Report: Israel Gives Syria 72-Hour Ultimatum - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 15th, 2006, 10:22 PM   #1
country flag Warrior

Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Report: Israel Gives Syria 72-Hour Ultimatum

Report: Israel gives Syria ultimatum

London-based Arabic language newspaper Al-Hayat says Israel gave Syria 72 hours to stop Hizbullah’s activity, bring about release of kidnapped IDF troops. ‘Israel will not end military activity until new situation created that will prevent Syria, Iran from using terror organizations to threaten its security,’ newspaper quotes Pentagon official as saying
Roee Nahmias

The London-based Arabic language newspaper Al-Hayat reported Saturday that “Washington has information according to which Israel gave Damascus 72 hours to stop Hizbullah’s activity along the Lebanon-Israel border and bring about the release the two kidnapped IDF soldiers or it would launch an offensive with disastrous consequences.”

The report said “a senior Pentagon source warned that should the Arab world and international community fail in the efforts to convince

Syria to pressure Hizbullah into releasing the soldiers and halt the current escalation Israel may attack targets in the country.”

Al-Hayat quoted the source as saying that “the US cannot rule out the possibility of an Israeli strike in Syria,” this despite the fact that the Bush administration has asked Israel to “refrain from any military activity that may result in civilian casualties.”

'Hizbullah made the same mistake'

The report also mentioned that President George W. Bush has repeatedly put much of the blame for the recent escalation on Syria.

“It is no coincidence that the Hizbullah operation comes at a time when the international community is working to impose sanctions on Iran due to its nuclear program and settle the score with Syria by establishing an international court to try those behind the assassination of former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafik Hariri,” the Pentagon source said.

According to the source, Hizbullah made the same mistake as Hamas when it did not predict the ramifications of its actions and ignored the regional and international changes since the fall of Saddam Hussein.

The source said that Israel has indicated that it “will not end its military activity until a new situation is created that will prevent Syria and Iran from using terror organizations, such as Hamas and Hizbullah, to threaten its security.”

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...275886,00.html
Warrior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 15th, 2006, 10:29 PM   #2
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute
oh....again war...
Just Do It is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2006, 10:34 PM   #3
country flag furrykitten

furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute
I hope things can be sorted out without more and more Civilians getting killed, its terrible that the innocent always suffer

WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS FC
furrykitten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2006, 10:38 PM   #4
country flag NyCPsU

NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by furrykitten
I hope things can be sorted out without more and more Civilians getting killed, its terrible that the innocent always suffer
blame the terrorists for hiding behind the civilians
its sad, but true

they dont have military bases that could be attacked, but instead basements under schools and churches. They really are disgusting.

*Stephens*Hampton*Riske*Dulgheru*

*Anyone playing Wickmayer*
NyCPsU is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2006, 10:49 PM   #5
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute
The same situation was when NATO and US bombed Serbia in 1999 !They destroyed my primary school!Latter they said: serbian military was inside, but unfortunately there was just children
Just Do It is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2006, 10:50 PM   #6
country flag venus_rulez
Keepin That Tutty Fresh!

venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute
This really could turn into the next World War.

I GOT 5 ON IT!!!!! VENUS WILLIAMS 5 TIME WIMBLEDON CHAMPION!!!!!
venus_rulez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2006, 02:42 AM   #7
country flag TF Chipmunk
Team WTAworld

TF Chipmunk has a reputation beyond repute TF Chipmunk has a reputation beyond repute TF Chipmunk has a reputation beyond repute TF Chipmunk has a reputation beyond repute TF Chipmunk has a reputation beyond repute TF Chipmunk has a reputation beyond repute TF Chipmunk has a reputation beyond repute TF Chipmunk has a reputation beyond repute TF Chipmunk has a reputation beyond repute TF Chipmunk has a reputation beyond repute TF Chipmunk has a reputation beyond repute
I don't mean to sound like an ignorant little kid, but I haven't been following the news as I should be doing. Could someone please tell me how all of this violence started from Israel in the first place?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA
Riding the 3AM Rollercoaster

NADIA PETROVA
ANNA-LENA GROENEFELD
TF Chipmunk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2006, 02:51 AM   #8
country flag LoveFifteen
Gone with the Wind fabulous!

LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by venus_rulez
This really could turn into the next World War.
I agree. It's really scary actually. Isreal has nuclear weapons, and so do some of its enemies. This really could erupt into World War 3. I am trying not to get nervous.
LoveFifteen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2006, 03:15 AM   #9
country flag spyro

spyro is a name known to all spyro is a name known to all spyro is a name known to all spyro is a name known to all spyro is a name known to all spyro is a name known to all spyro is a name known to all spyro is a name known to all spyro is a name known to all spyro is a name known to all spyro is a name known to all
Where are we at ??? A country giving ultimatum to other country in the matter of millitary action (war) ? Does Israel have this kind of authority ?
Old Jul 16th, 2006, 04:58 AM   #10
country flag Mightymirza

Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyro
Where are we at ??? A country giving ultimatum to other country in the matter of millitary action (war) ? Does Israel have this kind of authority ?
what authority??LOL the country just wrecked another country recently(lebanon)...Nothing is fair actually..Even tho this step makes more sense for israel than destroying lives in lebanon!!!!!!!!Well thing is that israel did take the land and displaced a lot of arabs is a fact!! But the best thing for people is to forget it now and live on in peace!! Arabs just refuse to get away this land!!! And its gonna keep on having these kinda wars!!! Everyones fighting for some reason!! What a crazy world!!

Martina Hingis Ana Ivanovic Myskina Safarova

When I have my goals set, I always attain them- Justine
Mightymirza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2006, 05:33 AM   #11
country flag Reckoner

Reckoner has much to be proud of Reckoner has much to be proud of Reckoner has much to be proud of Reckoner has much to be proud of Reckoner has much to be proud of Reckoner has much to be proud of Reckoner has much to be proud of Reckoner has much to be proud of Reckoner has much to be proud of Reckoner has much to be proud of Reckoner has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF Chipmunk
I don't mean to sound like an ignorant little kid, but I haven't been following the news as I should be doing. Could someone please tell me how all of this violence started from Israel in the first place?
Hey, I am one that usuallykeeps up with world events but lately I've haven't really being paying to attention to whats going on (to keep my sanity, plus I'm calmer than I used to). In other words anybody want to help the both of out, please?
Old Jul 16th, 2006, 04:23 PM   #12
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute
Syrian-backed Hezbollah (an anti-Israel terrorist group) that has control of southern Lebanon attacked Israel, killing several Israeli troops and kidnapping two others. That's what started it.
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2006, 04:24 PM   #13
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightymirza
what authority??LOL the country just wrecked another country recently(lebanon)...Nothing is fair actually..Even tho this step makes more sense for israel than destroying lives in lebanon!!!!!!!!Well thing is that israel did take the land and displaced a lot of arabs is a fact!! But the best thing for people is to forget it now and live on in peace!! Arabs just refuse to get away this land!!! And its gonna keep on having these kinda wars!!! Everyones fighting for some reason!! What a crazy world!!
Yes, and we all know that Arabs have never taken land from anyone.
Old Jul 16th, 2006, 04:30 PM   #14
country flag Scotso

Syria is up there with North Korea as having the most authoritarian and horrible government. They pretend to strictly follow Islam, but have no qualms about doing whatever will strengthen their grip on power. They admittedly back terrorist organizations and pulled the strings behind Lebanon's puppet government for years until they were finally forced out, but they still control a great deal of that country through their terrorist Hezbollah. Iran also supports these terrorist groups.

I don't understand why the United States would have gone after Iraq when Syria admittedly (or obviously) supports terrorist groups. I don't want war, but I'm happy that Israel has given them an ultimatum. Syria thinks they can do whatever they want and there will be no consequences, and it's time someone showed them that that isn't the case. Unfortunately, I think the Syrian government is so delusional that they probably think they could defeat Israel. Fat chance.

Iran has said that any attack on their fellow terrorist government in Syria would lead to a "response" from Iran... but again, I doubt they have the backbone to attack Israel.

I just hope that world governments put pressure on Syria and they at least begin to play lip-service to peace. I know they will never stop funding terrorists because they are such. Still, war between Israel and Syria might well lead to World War III, and I don't think anyone really wants that. I don't think the U.S. would stand by while Syria and Iran attacked Israel, nor should they.

*sigh* I don't understand why these people can't just leave Israel alone and all live in peace.
Old Jul 16th, 2006, 04:41 PM   #15
country flag Mightymirza

Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaTorresFan
Yes, and we all know that Arabs have never taken land from anyone.
that was like Cebturies agoooo when countries were not even formed!!! It was a crazy world back then..They came all the way upto india and ruled major parts of india as well..But be realistic!!! It was like centuries ago..And this is like 50 yrs ago...That time the concept of countries and everything was formed!!! Of course its gonna create problems!!!!What beats me is that why wasnt Israel given some better land in Europe!!! Anyways how would you feel if a bunch of people come to your country and beat the shit out of you guys and take a major land and proclaim themselves as a country!!!! I a sure it would be hard for the people!!And it was just 50 yrs ago..Which very well be today...Anyways arabs shud let this one go and leave in peace!!! Now thing s r too hard to change!! I am not supporting anyone!! Just making you notice that everyone is suffering and not only israel!!And u cant say that israel is suffering most!! I think its lebanon!! And then israel!! But somehow major players like syria is quite in peace!!!

Martina Hingis Ana Ivanovic Myskina Safarova

When I have my goals set, I always attain them- Justine
Mightymirza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote