Wild Cards - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 14th, 2006, 04:26 PM   #31
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew..
I think Alex is probably a lock for one now. She's actually had a half-way decent summer.
She's only won four matches, and those wins were over Challenger-level players, such Anne Keothavong. With all the WTA wild cards Alex has been handed, she had a real chance to boost her ranking, but instead she's still wallowing outside the top 400. If she gets a US Open main draw WC, which I doubt, then someone more deserving has been cheated.

I don't even think she deserves a qualy WC, but maybe she'll get one of those.

I'd love to see Tara Snyder get one. The USTA should reward her for courageously speaking out about the loathesome Joe Giuliano.
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 14th, 2006, 05:37 PM   #32
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute
Caroline Wozniacki will maybe get a Wildcard into the Qualifying tournament.

Edit: Bad news: Caroline has not yet got a US Open qualis wildcard, it was false info in danish TV2. She may get a wildcard, but not sure yet...

Sorry for the wrong info from Danish TV

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums

Last edited by Jorn : Aug 15th, 2006 at 11:27 PM.
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2006, 06:12 PM   #33
country flag Dexter
Team WTAworld
Polish & Serbian Kingdoms

Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn
Caroline Wozniacki has got a Wildcard into the Qualifying tournament!
Great news!
Old Aug 14th, 2006, 06:50 PM   #34
country flag CooCooCachoo
Team WTAworld

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by janie
She's only won four matches, and those wins were over Challenger-level players, such Anne Keothavong. With all the WTA wild cards Alex has been handed, she had a real chance to boost her ranking, but instead she's still wallowing outside the top 400. If she gets a US Open main draw WC, which I doubt, then someone more deserving has been cheated.

I don't even think she deserves a qualy WC, but maybe she'll get one of those.

I'd love to see Tara Snyder get one. The USTA should reward her for courageously speaking out about the loathesome Joe Giuliano.
Yeah, Snyder getting one would be nice based on her achievements too, in my opinion. It's great to see older players fight back.

Bemelmans|Camerin|Cornet|Crivoi|Cuevas|Dentoni|Dod ig|Garbin|Granollers
Hlavackova|Ilhan|Kohli|Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino| Menendez|Phau|Polansky
Rezaï|Robredo|Roger-Vasselin|Srebotnik|Szavay|Wörle|Zverev

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2006, 07:20 PM   #35
country flag LegionArgentina

LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute
I hope that Paola Suarez receive a Qualy wc.

*Peng*Tanasurgarn*SuarezNavarro*Duarte*Martic*Ryba rikova*
*Irigoyen*Botto*Ormaechea*Pella*Lucero*Pereira*Tow nsend*

*Kurata*Gamiz*Perez*SaiSai Zheng*Errani*Ce*ForetzGacon*
.Podoroska.Bonardi.HaddadMaia.PerezRojas.Gonzalez.
*Furlanetto*Goncalves*Pigossi*AlvarezTeran*DuqueMa rino*
LegionArgentina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2006, 08:25 AM   #36
country flag TheGrinders.TV

TheGrinders.TV is just really nice TheGrinders.TV is just really nice TheGrinders.TV is just really nice TheGrinders.TV is just really nice TheGrinders.TV is just really nice TheGrinders.TV is just really nice TheGrinders.TV is just really nice TheGrinders.TV is just really nice TheGrinders.TV is just really nice TheGrinders.TV is just really nice TheGrinders.TV is just really nice
You're More Than Right on Mattek Deserving If Anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Zone
Mattek will not be able to get into the Main Draw because of withdrawals. Players will withdraw last minute to keep their hopes alive of playing the final major. And last minute withdrawals mean lucky losers -- not promoting the next-in-lines. Mattek should receive a WC, especially after a QF showing at Los Angeles, defeating Pennetta and pushing Elena to three. Mattek is a very good player. I saw her play Dechy at the US Open once a few years back and she pushed Dechy to three. I am very intrigued to see how she will play considering her recent success/resurgence.

I'll tell you one thing, the likelihood of her getting in is good. The ranking that is being used is 105. I believe it is 4 of the last 6 years, that was good enough. But it is close though. I am not sure how to keep this private but the head of the USTA contacted her today since there was a deadline for the application and Beth did not want to worry about USTA bs and messing with her head as they seem to want to get back into her good graces. I mean she is like 2 out so it is funny that the head had called her. Well, she wound up submitting the app. so if she does not get in directly with her ranking, you can be sure she will get the WC. It would be a shame if not and the other girls are all ranked a good amount below her. Beth being smart and not giving in to any possible BS that is a part of the USTA, well, she is preparing 100% for a qualy match. I'll be there Day 1 of Main Draw though =) Peace my friend!
TheGrinders.TV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2006, 10:51 AM   #37
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute
I know its only about a 1 in a million long shot but maybe Marina Erakovic will get a WC to the qualifying draw (after doing so well last year)
kittyking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2006, 11:41 AM   #38
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyking
I know its only about a 1 in a million long shot but maybe Marina Erakovic will get a WC to the qualifying draw (after doing so well last year)
make that 1 in 10000000000000000
she wont get one
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 06:21 AM   #39
country flag TheGrinders.TV

TheGrinders.TV is just really nice TheGrinders.TV is just really nice TheGrinders.TV is just really nice TheGrinders.TV is just really nice TheGrinders.TV is just really nice TheGrinders.TV is just really nice TheGrinders.TV is just really nice TheGrinders.TV is just really nice TheGrinders.TV is just really nice TheGrinders.TV is just really nice TheGrinders.TV is just really nice
Bethanie Mattek IS Getting One. Confirmed!!!! =). But she'll likely get in anyway. Check her out on www.wtatour.com, There is a Q & A "Getting to Know Bethanie Mattek". Good stuff!
TheGrinders.TV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 04:23 PM   #40
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute
MainDraw WC:

Serena Williams (Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.)
Chanda Rubin (Lafayette, La.)
Australian Alicia Molik
Lauren Albanese (Coral Springs, Fla.),
Alexa Glatch (Newport Beach, Calif.),
Jessica Kirkland (Miami),
Bethanie Mattek (Boca Raton, Fla.)
Ahsha Rolle (Miami)

US Open qualifying wild cards:

Madison Brengle (16, Dover, Del.)
Julia Cohen (17, Miami)
Yulia Fedossova (18, France)
Mary Gambale (17, Billerica, Mass.)
Chelsey Gullickson (15, Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.)
Jamie Hampton (16, Auburn, Ala.)
Alexandra Stevenson (25, La Jolla, Calif.)
Neha Uberoi (20, Boca Raton, Fla.)
Ashley Weinhold (17, Austin, Texas.)

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 05:46 PM   #41
country flag -Makiri-

-Makiri- has a reputation beyond repute -Makiri- has a reputation beyond repute -Makiri- has a reputation beyond repute -Makiri- has a reputation beyond repute -Makiri- has a reputation beyond repute -Makiri- has a reputation beyond repute -Makiri- has a reputation beyond repute -Makiri- has a reputation beyond repute -Makiri- has a reputation beyond repute -Makiri- has a reputation beyond repute -Makiri- has a reputation beyond repute
good wild cards, but there isn't Carly Gullickson
-Makiri- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 10:07 PM   #42
country flag leviathane

leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of
good news !

Ahsha
Chanda

and Yulia for the qualif

Chanda Rubin ,Monica Niculescu, Kritina Mladenovic, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Vera Zvonareva, Kimiko, Martina Hingis , Stephanie Foretz, Laura Thorpe, Caroline Garcia, Patty Schnyder, Dinara Safina, Aravane Rezai, Ahsha Rolle, Arena Rodionova, Tatiana Golovin
leviathane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 10:37 PM   #43
country flag LegionArgentina

LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute
Chanda

*Peng*Tanasurgarn*SuarezNavarro*Duarte*Martic*Ryba rikova*
*Irigoyen*Botto*Ormaechea*Pella*Lucero*Pereira*Tow nsend*

*Kurata*Gamiz*Perez*SaiSai Zheng*Errani*Ce*ForetzGacon*
.Podoroska.Bonardi.HaddadMaia.PerezRojas.Gonzalez.
*Furlanetto*Goncalves*Pigossi*AlvarezTeran*DuqueMa rino*
LegionArgentina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2006, 01:46 AM   #44
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute
aww no Erakovic
kittyking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2006, 05:18 PM   #45
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
Ansley Cargill got screwed over.