I don't worry about 'terrorist' attacks - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 17th, 2006, 04:35 AM   #1
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
I don't worry about 'terrorist' attacks

I grew up with the white-american terrorist attacks on Blacks in the fifties and sixties.
I was on the island of Manhattan for the first attack on the World Trade Center. I rode a bicycle right down the the site within an hour of the attack.
I was in the USA for the Oklahoma City bombing
I watched the second plane hit the World Trade Center live not on television.

The nerve gas attack on the Tokyo subway. The death squads trained by the USA at the Colleg of the Americas. The Beider-Manhof Group. The Red Brigades. The Symbianese Liberation Army. Pinochet's Chile. Israel's latest operation in Lebanon. Hezbollah's latest missile attacks on Israel.

I could go on, but if you don't get the point by now, you just don't want to.

I've grown up through terrorist attacks.

So why don't I worry?

1) See above. I've grown up with it. It's the norm for me. Like is short. Deal with it.

2) I live in the USA, and the current government hasn't done a blessed thing about terrorism besides closing the bin Sultan air base. (In case you don't know, it was the existrence of the bin Sultan air base that prompted Osama bin Laden to use airliners to attack the USA.) Unless I'm going to hide in my basement, I can't afford to be afraid of terrorism.

NOTE: I still live 30 minutes from the island of Manhattan.

3) Think about it. The USA has suffered hundreds of terrorists attacks, and all but a handful of them were domestic. People may not like the USA, but they know this is where you come to make M. O. N. E. Y.

People don't want to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.

4) Who can take a Bush administration warning about terrorism seriously?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 17th, 2006, 04:43 AM   #2
country flag SelesFan70

SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm certainly not afraid of them, and I don't know anyone that is afraid of some loser terrorists. If you are, then they win...and they may eventually...just not on my watch.

Liberals: Hard on the unborn, soft on terrorists

Man-made climate change is a LIE

COUNTDOWN!
SelesFan70 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 04:46 AM   #3
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by microbehunter
Most of the ethnic hatred is exacerbated by politicians and fanatics
I'm not sure that's true. The USA I was born in wouldn't guarantee Blacks the right to vote; allowed discrimination in housing, in hiring, in simple stuff like whether or not you could get a taxi form the airport. Politicians have to have the support of the people for bigotry to flourish on that level.

Whiote-supremacist politicians can't just impose thier will on a race-neutral electorate. They need a white-supremacist electorate to thrive. Or an oppressed population to inspire.

So too all other forms of bigotry. Either the people are oppressed, or the people are doing the oppressing, and what to keep their hold on power.