News and Articles - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 15th, 2009, 08:39 PM   #16
country flag myriam forever

myriam forever is a name known to all myriam forever is a name known to all myriam forever is a name known to all myriam forever is a name known to all myriam forever is a name known to all myriam forever is a name known to all myriam forever is a name known to all myriam forever is a name known to all myriam forever is a name known to all myriam forever is a name known to all myriam forever is a name known to all
Re: News and Articles

Hi everybody

http://www.jarkagroth.com

This is Jarka's new official website.

Diary and new pictures will be online during Miami.

Enjoy it and don't hesitate to let comments or words on the guestbook.

http://www.jarkagroth.com
myriam forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 15th, 2009, 11:37 PM   #17
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Yay, thanks for posting

Podme Jarka
Old May 29th, 2010, 01:57 PM   #18
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

Didnt know where to post this, so thought here would be best.
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/ne...140247835.html

Interview after her match against Nastya!

Q. First time into the fourth round. How does that feel?
JARMILA GROTH: It feels great. Um, I couldn't be any happier. And, also, every year I try to give my dad a good birthday present. I finally made it. It's his birthday tomorrow, so he's very happy that now he got a very nice birthday present.
So it feels great.

Q. Talk us through I get the last minute of that second set. That was pretty interesting.
JARMILA GROTH: Yeah, I got off my second from the frame and still it was a aggressive.
Yeah, look, I thought I played well until then. You know, I made the points right. I play tactically well. Of course I got nervous. I mean, it's my first time fourth round, and I had it very easy a little then, so just in an hour really.
So I got really nervous about it. Match points were played very safely, way too safely for my liking. But I couldn't get myself to hit the ball and play them as I played till then.
So, yeah, then she started playing very well. She got confident after that. She served well. So I lost the second set 7 5; got broke in the first game. But, still, it's just set all.
Um, I got back to my normal game. I thought I moved very well today. My left handed shot worked today as well. Couple lobs and passing shots went well, too.
Yeah, in the end I thought I played well. I hold my nerves somehow. I fought very well, and I thought I played the big points in the end pretty good. Yeah, I can't say much more than that.

Q. Yesterday or day before yesterday you were saying how much you wanted to take the next step and go beyond the third round; you've done it now. When that last point was finished, what did it actually feel like?
JARMILA GROTH: Um, yeah, it was special in some way because it's the first time and, you know, it's here at French as well, so it's on clay. I probably like more to play on a hardcourt and everything else, even I grew up on clay.
And also playing Anastasia, two Australians playing each other is not easy. So there was a lot of nerves going into it as well. But I knew I'm playing well, so I was very happy to finish it in the end. I couldn't be any happier.
You know, I worked very hard and I had my fair share of injuries. I was 50 in the world, but I always wanted to try to get better to it.
So it's great. I can't wish for any better, really.

Q. Looking ahead to the next round, can you look at first possibly playing Kleybanova and then also just look to playing Shvedova?
JARMILA GROTH: Um, well, I think they play pretty similar, so it doesn't really matter. I think Shvedova is up 4 0 in the third anyway even it started to rain right now. So I think they are suspended.
But they play very similar. They are very aggressive players. Kleybanova just beat Ivanovic pretty convincing. She was playing really good.
Shvedova, I mean, she been playing very well for last couple weeks as far as I know. So either way it's gonna be tough. Yeah, I will do my best. I will run as hard as I can, try to play my game, and see if I can beat them.
If I can, I will be probably the happiest person alive. If I don't, I will be still proud of what I've done and achieved. I think I still did pretty well.

Q. You had the crowd well and truly on your side in that match. How did you manage to do that?

JARMILA GROTH: I don't know. I smile a couple times. I really don't know, actually. They were really nice actually, very supportive, which was really nice.
I don't really know. I just try to concentrate on what I had to do, and, yeah, as I said, yeah, I smiled a couple times. They kind of enjoyed it, I guess.

Q. You were both questioning the line calls a bit.
JARMILA GROTH: Questioning, yeah. A couple I questioned were very close. Because the clay, it's very like sort of a hardcourt, so you can't see the mark from far away. So it's hard for me to judge how far or how wide the ball is. So yeah, I question it.
But, I mean, to give it credit, a couple were really wide, so...

Q. Do you think there was a different level of tension with two Aussies playing each other and you both really wanted to win?
JARMILA GROTH: Yeah, I don't think it's easy to play someone who you know and from the same country as well. So it was tough as well.
I mean, we actually played each other once couple years ago, so that doesn't really count because it's been a while ago. She's been playing well. She played well i Fed Cup and she played well to get to third round obviously. She beat good players.
I knew it was gonna be tough. Just a matter of who can play better in the big points when it counts and can mentally stay there longer.

Q. So you gave your father a birthday present. What did the husband have to say?
JARMILA GROTH: I just woke him up. He was real angry in the beginning, but then he was very happy for me. And then he was kind of sad actually that he can't here to watch my success, as it's the first time in the fourth round.
So in a way he was happy; in a way he was sad. But he loves me, so he wish me all the best for the next round, and he'll watch it on TV hopefully.

Q. I saw you defending with your left hand several times.

JARMILA GROTH: Yeah.

Q. Can you play with both?

JARMILA GROTH: Yes, I can, actually. My natural is left handed. I can do everything left or right hand, left or right foot. I'm weird, I know. Kind of it's natural for me to do that.
My parents made me to actually play right handed when I was younger because there's a story behind it. When I was born I couldn't move my right side. I was born early, and so my right side of my body didn't function, right?
So my parents got scared so they keep working with me, you know, and pressing the pressure points so my right sides are functioning. They made me to be a right hander. So even when I eat, my knife and fork is in the opposite side.
I can do anything with left or right. Either way. When I play basketball, I throw left or right, whichever I get to. If I play soccer, I kick left or right, whichever side comes to me. So to play a left handed shot, it's kind of normal for me to do.
Because I'm right handed, my right hand it's stronger than the left. Obviously the ball doesn't go as fast, but I still can sort of judge it, how to lob. I can play overhead, serves. It's not that hard.

Q. How long did your parents have to sort of work out your...
JARMILA GROTH: A while. I was born about almost a month early. I had 1200 grams and I was losing weight. They didn't give me big chance to survive, and now look at me. I'm supposed to be on diet every time, so it kind of sucks.
So they were really scared. Of course my mom and dad, they wanted me to be normal, even I don't think that happened. I'm still weird. But, um, so they worked very hard to do that until I actually become a right hander.
But my backhand, that's why my backhand used to be the better side when I was younger, when I was a junior, just because if you watch my backhand, my left hand is dominating on my backhand side. The right hand is just to hold the racquet, really.

Q. Is you're naturally a left hander and just right handed manufactured through...
JARMILA GROTH: Yeah.

Q. They should be proud of you.

JARMILA GROTH: Thanks.

Q. This is really more for radio so that we've got some preview for the next round. Look at the two players individually as to what you're gonna have to do.

JARMILA GROTH: Well, Kleybanova, very good backhand. Definitely her favorite shot; backhand side is the stronger one; likes to go down the line on it. She's been playing well as far as I've seen. Very good ball striker from both wings. Plays very fast, very hard.
So the natural will be probably to make her run and try to change the pace so I can get her out of rhythm so she doesn't hit the ball in the same you know, around her waist.
Shvedova, as far as I know, good serve, big serve, big forehand. She's a very strong girl. She kind of moves well as well for her height. So similar way. I'll want to get her out of her striking zone and make her run. Couple times go behind so I get her off her feet a little.
I will have to hold my serve either way, and hopefully I'll get a break.
Old Jun 21st, 2010, 02:39 PM   #19
country flag Drine

Drine has disabled reputation

Ambidextrous Aussie alert
Monday, 21 June 2010

One to watch for gatherers of curious facts at Wimbledon on the first day of the 2010 Championships - Jarmila Groth, playing in the fourth match to take place on Court 15. The Australian, ranked No.92 in the world, is ambidextrous. Her opponent today, Renata Voracova of the Czech Republic, will need to watch out for Groth playing strokes with either hand. The technique seems to pay off, judging by last month's French Open where she reached the fourth round.
Groth, aged 23, says she is able to "do anything with left or right, either way" - from eating, to shooting a basketball, to kicking a football. In other words, she is the same with her feet as her hands, and anyone who has tried to kick a ball with the "wrong" foot will know how very strange it can feel.

"To play a left-handed shot, it's kind of normal for me to do," she says. According to Groth, her ability is rooted in the fact that she was born a month prematurely, weighing about two-and-a-half pounds (1.2 kilograms), and could not use the right side of her body.

"I was losing weight," explains Groth. "They didn't give me a big chance to survive." But survive she did, and in the subsequent years her parents did all they could to help her regain the use of the right side of her body, mainly through massage, and the situation gradually improved. Groth - born in Slovakia but an Australian since her marriage to ATP player Samuel Groth last year - gradually became perfectly ambidextrous.

"I'm weird, I know," she smiles. "Even when I eat, my knife and fork are on the opposite sides. When I play basketball, I throw left or right. If I play football, I kick left or right, whichever side comes to me." She adds that while her right hand is stronger, she can hit a whole range of shots with her left.

"Obviously the ball doesn't go as fast, but I can still sort of judge it, how to lob," she says. "I can play overheads and serves. It's not that hard."

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/...130533473.html
Drine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2010, 07:34 PM   #20
country flag Drine

Drine has disabled reputation

Jarmila Groth - 28 June 2010

Q. You must be disappointed today. But your last month has been very satisfying.

JARMILA GROTH: Uhm, yeah. Disappointed, true. I had the chances in the second set. But, yeah, I mean, I made fourth round both Grand Slams, so I should be happy, right?

Q. Did you tighten up or did she loosen up towards the end of the second set?

JARMILA GROTH: Uhm, I mean, she always serves well. I got a good first game when I broke. I should have hold my serve. Play couple loose points on my serve.

My percentage of the first serve went down, as well, so it was not as good as, you know, the first set. So I didn't get any free points or anything.

She's a good enough player to, you know, keep up. So, uhm, but, yeah, she serves so well. I got a chance in the breaker as well again. Ended up hitting double‑fault. So that doesn't help.

Q. Before the game, what did you think you needed to do to be able to beat her?

JARMILA GROTH: I knew I had to hold serves. I've been serving very well the first three rounds. So if I could keep it up, which I did the first set, where I got broken in the last game, just a little bit strange because I still made a lot of first serves. So that was one thing.

And then I knew she was going to serve well. Had to somehow try to make the returns. Hopefully, you know, win a couple points off the ground.

Yeah, and I tried to be aggressive, take the chance when I could, because otherwise she would make me run a lot. It's not easy to play her. She's very tall, she moves well, so it's really hard to get her going. That's what I tried to do.

Q. How close do you think you came to beating her today?

JARMILA GROTH: Well, I lost, so I don't think I was close enough.

But, look, I had still 5‑3, 5‑4, serving for a set twice. Came back in the breaker, you know, taking a couple points now and then. Even the last match point, I still got a short ball in the end. Could have been 6‑All if I didn't miss‑hit the ball.

But, yeah, she's a good player, so she knows how to handle herself, and she did.

Q. How much do you think your game has come along this year to make last 16 on clay and grass?

JARMILA GROTH: I think I improved, you know, pretty good. I think I'm better physically, and in general overall in all my game. But I guess it's good only for the fourth round so far, so...

Q. What do you think of her level of play?

JARMILA GROTH: Well, she gave me a couple of free points, especially the 6‑5 game, when I broke her again. Uhm, I wasn't sure if it's because I put pressure on her that she actually had to hold and she had to make balls. She been down the whole set until then every game almost. So I'm not sure if it's that or if she just played a loose game.

But, you know, she served well. It's hard to return. It's hard to get anything going in. You know you have to keep holding serve. So it's really difficult. She still moves well. I mean, I thought she played good enough to beat me, which I think if she has to step up, she will be able to do that.

Q. What do you need to do to your game to take it to the next level of these other players?

JARMILA GROTH: That's a good question. I'm not sure right now actually.

Uhm, as I just finished, I'll give you answers that are not very nice right now. I need to hold serve. If I play somebody who serves well, especially like Venus does, there's no way I can lose my serve three times in a set where I'm actually winning. I can't get broken that easy, especially serving for the set.

I thought off the ground I played pretty solid. I took a chance when I could. Couple mistakes here and there. But it's grass, again. It's not like you get the same bounce every time.

Uhm, yeah, returns, can't really comment on that because her serve is, you know, different to everybody else's serve. I thought I'd been returning till then pretty well. I've been breaking a lot. You know, it's lots to learn from, I guess, and there's things improve and I will try to watch the match or something and figure out what it is.

Q. What did you think when things were delayed at the beginning? Did you know whether anything was going on?

JARMILA GROTH: I knew Venus was just warming up. It's okay. It's normal. I knew she's just on her way because she waits literally till it's time and then she goes to locker and she gets the stuff.

Q. What did you think when the fans booed her?

JARMILA GROTH: I wasn't sure why actually. I still don't know. No idea actually why.

Q. You can be very hard on yourself sometimes when you do make mistakes. Does that motivate you or does that distract you, do you think?

JARMILA GROTH: Can be both. It depends. I always been hard on myself since I was little no matter what I did. If it came to tennis, I always just decide I don't mind to be beaten, but I hate to lose because of me.

So the points that she plays well, serves well or does, you know, well, that's fine with me. I will give her as much credit as I possibly can. But I hate to lose because I make a silly error and give her the point. That's why I get angry with myself, frustrated with myself, because I just can't stand doing that.

If I want to get better and play with, you know, the better players, bigger girls, try to make it past the fourth round of a Grand Slam, I can't afford to do that. That cost me the second set, minimum.

Q. What are your plans for the next few months?

JARMILA GROTH: Yeah, I'm playing World TeamTennis for next two weeks, so I'm going to States I think end of this week or sometime like that. Then I'm coming back and I play Istanbul Cup, Copenhagen, Montréal and US Open, I believe.

But that can change. I'm not sure if there is something else between Montréal. I'm not really good with tournament schedules and points and rankings, so I have no idea actually.
Drine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2010, 05:19 AM   #21
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drine View Post

I love her interviews. Obviously she seems a bit disappointed, highlighting what she did wrong. But she knows how good Venus is, and she knows she had chances, and she does also highlight what she did well, so thats positive.
Old Jun 30th, 2010, 09:15 AM   #22
country flag Tenisci

Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drine View Post
Jarmila Groth - 28 June 2010

Q. You must be disappointed today. But your last month has been very satisfying.

JARMILA GROTH: Uhm, yeah. Disappointed, true. I had the chances in the second set. But, yeah, I mean, I made fourth round both Grand Slams, so I should be happy, right?

Q. Did you tighten up or did she loosen up towards the end of the second set?

JARMILA GROTH: Uhm, I mean, she always serves well. I got a good first game when I broke. I should have hold my serve. Play couple loose points on my serve.

My percentage of the first serve went down, as well, so it was not as good as, you know, the first set. So I didn't get any free points or anything.

She's a good enough player to, you know, keep up. So, uhm, but, yeah, she serves so well. I got a chance in the breaker as well again. Ended up hitting double‑fault. So that doesn't help.

Q. Before the game, what did you think you needed to do to be able to beat her?

JARMILA GROTH: I knew I had to hold serves. I've been serving very well the first three rounds. So if I could keep it up, which I did the first set, where I got broken in the last game, just a little bit strange because I still made a lot of first serves. So that was one thing.

And then I knew she was going to serve well. Had to somehow try to make the returns. Hopefully, you know, win a couple points off the ground.

Yeah, and I tried to be aggressive, take the chance when I could, because otherwise she would make me run a lot. It's not easy to play her. She's very tall, she moves well, so it's really hard to get her going. That's what I tried to do.

But, look, I had still 5‑3, 5‑4, serving for a set twice. Came back in the breaker, you know, taking a couple points now and then. Even the last match point, I still got a short ball in the end. Could have been 6‑All if I didn't miss‑hit the ball.

But, yeah, she's a good player, so she knows how to handle herself, and she did.

Q. How much do you think your game has come along this year to make last 16 on clay and grass?

JARMILA GROTH: I think I improved, you know, pretty good. I think I'm better physically, and in general overall in all my game. But I guess it's good only for the fourth round so far, so...

Q. What do you think of her level of play?

JARMILA GROTH: Well, she gave me a couple of free points, especially the 6‑5 game, when I broke her again. Uhm, I wasn't sure if it's because I put pressure on her that she actually had to hold and she had to make balls. She been down the whole set until then every game almost. So I'm not sure if it's that or if she just played a loose game.

But, you know, she served well. It's hard to return. It's hard to get anything going in. You know you have to keep holding serve. So it's really difficult. She still moves well. I mean, I thought she played good enough to beat me, which I think if she has to step up, she will be able to do that.

Q. What do you need to do to your game to take it to the next level of these other players?

JARMILA GROTH: That's a good question. I'm not sure right now actually.

Uhm, as I just finished, I'll give you answers that are not very nice right now. I need to hold serve. If I play somebody who serves well, especially like Venus does, there's no way I can lose my serve three times in a set where I'm actually winning. I can't get broken that easy, especially serving for the set.

I thought off the ground I played pretty solid. I took a chance when I could. Couple mistakes here and there. But it's grass, again. It's not like you get the same bounce every time.

Uhm, yeah, returns, can't really comment on that because her serve is, you know, different to everybody else's serve. I thought I'd been returning till then pretty well. I've been breaking a lot. You know, it's lots to learn from, I guess, and there's things improve and I will try to watch the match or something and figure out what it is.

Q. What did you think when things were delayed at the beginning? Did you know whether anything was going on?

JARMILA GROTH: I knew Venus was just warming up. It's okay. It's normal. I knew she's just on her way because she waits literally till it's time and then she goes to locker and she gets the stuff.

Q. What did you think when the fans booed her?

JARMILA GROTH: I wasn't sure why actually. I still don't know. No idea actually why.

Q. You can be very hard on yourself sometimes when you do make mistakes. Does that motivate you or does that distract you, do you think?

JARMILA GROTH: Can be both. It depends. I always been hard on myself since I was little no matter what I did. If it came to tennis, I always just decide I don't mind to be beaten, but I hate to lose because of me.

So the points that she plays well, serves well or does, you know, well, that's fine with me. I will give her as much credit as I possibly can. But I hate to lose because I make a silly error and give her the point. That's why I get angry with myself, frustrated with myself, because I just can't stand doing that.

If I want to get better and play with, you know, the better players, bigger girls, try to make it past the fourth round of a Grand Slam, I can't afford to do that. That cost me the second set, minimum.

Q. What are your plans for the next few months?

JARMILA GROTH: Yeah, I'm playing World TeamTennis for next two weeks, so I'm going to States I think end of this week or sometime like that. Then I'm coming back and I play Istanbul Cup, Copenhagen, Montréal and US Open, I believe.

But that can change. I'm not sure if there is something else between Montréal. I'm not really good with tournament schedules and points and rankings, so I have no idea actually.
Good to play in Istanbul. The tournament is held where she trains, so it will be good for her. Btw, Turks love her much. They say you can find Jarka in Istanbul traning with all age groups.
Tenisci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2010, 09:25 AM   #23
country flag Falling

Falling is just really nice Falling is just really nice Falling is just really nice Falling is just really nice Falling is just really nice Falling is just really nice Falling is just really nice Falling is just really nice Falling is just really nice Falling is just really nice Falling is just really nice

Jarmila is 76 on the wta ranking..
Falling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2010, 02:11 PM   #24
country flag Huntress55

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/ten...-1225911317775

Hopman Cup organisers to watch US Open as Sam Stosur books Brisbane

HOPMAN Cup director Paul McNamee will keep an eager eye on Jarmila Groth and her fellow Australians when the US Open begins in New York on Monday, as he attempts to fill the massive hole left in the Perth tournament's line-up after Australia's No. 1 women's player Sam Stosur opted to play in Queensland instead.

Stosur said she would begin her 2011 campaign at the Brisbane International, which clashes with the January 1-8 Hopman Cup, as she looks to build on a year which included her maiden grand slam final appearance at the French Open and her rise to a career-high No. 5 world ranking.

Belgian seven-time grand slam champion Justine Henin headlines a list of five major title winners for Hopman Cup XXIII, the strongest field in the event's history, with two of the eight teams yet to be named.

Lleyton Hewitt will again lead Australia's hunt for only its second tournament title against the US, Serbia, Belgium, France and Kazakhstan, but his partner has not been announced.

McNamee said while Stosur's presence would be missed, he was not surprised the Queenslander chose home over Perth.

"It's understandable because she's from Brisbane and we're very happy we've had Sam twice and that we had her this year," he said.

"I guess we were fairly prepared for that (Sam choosing Brisbane) and to be honest, it's a trip down memory lane with Lleyton Hewitt missing a few years and choosing to play in Adelaide, which is understandable."

Jelena Dokic went from possible replacement to ruled out after her 15-match winning streak was brought to an abrupt end on Friday with a 6-1 6-4 US Open qualifiers loss to Briton Laura Robson, runner-up at the 2009 Hopman Cup alongside Australian Open finalist Andy Murray.

Dokic had won three straight second-tier challenger events before arriving in New York.

McNamee denied Hopman Cup had already chased a replacement in the expectation Stosur would not compete the tournament and earmarked Groth as the likely substitute.

"The next step was clearly, once we knew Sam wasn't playing, to see how the US Open played out and see how all the women go," McNamee said. "To be honest, one is down already, Jelena Dokic, who was a possibility.

"(Anastacia) Rodionova is still there, she plays Sam (Stosur) in the second round.

"Jarmila Groth is our No.2 right now and unless someone has an amazing US Open, she'll still be our No.2.

"She's Australia's No.2 ranked player right now, behind Sam Stosur, so all things being equal, she would be the one I go to."

Groth's US Open hunt hit a snag before it begun this week as she was drawn to face in-form 2006 champion Maria Sharapova first up.

-------------

Jarka at the Hopman cup would be
Old Jan 13th, 2011, 08:51 AM   #25
country flag Huntress55

Groth through to semis in Hobart
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...section=tennis

Australia's Jarmila Groth reached the semi-finals of the Hobart International on Thursday after compatriot Alicia Molik crashed out in the second round.

Players finally took to the court early on Thursday afternoon, after two days of rain threatened to force a rescheduling of the final.

Groth, who upstaged world number six Sam Stosur at the Brisbane International last week, showed ominous form as she comfortably defeated Italian Roberta Vinci 6-1, 6-2.

The Slovakian-born Aussie said she had hoped to finish early after spending so much time waiting in the players' lounge.

"I haven't played much so I was trying to get it over and done with," she told reporters.

"I think I played well. She's a tricky player.

"It wasn't easy... I made a few errors with my serve, but overall not too bad."

Groth will take on the winner of the quarter-final between her Czech doubles partner Klara Zakopalova and tournament top seed Marion Bartoli of France.

Molik lost her second-round match against Italy's Sara Errani 6-1, 6-0 on Thursday afternoon, crashing out in just 48 minutes.

There is also an audio interview on that page
Old Apr 18th, 2011, 11:35 AM   #26
country flag stangtennis

stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute

Jarka_Groth Jarmila Groth
always have though time in your life,get hurt,make mistakes,wrong choices,missed opportunities-always believe there is a light at the end
13 Apr

Don't worry guys everything is fine I am doing great,training hard and ready to fight on the weekend. Just showing you the deep side of me
13 Apr

Everything is done!nothing can hurt me anymore!looking forward to new life and new beginnings!fingers crossed for only happy ones
2 hours ago

There was big change in my life!but I am happy and excited about upcoming clay court season and rest of the year!thanks all for your support
1 hour ago

Is Jarmila splitting up with her husband Samuel Groth?
They don't follow each other on Twitter anymore either:
http://twitter.com/Jarka_Groth/following
http://twitter.com/SamuelGroth/following
stangtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2011, 12:12 PM   #27
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Very curious, and sad if it is true.

Hmm. They are a cute couple, wouldn't want them to split up. Hopefully just passing troubles, they are young after all.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2011, 11:23 PM   #28
country flag Huntress55

Yeah Im not liking the look of that
They are a cute couple. If its true, Jarka
Old Apr 20th, 2011, 06:27 AM   #29
country flag stangtennis

stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute

Jarka Tweets some more about her love life.

Some people love you and care about you but some are with you only for what you have and for what they can take from you for free!!!
2 hours ago

You love person from your heart and give them everything you have and they turn around and all they wanted?!!is not love and not you!!!
2 hours ago
stangtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2011, 06:59 AM   #30
country flag Rovegun

Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold

it looks they´re spliting up unfortunately... I was worried when I was reading her tweets and was wonderig what was happening... if you put such kind of comments on twitter and share it with people you are not in good mood... hopefully all will be fine with Jarka....
Rovegun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote