Isabella Holland - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How far can Isabella Holland go on the wta rankings?

Top 400 8 11.94%
Top 200 8 11.94%
Top 100 15 22.39%
Top 50 13 19.40%
Top 20 6 8.96%
Top 10 15 22.39%
Other (please specify) 2 2.99%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 23rd, 2006, 07:45 AM   #31
aussie_stars

aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZTENNIS
Isabella has entered in both the Thailand Open ITF Junior Championships (G2)
GOOD LUCK ISABELLA AND MONIKA!!!!
Should be interesting, theres a few of the aussie girls here, including Jess Moore (2nd Seed), Tyra Calderwood (4th seed), Brittany Sheed (6th seed). Good luck to them all

http://tournament.thaitennisranking.net/170/GS18.pdf
aussie_stars is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 5th, 2006, 07:41 PM   #32
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Isabella in Bangkok, Monika in Caloundra!!

Isabella went on to reach the 2nd Rd of G2 Singles and Q/F of G2 Doubles last week. This week at GB1 Event, she won 2 matches (as No.15 seed) and lost 3rd Rd to Ayumi Morita (1) 1-6, 4-6. Again she reached doubles Q/F!!

Meanwhile Monika competed at $A25 000 Caloundra City Open AMT (No.8 Seed) and reached the singles and doubles finals, scoring some impressive victories over much older and more experienced opponents. Monika only lost to No.1 seed Shayna McDowell, 6-4, 6-2, in the singles final, but, partnering Ashling Sumner, couldn't win a game against McDowell and Michelle Brycki in the doubles final.

Singles Results in Full: No.8 seed
1st Rd: Bye
2nd Rd: def. T. Barnett (NSW) 6-1, 6-1
3rd Rd: def. E. Roach (QLD) 8-0
Q/F: def. C. Te Tai (NZL) 8-3
S/F: def. H. Parsons (QLD) 8-4
F: lt. (1) S. McDowell (QLD) 4-6, 2-6

Doubles Results in Full: (unseeded)
1st Rd: def. Barnett/Searl (NSW/NSW) 6-0, 3-6, 10-4
Q/F: def. (4) Lee/Watter (QLD/QLD) 8-0
S/F: def. (2) Hopkins/Teitzel (QLD/QLD) 8-1
F: lt. (1) Brycki/McDowell (QLD/QLD) 0-6, 0-6
Old Nov 11th, 2006, 11:35 AM   #33
country flag jas_aussie
Team WTAworld

jas_aussie is a name known to all jas_aussie is a name known to all jas_aussie is a name known to all jas_aussie is a name known to all jas_aussie is a name known to all jas_aussie is a name known to all jas_aussie is a name known to all jas_aussie is a name known to all jas_aussie is a name known to all jas_aussie is a name known to all jas_aussie is a name known to all
Re: Isabella does well, Monika R/U @ Caloundra!!

Isbaella seem's to be the future of australian tennis
jas_aussie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2006, 08:48 AM   #34
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Isabella does well, Monika R/U @ Caloundra!!

Rising Stars
Holland puts in the hard yards
November 13, 2006

By Ian Burrows

Isabella Holland only played her first ITF junior tournament in January this year but has wasted little time making a name for herself.

Not yet through her first full season, the 14-year-old is just a couple of quality wins off reaching the world’s top 100. It’s been a meteoric rise for the Queenslander, who has her eyes set on junior grand slam success over the next couple of years.

“Over the next maybe two years I’ll focus on junior tournaments, like the junior grand slams,” she says. “And long term definitely the WTA.”

Isabella Holland: achieving success in juniors and on the ITF women's circuit.

Holland’s first ITF event was the Traralgon International in early January. She trounced Latvia’s Trina Slapeka in the opening round before she got a dose of her own medicine in the second round with a straight sets loss.

The following week in Nottinghill she was convincingly defeated in the first round before also falling in the first round at the Australian Open. However. she did put up a commendable fight, losing in three sets to a girl who went on to reach the last 16.

The win and a few losses in January was nothing more than a routine start to a junior career on the tough ITF circuit. But “routine” went right out the window in the following months. From her next four tournaments Holland claimed one title, reached two finals and made a semi.

In the tournament after her Australian Open loss, Holland went right through to the final without conceding a set. She backed up the performance with another runner-up finished the following week before reaching the last four at the Adelaide ITF.

With form and confidence on her side, Holland turned an impressive run into a stellar run when she secured her first major crown at the NSW ITF. The Queenslander then had a month’s break from competition before travelling to Morocco where the wins kept coming. Her semifinal appearance at the Tingis Cup took her win/loss record from her past 25 matches to 21-4.

Drawing inspiration from one of the greats, Roger Federer, is Isabella Holland (third right) and her top Australian junior peers.

Holland says there’s been no secret to her recent success; she’s just putting in the hard yards. This strategy really paid dividends in October when she reached the quarterfinal of the women's Kia Pro Circuit event at Melbourne Park.

“I’ve been training harder,” she says. “For the rest of this year hopefully I can crack the top 100 ITF.”

Like all players, Holland has her strengths – a ripping right-handed forehand – and her weaknesses. She says there are parts of her game that need improving if she wants to take the next step.

“(I’m working on) stepping in on my backhand and really using my serve to dominate.”

And if she’s drawn inspiration from some of the people she’s been in contact with lately, then the only way is up.

“I was hitting with Alicia (Molik) the other day, which was good. She hits a hard ball. That was the second time I had hit with her.

“I’ve met Roger Federer, he’s a really nice guy and I’ve met Lleyton (Hewitt).”

At just 14 years of age Holland’s CV is outstanding to say the least. She’s already claimed a national 16s and under title, represented Australia and reached a career-high No.112 in the world in juniors.

She’s also played, and achieved success, in numerous countries around the world. The overseas experience has been crucial to her development, but she says there’s nothing like playing in front of a home crowd at the Australian Open.

“It’s good to get an experience from both sides. Like here you might have everyone cheering for you and if you’re overseas maybe you’ll have people cheering against you. Either way it doesn’t really matter to me.

“I played the junior Australian Open this year. I did alright. I loved it.”

Travelling overseas is one of the highs of life as a professional tennis player, says Holland. She’s played in Morocco, Fiji, the US and New Zealand to name a few. And with a Swedish father, Holland has also seen many parts of Europe.

“I really enjoy travelling and it’s really good going as a team, you get that team atmosphere. I think it’s (travelling) the best part of it all.

“Just seeing all the different places, playing in different climates … and the people I travel with. (My friends) think I’m really lucky going to all different places.”

While still only a teenager, Holland has more than just tennis to worry about; school, family and friends are all high on the agenda. A year nine student in Queensland, Holland has plenty of schoolwork to keep her busy during down time on tour.

“(My) school is really understanding. I don’t mind school, it’s always good to come back from tennis and switch off.”

And when she gets home, she enjoys the simple things in life – catching up with friends, shopping and going to the movies. The Notebook and Breakfast at Tiffany’s are among her favourite flicks. And while she’s letting her hair down, she doesn’t mind digging into the ice-cream and chocolate – in moderation of course.

But letting her hair-down doesn’t happen often. Holland is too busy chasing tour titles and trying to crack that exclusive top-100 club – which at this rate won’t be long coming.
Old Nov 15th, 2006, 10:45 AM   #35
aussie_stars

aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold
Re: "Holland Putting in the Hard Yards" & Monika R/U @ Caloundra!!

What is Isabella's next event?
aussie_stars is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2006, 06:48 AM   #36
country flag OZTENNIS

Re: "Holland Putting in the Hard Yards" & Monika R/U @ Caloundra!!

Isabella played (and lost) at the 25k event in Nurioopta. As the No.15 seed, Holland outplayed Rima Hamze 6-3, 6-2 in QR1, but fell to Jenny Swift in QR2 6-2, 7-6(5).

She will now compete in the 18s Nationals for which she is currently the second seed.
Old Dec 2nd, 2006, 10:33 PM   #37
country flag Cat's Pajamas
A Young Troubadour.

Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Isabella out of 25k Nurioopta in QR2!!

Good luck next year in ITF's and juniors Isabella!
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 01:11 AM   #38
country flag Cat's Pajamas
A Young Troubadour.

Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute Cat's Pajamas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Isabella out of 25k Nurioopta in QR2!!

I hope she does well at the junior events and perhaps a qualifying wildcard at the AO!
Old Jan 12th, 2007, 08:45 AM   #39
country flag OZTENNIS

Re: Izzy's new coach...Jason Stoltenberg?

I have heard a rumor that JASON STOLTENBERG is Izzy's new personal coach!!
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 01:38 AM   #40
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZTENNIS View Post
I have heard a rumor that JASON STOLTENBERG is Izzy's new personal coach!!
I think Jason might be the coach for the Aussie junior gals - maybe just not Izzy. He was watching all of their matches, Holland, Mirkovic, McDowell and Bai during the AO qualifying.
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 05:39 AM   #41
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

isnt he part of the national high performance academy coaching staff??

he probably had to be there!

also Craig Tiley and Peter Johnston were watching Izzy
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2007, 11:47 PM   #42
country flag tiger123

tiger123 is an unknown quantity at this point tiger123 is an unknown quantity at this point tiger123 is an unknown quantity at this point tiger123 is an unknown quantity at this point tiger123 is an unknown quantity at this point tiger123 is an unknown quantity at this point tiger123 is an unknown quantity at this point tiger123 is an unknown quantity at this point tiger123 is an unknown quantity at this point tiger123 is an unknown quantity at this point tiger123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozfan44 View Post
isnt he part of the national high performance academy coaching staff??

he probably had to be there!

also Craig Tiley and Peter Johnston were watching Izzy
He resigned from Tennis Australia last month... is Mark Verryth's personal coach, could also be Hollands too.
tiger123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2007, 01:14 AM   #43
country flag OZTENNIS

Isabella lost in R1 of the Nottinghill G1 ITF Junior Event to the No.5 seed Vankova, 2-6, 2-6. Still scored a good win in the doubles and plays the top seeds today (partnering Sally Peers). Hopefully she can build some momentum for a strong showing in Aust. Open Juniors
Old Jan 18th, 2007, 12:42 AM   #44
country flag OZTENNIS

Re: Isabella Holland Cheering Thread

It was just announced on the Channel 7 telecast of Day 4 of the Australian Open that Isabella Holland is the worthy recipient of the 2006 Garnier Rising Star Award. Congratulations Isabella! She receives a cheque of $A10 000!!
Old Jan 18th, 2007, 02:07 AM   #45
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Isabella Holland: '06 Garnier Rising Star!!

Nice for Isabella! She should put that money to good use
Dani12 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote