Vesna Dolonc - Page 19 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 23rd, 2012, 11:29 PM   #271
country flag kingcrimson

kingcrimson is just really nice kingcrimson is just really nice kingcrimson is just really nice kingcrimson is just really nice kingcrimson is just really nice kingcrimson is just really nice kingcrimson is just really nice kingcrimson is just really nice kingcrimson is just really nice kingcrimson is just really nice kingcrimson is just really nice
Re: Vesna Dolonc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris 84 View Post
meh, ok.
i'm someone who finds it weird that people support their fellow countrymen/women almost purely BECAUSE they are from the same country as themselves. i find it very weird in a sport like tennis, which apart from the olympics and fed/davis cup is clearly a sport for individuals and not for countries. i jaccept that plenty of people don't agree with that view, but still, i find it weird.
i find it ever weirder that people would suddenly start supporting an adopted member of their country as well was just curious when i saw all the serbs in here when i'd never noticed any before the nationality change.
Well Chris, I cannot agree with you for the next points:

1. Individuals in tennis always represent their countries. Na Li, Djocovic and many others become real ambassadors of their countries. That is why India, China and some other emerging countries have HUGE budget for tennis development.

2. It does not matter where a tennis player wins, everybody see the flag and the country - always a point of proundess for people from the country.

3. In case of Vesna she chooses the country not like that, for example like some girls and boys from Russia went to play for Kazakhstan of course because of support and respect from Kazakh Federation and not becasue of national identity. I do not know why Vesna went to Serbia because we never read her interview or something from her, but she is 50% Serbian, has the citezenship from the birth, can speak Serbian I suppose. Means for people from Serbia and Serbian people she is like their part. And if people like that it is not weird at all.

4. By the way I saw some articles in Serbian newspapers even before when she made some good result in AO last year they wrote Vesna represents Russia but Serbian by blood.. And I see now a lot of articles of Support for some players like Tomic, Petkovic and others who has Serbian origin.. so it is not weird at all
kingcrimson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 24th, 2012, 10:18 AM   #272
country flag JJ Expres

JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute

6-7 6-3

1st: she served (at least) twice for the set at 5*-4 and 6*-5
2nd: she was down 0*-2 and that service game lasted for like 15 min and she saved multiply BP(that game was i think deciding in this set)...

6-7 6-3 3-6

Last edited by JJ Expres : May 24th, 2012 at 11:02 AM.
JJ Expres is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 11:51 AM   #273
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Vesna blew that. Actually surprised she recovered in the 2nd, thought it was going to be a bagel. Couldn't get ahead in the third.

Tough, she'll lose 98 points in the rankings. (Was in the main draw last year, and reached the second round.)
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #274
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute

(4)Erika Sema (JPN) v Vesna Dolonc (SRB)
Tatjana Malek (GER) v (Q)Maria Joao Koehler (POR)
Reka-Luca Jani (HUN) v Amra Sadikovic (SUI)
(5)Vitalia Diatchenko (RUS) v Madison Keys (USA)

Got the 4th seed in 50k Nottingham
Barktra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2012, 10:28 PM   #275
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

Sema who?
Anyways, I still can't support Dolonc as much as the other Serbs, I don't know why, I'm trying. At least if I could hear something Serbian from her etc.
Linguae^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2012, 10:41 PM   #276
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris 84 View Post
meh, ok.
i'm someone who finds it weird that people support their fellow countrymen/women almost purely BECAUSE they are from the same country as themselves. i find it very weird in a sport like tennis, which apart from the olympics and fed/davis cup is clearly a sport for individuals and not for countries. i jaccept that plenty of people don't agree with that view, but still, i find it weird.
i find it ever weirder that people would suddenly start supporting an adopted member of their country as well was just curious when i saw all the serbs in here when i'd never noticed any before the nationality change.
I must say that I find it strange to cheer for her now, I wish her all the best, but I'm not a fan yet. It's just that I have supported all Serbian players since they were juniors. I've followed JJ and Ana for years, not only because they're Serbs, I really find them likeable. But the thing with Vesna is strange, she's not a junior, I know very little about her. If she gets to slam MD, I'll probably cheer for her. Just like JJExpress said, we have 2 players in top 100, so it would be great if there could be some other Serb to cheer for. Of course, I have faves that are not Serbs, but it's normal for me to want Serbian tennis to be better than it is. Australian fans support some adopted players, Gajdosova for example. Nothing bad about that, really.
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 11:35 AM   #277
country flag JJ Expres

JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute

Vesna Dolonc (SRB) d. (4)Erika Sema (JPN) 62 60
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 01:10 PM   #278
country flag JJ's biatch

JJ's biatch has a reputation beyond repute JJ's biatch has a reputation beyond repute JJ's biatch has a reputation beyond repute JJ's biatch has a reputation beyond repute JJ's biatch has a reputation beyond repute JJ's biatch has a reputation beyond repute JJ's biatch has a reputation beyond repute JJ's biatch has a reputation beyond repute JJ's biatch has a reputation beyond repute JJ's biatch has a reputation beyond repute JJ's biatch has a reputation beyond repute

Krunic
Kostic
Akgul
King
JJ's biatch is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2012, 07:54 AM   #279
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Vesna in Wimbly qualies. Her section:

(6)Mariana Duque-Marino (COL) v Estrella Cabeza Candela (ESP)
Jill Craybas (USA) v Vesna Dolonc (SRB)
Nastassja Burnett (ITA) v Ines Ferrer Suarez (ESP)
Amra Sadikovic (SUI) v (15)Valeria Savinykh (RUS)
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Old Jun 19th, 2012, 08:22 AM   #280
country flag JJ's biatch

JJ's biatch has a reputation beyond repute JJ's biatch has a reputation beyond repute JJ's biatch has a reputation beyond repute JJ's biatch has a reputation beyond repute JJ's biatch has a reputation beyond repute JJ's biatch has a reputation beyond repute JJ's biatch has a reputation beyond repute JJ's biatch has a reputation beyond repute JJ's biatch has a reputation beyond repute JJ's biatch has a reputation beyond repute JJ's biatch has a reputation beyond repute

She has a shot if she beats Jill. Good luck
Krunic
Kostic
Akgul
King
Old Jun 19th, 2012, 12:38 PM   #281
Tennis Fool

Rolled over Jill, 4 & 1.
Putintseva #1 player

Old Jun 19th, 2012, 12:40 PM   #282
country flag Igorche

Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute

Bravo Vesnice idemoooo
Bojana Jovanovski/Jelena Janković/Ana Ivanović/Vesna Dolonc/Aleksandra Krunić/Jovana Jakšić/Ivana Jorović/Doroteja Erić/Katarina Jokić/Nina Stojanović/Dejana Radanović/Nikolina Jović/Natalija Kostić/Tamara Čurović/Jelena Dokić/Kristina Mladenović/Andrea Petković
Igorche is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #283
country flag JJ's biatch

Davai, ajde, idemooooo!
Krunic
Kostic
Akgul
King
Old Jun 19th, 2012, 02:47 PM   #284
country flag JJ Expres

bravo, Vesna
Old Jun 20th, 2012, 11:22 AM   #285
Tennis Fool

Even easier against Estrella Cabeza Candela (aka Candlelight), 1 & 2.
Putintseva #1 player