Tennis Tipping #38|Forest Hills|Final results out! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 18th, 2006, 08:25 PM   #1
country flag SloKid
The long and winding road.

SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute
Tennis Tipping #38|Forest Hills|Final results out!

Tennis Tipping | Forest Hills
August 23-26, 2006
Tier IV, http://www.foresthillstennis.com/

Welcome to Forest Hills! The 38th tournament of the Tennis Tipping season. Read the rules and sign-up information and then decide to join!

Playing the game is simple:
- before the tournament start the qualifying and the main draw are made.
- if you're in the qualifying you send in your pick of day 1 matches in a PM to the person running the tournament (including the set ratios for each match) You also send the exact score of one chosen match by the person running the tournament as a tie-breaker. The result you get is used throughout the qualifying rounds
- main draw starts on day 2, all qualifiers and players directly into the main draw send their picks with set ratios and a tie-breaker score to the person running the game
- the results will be posted as soon as possible.
- you have to send your picks, before the first match of the day starts, if you send your picks late, then all the picks for the matches already started or finished won't be counted
- a match will not count in case of a retirement, withdrawal or any late schedule changes
- you get a point for each correctly predicted winner and a bonus point for the correctly predicted set ratio, the person running the game can decide if the set ratios get counted for a certain round (you're still obliged to send them), this depends on the number of matches, if there is a large number of matches played in one day, then set ratios might not get counted.

Code:
The Number Of Participants Per Round:

Day 1 - Day 1 TT
Day 2 - QF TT
QF - SF TT
SF+F - F TT
For doubles:
- all above rules still apply
- you still tip the WTA singles matches, not the doubles
- you team up with another player of TT tournament and the score of the team is the combined scores of both players
- for commiting your team, just post a commitment in the relative thread of the TT tournament, like "posterA/posterB is a team"

Code:
Doubles:
TBA - if enough players commit
Commitment: If you want to play post a commitment in the Tennis Tipping commitment thread: http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=252002
Notify me if you committed but do not see your name on the entry list after the commitments close. All picks should be sent by PM, in case if the board is down for more than 1 day, the tournament will be cancelled.
For more info: http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=235513

Last edited by SloKid : Aug 26th, 2006 at 09:46 PM.
SloKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 18th, 2006, 08:26 PM   #2
country flag SloKid

SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute
Entry List
Seeds
01. 024. Tennace (CZE)
02. 028. 416_Man (CAN)
03. 028. jtammer (NED)
04. 031. ~Bakers Boy~ (NZL)

05. 038. NyCPsU (USA)
06. 063. adam_ads_n (POL)
07. 091. TdF_DBLL (NED)
08. 097. Bart (BEL)
09. 101. AceTennisGrrrl (ISR)
10. 110. tennis2006 (NED)
11. NR.. denijs (POL)
12. NR.. Playaboy (USA)
13. NR.. RosirCalderon (CUB)

Last edited by SloKid : Aug 21st, 2006 at 07:30 PM.
Old Aug 18th, 2006, 08:26 PM   #3
country flag SloKid

Main Draw
(1)Tennace (CZE) vs. bye
adam_ads_n (POL) vs. AceTennisGrrrl (ISR)
tennis2006 (NED) vs. Playaboy (USA)
(3)jtammer (NED) vs. bye

(4)~Bakers Boy~ (NZL) vs. RosirCalderon (CUB)
TdF_DBLL (NED) vs. denijs (POL)
NyCPsU (USA) vs. Bart (BEL)
(3)416_Man (CAN) vs. bye

First Round
[00-00] (1)Tennace (CZE) vs. bye
[01-01] adam_ads_n (POL) lost to AceTennisGrrrl (ISR)
AceTennisGrrrl had Shaughnessy winning.
[DSQ] tennis2006 (NED) def. Playaboy (USA)
[00-00] (3)jtammer (NED) vs. bye

[by DSQ] (4)~Bakers Boy~ (NZL) def. RosirCalderon (CUB)
[00-03] TdF_DBLL (NED) lost denijs (POL)
[02-03] NyCPsU (USA) lost to Bart (BEL)
[00-00] (3)416_Man (CAN) vs. bye

Semifinals
[04-03] AceTennisGrrrl (ISR) def. (3)jtammer (NED)
[05-03] denijs (POL) def. Bart (BEL)

Final
[04-05] AceTennisGrrrl (ISR) lost to denijs (POL)

Quarterfinals
[03-04] (1)Tennace (CZE) lost to AceTennisGrrrl (ISR)
[w/o] tennis2006 (NED) lost to (3)jtammer (NED)

[03-03] (4)~Bakers Boy~ (NZL) lost to denijs (POL)
denijs had Vesnina winning.
[w/o] Bart (BEL) def. (2)416_Man (CAN)

Doubles Semifinals
[13-14] (1)~Bakers Boy~/Tennace vs. adam_ads_n/jtammer
[08-08] (2)AceTennisGrrrl/416_Man lost to denijs/tennis2006
denijs/tennis2006 had a better TB score.

Doubles Final
[03-05] adam_ads_n/jtammer lost to denijs/tennis2006

Last edited by SloKid : Aug 26th, 2006 at 09:43 PM.
Old Aug 18th, 2006, 08:26 PM   #4
country flag SloKid

Day 1 matches
1. Julia Schruff vs. Anna Smashnova
2. Meghann Shaughnessy vs. Marta Domachowska - TB match - send exact score
3. Emilie Loit vs. Maria Elena Camerin
4. Severine Bremond vs. Sofia Arvidsson

Don't forget set ratios!

Last edited by SloKid : Aug 22nd, 2006 at 09:03 AM.
Old Aug 18th, 2006, 08:27 PM   #5
country flag SloKid

Seeing that this is going to be a really small tournament I can run it, but only if at least at players commit to play.
Old Aug 18th, 2006, 08:39 PM   #6
country flag SloKid

We have 5 players commited so we only need at least 3 more.
Old Aug 18th, 2006, 08:40 PM   #7
country flag Mana

Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute
I have come out of reitrement to play this tourney, so other people had better commit!
Old Aug 18th, 2006, 09:36 PM   #8
country flag FashionMan

FashionMan has much to be proud of FashionMan has much to be proud of FashionMan has much to be proud of FashionMan has much to be proud of FashionMan has much to be proud of FashionMan has much to be proud of FashionMan has much to be proud of FashionMan has much to be proud of FashionMan has much to be proud of FashionMan has much to be proud of FashionMan has much to be proud of
tennis2006 change his schedule and will play here !!! He send a PM !!!
FashionMan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2006, 09:37 PM   #9
country flag SloKid

Added to the list, we have 8 people now.
Old Aug 18th, 2006, 10:05 PM   #10
country flag Mana

Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone keen to play doubles with me? 416_Man ??
Old Aug 18th, 2006, 10:12 PM   #11
country flag Playaboy

Playaboy is just really nice Playaboy is just really nice Playaboy is just really nice Playaboy is just really nice Playaboy is just really nice Playaboy is just really nice Playaboy is just really nice Playaboy is just really nice Playaboy is just really nice Playaboy is just really nice Playaboy is just really nice
NyCPsU/Playaboy in Doubles ???
Playaboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2006, 10:41 PM   #12
country flag Tennace

Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Bakers Boy~
Anyone keen to play doubles with me? 416_Man ??
~Bakers Boy~/Tennace????????

Dokic - Hantuchova - Zakopalova - Minella - Szavay - Bammer - Safarova
Stanciute - Panova - Gubacsi - Cibulkova - Cirstea - Hofmanova - Cetkovska

Official Limo Driver of Don't Knock the Dok
Tennace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2006, 11:00 PM   #13
country flag Mana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennace
~Bakers Boy~/Tennace????????
Hell yeah!
Old Aug 18th, 2006, 11:13 PM   #14
country flag AceTennisGrrrl

AceTennisGrrrl has a reputation beyond repute AceTennisGrrrl has a reputation beyond repute AceTennisGrrrl has a reputation beyond repute AceTennisGrrrl has a reputation beyond repute AceTennisGrrrl has a reputation beyond repute AceTennisGrrrl has a reputation beyond repute AceTennisGrrrl has a reputation beyond repute AceTennisGrrrl has a reputation beyond repute AceTennisGrrrl has a reputation beyond repute AceTennisGrrrl has a reputation beyond repute AceTennisGrrrl has a reputation beyond repute
Is 8 the max. or can I join in? I havent really played TT
AceTennisGrrrl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2006, 11:41 PM   #15
country flag NyCPsU

NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playaboy
NyCPsU/Playaboy in Doubles ???
sounds good

*Stephens*Hampton*Riske*Dulgheru*

*Anyone playing Wickmayer*
NyCPsU is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote