Cheering Thread: Clay season! - Page 198 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 5th, 2012, 06:35 PM   #2956
country flag MS

MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future
Re: Cheering Thread: HardcourtSeason

Roberta made many errors, Sara was solid and won the macth, didn't celebrate at all though.

Congrats Sara!!
MS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 5th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #2957
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute

No celebration at all indeed. Very very cute hug at the net though And she applauded Roby as she left the court.

Incredible that she's in the US Open semi Doesn't feel like it right now, but I guess it will sink in. Semi. Final.

"After so many years so much work and everything, this is the moment I always waiting for, no? And it's coming when you doesn't expect and everything ...
For me it was something I was waiting since long time, and finally I have a good trophy in my hands."
Zamboni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 07:57 PM   #2958
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute

amazing QF-RU-R3-SF is really some sick results
ranking updates?
i guess with Marion out now she's 99% qualified for YEC
FORZA SARITA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #2959
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SARITA View Post
amazing QF-RU-R3-SF is really some sick results
ranking updates?
i guess with Marion out now she's 99% qualified for YEC
7th next week After starting the year at 45 and going into the AO as #48

Pretty much. I can't be bothered to check because apparently the Race doesn't simply add results anymore, but she passes Li, and gains 400 points on both Stosur and Bartoli, who are both well over 1000 points behind now.

"After so many years so much work and everything, this is the moment I always waiting for, no? And it's coming when you doesn't expect and everything ...
For me it was something I was waiting since long time, and finally I have a good trophy in my hands."
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 08:05 PM   #2960
country flag MS

MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future

Amazing season, her results in Grand Slams are just awesome!!
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 09:06 PM   #2961
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute

How well do you know your doubles partner/quarterfinal opponent?... with Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci

By Dana Czapnik
Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Best friends and doubles partners, Roberta Vinci (20) and Sara Errani (10) have one of the most interesting stories unfolding here at the US Open. On Monday, Errani and Vinci each upset two heavy favorites in this year's singles women's draw, with Errani taking out Angelique Kerber of Germany on Louis Armstrong in their fourth round match, followed directly by Vinci shocking the No.2 seed Agnieszka Radwanska in their fourth round match. Now the two Italians have run smack into each other in the quarterfinals, the first time they have ever faced each other in a Grand Slam.

Meanwhile, the two quarterfinal opponents are rolling along as partners in the women's doubles side of the draw as the number two seeds, making their first semifinal appearance together at the US Open. As a doubles team, they have had an incredible year, playing in the Australian Open final, winning Roland Garros and then making it to the quarterfinals of Wimbledon.

We had the chance to sit down with the bubbly, energetic duo to find out how well they really know each other. Here are their answers...

Sara, what is Roberta’s pre-match meal?
Sara: Rice with cheese, or if not a sandwich. It depends on whether she has a long time or not.
Roberta: Right

Roberta, what is Sara’s favorite surface to play?
R: Clay
S: Yes

Sara, what is Roberta’s favorite team or athlete outside of tennis that she roots for?
S: The team is Milan and the player is [Paolo] Maldini
R: It’s true, it’s true

Roberta, who is Sara’s celebrity crush?
R: Oh my god, I don’t know. Tell me, tell me (to Sara). I don’t know.
S: (Shrugs)It’s true, I don’t know either! (Laughing)

Sara, where does Roberta love to shop?
S: Eh, nothing (laughs)
R: No, no. (shakes head)
S; Ok, ok. Hmm. Jeans from Abercrombie.
R: Si, si. I like them.

Roberta, is Sara more of a cat person or a dog person?
R: Nothing. No. No animals.
S: No animals.
R: She doesn’t like them no.

Sara, if you had to guess, since you both have been wearing the same outfit during the tournament – one in pink, one in white – what color is Roberta going to wear tomorrow?
S: White or pink? Pink.
R: Pink. Yes! (laughing)

Are you going to wear pink too?
S: Yes! (high fives Roberta)

Roberta, who is Sara’s tennis idol, the player she looked up to the most as she was growing up?
R: Nadal
S: Yes.
R: Easy, easy…. Too easy!

Ok, ok. This one might be harder. Sara, when Roberta won against Agnieszka Radwanska, who was the first person that she called?
S: I hope me! (laughs)
Roberta nods and laughs and they give each other a high five.

Roberta, what is Sara’s secret weapon during a match?
R: She is a fighter, very tough. (makes fists with her hands, like a boxer)
S: No. (Shakes her head) No.
R: No?!
S: It’s my drop shot.

Sara, you travel all over the world as tennis players, where is Roberta’s favorite place to go?
S: Anywhere? The Maldives
R: Si, si.

Roberta, if Sara wasn’t a tennis player, what would she be?
S: Ah, facile, facile! Easy, easy! (She hits the table, looking at Roberta, who looks a little bewildered.)
R: Wait, I may know it… (lengthy pause) I don’t know. I don’t know.
S: Ay! Basketball. (She hits the table)
R: Ah, basketball. No, no. She’s too small! (Both players laugh)

Linda what a jinx
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 09:10 PM   #2962
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

That interview is so cute - we need the video

I'm the best

Watching her press conference http://www.usopen.org/en_US/interact...l?promo=topnav
She's talking about that doctor.
Loving how relaxed she is.

Old Sep 5th, 2012, 09:13 PM   #2963
FORZA SARITA

sf is tomorrow?
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 09:16 PM   #2964
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Quote:
sf is tomorrow?
Doubles sf is.
Singles sf's are on friday.

Old Sep 5th, 2012, 09:23 PM   #2965
FORZA SARITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboni View Post
Doubles sf is.
Singles sf's are on friday.
that's boring
i tought final is on saturday..
do we have to cheer for Ajdebitch?
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 06:40 AM   #2966
country flag MS

Quote:
that's boring
i tought final is on saturday..
do we have to cheer for Ajdebitch?
Singles semis is tomorrow and final is Saturday night session
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 06:41 AM   #2967
country flag MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboni View Post
That interview is so cute - we need the video
Yes, we need the video, nice interview!!
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #2968
country flag LegionArgentina

LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute

So happy for her to making the SF
Sadly for me she has not chance against Rena

*Peng*Tanasurgarn*Vaisemberg*Duarte*Auroux*Martic* Rybarikova*
*Irigoyen*Botto*Ormaechea*Pella*Lucero*Pereira*

*Kurata*Gamiz*Perez*SaiSai Zheng*Errani*Ce*ForetzGacon*
*Furlanetto*CostaMelgar*Forte*AlvarezTeran*DuqueMa rino*
LegionArgentina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 03:57 PM   #2969
FORZA SARITA

one set away from 3rd slam final of the year
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 03:58 PM   #2970
country flag MS

Good so far