Vesna Dolonc - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 17th, 2009, 04:14 PM   #166
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Vesna Manasieva

GTK... Vesna Manasieva

LONDON, England - Like so many young players, Vesna Manasieva - who turns 20 on July 21 - hasn't found the transition from the juniors to the senior ranks all that easy. Life has been a whirl of ITF Circuit events and Tour qualifying events, with injuries hindering her progress.
But last month the sprightly Muscovite surprised herself by qualifying for her first Grand Slam main draw on Wimbledon's grass, where she lost a nail-biter in the first round to the equally youthful but vastly more experienced Timea Bacsinszky of Switzerland, 8-6 in the third set. Since then there has been a semifinal run at an ITF event in Spain, and this weekend she is among the hopefuls contesting the qualifying rounds of the Banka Koper Slovenia Open in Portoroz.
Sonyericssonwtatour.com spoke to Vesna right after she had qualified for Wimbledon.
How did you get started in tennis?
VM: I started playing tennis when I was three. I saw on TV a tennis match and I told my parents I wanted to play, so they bought the racquet and tennis balls for me. Actually I don't remember it but my grandmother says it was the first matches of Lindsay Davenport… she had just started to play.
What's your coaching situation at present?
VM: My coach back home in Russia is Tatiana Solovieva, but I don't have anyone on the road with me - just my mom. She helps me with my off-court training, throws me balls, keeps me motivated, and so on.
Tell us more about your family.
VM: I'm an only child, so aside from my mom, Ekaterina, there's my dad, Ratko, who's a director in a company.
How far did you go in your schooling?
VM: I finished high school and now I'm in my second year of studying physical education at university in Moscow.
Do you have a favorite tournament?
VM: I really fell in love with the Pattaya Open in Thailand. The hotel is very comfortable, the courts are right there and the people are lovely - it's a very good organization. I felt very good there… and made it to the quarterfinals last year. Of course, I held match point against Bychkova in the second set tie-break, so I should have done even better!
What do you enjoy about life on the Tour?
VM: I think when you win a match it's the best, because you are practising for this moment most of the time.
What don't you like?
VM: I'm a big fan of tennis, so I don't really have things I don't like. That said, I don't really like some aspects of training, like running, but I do it anyway!
What do you like to do in your free time?
VM: I like to read books and hang out with my friends. My boyfriend, Arsen, is in Moscow so when I'm there we spend time together. He can't travel with me because of his work but hopefully some time in the future he will.
What's your favorite shot?
VM: My backhand.
Favorite surface?
VM: Hardcourts.
Is there a player from the past who you wish you could have played?
VM: Justine Henin. That was my dream, so it was a big pity for me when she retired.
So you're hoping she follows Kim Clijsters with a comeback?
VM: Yes, I want that!
If you could steal a shot from another player, what would you choose?
VM: I'd like Serena's serve, or Venus's. Either sister would do.
What do you feel you need to improve about your game to take the next step up?
VM: I think I need to learn to play with more slice, drop shots, generally mix things up a bit. In particular I need to volley more; I don't like to volley so much, but I am working on this.
You're still fairly new to the Tour - who would you most like to play?
VM: I want to play against somebody from the Top 10 - that's my dream at the moment as I've never played anybody so highly ranked. It would be very interesting for me, to see how my game compares.
You qualified for Wimbledon and it is your first Grand Slam main draw - how do you feel about that?
VM: I'm very happy, and it was a big surprise for me because I really didn't expect to get to the main draw on grass.
What's your goal for this year?
VM: You know, I'm not making any goals, because for a year and a half I've had quite a black time - I was getting injured and ill - so now I'm taking things match by match. I just want to be able to play.

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/p...724417,00.html

Old Jul 18th, 2009, 01:18 PM   #167
KV

KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute

Starts Portoroz with comfortable first round Qual win as expected
KV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 03:31 AM   #168
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Vesna makes Hon. Men. on the Russian Watch this week
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 06:03 PM   #169
KV

KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute

Vesna has defeated A. Medina Garrigues in 3 sets
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 06:06 PM   #170
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

amazing comeback win for The Hair
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 06:07 PM   #171
country flag Marat Safin fan

Marat Safin fan is a name known to all Marat Safin fan is a name known to all Marat Safin fan is a name known to all Marat Safin fan is a name known to all Marat Safin fan is a name known to all Marat Safin fan is a name known to all Marat Safin fan is a name known to all Marat Safin fan is a name known to all Marat Safin fan is a name known to all Marat Safin fan is a name known to all Marat Safin fan is a name known to all

I can't believe it she was 4-1 down in the 3rd.... Amazing win Vesna, she MUST be close to top 100 now right?
Viktoriya Kamenskaya :
Yulia Putintseva
Valeria Solovieva :
Marat Safin fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2009, 12:21 AM   #172
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

birthday girl Vesna Manasieva.
Manasieva, who turned 20 on Tuesday, fittingly collected the first Top 20 scalp of her career over the No.20-ranked Spaniard. After winning the first set the Russian faded, dropping the second set handily and falling behind 5-2 in the third. But she hung tough, even saving a pair of match points at 15-40 serving at 3-5, and eventually earned her best ever win in terms of ranking.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2009, 02:38 PM   #173
KV

Had a good Portoroz tournament where she went from Qualies to 2nd round.
Starts the Istanbul qualifications with straight set win as expected
Old Jul 27th, 2009, 09:53 AM   #174
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute

She lost yesterday to Jidkova 5-7 6-7

Old Aug 26th, 2009, 06:28 PM   #175

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

Vesna won her opener at USQ yesterday
61 62 vs Xinyun Han

Q2 vs Rebecca Marino
good luck
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
Old Aug 26th, 2009, 07:36 PM   #176
KV

As expected won the opener
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 11:04 PM   #177

Vesna into Q3
won 6-7 6-2 6-1 vs Marino

Vesna
Q3 vs Parra
Old Aug 28th, 2009, 04:55 AM   #178
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

I was there during the second set and she was doing much better than her ranking

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 10:30 PM   #179

Vesna made it 7-6 6-4 win over Parra

good luck in MD now
Old Aug 30th, 2009, 09:48 PM   #180
KV

Brilliant