backhand, where her ambidexterity (she has an equally powerful left arm) plays a big part. Nicole's forehand, in full display against Kuznetsova in the French, is devastating.

Shoe endorsement? Check. And fittingly, Nike and Reebok, the fiercest (so fierce it's personal between the two companies) rivalry in sports apparel

Had to go through a period in career being regarded as the second coming (or even a clone) of another player named -'ova?

Check on both. Maria was once considered a Kournikova-clone, until she proved them wrong by growing several inches taller than the original and winning 12 titles, including a major. Nicole Vaidisova has had to endure being called a Sharapova-clone due to some similarities in their physical form and parts of their game and the way they're marketed/built up. She even won the two lower tier tournaments that Maria used to own, the Japan AIG and Hansol Korea Open.
Old Aug 28th, 2006, 01:15 PM   #53
country flag ~lollipop_girl~

~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
lol oops this is my own thread that i started! lol sorry! anyway maria first match against kraijcek, does anyone think shell be a big threat, i think iv seen her play a few times but dont really remember much about her game i think it was against momo but mentaly i dont think shes able to pull a win off like beating masha in the first round of the us open i know she beat dementieva recently, but really anyone know enough about her to tell whether or not she might cause a shock upset? well i hope she doesnt lol !
You are right... I don't think Misa is mentally ready to pull off such a big upset... She will certianly play some solid tennis giving Maria a great "test" in the 1st round but I can't see Misa winning ( )... Misa will get frustrated way to easy & I think if Maria ups the grunting, MK will not be pleased at all! That's my unfortunate take on things!
KEEP SCREAMING MASHA!!!
GO MY GIRLS!!!

|Ain't no party like a...COCKTAIL PARTY!| D'Express_027|

0027...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Official Shortie of the Maria Mafia...
Go the Mighty Knights...My other girls:Makiri,Aga,Tati,Misa,Jarka
~lollipop_girl~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2006, 09:41 PM   #54
country flag msharafan

will thats what i thought yeh, well it should be a good test for maria one which i hope she can come through easily enough as we want her to save her energy for later on in the tournie! good luck masha! oh and bye the way does anyone know what time maria plays tommorow? thanks

Old Aug 29th, 2006, 08:35 AM   #55
country flag iine:
Are you lost or incomplete?

iine: has a reputation beyond repute iine: has a reputation beyond repute iine: has a reputation beyond repute iine: has a reputation beyond repute iine: has a reputation beyond repute iine: has a reputation beyond repute iine: has a reputation beyond repute iine: has a reputation beyond repute iine: has a reputation beyond repute iine: has a reputation beyond repute iine: has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
will thats what i thought yeh, well it should be a good test for maria one which i hope she can come through easily enough as we want her to save her energy for later on in the tournie! good luck masha! oh and bye the way does anyone know what time maria plays tommorow? thanks
Yep, the schedule says 7.00 PM.

Riding the 3AM Rollercoaster

"I almost had a heart attack on one roller coaster. It was awesome."
-- Anastasia Myskina

0076..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Official Safecracker of the Maria Mafia.
iine: is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2006, 09:42 AM   #56
country flag Dan23

Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck Maria
pavlyuchenkova

Dan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2006, 10:00 AM   #57
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute
Im not sure there will be any play today apparently the weather forcast is pretty bad ?
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2006, 10:40 AM   #58
country flag Munich

Munich has much to be proud of Munich has much to be proud of Munich has much to be proud of Munich has much to be proud of Munich has much to be proud of Munich has much to be proud of Munich has much to be proud of Munich has much to be proud of Munich has much to be proud of Munich has much to be proud of Munich has much to be proud of
Go Masha
Munich is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2006, 03:30 PM   #59
country flag morningglory

morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute morningglory has a reputation beyond repute
100% chance of heavy rain doesn't mean raining all day tho... maybe she'll get her night match in...
morningglory is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2006, 06:21 PM   #60
country flag johnoo

johnoo has a reputation beyond repute johnoo has a reputation beyond repute johnoo has a reputation beyond repute johnoo has a reputation beyond repute johnoo has a reputation beyond repute johnoo has a reputation beyond repute johnoo has a reputation beyond repute johnoo has a reputation beyond repute johnoo has a reputation beyond repute johnoo has a reputation beyond repute johnoo has a reputation beyond repute
so what happens if say the rain stops 6pm or later NY time,do they scrap the day matches and just play the night matches or what?
johnoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote